Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

you see this fairly frequently on stock trucks in Australia. Except the dogs are actually in a loving kennel with a locked door thats actually attached to the chassis of the trailer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Holdbrooks posted:

Yes but I think they might be going for pink panther perhaps.

Yeah, I got that. But the car is purple. The 'panther platform' thing was a failed joke. I apologize. :hurr:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ulfhednar posted:

I was nearly rear-ended turning onto a road named N. Bacon Rd. trying to take a shortcut to a nearby airport, and it only went about 150ft before you come across this:

Holy poo poo, you are right near me. I always wondered what the deal was with Bacon Road. Sidenote: local cop shop is on Bacon Road. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.327054,+-88.101116&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&z=17&iwloc=A

Edit: Also, that Challenger's color is "Panther Pink"

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
It actually furious fuchsia :goonsay:, but it is a throw back go the panther pink 70's ones. I want one of the new 2013 ones in plum crazy pearl coat, just not enough to drop $52,000 on a srt-8.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 22, 2013

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ oh you're right, I just assumed since it was a cell phone pic the color was off enough it might have been plum crazy.

Kill-9 posted:

Yeah, I got that. But the car is purple.

It's Plum Crazy!

I do wish they offered those cool colors on the cheaper models just so I'd get to see them more often though.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

davebo posted:

Edit: ^^ oh you're right, I just assumed since it was a cell phone pic the color was off enough it might have been plum crazy.

It's Plum Crazy!

I do wish they offered those cool colors on the cheaper models just so I'd get to see them more often though.

Don't let the colorblind guy try to figure out colors. :)

Apparently the '70-71 models actually had a 'Panther Pink' color. The more you know.

Shop around the corner from me had a 1970 Plum Crazy Challenger in a few weeks ago. I almost was tempted to offer my T-Bird as a down payment. Luckily(?) my wife was there to talk me out of it.

edit: http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/High%20Impact%20Colors.htm

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DropShadow posted:

I always feel a little bad for the people that drive these (and RedBull cars, etc.) for a living. You know it's not something they ever thought they'd be doing and just want to die.

If I had to take a minimum wage job, I'd rather drive to colleges and give away free energy drinks than work at a McDonalds.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Holdbrooks posted:

It actually furious fuchsia :goonsay:, but it is a throw back go the panther pink 70's ones. I want one of the new 2013 ones in plum crazy pearl coat, just not enough to drop $52,000 on a srt-8.

Well done sir. I bow to your color sperginess.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
G35s always need 30" wheels

Sorry for the tilt. I was trying to be inconspicuous.

LTBS fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 22, 2013

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Well done sir. I bow to your color sperginess.

I prefer the street name for Plum Crazy: Statutory Grape.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

DropShadow posted:

I always feel a little bad for the people that drive these (and RedBull cars, etc.) for a living. You know it's not something they ever thought they'd be doing and just want to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD5W_tibJYg

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Serperoth posted:

Pretty much what veedub said I think. All the Red Bull people I've seen handing cans at my university have been hot girls, and it seems like a very low-stress thing, considering that most uni students like free stuff and Red Bull, making free Red Bull a very easy "sell". Raises brand presence, they make money, uni students get free Red Bull. The Minis they use don't even look particularly ugly.

Minis? Those poor college girls are getting ripped off. Around here, they drive these:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This lives down the street from me as an advertising car for a local French-Caribbean restaurant. The owner drives it around pretty often.

Its cool.

E: These are in the wrong thread.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 23, 2013

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

There is nothing terrible about either of those photos except for the fact that the vehicles in question are not driving over giant sand dunes, rocks, or Priuses.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I heard an ad for the GMC Acadia describe it as a "Professional-Grade Crossover."
Does that mean Moms can buy one only after their sons sign with someone like FC Dallas?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Minis? Those poor college girls are getting ripped off. Around here, they drive these:

:stare::fh:

This. Someone identify this for me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Gorilla Salad posted:

Chinatown posted:

This lives down the street from me as an advertising car for a local French-Caribbean restaurant. The owner drives it around pretty often.

Its cool.

E: These are in the wrong thread.

:stare:

I would drive that to the ends of the earth and beyond>

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Sugga#PV831-834

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I want to marrymeet the college girl that drives one of those things, Red Bull stickers or not.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

If you've got archives:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440111

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Volvo? Huh, I was thinking it was some Soviet iron, but the styling wasn't quite 5-Year Proletariat enough. Thanks!

Not on this account, but when I get home... also thanks!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No photo since it was dark... but saw the remnants of what had been a very clean E30 convertible (been seeing it driving around my area for a few years now) that had the front end obliterated in a crash in an intersection. Given that I drove by the scene before cops had even arrived and it was the only car there, I suspect someone else turned left in front of it and then ran.

It will now be a very clean parts car. :smith:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm with DV on this, except swap the crossed out word for the not crossed out one.

e: I'm assuming by the fact that they use Volvo Suggas that this is in Sweden, so that goes double.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

kastein posted:

I'm with DV on this, except swap the crossed out word for the not crossed out one.

e: I'm assuming by the fact that they use Volvo Suggas that this is in Sweden, so that goes double.

They run a couple of them in Denmark, too, as do a couple of other companies.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

So do I get to be scene now?

(I don't know. I found it and I was curious OK, just leave me alone)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Our local MB dealership has a fleet of VW Routan courtesy vans with the VWs emblems replaced with Mercedes stars.

And I just saw a New Beetle with an actual front grille. Like not the under the bumper inlet grille, but an actual chrome grill surrounding the VW emblem, parallel to the headlights. Yeesh.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Holdbrooks posted:

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure they actually brought Panther Pink back on the new Challenger for a year or two.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

kastein posted:

Nope, Australia. Came as a big surprise to see them all the way over here being used for Red Bull promos. They used to have little utes with a golf tournament cheque-sized Red Bull can in the back. Now it's all sexy old Vovos.

EDIT - I just found out from a workmate that Red Bull is actually a bit naughty. Only a very few are actually Suggos. The majority are modified Land Rover Pumas. I had noticed there were differences between the cars, but had never been close enough to get a good look before.

Not a Volvo:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 24, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo I had no idea the SRT-8 could cost $52K. Looks like they start at 46 and change msrp but drat.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Goober Peas posted:

Our local MB dealership has a fleet of VW Routan courtesy vans with the VWs emblems replaced with Mercedes stars.

And I just saw a New Beetle with an actual front grille. Like not the under the bumper inlet grille, but an actual chrome grill surrounding the VW emblem, parallel to the headlights. Yeesh.

Well the Routan is just a rebadged Chrysler from the era Mercedes was ruining them, so its not that far off.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

One of my coworkers from a few years back drove a Red Bull X-90 around to local events. He made the absolute minimum wage but got all the Red Bull he wanted. He always had at least 30 cans in his fridge. It was an absolute poo poo job but one day he rolls up in a lifted black & green Avalanche, hops out, smiles and says "I got promoted to Monster."
So I guess those small lovely cars are entry level.

Promoted to a different company entirely?

Have a Saturn:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryhampster posted:

Maybe the promo cars are run by an agency of some kind who do lots of different brands.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

angryhampster posted:

Have a Saturn:

I'll bet that's a SC1/SOHC with cloth seats and an automatic. I'll call that a mercy killing.

This is a proper Saturn coup:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Found this godawful BMW E39 randomly:

Terrible front, terrible bumper and bodykit, terrible wheels. Argh.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kill-9 posted:

Saw this driving into work yesterday. Possibly the only acceptable use for the pink Texas plates I suppose.

For those too lazy to click through to bigger, the plate reads 'PANTHR'. I thought the Panther platform was a completely different car/manufacturer.

It's a throwback to the old Chrysler color Panther Pink, called Furious Fuchsia. They made like 3,000 R/T's and 1,000 SRT8's in that color, and it's decidedly awesome.

e- read thread before post dumb

Q_res posted:

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure they actually brought Panther Pink back on the new Challenger for a year or two.

Nope. Though oddly my Mopar accessories mirror advertisement that was hanging in my truck displays a Panther Pink Daytona Ram. I like mine in Go ManGo!, but holy gently caress would I have bought the poo poo out of a Panther Pink version.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 24, 2013

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
How the hell did she fail to react at all to the bike moving.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

FatCow posted:

How the hell did she fail to react at all to the bike moving.

Probably drunk.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Weird looking Fiero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Not pictured the stickers on the back.

I saw this and wondered why the hell anyone would buy this. I also don't get what makes it is a MW3 version as the interior just has this dumb logo on the seats.

The compact Porsche Panomera Turbo.