Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Teddybear posted:

There is a new Kairosoft game, Dream House Days.

A link for the new page http://appshopper.com/games/dream-house-days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Thanks, I'm on my phone. My friend ID is 3220476503 so let's be slumlords together :h:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Punch Quest is kid of fun. My favorite part is the intro and then I just have to play a couple rounds.

Pocket Planes is not that fun. But why can't I stop playing it?

Chuck's Challenge, from the Chip's Challenge guy, is alright. It doesn't control great and crashes a lot but is otherwise fun and charming.

Kingdom Rush is not that fun to get into but maybe it's just not my thing.

Chillaxian is fun. It handles being an oldie shmup and touch controls well. See also Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

Noby Noby Boy is not very good at all!

Defend Your Castle is a simple and kind of fun classic. Multitouch is nice, but it's a game best played in one or two level spurts.

Puzzle and Dragons is really fun, especially when you start poopsocking it. Go ahead and play it normally though until you hit a difficulty wall and then read the entire OP for it.

Fishtropolis and Texttropolis are really fun and relaxed word search/puzzle games. Great to play with someone else.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 21, 2013

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Teddybear posted:

There is a new Kairosoft game, Dream House Days.

25 pieces of IAP which include the now standard $4.99 ad free version.

I'm so over the company.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Teddybear posted:

Thanks, I'm on my phone. My friend ID is 3220476503 so let's be slumlords together :h:

I'm 3220518185, add me too

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
My ID is 6220521258!

Edit: Come join me in Fawlty Towers!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 21, 2013

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE
I'm 6220631352. Hooray let's poo poo up the thread for pages while people suggest we make a new thread for the codes!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

My Dream House Days ID is 1220625918. Added the rest of you.

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Mine is 7220668097

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Wtf is it? The screenshots make it look like a freaky japanese love shack simulator.

Wait, that's what it is, isn't it.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Heran Bago posted:

Puzzle and Dragons is really fun, especially when you start poopsocking it. Go ahead and play it normally though until you hit a difficulty wall and then read the entire OP for it.

Is this the "Puzzle + Dragons" where you get a pokemon type monster, have to "battle" other monsters by manipulating purple, red, blue, or heart things on a grid to make 3,4 or 5 in a row to have your monsters attack?

Then you get more monsters in eggs, have your main monsters have "fusion" with the new ones to level up?

If so, what is a GOD level monster? I got a level 5 in the tutorial, then immediately got another level 5. Is that good?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

JDM3 posted:

If so, what is a GOD level monster? I got a level 5 in the tutorial, then immediately got another level 5. Is that good?

Some gods are better than others. Check your drops with the list in the OP
here and if it's in the Good Enough or better tier you can feasibly use it all the way through endgame. If not, it's recommended you redo the tutorial to reroll because eventually you'll hit a wall unless you wanna spend some real money or slowly grind for magic stones for more rolls.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Count me in as well! 5220513842 is my code!

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

1220664390 is my dream house days ID, going to spend a few hours dreaming of house days! I'm embarrassed by how excited I get by each new kairosoft game.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

HEY GUYSSSS

When placing floor items (carpet, etc) in Dream House Whatever, make sure you only select the room you want to carpet rather than the whole drat apartment, or you'll accidentally knock down interior walls and end up with a giant single room apartment. If you have four rooms and want cushion floors in each, you'll have to do each one separately.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bummey posted:

HEY GUYSSSS

When placing floor items (carpet, etc) in Dream House Whatever, make sure you only select the room you want to carpet rather than the whole drat apartment, or you'll accidentally knock down interior walls and end up with a giant single room apartment. If you have four rooms and want cushion floors in each, you'll have to do each one separately.

That you can't just build walls loving sucks. SUCKS!

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
I added a few for the love shack simulator, and my ID is 6220517898 if someone wants to fill my last few slots.

Also:

hadji murad posted:

25 pieces of IAP which include the now standard $4.99 ad free version.

I'm so over the company.

Kairosoft games were always $4.99 before, now they're free with ads or $4.99 if you want to remove the ads / keep the Kairosoft games churning out. I don't see why you're upset about the option to play completely for free? The rest of the IAP is industry-standard in-game currency bundles, and not even the $100 "Best Deal!" packages. I don't know what more you could expect.

edit: Also you get plenty of in-app currency without buying it, and I haven't found a way to actually make purchases yet besides the $5 I happily spent for ad-free landscape mode.

allsizesfitone fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 21, 2013

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
In Beastie Bay at least you could set up a structure and have your dudes literally farm for premium currency while you let the game idle. It's really not that bad.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You earn IAP currency by playing, but you're not given it until you exit the game and relaunch. Friend stuff works like that too.

I added a bunch of you fuckers, accept my friend requests.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

The Rokstar posted:

In Beastie Bay at least you could set up a structure and have your dudes literally farm for premium currency while you let the game idle. It's really not that bad.

How was Beastie Bay? It's pretty much the only Kairosoft game I haven't tried, and I liked basically all of them.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
I'm playing Kairohouse too. ID is 5221020637.

And yeah, previous Kairo IAP stuff has been rather reasonable, hoping this sticks to it. Looks interesting.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

goferchan posted:

Some gods are better than others. Check your drops with the list in the OP
here and if it's in the Good Enough or better tier you can feasibly use it all the way through endgame. If not, it's recommended you redo the tutorial to reroll because eventually you'll hit a wall unless you wanna spend some real money or slowly grind for magic stones for more rolls.

OK - I missed the OP, now that I've read it I'm in. Was pretty dubious about it all because they don't really teach you jack in the tutorial and I wondered what was going on and just kind of played by the seat of my pants.

Thanks for the direction -

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I played Capcom's new ftp game, Kanjou! Nationwide Rail Journey. Pocket Trains, eat your heart out.

Ah, a local train trundles through the pleasant countryside. A most idyllic scene.

Tutorial lady wants me to choose a starter train. I get to choose between these three beauties! (btw what the hell does N+ mean, lady??) First, there's the Super Hokuto KiHa 183 series limited express that runs between Sapporo and Hakodate. It reaches a top speed of 135 km/h! Then there's the Super Azusa E351 series, a limited express that won the Good Design award. What's so good about its design? No idea. Mmm... and finally we have the Trans-Kyushu KiHa 185 series limited express that goes from somewhere to somewhere. I chose the Super Hokuto because it's Super, and speed always beats design. Kiiiihaaaa.

Ok so our first assignment is to take the train on the Nozomi route from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo. Wait, that's a Shinkansen route. We're in a dinky 135 km/h train here, lady. Are you okay with this? Apparently so.

OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING. So we have travel points in green, which I guess we use up as we move along the route? And at every interval there's a dice roll and something or nothing can happen. If nothing happens, I just tap and the train continues, if something happens a notice shows up and tells me what I just got. A 311 A series train dropped for me! Yay! But are those three cards at the bottom stuff that can only drop on this route? Tutorial lady doesn't explain. Instead, she rapidly moves on to tell me how to level up my trains.

"Level up your train by throwing your poo poo trains in there," she said. So I did. Such is the fate of all N trains.

Besides trains dropping, you can also frequently get challenged by Railmasters during your journey, because everyone just gets super aggressive when trapped in a carriage I guess. You then have to fight them using the train cards in your deck, and with the RailF points (orange) that you have. If you win, you take their items and money! If you lose? You just lose whatever RailF points you invested in the fight or something. I don't know. I don't even know how the fight works. Do we both attack at the same time? How do I see my opponent's attack power? Who knows? All I know is that this is a tutorial, and you can't lose in a tutorial.

I reached Tokyo and finished the route and the tutorial! I got stuff! And a stamp! Mainly the stamp.

This being a Japanese ftp game, there has to be a pull machine of some sort. But in this game, you insert your gacha tickets, then tap the card reader to pull. Don't you normally do just one of those things? Oh well. At least my deck now consists of five N+ trains. Still no idea at all how to level them up. Do limited express trains level up better when fed other limited express trains? Should I feed striped trains to striped trains? Yellow trains to yellow trains? No clue!

All I know is that people will fight you on trains. And I will fight them with trains. Because this is a game about trains.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Beastie Bay was an interesting amalgam of house/item positioning and a Pokemon battle type game. I enjoyed it, and it's worth a try, as its free to play.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

What do you get, really, from this friend code poo poo? I rarely bother with ~*SOCIAL ELEMENTS*~ in games.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

That train game looks pretty dope. Feedin your trains to your good train, battlin with trains somehow. I feel kinda bad for tutorial girl who got her hand stuck to her forehead but trains are rough.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I added everyone from lags down.

My friend code is 9221032990. ADD ME NERDS.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, my code is 7221038078, added a few of you. If I can't have Grizzly Bearington and Chimpan Z and the mask guy as residents I will be sad.

There's a Kairosoft games thread somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

edit: here it is. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3533605

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 21, 2013

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Bummey posted:

What do you get, really, from this friend code poo poo? I rarely bother with ~*SOCIAL ELEMENTS*~ in games.

You get additional scratch cards for every 40 minutes your friends play, and a first time friend adding bonus.

The scratch cards don't seem to come that fast at the moment, so any additional card is good!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oceanbound posted:

I played Capcom's new ftp game, Kanjou! Nationwide Rail Journey. Pocket Trains, eat your heart out.

I saw Pacific Rim a couple of nights back, and totally read this as Kaiju Nationwide Rail Journey.

Now I want an ipad game were you run a struggling railway company trying to maintain profit margins in the face of public indifference, rising costs and devastating sea monster incursions.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Now I want an iPad game where you run a struggling giant monster trying to maintain profit margins in the face of public indifference, rising costs and devastating railway company incursions.

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
Pocket Kaiju

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Oceanbound posted:

WORDS ABOUT CRAZY STUFF

I have no idea what happened there. I'm confused and a little scared of trains now.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Recycle Bin posted:

Pocket Kaiju

Eh. I don't know. Can I eat trains?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Shalinor posted:

You hit robots with a train, using it like nunchucks.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

SquadronROE posted:

You hit robots with a train, using it like nunchucks.

Can you jump rope with trains? Or knit a nice sweater with trains? These are very important issues at hand.

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

Shalinor posted:

It will take 8m

Or you could topple Tokyo Tower for Kaiju Bux

JonnyRevolta
Dec 21, 2010
Added a pile of you but most of you are too popular already. ID number is 1221351906, can't wait to build my Malibu Stacey Dream House.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Playing the Dream House Days, add me if you like, 6221359165

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE
Sky Gambles: Storm Raiders just went free for the first time ever. I've never played it before but most of my appshopper wishlist items are from here so apparently some goon thinks it's good?

• Locked thread