Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
A. Say what mother wants us to, and then...

J. Play the flute! This is a way better way to pay tribute to a King than just saying he did stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sure, why not?

+

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
J. Play that flute. Play it hard.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A and J
All he said is true, and in gratitude, I shall play him the song of my people!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+
Let's affirm Tudiya's claim, and then say you feel compelled by the sky god to play THE BEST SONG IN THE WORLD.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jvgbe9Kx0U

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Oh hell yes. J all the way.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Jumping on the and bandwagon

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
B then J.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
We have to praise the mighty heroes, especially old man mr greybeard AND in honour of the king our saviour, we shall play a solemn ballad on our flute.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A-J-K

”we do not know big words for honor King who saved us or to praise El. This song to honor the King and to praise El!"

Then attempt to play the song of our being rescued by Tudiya and see what happens. Put the story as Tudiya told it in music. Say 'Praise El' and bow to Tudiya when the song is finished.

Have we tried dancing in the sandals?

PandaPropaganda
Apr 22, 2008
and . I like the idea of Enkidel being kind of overwhelmed by what is going, and confused about why Tudiya is lying so he just sorta stutters out the first thing he thinks of then starts playing his flute.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

jng2058 posted:

Sure, why not?

+

Joining the bandwagon.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting K: "Tudiya and Ishamal are GREAT men. They and their Mighty Men saved my mother after she gave them the pearls they threw to you. I spent lots of time gathering them as a gift, and I am happy they have made you all happy! Tudiya is very funny, too. I'm still not sure what to think about him killing my fa... the man I thought was my father, but Shushem was mean enough to be an army of cannibal demons! He threw lightning at Tudiya, and Tudiya even fought some dragons later. I don't know if he killed them, but he sure was able to tear them apart! Um... I hope you all are as nice as Tudiya, Ishamal, Danal, and the others; and hopefully we can all be good friends!"

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Jumping on the and bandwagon

Yep
We can say that the song is a gift to the king for saving us.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

jng2058 posted:

Sure, why not?

+

Tell them how awesome the king is and then play that funky music white boy!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Sogol posted:

A-J-K

”we do not know big words for honor King who saved us or to praise El. This song to honor the King and to praise El!"

This has my vote. Maybe the flute has some additional effects if played in front of an audience, and there's only one way to find out. Hopefully the Zepathians won't consider our sudden musical giftedness a form of witchcraft.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I was thinking it might induce a mass vision. Or maybe we are the Pied Piper and don't now it. Hopefully is allows us to be seen as 'civilized' rather than burnt as a witch. Better than being sent off to the fishing village I am thinking.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Voting to play that flute.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh god this is an awkward and uncomfortable situation better deal with it THROUGH THE POWER OF MUSICC J PLAY THE FLUTE

And know we get our evidence that heroes come with flaws.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Sogol posted:

A-J-K

Then attempt to play the song of our being rescued by Tudiya and see what happens. Put the story as Tudiya told it in music. Say 'Praise El' and bow to Tudiya when the song is finished.

These guys are using stories to make themselves look better, so we can cheat and use our magic flute.

vv: Yeah, it's probably going to make trouble, but eh, let's shake things up.

Also, if we get grilled over the whole thing just reply with "Well, I thought you guys were cool with lying about what you've done. Anyway, where I come from it's not cool to boast about every little thing you do. I can understand if you're insecure about yourself and need the validation of others, but I've got a sweetass whistle. Toot toot".

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 23, 2013

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Sogol posted:

A-J-K

This is probably a TERRIBLE idea, but gently caress it, let's see how the flute goes down.

Edit: That is to say, voting A - J - K

Tomn fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 23, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
J gently caress you Tudiya its our time to shine

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
These guys are Lying lyers who lie :colbert:

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Is anyone else sad we left behind a lot of totally sweet magical treasure?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
K: Stand up and declare that Asherah shall have his vengeance upon all the population, for slaying his holy priest and ripping us from his bosom.

Kidding don't listen to that.

Eh, A+J I guess. I'm interested in J, but to be honest I don't really think it's appropriate. But hell, whatever, everyone else is going for it, should be interesting. I don't really want A, but it makes sense, we'd have to be pretty dumb not to see what's going on here, and there's no real need to antagonize everyone. I don't think being super up-front and honest has been in our character so far anyway.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Disargeria posted:

Is anyone else sad we left behind a lot of totally sweet magical treasure?

We have sandals that let us walk without getting tired and a magic flute that allows us to create masterpieces. If this fails and we get kicked out, at least we can become a traveling bard.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
j

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

and

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

C + J, Dude deserves some credit for saving us a second time from that crazy man-eating whale. We got to make a stand and show the crowd we're not some uncultured cannibal though! We can win hearts with that flute, and maybe some clothes.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Praise El, Tudiya and co without explicitly endorsing the truth of their stories + J

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We have sandals that let us walk without getting tired and a magic flute that allows us to create masterpieces. If this fails and we get kicked out, at least we can become a traveling bard.

Unless, of course, it turns out that the flute is cursed somehow and playing it in a city of El leads to horrible disaster or a Pied Piper scenario or something.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I would very much like to update tonight but I want to give people a little more time to are that we are back on pace, so we will probably update tomorrow at some point.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Tomn posted:

Unless, of course, it turns out that the flute is cursed somehow and playing it in a city of El leads to horrible disaster or a Pied Piper scenario or something.

The flute is a tool of religious conversion. Diogines will carefully examine the post history of everyone involved in this thread to determine Enkidel's theological makeup, then map that onto the crowd. The sizable number of Asherah worshipers will realize, to their horror, that they must continue the sacrifices to keep everyone safe.

The first Zepathian Civil War will begin with the playing of a flute.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+ Lay down the beats of our people.

Absum
May 28, 2013

A + E, if that's not possible, and I don't think it is, then just A.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A Darker Porpoise posted:

+ Lay down the beats of our people.

This

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Ladies and gentlemen, my poor grasp of your language is insufficient to do justice to our epic journey. So I shall tell you the story through the universal language of music." Play dat flute.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
T-they.. They gave away our mom's pearls..

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
J Nothing bad ever came from a musical performance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Vagon posted:

T-they.. They gave away our mom's pearls..

No, that was all Enkidel. Left it as an exchange for the magic flute.