Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

some texas redneck posted:

As someone who's known people who worked at both places, I wouldn't even piss in the restroom at a Golden Corral; I'm pretty sure I'd leave with new and exciting diseases just from standing in front of the urinals. Luby's at least tries to appear clean(ish), even if most of the patrons have colostomy bags.

Growing up, my parents loved cafeteria restaurants (so I got subjected to them often.. and still do from time to time). Luby's isn't horrible, Furr's (today) is actually decent. I miss Wyatt's though; IIRC there was actually one attached to a mall (or in the parking lot of the mall) in my home town (El Paso) at one point. They don't seem to really exist outside of Houston anymore though. :corsair:

A buddy and I got pretty hosed up one day and went in to Luby's on a whim. We laughed when entering at how lovely it was and then I knew I was in for some disappointment when I only had like half a plate of food after walking through the entire line. They had chicken and other meats sitting in pools of water / oil / grease that looked absolutely inedible. I think I had a salad and some turkey and mashed potatoes and we both left dejected that we just spent like 10 dollars on half a plate of dry turkey.

That being said I've been to Golden Corrale a few times while also hosed up and that was 100% worth it because I at least got to laugh my rear end off at all the crazy people in there. You don't go to GC for the food you pay the money for pure entertainment of seeing kids dousing unusual food in the chocolate waterfall or watching a 400lb lady go back for 5th's on the chicken or some other inhuman feat that I could never hope to pull off.

E: Also, the parking lot of GC is an absolute goldmine for lovely donks or riced out civics. I'd highly recommend it all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

some texas redneck posted:

e: 2G1CUP is available! :neckbeard: Someone needs to get that. Preferably on the Whataburger plate.

This is a Mighty Fine burger, not Whataburger. :colbert:
I'm not even a native Texan and I know these things. Also, Mighty Fine is far superior.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

JP Money posted:

E: Also, the parking lot of GC is an absolute goldmine for lovely donks or riced out civics. I'd highly recommend it all around.

Yep, I drive by the one in Everett, WA all the time, and... yeah, pretty much. Good to know it's universal. :v:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

I can only hope they left the airbag cannister under the controller.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Quit being a poser and paint the loving thing yellow. And the stacks should go through the hood.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Craptacular posted:

Or maybe also the canister.

I just think of that scene from Men In Black 2:

J: "Didn't your mom ever give you a Game Boy as a kid?"

K: "WHAT is a Game Boy?!"

More info on the car. It's a blast from way back in the past of 2006: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12494/Suzuki-SXBox-Xbox-360-Concept-Car-Pictures/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Blood Magnet posted:

Quit being a poser and paint the loving thing yellow. And the stacks should go through the hood.

If it was painted Caterpillar Yellow I would drive that without shame.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Chinatown posted:

If it was painted Caterpillar Yellow I would drive that without shame.

Stacks through the hood are a must-have for that kind of thing. And they absolutely have to have the weather cap things.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gotta be some kind of rolling-billboard promo car for the 360, right? Because if not... why does this exist?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Missing from this picture of Goku's Saturn is the randomly pulsing neon and LEDs all over the car.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Bradf0rd posted:

This is a Mighty Fine burger, not Whataburger. :colbert:
I'm not even a native Texan and I know these things. Also, Mighty Fine is far superior.

Goddamnit. Mighty Fine is apparently Austin only; I assumed since it was a burger plate it'd be Whataburger. :downsgun:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Craptacular posted:

Force feedback.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Code Jockey posted:

Gotta be some kind of rolling-billboard promo car for the 360, right? Because if not... why does this exist?

yep

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I'm going to go ahead and be the guy that says it's okay to do that with a nice car at the rear end end of the (almost empty) parking lot, and double parking is one of the things that irrationally infuriates me the most.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I'm going to go ahead and be the guy that says it's okay to do that with a nice car at the rear end end of the (almost empty) parking lot, and double parking is one of the things that irrationally infuriates me the most.

If the parking lot is nearly empty, then why not just take up a single space at the end of the lot? You just look like a turd parking sideways across two.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

angryhampster posted:

If the parking lot is nearly empty, then why not just take up a single space at the end of the lot? You just look like a turd parking sideways across two.

Because if you drive a nice car and park in a single spot, it's inevitable that EVERY drat TIME a shopping cart finds its' way right to your bumper. It's some kind of evil karma catch-22 for driving a nice car.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Parking normally doesn't change the chances of that.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I had someone describe their Honda Civic EX as a nice car. So I don't think that metric works.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Tactical Bonnet posted:

*must fight urge to post pics of my terrible parking*

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Show me the "nice car" said picture?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you literally get mad at someone not perfectly parking in an empty parking lot you are a sad, laughable idiot.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Yeah it's different if they park in the front half of a busy store on a Saturday or something.
The Solstice looks like it's in school lot or something.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Just be passive aggressive about it :v:

(We're right hand drive, I own the black focus)

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
This... thing? was seen driving around lovely Memphis.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's the new Cadillac Déclassé.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Ephphatha posted:

Just be passive aggressive about it :v:

(We're right hand drive, I own the black focus)

I was going to say that's a good way to get your car messed up, but given what you're driving you probably don't care much. Besides, it's not like he's going to have any easy time making a quick getaway.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

The guy driving was wearing a pink tee shirt and a pink and white striped Waldo-beanie (with a pink poofy ball on top).

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Rota rims failing or inability to drive not like a jackass? You decide.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
I'll give everyone a hint. It's both.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm wondering where the Rotas crack more than other wheels thing came from.

When you start tracking cars wheels become consumable, especially once r-comps come into play.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 19, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm wondering where the Rotas crack more than other wheels thing came from.
When you start tracking cars wheels become consumable, especially once r-comps come into play.

This is why we banned slicks at the VCHC a few years ago. The 355 Challenge had a wheel break, and being a Ferrari, it instantly caught fire. The driver was at the Sunday banquet eating dinner with the help of his wife, a whole head brace, and a grip of Percocet, but we didn't give him any poo poo about it - too scary.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Saw this happen as I left work today, that tree seems to be in the wrong place.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is a friend's car. It's been in his possession under a week and just look at it's little face... :(

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

88h88 posted:

This is a friend's car. It's been in his possession under a week and just look at it's little face... :(

What's the story on the wreck? Seems to be at some sort of motorsports event...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The story is he's an idiot, this is his first manual car and he wanted to go drifting in it. The car was spotless too. :/

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
I think that's what happens when you put Xs over the headlights.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Cruseydr posted:

I think that's what happens when you put Xs over the headlights.

Or go to a drift event with no other training than having watched Tsuchiya's "Drift Bible" DVD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Das Volk posted:

Or go to a drift event with no other training than having watched Tsuchiya's "Drift Bible" DVD

I just watched every episode of Initial D, am I ready?