Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It says Kinect? If so, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

It says Kinect? If so, awesome.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Aww ...nope! Still awesome. :haw:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Now I wish we had a ring of identical moons.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

The solution seems simple. Import the predators that it has in Southeast Asia.

The main thing that keeps it in check in its native habitats apparently is the winter frost. Not gonna happen in Georgia.

I read a study somewhere suggesting that herds of goats do a great job of eating it, though. You'd need about 10,000 goats distributed across the entire southeast to keep it in check, and maybe twice that many to start making a serious dent in its range.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jerusalem posted:

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan

What, no decapitated head-cam?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

The main thing that keeps it in check in its native habitats apparently is the winter frost. Not gonna happen in Georgia.

I read a study somewhere suggesting that herds of goats do a great job of eating it, though. You'd need about 10,000 goats distributed across the entire southeast to keep it in check, and maybe twice that many to start making a serious dent in its range.

Fewer goats than that turned lush forest into the Sahara desert so that would make sense.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Fewer goats than that turned lush forest into the Sahara desert so that would make sense.

Well, it is Georgia, so we'll probably want a few more just so we get the desired outcome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hockles posted:

What, no decapitated head-cam?

I had to pick five terrible things from a terrible movie, while avoiding as much nudity and gore as possible! :)

I watched all 10 of these movies recently (and then the remake) because I somehow got it into my head to do so and holy crap with the exception of the original (which doesn't even have Jason in it!) they are so, so terrible! I skipped Freddy vs Jason because it seemed so silly but after watching Jason in Space I don't think this is a comment that really holds up anymore.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerusalem posted:

A spectacular piece of utter garbage, only surpassed by Friday the 13th Part 10: Jason in Space :allears:

It's called Jason X and it is glorious. :colbert:

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

It's that time again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ruttivendolo posted:

First one is just Torres being Torres.

Hey hockey has jerk named Torres too (maybe my favourite active player). He gets suspended all the time for actually hitting people way too hard.

In white

The one with googly eyes

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Read Snigfut posted:

It's that time again.

Jesus Christ. Where did you get this?

I feel like this image initiates some sort of as-yet-undescribed mental disorder, like nails on a chalkboard or how some people see lotus seed pods and get spinal shivers. This is an animated gif of what the hackers in Snow Crash saw just before death.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Noni posted:

Jesus Christ. Where did you get this?

I feel like this image initiates some sort of as-yet-undescribed mental disorder, like nails on a chalkboard or how some people see lotus seed pods and get spinal shivers. This is an animated gif of what the hackers in Snow Crash saw just before death.

Cyriak. All his videos are like this and they're all great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's called Jason X and it is glorious. :colbert:

Haha, that scene made me wonder if I was just completely missing the point and that the filmmakers were in on the joke that the franchise had become.

"LET'S HAVE PRE-MARITAL SEX!"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I had to pick five terrible things from a terrible movie, while avoiding as much nudity and gore as possible! :)

I watched all 10 of these movies recently (and then the remake) because I somehow got it into my head to do so and holy crap with the exception of the original (which doesn't even have Jason in it!) they are so, so terrible! I skipped Freddy vs Jason because it seemed so silly but after watching Jason in Space I don't think this is a comment that really holds up anymore.

And they're all still better than Minuet in Hell.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Jerusalem posted:

Haha, that scene made me wonder if I was just completely missing the point and that the filmmakers were in on the joke that the franchise had become.

"LET'S HAVE PRE-MARITAL SEX!"

They were entirely in on the joke in that movie, though that scene is the best laugh in the whole thing.

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
Poltergeist 2

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Do other common pets fall to this? Ferrets, parrots, snakes?

toanoradian has a new favorite as of 12:37 on Aug 26, 2013

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

I'm probably wasting time right now.

toanoradian posted:

I saw a penguin chase one around for 5 minutes at the zoo a couple of weeks ago.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

toanoradian posted:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
The world's pokemon Master is pretty drat smug.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

nerdz posted:

The world's pokemon Master is pretty drat smug.

Awfully smug for a glorified rock-paper-scissors game.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Holy poo poo that is terrifying

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TontoCorazon posted:

Awfully smug for a glorified rock-paper-scissors game.

It used to be that simple, and I could play with my cousin and we could battle each other and it'd be alright

But now there's so many little things that are also a part of pokemon choice that he can put together a team of monsters that loving destroy anything I put together, even if they're all stupid looking and not even evolved. I just wanted to fight his log-throwing monkey with my fire-kicking chicken :smith:

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Which corps is that?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Senor Candle posted:

Which corps is that?

I think it's the Illuminati.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Look, quicksand! Lets go walk on it.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Jerusalem posted:

You're missing out. FvJ is good times. It's silly but it knows it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Senor Candle posted:

Which corps is that?

I know nothing about this, but apparently Carolina Crowns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjadtT78NsY
@ ~11:18

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

That's the best soccer cheer I've ever seen :v:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

That's the best soccer cheer I've ever seen :v:

If I recall, her ankle snapped in half the second she tried to jump.

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
From "We own the night"

Me on a wednesday when I had to gas up the car and didn't know of a weekend long strike.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

kedo posted:

Look, quicksand! Lets go walk on it.

Quicksand is basically a non-Newtonian fluid isn't it? You won't actually sink as long as you keep moving over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I don't know about quicksand, and I imagine that there's actually quite a few different kinds with varying properties depending on composition, but whatever that is is certainly behaving like a mixture of cornstarch and water, one of the classic non-Newtonian fluids.

• Locked thread