Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

the posted:

Then how was I supposed to know that my graphics card wasn't supported? I think it was reasonable to simply see if the card I had was more powerful than the minimum requirements. I had no idea I had to search specifically to see if my card wasn't supported, and it didn't note that anywhere on the product page. I play Defiance, Warframe, and Neverwinter on this with no problems.

I wouldn't be so annoyed by this if there was a way I could get a refund for this game being a complete waste of my money because I can't even play it. I just flushed $30 down the drain.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/0/864975632397982132/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34805879

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1jy8il/if_you_own_payday_the_heist_you_will_have_a/cbjnav8

Sorry you can't do the most basic research, these were all top 3 results for "payday 2 integrated graphics". Caveat emptor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Again, this is a problem I've never encountered before. There's no option for a refund. It doesn't seem fair that I get put in that situation.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

Cooking meth is hard work :v:

Fantastic. It's absolutely crucial if you're doing anything on your own or holding tight chokepoints like in a vault or a tight hallway. It's invaluable in heists like Rats day 1, as evidenced above.

I love being a tech with a 308.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Zurreco posted:

Those are Heavy SWAT. Any guards/police can cuff you if they completely catch you off guard, but these assholes can just sweep through and detain you if they want to rush in and you're not actively blasting their faces off.

I'm talking about putting my mask on, trying to dominate a security guard, and somehow getting cuffed because ???

The worst part is it happens in slow motion

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

padijun posted:

I'm talking about putting my mask on, trying to dominate a security guard, and somehow getting cuffed because ???

The worst part is it happens in slow motion

It's like a reverse Joker, these guards are just so charismatic they make you cuff yourself in repentance for all the evil deeds you've done.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

It seems like everywhere I look people are having trouble with Framing Frames Day 3 stealth. I've completed it stealthily about seven times now, and there's one super cheesy method that almost guarantees a victory every time.

Prereqs: Body bags, dominator, smooth talker

Step 0: Always have at least one person watching the camera cycling for enemies to highlight
Step 1: Unlock every door on the roof
Step 2: Wait for each guard to get to the roof, then melee them, bag their body, and throw it next to your cameraman (noise reduction comes in handy)
Step 3: Do that for four guards, then dominate the 5th and have him cuff himself.
Step 4: Knock out every camera
Step 5: Complete the mission as normal with no way to fail unless you touch lasers

It'll take up to 20 minutes, but if you're on a pro job and REALLY don't want to fail, this will always work.

Remember: There will always be five guards. Breaking cameras has no downside unless a guard walks by (there isn't anyone manning the cameras themselves). Only throw 2-3 gold bags through each time the lasers are down. Enjoy free cash.

I apologize if someone already wrote something like this.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If Overkill adds a DLC class I hope a top tier aced perk or something is carrying an extra secondary or something. Running out of ammo during a Bank Heist with like 20 bags of cash and gold and 0 of bullets sucks. :negative:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
To dominate guards, make sure you're not crouched and keep your distance.

I think you sometimes end up just marking the guard instead of intimidating.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mortimer posted:

Step 3: Do that for four guards, then dominate the 5th and have him cuff himself.

I haven't even tried to do stealth in a while; does this mean you only get two pager answers spread out across four people? And that only goes up if one person has smooth talker? If two or more people have it, it gets wasted?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lady Naga posted:

I haven't even tried to do stealth in a while; does this mean you only get two pager answers spread out across four people? And that only goes up if one person has smooth talker? If two or more people have it, it gets wasted?

The way Smooth Talker works is that it increases the limit for successful answers from two to four. The first two pagers can be answered by anyone, the last two have to be done by someone with Smooth Talker. You only get four answers per game, regardless of how many people have ST, yes, but having two people with ST means you can take down two guards at once and have one person each answer a pager. For example, I was in a Big Oil 2 run today where we had two guards standing right next to each other. So we shot both of them at the same time and the two ST people answered the pagers at the same time, making our 3rd and 4th call in.

Dominator, on the other hand, allows one domination per person. So in theory you could have up to eight dominated guards if *everyone* had it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I thought there can only be one surrendered guard at a time, but up to four converts.

Of course the converts are likely to cause trouble on a stealth mission.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Is there a way to 1 headshot all non-specials on overkill with the 308? I don't want to go that deep into the tech tree to get the skill for it, but I do have the increased silenced weapons perk. I like mastermind/ghost high level skills too much.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
We decided to stop dicking around, and finally attempt a stealth bank heist.

It became very costly.

Initially we stashed the bodies in the copy room to prevent random passerby noticing hostages.

We then realized that once the vault was open, it'd be safer to keep them inside, keeping a close eye on them while opening the deposit boxes.

..I think that guard is getting too friendly with Pooch.

Eventually, though..

Our new friend couldn't come with us.

This game is getting repetitive but we're still finding poo poo to keep us entertained.

Bonus shot of the guys opening boxes while I jerked off in a corner to my corpse collection.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 19, 2013

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What guns are people using? I'm an Enforcer and I went for the Reinfieldt shotgun/The Uzi and silenced Deagle or non-silenced Deagle if I have a saw.

edit: Unrelated but Firestarter and Big Oil make me want a Payday DLC where one of each of you plays as a Bulldozer/Taser/Cloaker/Shield.

It'd be like the SWAT games meets army of 2 and left 4 dead.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Dracula Factory posted:

Is there a way to 1 headshot all non-specials on overkill with the 308? I don't want to go that deep into the tech tree to get the skill for it, but I do have the increased silenced weapons perk. I like mastermind/ghost high level skills too much.

You just need enough to unlock the fourth tier. I wouldn't normally go into Technician for more than the skill that makes single shot weapons more accurate, but bonus headshot damage is just nice to have for any gun, and it's especially worth it for the M308.

This is what I have in my Technician tree to keep wasted points to a minimum for the bonus headshot damage. The points spent on extra tripmines and cheaper weapon mod crafting are basically a waste, but the alternative would be to ace Rifleman; I typically don't want the extra zoom in with assault rifles that brings, and it's one point cheaper to keep it that way and still get the bonus headshot damage. The rest of the skills are still useful. Other than this tree I'm primarily Mastermind, but I definitely don't see anything in Ghost higher than the third tier worth bothering for other than safecracking, which is pretty nice.

versus fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 19, 2013

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

versus posted:

You just need enough to unlock the fourth tier. I wouldn't go Technician at all, but it's worth it for the M308.

This is what I have in my Technician tree to keep wasted points to a minimum for the bonus headshot damage. The points spent on extra tripmines and cheaper weapon mod crafting are basically a waste, but the alternative would be to ace Rifleman; I typically don't want the extra zoom in with assault rifles that brings, and it's one point cheaper to keep it that way and still get the bonus headshot damage. The rest of the skills are still useful. Other than this tree I'm primarily Mastermind, but I definitely don't see anything in Ghost higher than the third tier worth bothering for other than safecracking, which is pretty nice.

I'd agree on the weapon crafting part, but the people I normally play with learned tripmines are quite useful when maxed out. It was the first thing I went for, as well as shaped charges. The alternate mode is sensors, which beep annoyingly when police pass through. Set two to the back doors/area not being watched and you will always have a warning someone is coming behind you, letting you spend more focus on other chokepoints. They also have a nice radius, and one tripmine takes out a bulldozer, two if they're together.

Also, shaped charges are the best for speedruns/card grinding if that's your thing.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
I'd like to apologize to the perfectly lovely marv, LethaL and ShootingBlanks. We were running a really good Framing Frames on Day 3 totally stealthed and my connection went to poo poo which hosed our mission at just the wrong time to set the alarm off. My bad guys :smith:.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Yeah, I used to have shaped charges, but honestly I know more people that are most invested in Technician rather than invested primarily in any other tree, and missions where you just blow up a safe and run are boring, so I switched back to Mastermind for two improved medic bags and Joker, plus the promise of getting the abilities at the top (e: plus the fun of yelling at cops across the street to surrender). Fully upgraded trip mines might be worth taking eventually, but killing bulldozers, already barely a threat outside of very close range at any difficulty (well, at least any currently available), doesn't warrant someone giving up an ammo or medic bag, and situational awareness is really not a problem in this game at all, at least until they add cloakers. Maybe someone with shaped charges should bring them along on some missions, but unless it's one of those missions made completely trivial by shaped charges, or everyone else is carrying double bags, I'd probably rather have them bring an un-upgraded ammo or medic bag instead.

e: maybe I'm being too harsh, they did come in handy when I was 2-manning Firestarter overkill earlier with LNF, they did help shorten the process of getting the server on day 2, which was time we definitely could not really afford on that mission.

versus fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 19, 2013

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I'd like to apologize to the perfectly lovely marv, LethaL and ShootingBlanks. We were running a really good Framing Frames on Day 3 totally stealthed and my connection went to poo poo which hosed our mission at just the wrong time to set the alarm off. My bad guys :smith:.

Well if it makes you feel any better, ShootingBlanks and I could probably do Framing Frame in our sleep at this point. :ninja:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'm genuinely considering respeccing just to drop shaped charges. They make everything too drat easy and I could use those 8 points to work my way up the enforcer tree like I've been meaning to.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Good lord, the loving gangsters in day 2 of rats hit way harder than they should. I'd expect gangsters to have mostly small, concealable side-arms with a spattering of a few heavier hitting weapons. Nope, it's like being hammered by the green uniform guys, or their later bulletproof brown-armored buddies.

Feeble posted:

I'm genuinely considering respeccing just to drop shaped charges. They make everything too drat easy and I could use those 8 points to work my way up the enforcer tree like I've been meaning to.

Run with good friends who have the saw, ECM hacking, and/or lockpicking. The saw can do literally everything C4 can but safes, only faster. ECM can take care of the electronically locked doors but silently, and an aced lockpicking ghost can do any lock ever in no time, even safes are done relatively fast and completely silently.

Now that my buddy got his saw I almost feel like a third wheel sometimes as I look for where to stick my C4. Don't need me to bring an ammo bag either because he has two.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 19, 2013

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Crime net is annoying to work with. It seems difficult to find an overkill heist that isn't Ukrainian/Nightclub/Bank, and not so coincidentally those are the three I am most bored with.

I feel like the game is too easy right now, but on the other hand the memories I have of overkill and even hard diff. in the first game are not pleasant ones. Still, anything below overkill has been a snooze since I hit like, level 25

folgore fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 19, 2013

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
They really should add a couple character slots, I know I can respec, but it is soo much trouble and cost to do so.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Alkydere posted:

Good lord, the loving gangsters in day 2 of rats hit way harder than they should. I'd expect gangsters to have mostly small, concealable side-arms with a spattering of a few heavier hitting weapons. Nope, it's like being hammered by the green uniform guys, or their later bulletproof brown-armored buddies.

Actually, they don't hit that hard. They're just much more accurate than any cop, and will head straight for you with no hesitation. I guess it's to compensate for them dying the moment you so much as look at them.

Foma posted:

They really should add a couple character slots, I know I can respec, but it is soo much trouble and cost to do so.

Two heists are more than enough to fund respeccing by level 50. No idea what you mean by "trouble", it takes like two minutes at most.

Character slots imply you'd have to start from level 0 again, which sounds horrible.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Aug 19, 2013

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

the posted:

Again, this is a problem I've never encountered before. There's no option for a refund. It doesn't seem fair that I get put in that situation.

Actually, if you do some research, you'd know that Intel HD integrated graphics tend to have horrific problems with most games on the market. The 3 you mentioned earlier are the exception, not the rule.
Also, if you're trying to play games... get a discrete graphics card. Seriously. Expecting integrated graphics to do anything other then run your OS and play Youtube videos is not realistic.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Foma posted:

All I really want is loadout pre-sets.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

folgore posted:

Crime net is annoying to work with. It seems difficult to find an overkill heist that isn't Ukrainian/Nightclub/Bank, and not so coincidentally those are the three I am most bored with.

I feel like the game is too easy right now, but on the other hand the memories I have of overkill and even hard diff. in the first game are not pleasant ones. Still, anything below overkill has been a snooze since I hit like, level 25

'Bain' said on the Payday forums, I believe, to trust him, we'd love Crime.Net.

sorry bain, no dice. :sigh:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So I dragged a friend who'd just got the game through Rats on very hard along with two randoms. Getting three bags was a nightmare. The info went well, even though Bain freaked out. 60 grand from both. The bus blows up, naturally. One guy yells "SUICIDE" and stage-dives into a herd of cops. The other guy silently offs himself. I'm the host, so I'm the boss, but whatever, I go kill myself too. Three down, but my friend is standing in the extraction zone. Cue a 20 second frantic explanation that he needs to get the gently caress out of the zone and go kill himself so we can reset the last part of the mission for big bucks.

Everyone dies, and hey, it turns out I'd picked a pro-job. :suicide:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Is Jewelry store even worth doing after level 35? Trying to find something new to grind as it's gotten extremely boring.

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Magic Underwear posted:

I will say that this game has been a bit buggy, engine-wise. Twice now I've alt-tabbed back in and had the game drop to 15fps and stay there even after closing and re-opening the game. Had to restart to fix it.

Yeah I have the same issue. Alt-tabbing lags the game a lot once you go back in, and seems to make it prone to crashing. Was running Big Oil and alt-tabbed to do the PSI conversion. Couple of minutes later the game crashes and boots everyone as I'm host.

Game is a lot of fun but it was clearly rushed - tons of glitches, errors and missing features.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

LeoMarr posted:

Is Jewelry store even worth doing after level 35? Trying to find something new to grind as it's gotten extremely boring.

Grinding the nightclub is a step up from jewelry stores because there's actual shooting involved. And if you aren't the safecracker, you can run around stealing poker money and emptying registers.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Nothing is worth grinding except for Ukrainian Overkill. Do the rest because you want to pull them off really well, the time:reward is nowhere near as good.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Donnerberg posted:

Grinding the nightclub is a step up from jewelry stores because there's actual shooting involved. And if you aren't the safecracker, you can run around stealing poker money and emptying registers.

Alright, I assume C4 rushing with loot truck?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Do instant cash items get, well instantly added to your available spending cash? Or do they get piled into the heist total and you only get 5.2% of it?

LeoMarr posted:

Alright, I assume C4 rushing with loot truck?

C4/Safecracker + saw is the best way. Even the saw might not be totally necessary. The truck would actually slow night club down if you have c4 & saw.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Anatharon posted:

What guns are people using? I'm an Enforcer and I went for the Reinfieldt shotgun/The Uzi and silenced Deagle or non-silenced Deagle if I have a saw.

I'm not particular about the makes and models, but I can't get an erection anymore unless I'm holding a shotgun in each hand.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mitt Romney posted:

Do instant cash items get, well instantly added to your available spending cash? Or do they get piled into the heist total and you only get 5.2% of it?

C4/Safecracker + saw is the best way. Even the saw might not be totally necessary. The truck would actually slow night club down if you have c4 & saw.

Is safecracker even worth using over C4? Tech seems to have a much better tree than the shoe horned tree that ghost seems to be.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Which scope is the best for throwing on the M308?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Anatharon posted:

The locomotive is one of the best secondary weapons. It's basically a slightly less accurate 880 with the same damage and magazine. Throw on the pro pistol grip or whatever its called and they're almost indistinguishable. before I specced out of enforcer is was my go-to gun. Shotguns in general are really powerful if you are remotely good at aiming in the general vicinity of people's heads especially with the enforcer shotgun perks.

The AK.762 with some recoil reduction mods to tame it is an absolute meat grinder though it has some issues with ammo for long fights.

The AK 5 is probably the best accurate low-recoil assault rifle. With a several mods you can point it at someones head, pull the trigger and put three right on their face from halfway across the map.

The PARA is probably the best auto secondary though not until you get the mods to tame it's recoil, but then it's one of the best and you get a good ammo pool with it as well.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Which scope is the best for throwing on the M308?

Probably the milspec scope since it's the only thing that approaches a zoom in the game. For close range though the surgeon sight provides a good sight picture without crapping it up with the scope body.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 19, 2013

Soral
May 30, 2009

I got the Deagle a little while ago and it seems to be pretty much identical to the crosskill other than the damage stat and the reduced ammo count, yet for some reason I perform far worse with it than my old crosskill, I can't hit a loving thing at anything other than short range. Am I imagining things? Or are those stat bars actually meaningless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I keep going double shotguns as an Enforcer. After picking up the Overkill skill you can just mow down obscene numbers of the heavy FBI. Kill one with the double barrel, swap to the loco and pop helmets in one shot with the bonus damage.

Also the melee shields skill is fantastic except when a pair of them stand side by side as noted before.

I keep trying out Ghost/Tech builds, but I think I've ruined myself by being so murderously effective as an enforcer.

• Locked thread