Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure I'm hilariously late to this, but I was reading a thread on reddit about Hank and saw someone link this screen-grab from a TMNT movie

http://i.imgur.com/tKpjd0i.jpg

That's so great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I've never seen that and that might be one of the best Easter eggs I've ever seen. Club Foot remix :lol:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The FA FA FO HI collection, over 500 pieces of vinyl.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That's absolutely brilliant. Do people Baba Booey the camera when April O'Neil does tv reports and stuff?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

kylej posted:

I'm sure I'm hilariously late to this, but I was reading a thread on reddit about Hank and saw someone link this screen-grab from a TMNT movie

http://i.imgur.com/tKpjd0i.jpg

That's so great

I love this so much.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

Hey, somebody has to fill Nick's shoes

Bullshit

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I wonder what the Barbi twins are up to? Someone call Gary.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Thanks for the packs, kylej!

MVP posted:

Listening to Stern playlists on Youtube, Robin is the worst. Her terrible laughing and her short fuse rage is so hard to get through.

I had to stop because I just couldn't take it anymore.
She really is - and always has been - a worthless "broadcaster". I get her role in that she always provided a positive feedback loop for Howard (which he needs), but I can't stand it whenever she tries to have an opinion on anything.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Brad Pitt is not a movie star.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Kill Bill is a terrible action film, The Last Action Hero is a great action film.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Wasco Jr. posted:

Kill Bill is a terrible action film, The Last Action Hero is a great action film.

To be fair to Robin, no one on that show has good opinions on anything.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sasquatch! posted:

Thanks for the packs, kylej!

No problem :)

If anyone knows any YouTube Stern clip people feel free to send those links over to them. There's a ton of great stuff in that year that I know people would enjoy listening to.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Shuly was terrible in the studio, but I think he is really great when he comes in and gives updates on the wack packers he deals with. I could listen to him every week if he gave a 20 minute update on all the crazies he deals with.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

Howard is a great source of movie recommendations as long as you do the exact loving opposite of whatever he recommends.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Vakal posted:

Howard is a great source of movie recommendations as long as you do the exact loving opposite of whatever he recommends.

Spiderman 3 proves this.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I am greatly amused by how confused he gets when discussing Game of Thrones, it kind of reminds me of the brain overload that ETM gets when they ask him basic math questions.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Richard Christy recommended Coheed and Cambria, and that was a good recommendation.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

prefect posted:

Richard Christy recommended Coheed and Cambria, and that was a good recommendation.

Did you wear a diaper to the concert?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Did you wear a diaper to the concert?

I haven't seen them in concert; I can't claim to be as big a fan as Richard. :shobon:

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Coheed and Cambria is my faaaaaavorite.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Does anyone know where the "I'm gaaay, I'm a homo, I like guuuuuys..." drop comes from? Google has let me down, and it's bugging me that I can't place it.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've heard Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" 2 times on the radio in the past 3 days, and all I could think of was Richard's "Guys, Guys, Guys" song for K.C.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
At the Ram Rod in Ft. Lauderdale.

Rockin' at the Man Hole in Jacksonville.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

DangerDummy! posted:

Does anyone know where the "I'm gaaay, I'm a homo, I like guuuuuys..." drop comes from? Google has let me down, and it's bugging me that I can't place it.

In & Out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119360/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

quote:

MIKE: All right. I'm gay. I'm a homo. I like guys.

I still do it with chicks every chance I get...
and I'm totally good at it...

but I hate it, and I'm gay.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I actually didn't mind Shuli in the studio because having a voice in there other than Howard and Robin is really, really important.

I mean, he never made me laugh once but it was better than not having somebody in the Artie chair

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Speaking of which, has Fred been sleeping at the desk lately? I haven't been hearing many good or well timed drops, he might not have anything to work with, but I'd like to hear him a bit more.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Speaking of which, has Fred been sleeping at the desk lately? I haven't been hearing many good or well timed drops, he might not have anything to work with, but I'd like to hear him a bit more.

I've really noticed this over the last year... Fred isn't just as quick as he used to be. :smith:
He has always been my faaaaaaavvorrrite, so this pains me.

It's most jarring when you hear old clips where he is absolutely crushing it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So it sounds like the Steve Jobs movie basically sticks to the truth that Jobs was an rear end in a top hat business man who cashed in on others inventions.

Any bets on if it sways Howard's worshiping of Jobs at all?

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

AxeManiac posted:

Agreed about the drops, but there was one day last week (Monday, I think) when he was downright chatty. Y'know, by Fred standards.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

Vakal posted:

So it sounds like the Steve Jobs movie basically sticks to the truth that Jobs was an rear end in a top hat business man who cashed in on others inventions.

Any bets on if it sways Howard's worshiping of Jobs at all?
It doesn't cover the iPhone era so Howard won't care.

Now if they make a movie about Jeff Schick (from IBM), you can count on him to talk about it.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
I apologize in advance for a possible derail to the show, but I have a quick question about Sirius (hoping someone might know the answer here).

This morning, around 5:30am, I was listening to Howard 100. All of a sudden, my SiriusXM display refreshes and now says that I need to subscribe and call a certain number. Going through some other channels I listen to (Liquid Metal, for example) and this occurs here as well. Does not occur for some other channels like Opie and Anthony on 206.

Has anyone seen this issue before? I have had the same subscription plan for the better part of 5 years now. Haven't changed anything.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah something definitely happened. I've been using an old Sirius unit without an active sub for almost 3 years. There was an update this morning and now it doesn't work. They must have sent out some sort of kill thing.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Billy West's first appearance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB5cEbeTHX4

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I see "The Man with the 132lb Scrotum" is coming on TLC in about an hour.

I really don't know if I want to tune in, but I must admit I'm curious.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Howard sounds about the same, Robin does too, but man alive, Gary can hardly talk and his voice is really, really weird to me listening back on it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone here watch "AGT"?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I watched the first couple episodes last year and that was it. Not even Howard could get me to tune in.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I have no idea what the gently caress Howard was trying to say about Hot for Teacher. It's a great song, but he was just rambling incoherently.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Agreed. I love that song, and was waiting to hear something insightful... and then didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Sand Monster posted:

Nope.