Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I worded my response a bit wrong, I got the bit that it wasn't there anymore. Probably for the best. Kapow Toys are my boys anyway, especially the upcoming deal they've sorted for the new Masterpieces incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm off to the US in less than two weeks. TRU had better have a MP Soundwave and/or Metroplex.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The Demolition Crue bots are awesome and super pose-able and relatively cheap considering what some other 3rd party figures go for; I've played with them more than MP Soundwave!

e:
broken payload wheel :argh:

TheDK fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 18, 2013

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The_Doctor posted:

I'm off to the US in less than two weeks. TRU had better have a MP Soundwave and/or Metroplex.

I've got an extra Metroplex onhand that I pre-ordered and forgot to cancel. Are you wanting the thrill of the hunt, or are you ok with just buying one and having it mailed somewhere

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

GD_American posted:

I've got an extra Metroplex onhand that I pre-ordered and forgot to cancel. Are you wanting the thrill of the hunt, or are you ok with just buying one and having it mailed somewhere
Hide it somewhere for him and mail a treasure map!

I just put the stickers on my AM-33 Megatron and microns. While it was a very tedious process I'd rather not repeat, it does look much better with stickers applied.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don't think GD_American wants to go to Louisiana.

I like the thrill of the hunt, personally, but thanks all the same. I may yet turn around after a few days there and be all 'gently caress it, I'm staying at this address'.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I got TrailcutterBLAZER and Orion Pax recently. Gave Trailblazer Pax's axe so now he looks like he could go toe to toe with Straxus or Drift.

But what I really noticed about Orion Pax is without the Prime faceplate, he looks a LOT like Ironhide. A new Ironhide/Ratchet using this base mold would probably turn out better than the other Ironhide we already got from the Generations line. The paneling on his arms would have to be changed a little bit to make an enclosed area in vehicle mode.

I'm hoping, really really hoping, that when Masterpice Prowl comes out, this urge to buy cool robots that turn into things will fade a little bit. The original Prowl was my first Transformer as a kindergartener.

Yeah, right.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So does anyone know how they combined Platinum Omega Supreme with Generations Metroplex? I can do vehicle mode pretty easily, but robot mode I can't figure out. Using the ship as a shoulder cannon looks cool though.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

WendigoJohnson posted:

So does anyone know how they combined Platinum Omega Supreme with Generations Metroplex? I can do vehicle mode pretty easily, but robot mode I can't figure out. Using the ship as a shoulder cannon looks cool though.

Wait, what are you talking about? Need some pics here.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I don't think GD_American wants to go to Louisiana.

I like the thrill of the hunt, personally, but thanks all the same. I may yet turn around after a few days there and be all 'gently caress it, I'm staying at this address'.

I've still not seen Metro at TRU retail yet, but interestingly enough a chain of stores throughout the south called Hastings, has a couple locations up here in the PNW and I found him there. So if theres any Hastings in/near where you'll be in Louisiana, that might be worth a shot.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Your Other Left posted:

Wait, what are you talking about? Need some pics here.

I can't find them myself :negative: , so I was asking here to see if anyone else would know.

But Vehicle mode Metroplex can transport both halves of Omega in their vehicle mode since the runway is the same length as both Omega vehicles. City mode you can have either of the the Omega vehicles in their weapon platform mode and they'll fit snugly in the metroplex open leg cavities, or the battleship can dock pretty well on the helipad.

My understanding of robot mode is that somehow, the boat becomes a shoulder mounted cannon and the train part replaces Metroplex's left arm. I can't get either to stay put in robot mode.

*edit*
I should mention what I meant by leg cavities are the white foot pieces. They open up and you can stick either Omega Supreme weapons platform in either one. The white pieces will then lock in the pieces tightly when you bring them back up. So You then have a big gun and a giant claw attached to the front of Metroplex's city mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 19, 2013

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/233250-lets-see-some-fan-modes-thread-127.html#post9896187

I don't think anything's actually holding the boat arm on, I think he's just got it hanging off a little clip.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=

Xenomrph posted:

Crossposting from the Lego thread:

:eek:

That is my favorite thing I've seen all day. I'm only about 4 hours into my day so far, but still. That'll be hard to beat! And now I wanna make one of those for myself. =X

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

While at the "Nerd store" in my country (The only one that specializes in collectibles, comics, DVDs and whatever sci-fi/fantasy novels there are out) I picked up the MtMtE volumes, one of the staff there is apparently a big fan of upselling, or of Transformers. He told me Whirl figurine was coming, and two other figurines from the IDW comics were already out.

And when I said I was not into collecting, but the only figure I would be interested in owning was Soundwave Masterpiece, he said he could special order that for me. However given the lousy exchange rate and the shipping cost, it would be double the US price. Is it worth it? I'm loving stoked over the fact that getting Soundwave Masterpiece is actually possible for me. Or should I check if he can get "Swerve with drink tray" figurine when that comes out?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I spent about double the US price on the Takara Soundwave and his cassettes, and don't regret it one bit. If there's one figure you go crazy over-budget for, I'd make it MP Soundwave.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The guy you talked to was probably refering to the Takara MP Soundwave, which only comes with Laserbeak though, so get more info before making a decision.

But yeah as keldroc said the figure is totally worth it. I don't regret paying for the takara version plus cassettes one bit, expensive as they are.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Knormal posted:

Here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/233250-lets-see-some-fan-modes-thread-127.html#post9896187

I don't think anything's actually holding the boat arm on, I think he's just got it hanging off a little clip.

Thanks folks.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

OK I'm still loving my MP Soundwave now where the gently caress is my MP Ratbat, MP Slugfest and MP Overkill

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TFCC is doing a Chromedome exclusive with a MTMTE Nick Roche-designed head. gently caress.

https://www.twitter.com/NickRoche/status/369475681928753152

I need my gay robots. :(

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY MEMORY STICK

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GD_American posted:

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY MEMORY STICK

I teared up. Rewind's farewell is incredibly touching. :(

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It certainly was something. Credit to Roberts for having the balls to finally put the L-word in play.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What base mold are they using for their Chromedome?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Blackheart posted:

What base mold are they using for their Chromedome?

Transformers Prime Deluxe Wheeljack.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No Your Other Left posted:

Transformers Prime Deluxe Wheeljack.

Hmm, here's someone's custom on that very idea:

Not bad, I guess. Doesn't TFCC only get to do an exclusive like this if Hasbro doesn't have plans to?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Yeah, Hasbro can and will veto anything they have immediate plans in the pipeline for, so this is kind of good and bad news. Similarly, the TFCC Rampage figure means a Generations Rampage is probably not in the cards anytime soon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I doubt they could surpass the original Rampage right now anyway.

Well, but they are doing a pretty cool Rhinox, or at least he looks cool from what we've seen.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Keldroc posted:

I spent about double the US price on the Takara Soundwave and his cassettes, and don't regret it one bit. If there's one figure you go crazy over-budget for, I'd make it MP Soundwave.

Blackheart posted:

The guy you talked to was probably refering to the Takara MP Soundwave, which only comes with Laserbeak though, so get more info before making a decision.

But yeah as keldroc said the figure is totally worth it. I don't regret paying for the takara version plus cassettes one bit, expensive as they are.

Getting kinda confused, Takara only has Laserbeak but you speak of casettes. Are those sold separately? I've not gone back to ask for more info, probably going to do it when I get my next paycheck, but a clarification would be nice.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Hasbro version comes with Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Rumble and Frenzy.

Takara just comes with Laserbeak and the other four are sold in two-packs.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, here's someone's custom on that very idea:

Not bad, I guess. Doesn't TFCC only get to do an exclusive like this if Hasbro doesn't have plans to?

Thats amazing

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

no, but seriously, MP Ratbat

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

GD_American posted:

no, but seriously, MP Ratbat

Pack-in with MP Soundblaster, 180 dollars.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

404GoonNotFound posted:

I know I'll buy the Takara redeco that will be out in like 2 years.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

2 years? You underestimate Takara's love for black redecoing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

This is a guarantee. I know its coming, and yet, I'm completely okay with it. Also MP Blaster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

This is a guarantee. I know its coming, and yet, I'm completely okay with it. Also MP Blaster.

MP Blaster is going to be one fucker of a retool.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

MP Blaster is going to be one fucker of a retool.

Ya know with the size difference and weirdness with G1 Blaster vs. G1 Soundwave, I'll take just a straight repaint with a new head. Focus all that retooling energy on some awesome tapes though. MP Ramhorn, yes please.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

Ya know with the size difference and weirdness with G1 Blaster vs. G1 Soundwave, I'll take just a straight repaint with a new head. Focus all that retooling energy on some awesome tapes though. MP Ramhorn, yes please.

Rewind! To go with that Chromedome I won't be able to afford.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Wow, god thing i'm caught up with MTMTE now or those spoilers would've horrible.

Speaking of MTMTE, any guesses as to where this current story arc is going?

How ludicrous would it be to think that maybe Tailgate will be become the new Ultra Magnus?
I mean he was just recently taught the unabridged version of the Tyrest Accord...and maybe some kinda' techno miracle will happen to his spark causing it to be more powerful.

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I wish they had included Slugfest, Overkill, Beastbox, and Squawktalk with MP Soundwave. So that way the family would be complete.