Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
It's really looking like the murderer is either Sigma or Phi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dio's not dead, right guys? He's just sleeping standing up, leaning against the wall, holding a spear against his side. He's fine. It's fine. :ohdear:

K just took a bath in tomato sauce and lay down under an axe.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

016, what a mystery that it, maybe it's upside down and the killer is a man names Oip!

Really though, how did Sigma and Phi not immediately decipher that?

Speaking of obvious things, an axe was used to kill someone! I wonder who people will accuse?

The Walrus posted:

As ridiculous as it would be for Quark to be the murderer, he's probably alive and (last time we saw him) a bit crazy, I wouldn't rule him out just yet.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 25, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Walrus posted:

But Sigma and Phi were together the whole time ever since they left the puzzle room. How would one of them manage to kill K and Dio without the other noticing?

For that matter, I doubt Sigma would be able to kill them without the readers being aware of it.

Penakoto posted:

Speaking of obvious things, an axe was used to kill someone! I wonder who people will accuse?

Clover would be so pissed about someone stealing her shtick if she was still alive to complain about it. :smith:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Everyone is dead or has an alibi except Quark.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
I've got it!

We've got another pair of suicides, clearly :downs:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But Sigma and Phi were together the whole time ever since they left the puzzle room. How would one of them manage to kill K and Dio without the other noticing?

For that matter, I doubt Sigma would be able to kill them without the readers being aware of it.

Well, there was always when Sigma fainted after looking at the security footage. And that's when he killed them.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Man what the gently caress we're dropping like flies.

So either Quark made a break for it and hopped right back through the door after (and developed superpowers at some point because ain't no way a skinny kid like that's putting an axe through a big man in full armor without something weird being afoot), Luna faked her death with medical compounds, or someone activated Cockneybot and set him to murder mode.

Sigma is a much more likeable protagonist than Junpei.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The best part of this thread isn't the video game, it's the people's reactions and their conclusions.

Have to admit, though, this is kind of a jaw-dropper. The murder suspects are dropping like flies.

Also: Phi is being oddly insistent on Quark not being dead. She's usually such a grump and a pessimist. I suppose dead kids are a sore spot for her?

Xernoia
May 4, 2013
Welp. Given that cliffhanger, I'm going to assume either Quark is the robot and is capable of using an axe/lance well enough to get through K's armor and impale Dio to the wall or that some kind of..... Double K.O. happened.

Assuming the latter, I'm not sure if its impossible or not for Dio to have hit K in the back after being impaled on the wall or not. Well, it is a video game with super jumping and stuff so I guess that it's not too out there for someone impaled to be able to swing an axe into their killers back when they turned to leave. On the other hand, it could also be that Dio attacked K first and the armor managed to make it so it didn't kill him and that strikes me as a tad more likely.

The only reason I can think of for why is that one of them figured out who the killer was, and either attacked them or was attacked by them. Although it could be that they only thought they figured it out and it turns out it really was Quark all along, or maybe Phi since some people have pointed out she could have left the security room while Sigma was unconscious. I'm not sure if one of them would be the robot or not, since neither of those injuries seem like they should be fatal to a robot. Maybe Dio's, if there was some kind of powersource in that region.

Or there might even be multiple killers at this point. It'd be kind of interesting if each set of deaths was by someone else, like the Old Woman was one person and then Alice was killed by someone else and then Clover probably killed Luna and since it's pretty likely that Dio took the knife it might be that Dio is the one who killed Tenmyouji and Clover. Or at least at some point cut Tenmyouji's hand up like that. Would be kind of a fresh spin after 999's Ace/Clover Murderfest Endings if that was the case.

Xernoia fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 25, 2013

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Accursed Walrus posted:

I've got it!

We've got another pair of suicides, clearly :downs:

A robot (or cyborg), committing suicide with a battle axe, sounds like a heavy metal album cover scene.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Finally, I get to pull some posts out of my bookmark folder of ironic things that people have said about VLR!

evilspacehopper posted:

Well at least Dio and K are still alive, four out of nine isn't a complete disaster.

It sure wouldn't have been. Shame about that whole reality thing getting in the way.

whitehelm posted:

I assume K's armor can protect against axe strikes.

Nice assumption. I don't think it's quite right.

This has been your first post from the "VLR Irony Files" department. Thanks for predicting so unfortunately, everyone... keep it up!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Nidoking posted:

Finally, I get to pull some posts out of my bookmark folder of ironic things that people have said about VLR!

Oh, hey, you're actually doing that? I approve of this development.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Obviously that's a battle-ready medieval battleaxe and not a cheap replica made of movie steel. I think a fake battleaxe wouldn't do so well against power armor.

Xernoia
May 4, 2013

Penakoto posted:

A robot (or cyborg), committing suicide with a battle axe, sounds like a heavy metal album cover scene.

This makes me picture Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse looking at said album cover scene and just mumbling "Brutal." :D

Bachus
May 31, 2011
drat you, Fedule! This is going to drive me to get a 3DS and this game or something. Argh!

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
This reminds me of the Anthology of Interest episode where Leela is murdering the Planet Express crew and anyone Zoidberg suspects is the murderer ends up dead.

What I'm saying is we're Zoidberg.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Six little players, looking for a door;
Two didn't make it in, now there's only four.

Four little players, looking for a clue;
They found a spear and axe, think that will do?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Fedule :argh:

Do we have a timeframe for how long Sigma was passed out? If we don't, I'm willing to bet the killer is Phi.

e: the Nine Little Players rhyme so far, courtesy of myself and Stabbey_The_Clown:

Nine little players, they think they are set;
One disappears, and makes them all fret.

Eight little players, going to town;
The next one gets stabbed and simply falls down.

Seven little players, hoping they'll be found;
Poor player found dead when no one's around.

Six little players, looking for a door;
Two didn't make it in, now there's only four.

Four little players, looking for a clue;
They found a spear and axe, think that will do?

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?

Bachus posted:

drat you, Fedule! This is going to drive me to get a 3DS and this game or something. Argh!

It's 100% worth it. Trust me when I say you wanna play this game. Plus there's all kinds of other good stuff on the 3DS now.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Bachus posted:

Why are you angry that Fedule is performing good deeds :confused:

Besides, if Fedule's going to stop updates at every big reveal and cliffhanger, this LP might finish in the year 2015. You should buy the game if you can't wait!

Bachus
May 31, 2011

EdgeryWorthy posted:

It's 100% worth it. Trust me when I say you wanna play this game. Plus there's all kinds of other good stuff on the 3DS now.

Heavy neutrino posted:

Why are you angry that Fedule is performing good deeds :confused:

Besides, if Fedule's going to stop updates at every big reveal and cliffhanger, this LP might finish in the year 2015. You should buy the game if you can't wait!

Tiny screens and I do not get along well. We need a 3DS XXL. :(

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bachus posted:

Tiny screens and I do not get along well. We need a 3DS XXL. :(

Then get the Vita version!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm fully expecting a corpse of Quark ending the next update.

And then one more in the update after that: Sigma's :v:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Fedule posted:

Oh, hey, you're actually doing that? I approve of this development.

The second one I quoted was actually the catalyst for the project - I thought anything THAT ironic needed to be preserved for posterity. It was actually only a few days ago that I finally put them in a folder and renamed the bookmarks for quick reference, because this moment was coming so soon.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
So all we've got left is Phi, Sigma and very, very maybe Quark. At this point does it even matter who the robot is? Was Golem lying?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bachus posted:

This LP drove me to get the game for 3DS. It took a week because I had to have it shipped to my Gamestop from like miles away and then my 3DS stopped working literally the same day I got it and I've just now gotten it fixed (still waiting on it to get here).

Basically the universe doesn't want me to play this game ahead of the LP. :arghfist::saddowns:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 25, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pidmon posted:

So all we've got left is Phi, Sigma and very, very maybe Quark. At this point does it even matter who the robot is? Was Golem lying?

We have four characters who haven't bled yet. Five, if we assume that the blood on K is actually his (her?) own.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
Might have missed someone saying this but.. Is it just me or does it seem more likely that K did it now? I mean, for one, Luna had the key to his suit. He could have discovered that when examining her body or whatever. Secondly, we've never seen K out of his suit, so we only know him BY his suit. For all we know that could just be an empty suit of armor with blood tossed on and an axe in it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Ahaha, I'd forgotten how good this route is. Seems like a great choice to start with.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
This is more confusing than the submarine ending in 999. I guess theoretically it could be Quark or Phi, or K isn't actually dead, but still, what in the hell.
I guess I would say I suspect Quark is the killer, and is also a robot? As absurd as that sounds.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

unfair posted:

Also it makes me suspicious when games present you with things like "016" - I have to assume it's either "dio" mirrored, or "910" upside down.

It's actually qi0 - "Quark is Zero".

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
qi0 is actually Clover's biggest regret - she's a hardcore scrabble player and thinks that Qi shouldn't count as a word.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

This reminds me of the Anthology of Interest episode where Leela is murdering the Planet Express crew and anyone Zoidberg suspects is the murderer ends up dead.

What I'm saying is we're Zoidberg.

Maybe they're just playing some murder succession game.

Luna kills Old Woman and Alice
Clover kills Luna
Dio kills Clover and Tenmyouji
Phi kills Dio and K
Sigma kils Phi and wins!

Obviously Quark is allowed to exit the game because it's past his bedtime.

Xernoia
May 4, 2013

DeliciousCookie posted:

Might have missed someone saying this but.. Is it just me or does it seem more likely that K did it now? I mean, for one, Luna had the key to his suit. He could have discovered that when examining her body or whatever. Secondly, we've never seen K out of his suit, so we only know him BY his suit. For all we know that could just be an empty suit of armor with blood tossed on and an axe in it.

Oooh, that's a very good point. So that's also on the list of potentials! Or maybe there is someone in the suit, but it isn't K. Plus, if Sigma and Phi get the suit off when they check his body, or at least the helmet, it won't particularly mean anything because we don't know if whoever is in there was always in there or not. I'm not sure how specified to K's build that suit is though, so it probably wouldn't fit right on most of the characters we've seen? Could probably stash a body in it easily enough though, for playing dead purposes, I guess.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You guys seriously picked the best path to start with, holy crap. :allears:

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

OK, why is Zero III hiding behind the pool table there? Did I miss something?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pyradox posted:

We didn't do this room in this path, so we didn't get to find out what that is.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Oh come on Zero games, after the '9' is 'q' incident last time I'm onto your bullshit, you know drat well that says 'dio'. :colbert:

edit: okay yeah probably wouldn't have bothered to post that if I'd realized this last page existed

Zoe fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pyradox posted:

I see a steering wheel. It looks like one of those kiddy rides outside of a bowling alley that you can waste a buck on.

• Locked thread