Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

grover posted:

Well, he did swim 3.5 miles through open ocean towing a badly burned shipmate's life-vest in his teeth after having his PT boat loving cut in half by a Japanese destroyer.

Heck yeah, Kennedy was a badass alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded
Not military now, but it was once, as you can see from the gunport in the nose. This is a former USN PV-2 Harpoon, now decorating a miniature golf course in North Myrtle Beach. In addition to the gunport, the mount/location for the chin gun pack and the mounts for underwing rockets are still in evidence as well.

(the clone stamp is a lazy watermark until I figure out how to do a real one)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

Dig the high school biology teacher there on the far left.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Oxford Comma posted:

Knowing the recent trend, that guy probably murdered six people with a toothpick while skydiving out of a commercial jetliner.

Somebody repost that delta combat engineer that looks like rick moranis.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Chinatown posted:

Thanks for reminding me that I'm a pussy.

Also, is that a loving musket?

It looks like a caplock musket, yeah. Can't tell if it's rifled though.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

Vasudus posted:

Knowing the recent trend, that guy probably murdered six people with a toothpick while skydiving out of a commercial jetliner.

Undoubtedly.

I like how our nation's most elite troops can look so goony, though. Hollywood told me otherwise.....

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Can't find it. Guy looks so unsuspecting, but he's a BAMF.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Here ya go

e: And here's a follow up post -

Smiling Jack posted:

This page now for pictures of cool dudes with glasses

yes that's the same dude in both photographs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nerdy uncle who builds model airplanes to guy that kills villages.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Oxford Comma posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy on the left is Billy Waugh who was in SF during Vietnam and did at least a couple tours in SOG. Also took part in the first HALO combat jump. Then after retiring from the army he worked for the CIA which is what he was doing in Afghanistan in 2001 where he spent his 71st birthday I believe.

Dude spent like 50 years doing badass poo poo for his country. He was also on the CIA team in Sudan that was keeping track of Osama Bin Laden and Carlos the Jackal in the 1990's.

edit: yep that's definitely Billy Waugh.

Here he is before his combat HALO jump

Mustang fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 18, 2013

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mustang posted:

Billy Waugh who was in SF during Vietnam and did at least a couple tours in SOG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Waugh#Awards_and_decorations posted:

Purple Heart with seven oak leaf clusters

:stare:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Here's a few more old school SF photos.

Richard Meadows sometimes before/during/after the Son Tay Raid

Blueboy element of the Son Tay Raid. Captain Meadows is in the left foreground.

Richard Meadows was one of the guys who's stories I grew up listening to. My uncle joined SF at the same time as him, in 1953, and knew him well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Cool so it turns out this was probably an understatement

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Mustang posted:

even older school:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

FATWOLF posted:

even older school:

I think they need more jerrycans on those jeeps.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm gonna find the Red Cell videos for y'all.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NAz533iYRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhVjTKtoiM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvlODnG-gJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOAuO5gEBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiiV1dDP68s

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:
I went to the Camp Mabry Texas Military History Museum today (or the Brigadier General John C. L. Scribner Texas Military Forces Museum, if you're feeling long-winded) and snapped some photos of some rear end and some memorabilia for y'all. There's a TON of photos, and if there's one in particular you guys want, I can email you the big RAW files. My favorites:

Rommel's field cap, taken as a war trophy by the National Guard unit that is stationed at Mabry.

Looking down the barrel of an M1A1 Abrams.
The link to the album is HERE.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

good job christoff

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Yeeeeees

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Mustang posted:

Richard Meadows sometimes before/during/after the Son Tay Raid

Blueboy element of the Son Tay Raid. Captain Meadows is in the left foreground.

Richard Meadows was one of the guys who's stories I grew up listening to. My uncle joined SF at the same time as him, in 1953, and knew him well.

Meadows' son was my Squadron commander. I didn't know how badass his dad was until he had been promoted.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

New helmut day.

Edit: VVVV Caption I used when I posted this elsewhere:

There's two sides to every coin.

Left: Slovak Army Vz32 Helmet with markings to prevent friendly fire from German troops, who confused the style of helmet with the Russian SSH-39.

Right: Red Army V32 Helmet with Red Star painted on the front, found in a small village outside of Prague, believed to have been used by Czechoslovak partizans.

N17R4M fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 19, 2013

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

N17R4M posted:

New helmut day.

Caption please?

Heisenburglar
Aug 23, 2012
First time poster in GIP
Please don't speculate and more will come soon.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Heisenburglar posted:

First time poster in GIP

erektor set in a parking garage during airsoft?

oh wait you said don't speculate

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Well those are Micro-Tavors and that particular shade of uniform is a dead giveaway

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Heisenburglar posted:

First time poster in GIP

You are a pirate hunting IDF special forces operator.

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

:wtc:

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

gleep gloop posted:

You are a pirate hunting IDF special forces operator.

And somehow, a goon as well.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
IDR left MARSOC to join make aliyah and join Shayetet 13.

e: weirdly reverse GIS is turning up nothing on those photos. I suppose he could have done the blurring himself and then they wouldn't get hits.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Mortabis posted:

e: weirdly reverse GIS is turning up nothing on those photos. I suppose he could have done the blurring himself and then they wouldn't get hits.
Not sure if it occurred to anyone, but what if he's not a faker?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

grover posted:

Not sure if it occured to anyone, but there's a small chance he may not be a faker. Yeah, most of y'all are pogs, but there are a few people here who actually shoot real bullets at real bad guys. Or maybe Green Meat just pocketed the money I gave him for SAPI plates, dunno.
Nice edit. He is. Case closed.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Grover unironically using the term pog. :ironicat:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

grover posted:

Not sure if it occurred to anyone, but what if he's not a faker?

Mortabis posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549407&highlight=

good thread. post more pics please

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

:munch:

e: That was a fun read.

Smoke Crack fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 20, 2013

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mortabis posted:

Nope, reverse GIS has turned up uncensored versions of stuff for me in the past, either directly or in the visually similar images.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho
Hes pretty much verified from last time when christoff(lol) tried to call him out, dude is legit imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Poor Christoff got broken by IDR.

• Locked thread