Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
He'll never be able to truly love unconditionally again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I wish jingle trucks were a thing in the U.S.

Heisenburglar
Aug 23, 2012
Are you guys soldiers / former soldier or an internet investigation team who get a hard on from seeing a gun? I swear some of you have no loving life. Oh well...

These pictures are privately mine, and yes I did the blurring myself.

Some more pictures from that day:

Me on left:

These are just some I randomly found; I don't really have interest in posting any more but enjoy a quick peak at the IDF special forces training.

And all the haters can get the gently caress out...

Heisenburglar fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 20, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Chillax man, we're cool, post away. It's a forum of (mostly former) soldiers and sailors, and everyone recognizes the uniforms from all the pictures of hot IDF chicks

Reverse GIS just means you paste the pic in google and see what it spits out. If a dude stole the pic from another board or facebook or something it usually pops right up.

Heisenburglar
Aug 23, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

Chillax man, we're cool, post away. It's a forum of (mostly former) soldiers and sailors, and everyone recognizes the uniforms from all the pictures of hot IDF chicks

Reverse GIS just means you paste the pic in google and see what it spits out. If a dude stole the pic from another board or facebook or something it usually pops right up.
Got it. I'm chill; I'm sure you would be annoyed too if you were trying to contribute to a forum and everyone just calls you out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm free to speculate if I want to

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Heisenburglar posted:

Got it. I'm chill; I'm sure you would be annoyed too if you were trying to contribute to a forum and everyone just calls you out.

There's a reason it happens...almost every time it's been a lovely faker.

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
I guess this is a good enough time to ask as any other. There's gonna be a lotta words here so if I'm one of those posters you just kinda roll your eyes at, move on.

So what if he was posting pics that weren't of him? It's not like if I give him the benefit of the doubt online that if he's lying I'm going to be affected in any way. Oh no, I gave a person on the internet a chance to be honest and they lied, ugh now I don't look cool? Is that it? I've never understood it. This has always been a big sticking point with me. I believe a person should be given enough rope to hang themselves with, AKA trust someone until they prove otherwise. If I give someone the benefit of the doubt, and then it turns out that they were lying, I think it makes them look like the rear end in a top hat, not me for giving someone a chance to be honest.

If he were a person at my front door selling me "magazine subscriptions", or I was in a different web forum like GBS or Reddit or something, yeah it would be different. But this isn't a time or place where I'm going to lose money- or really anything- by going "huh well all right, that's kinda cool". If he keeps posting pictures like this and he was lying, eventually something will probably give and he'll be found out, at which time I think a rational response would be "drat man what a loving loser". But let's say that he was lying, posted lots of pics, and not discovered ever. He slips away, "getting away with it". What's the effect on me? I got to see a bunch of pictures of people with guns and my life hasn't changed one bit from it.

I guess I just don't see the logic behind "hey someone said/posted something online, they're lying by default". IMO if that's a person's initial reaction, I see that as a person who's allowed assholes to train them to have a negative conditioned response to everyone, and that just seems hosed up.

BTW pretty cool pics man

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

nullandvoid posted:

I guess this is a good enough time to ask as any other. There's gonna be a lotta words here so if I'm one of those posters you just kinda roll your eyes at, move on.

So what if he was posting pics that weren't of him? It's not like if I give him the benefit of the doubt online that if he's lying I'm going to be affected in any way. Oh no, I gave a person on the internet a chance to be honest and they lied, ugh now I don't look cool? Is that it? I've never understood it. This has always been a big sticking point with me. I believe a person should be given enough rope to hang themselves with, AKA trust someone until they prove otherwise. If I give someone the benefit of the doubt, and then it turns out that they were lying, I think it makes them look like the rear end in a top hat, not me for giving someone a chance to be honest.

If he were a person at my front door selling me "magazine subscriptions", or I was in a different web forum like GBS or Reddit or something, yeah it would be different. But this isn't a time or place where I'm going to lose money- or really anything- by going "huh well all right, that's kinda cool". If he keeps posting pictures like this and he was lying, eventually something will probably give and he'll be found out, at which time I think a rational response would be "drat man what a loving loser". But let's say that he was lying, posted lots of pics, and not discovered ever. He slips away, "getting away with it". What's the effect on me? I got to see a bunch of pictures of people with guns and my life hasn't changed one bit from it.

I guess I just don't see the logic behind "hey someone said/posted something online, they're lying by default". IMO if that's a person's initial reaction, I see that as a person who's allowed assholes to train them to have a negative conditioned response to everyone, and that just seems hosed up.

BTW pretty cool pics man

:spergin:

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Aw poo poo I talked about my feelings, never gonna live this down

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I just wanna see cool mil photos :ohdear:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

I just wanna see cool mil photos :ohdear:

I know it's been posted plenty before, but still one of my favorites

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Birdstrike?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

In that same vein of SF being dressed rather unconventionally:

Edit: It's that B1 that went down in Montana.
vvvvvvv

Thump! fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 20, 2013

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Bone crash?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dick Cheney/Al Gore/other robotic politician- sprung a leak?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Clearly that's a black-mold barracks monster on the verge of sentience. Mil as gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

Bone crash?

Winner. Although black mold gets an honorable mention.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Imagine if there were someone who said they were SF and weren't lying, and they posted on GiP... far out man.

onezero
Nov 20, 2003

veritas vos liberabit

Bonestrike.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

Rude. posted:

Imagine if there were someone who said they were SF and weren't lying, and they posted on GiP... far out man.

If SF posts on SA, I'm sure it'd be in GWS or PI.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Have there been any goons that enlisted as an 18x?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Mustang posted:

Have there been any goons that enlisted as an 18x?

iceslice

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Oh, for some reason I thought he was the guy that was a field artillery officer before making it into Special Forces. Guess that was someone else. Or I'm just crazy and there never was a FA officer goon that made it through SFAS and the Q course.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Pretty sure IDR did all of that stuff. And more.:allears:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Oxford Comma posted:

If SF posts on SA, I'm sure it'd be in GWS or PI.

Nah, they're all in FYAD.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
They're quiet professionals you dummies. They're already among us. Filling every hole.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
We have rangers. So at least some people from spec ops.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

8lbsofanalsex posted:

We have rangers. So at least some people from spec ops.

We're considering rangers spec ops?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

The 75th? Yes? Why wouldn't you? They're the most employed and highest operations tempo unit in USASOC.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Godholio posted:

They sure do.

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

Godholio posted:

Yes?

E:

wikipedia posted:

The 75th Ranger Regiment (Airborne), also known as Rangers, is a light infantry special operations force of the United States Army.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
This discussion is retarded.

So I'm going to post this lame rear end picture of the SecDef looking at stuff.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

JSARSOM posted:

This discussion is retarded.

So I'm going to post this lame rear end picture of the SecDef looking at stuff.

Those uniforms with the maroon berets look absolutely retarded together. Jesus Christ that looks awful.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Own selection course after airborne, were in Black Hawk Down, painted helmets, rampant alcoholism, not sure how they couldn't be considered spec ops.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

They are a part of SOCOM, aren't they?

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Yep. There actually are a lot of units under SOCOM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Special_Operations_Command

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_special_operations_forces

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The relevant image, linked for huge