Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
This thread convinced me to give the show a try.

Oh my god, where has Jake been all my life? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Daysvala posted:

Oh my god, where has Jake been all my life? :allears:

Shirt pocket :3:

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

It's kind of amazing that BMO has survived so long, given that it has a clear disregard for safety in the matter of liquids, deleting random files, etc.

"More eggs, BMO?"

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

axleblaze posted:

It's odd that this character has the most complex story so far but there we go. All you really need to know is that Lemongrab is really kind of a butt.
Yeah, it's kind of incredible how they took the (literally) one-note villain from Too Young and made him into one of the show's most nuanced characters without really changing his character. I was originally kind of wary about Lemongrab becoming a recurring character, but now he's maybe my favorite character. It's kind of a bummer they couldn't do the same with LSP, although I guess the initial charm of her character is that she is so shallow and predictable.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't post much in the last thread and probably won't post much in this one either, but I really enjoy this show. I also enjoy reading you lot post about details I would have otherwise missed and answer questions I didn't even want answered think about.

On another note, the title gif in the cool new op doesn't really look that great. If I knew what episode it was from I could probably make a better quality one for you. It's one from like the middle of an episode right? I want to say one with Tree Trunks? I'm not really sure though, it doesn't appear to be from the actual main intro because that one has Finn and Jake holding up the banner:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Xik posted:

On another note, the title gif in the cool new op doesn't really look that great. If I knew what episode it was from I could probably make a better quality one for you. It's one from like the middle of an episode right?

Pretty sure that the .gif in the OP was ripped from a promotion that Cartoon Network used to run between shows.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Spiffster posted:

Pretty sure that the .gif in the OP was ripped from a promotion that Cartoon Network used to run between shows.

Ah yeah, the live action commercial (at the end). Quality is bad :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_S-ZrK76L0

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is it too early in the thread for fanart, because I don't think I shared my knitted LSP dress with you guys (because at the time I made it I think someone had posted a fantastic LSP cosplay and I thought "well gently caress I suck.")

Here it is. The dress is skimpy because it's LSP. Not because I was running out of yarn.

These lumps are not for sale, Brandon.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_HxKReSSlA

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Olivia42 posted:

Is it too early in the thread for fanart, because I don't think I shared my knitted LSP dress with you guys (because at the time I made it I think someone had posted a fantastic LSP cosplay and I thought "well gently caress I suck.")

Here it is. The dress is skimpy because it's LSP. Not because I was running out of yarn.

These lumps are not for sale, Brandon.

The dress is great but totall overshadowed by THAT BEE!!!!! Do you have an esty shop or something?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Martytoof posted:

Shirt pocket :3:

*fart*

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Yo I just wanted to drop by to say that the comics are totally math and everyone should read them. The only thing that sucks is you don't get to hear BMO's voice.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So, being sort of a dorky infant, I subscribed to the new Adventure Time magazine they started over here. I don't know how much of a thing these are in the US, but they're basically small magazines based around established children's properties that have crappy free gifts and are just lazy. But I still had to because you know!

Got the first issue today. It came with a free sweatband, badge, keyring, and set of dogtags, all featuring Finn, although there is a Jake set too. To clarify how cheap these are the badge is made literally with a safety pin. Has very typical kiddy stuff like puzzles and comic strips (including that one the Nedroid guy did) and tear-out posters in the middle. This one had the title card for "What Is Life?" on one side and a big Jake face on the other. It's cute and worth the small price.

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Did anyone notice that painting in the box with the two swords in it?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

weirdojace posted:

Did anyone notice that painting in the box with the two swords in it?

Yeah. I think that same figure popped up in another episode at some point, in a dream or something. We never did find out what was up with that, and while part of me wants to know, another part wants them to just keep hiding it in episodes in creepy locations and such...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, the ghost from 'The Creeps'. The two swords look like Finn's gold and steel swords from earlier in the series.
AT fans are good at spotting these things, and the writers do put them in on purpose.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Uh, speaking of spotting things...

Look to the left of that box. Is that a body wrapped in a carpet/blanket?

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Those are definitely shoes I never noticed that, and right before bed, too!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 7, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Since the fan crafting seal has been broken, I just finished a Catbug plush today. Eventually he will be carrying a little banner saying "Everything is okay!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting article... Cartoon and a comedian: how Adventure Time and Louie are revolutionizing TV storytelling for different generations - http://blogs.crikey.com.au/wiresand...nt-generations/

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 19, 2013

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Just had a random trivial thought: Lemonhope's choice of musical instruments kind of looks inspired by the Tigtone trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjRuin_EpA&t=40s

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I think I've become too emotionally invested in a show when, missing chunks of Season 5 and only now catching up, I am deliberately skipping episodes centered around BMO and LSP, who I find intolerable in their particular brands of quirkiness. FP and FtH are just so goddamn adorable this season, though :3:; that weird episode where Finn had half-human/half-blanket children was weird as hell though, and holy poo poo, the straw that blew my mine was adult Finn was Jonathan Frakes :wtc:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo, I knew that voice!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Interesting article... Cartoon and a comedian: how Adventure Time and Louie are revolutionizing TV storytelling for different generations - http://blogs.crikey.com.au/wiresand...nt-generations/

Thanks for the terrible article. The writer lists the most adult episodes of Adventure Time and then the most childish episodes of Louie; reads like a community college English course essay on "How Two Things I Like Are Similar." Pro click.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Protagorean posted:

I think I've become too emotionally invested in a show when, missing chunks of Season 5 and only now catching up, I am deliberately skipping episodes centered around BMO and LSP, who I find intolerable in their particular brands of quirkiness. FP and FtH are just so goddamn adorable this season, though :3:; that weird episode where Finn had half-human/half-blanket children was weird as hell though, and holy poo poo, the straw that blew my mine was adult Finn was Jonathan Frakes :wtc:

I know it was just a 5 second thing, but that bird pooping out a tiny pillow was just too :3: . God, I love this show.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...

scary ghost dog posted:

Thanks for the terrible article. The writer lists the most adult episodes of Adventure Time and then the most childish episodes of Louie; reads like a community college English course essay on "How Two Things I Like Are Similar." Pro click.

After all the Australian censorship, that's all they got left!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Someone doesn't like BMO and LSP?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 7, 2014

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

boom boom boom posted:

The anti-LSP faction has existed since the first episode aired.

and a sicker or more detestable coven of wretches I cannot recall.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Chexoid posted:

and a sicker or more detestable coven of wretches I cannot recall.

Except people who don't like BMO.

Seriously, Protagorean, what's it like to have no soul?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Meis posted:

Except people who don't like BMO.

Seriously, Protagorean, what's it like to have no soul?

Yeah, I can see people not liking LSP...but BMO? For reals?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, LSP is supposed to be irritating, so I understand when people don't like her but disliking BMO is just confusing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LSP is loving hilarious. So is Lemongrab.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.
I don't think there's actually a character in this show that I don't like.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MojoKingBee posted:

Yeah, I think I agree with this (at least I can't think of a character I don't like off hand). In fact it's really hard for me to choose who my favorite character is. It used to be Marceline but these days I'm leaning more towards Princess Bubblegum or BMO.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

MojoKingBee posted:

Cinnamon Bun :argh:

And even then he has his moments.

My favorite character of the show right now is Ice King, with Marceline a close second. Or maybe Bubblegum. Or Pebbutt. or Finn. Or BMO. Or LSP. or. or. or.

So many good characters!

Gally fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 19, 2013

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gally posted:

Cinnamon Bun :shakefist:

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Cinnamon Bun is awesome for tension-breaking gags. He's used so sparingly that he never feels shoehorned in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

That looks dirtier every time I look at it.

Best character for me is probably Ice King followed by Magic Man, but the best design has to be The Lich. I mean... drat.

• Locked thread