Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Gosh, I can't tell if this airplane is meant to be female or not. If only Disney had put some boobs on it!
Sorry, but I'm imagining that plane with a sassy gay lisp :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I checked few pictures I had posted previously of Railrunner. Yep, he has that crack goddamn it. So unless he's going to be pregnant I think we can rule out pregnancy for the cause of the crack/line.

Also:

This is what people were having difficulties with. Figuring out the genders of roller coasters from images like that.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
Why do they have to look so loving smug all the time? Looking at them makes me irrationally angry.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Iced Cocoa posted:

Also:

This is what people were having difficulties with. Figuring out the genders of roller coasters from images like that.

Love the cars levitating behind Railrunner. This is the best she can do: either the cars lazily float in the middle diistance or they don't exist at all.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Fatal Error posted:

Why do they have to look so loving smug all the time? Looking at them makes me irrationally angry.

"Smug" is what happens when the eyes don't match the mouth. Apparently Miranda doesn't know a way to draw eyes that are honestly satisfied.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

I thought the statue in the background was a live character at first. It says a lot when the only non-smug figure you can draw is a hunk of stone. :geno:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She USED to draw the fingerwheels in the orientation that makes sense!!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

Some anatomy practice with Shadowtrack. I haven't drawn her in a while. It looks like she's enjoying one of her favorite activities, a long hot shower.

lol, I didn't put breasts on my female coasters to arouse. When I first started drawing my coasters, they all looked the same and I was sick of others asking if the character was male or female. The most obvious way to feminize anything is give it a more organic form, as in busty and curvy.

This is such a load of bullshit, and Miranda knows it. "I'm not turned on by pregnant rollercoasters, it was all a joke about x-rays!" "I didn't add boobs to make her sexy, I did it because it's practical!" "I drew her in a shower because she likes them, not because I'm turned on by it!"

Goddammit, she's been showing her fetish to the entire world for years, but she still clings to the belief that it's all normal and really just a joke haha.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Iced Cocoa posted:

Figuring out the genders of roller coasters from images like that.
The perceived gender of an imaginary roller coaster species shouldn't even be important

Honestly, from everything I've gathered, it would make the most sense if they all had the same sexual physiology, if any

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Kjoery posted:

The perceived gender of an imaginary roller coaster species shouldn't even be important

Honestly, from everything I've gathered, it would make the most sense if they all had the same sexual physiology, if any

"Thunderbaaaark!" Railrunner's grating voice pierced into the night. "You have to carry my child."

The white roller coaster looked smug, but on the inside, he was overcome with fear. He damned his frozen facial features. "Railrunner." he said, inching backward. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"I'm a red roller coaster!" He loosed a gargantuan roar that troubled the bowels of every creature within a fifteen mile radius.

Thunderbark lowered his head. "I guess you're right." He turned around and perched.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Just for a laugh I ran Railrunner through some of those internet Mary Sue tests. Not to find out whether he was or not, but just exactly how far off the deep end he was. Surprising no one, it would be hard to come up with a character that's more of one.

I swear by the end of each 90% of those boxes were checkmarked, and a lot of them were eerily like they were written for him. I'm not surprised the tests didn't just burst into flames from all the smug and perfect he generated. :supaburn:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kjoery posted:

Yeah, it makes no sense for them to have genders at all, much less goddamn breasts. They don't even reproduce this is so drat stupid.

The older pictures where they're standing around like a statue and all look identical makes more sense. Or, you know, she could base how they look on fun gimmicky things, just like actual roller coasters are.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

crowfeathers posted:

Yeah, it makes no sense for them to have genders at all, much less goddamn breasts. They don't even reproduce this is so drat stupid.

The older pictures where they're standing around like a statue and all look identical makes more sense. Or, you know, she could base how they look on fun gimmicky things, just like actual roller coasters are.

Exactly, she seems to have forgotten there are multiple kinds of roller coaster. The only distinction she's ever written into them is color and material when there are tons of of other coasters. There's more variety of roller coaster in the local traveling carnival- with the tiny rides and everything- than she presents here.

The ironic thing is she really could just have them be dragons because there are plenty of dragon themed roller coasters, and have the lesser ones be, say, old west trains, space ships, monorails, and so on.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Guys, I hope you all remember one thing...

quote:

Suffering from a sickness, a plague, within him, Railrunner finds himself in an intensive care unit in Between's top hospital. He is extremely ill - weak, unable to walk or keep anything solid down. For nearly a week, he goes through hell, only waking to get violently sick - with the days past a blur to poor Railrunner himself. His allies constantly visit him with great worry always painted across their faces. Finally, from the attentive care from Dr. Timberwolf and his loyal staff, Railrunner improves to where he has knowledge of his surroundings and can speak. Here, he gets incredibly excited and relieved to see his lover, Shadowtrack who's fighting back her emotions.

This is a illustration from Vertigo, Twisted's sequel. Twisted comes out this fall.

There is a sequel! :black101:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iced Cocoa posted:

There is a sequel! :black101:

It says "Twisted comes out this fall". When does the sequel Vertigo come out?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

There's actually no time on that yet. But as she's stating that this is going to be one of the illustrations in the book, I think it won't be long anyway. I'm gonna bet on January-April release.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iced Cocoa posted:

There's actually no time on that yet. But as she's stating that this is going to be one of the illustrations in the book, I think it won't be long anyway. I'm gonna bet on January-April release.

Excellent. That means I have the perfect present to give to my worst enemy this Christmas, and another one to give next year. Now all I need to do is to make someone my worst enemy.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
It's a rollercoaster lying flat on its back and wearing a hospital gown. Where the gently caress are his seats going? They barely have seats any more beyond the two that stick up over their head.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Why does the most imaginative place have human-style hospitals? Why does the generic fantasy world have them either? Wouldn't they have a magic hospital or something? How is he fitting on that bed? Is it thirty feet long? Wouldn't rails make more sense since they make the coasters more powerful?

Christ, everything about that picture is wrong.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would put my life in the hands of Dr. Timberwolf.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

They've got a spider baby!
That gown (seriously, a gown?) makes him look like he has boobs. I was confused about what character it was because the only thing differentiating male from female are boobs and he has them in this gown. Good Christ. At least they have somewhat better facial expressions. Better than the Smugy Smugertons that they usually are, anyway.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Vonder posted:

That gown (seriously, a gown?) makes him look like he has boobs. I was confused about what character it was because the only thing differentiating male from female are boobs and he has them in this gown. Good Christ. At least they have somewhat better facial expressions. Better than the Smugy Smugertons that they usually are, anyway.

That's what 8 thought at first, too, but turns out there's an easy way to tell: Railrunner's rack looks like normally drawn boobs, while Shadowtrack looks like someone glued a couple of volleyballs to her chest! :pseudo:

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

And do you know what causes Railrunner's moobs? The answer may surprise you. It's an attempt at non-human anatomy! :siren:

I'm in no mood to go check older Railrunner art to see how his chest was before she tacked the non-human anatomy on him. What happened was, from what I can see, is that she wanted to do was to give Railrunner more dragon characteristics but make him more muscular.

Whereas previously she was kinda close to human anatomy

Here is kind of a transition point. (kinda middle, holding a spear)

Here we have a good example of Railrunner's pecs in their current form. You can already see that it isn't like human pectoral muscles. It's just a large chest. So if it isn't human anatomy, can you figure out where this chest appearance comes from?

DRAGONS!

A common feature of dragons is the chest scales as you can see on those pictures. They give the feel of a mighty creature that is armored, so that has been moved over to Roller Coasters. But only male roller coasters, because females have to have boobs and Miranda can't draw chest scales that look like boobs.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
I've always been under the impression that dragons were drawn with powerful, jutting chests on the logic that they need incredibly strong flying muscles. It just goes to show that Miranda isn't giving any thought to her characters' anatomy, if that wasn't already clear from finger-wheels and the vital organs below the reproductive ones.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Oh hey, Miranda uploaded something new:

Kinda boring, so I figured I could dig for something not seen here yet.

The only instance I saw of non-pregnant Angeltrack. And Thunderbark stretching like a cat. Goddamn stupid anatomy.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Even the baby has a linea nigra. :psyduck: When I started reading this thread I wouldnt have thought it possible, but I now miss her old artwork.

Edit: I really hope that's not supposed to be the remains of an umbilical cord along with it. :stonk:

The Worst Bear fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 2, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A GoodReads review summarized the potion deus ex machina as "Imagine if Harry Potter ended with Harry busting out a potion that made him immune to voldemorts."

I'd also like to point out that Leek has still not move on from her coaster obsession. It has been going strong for almost 5 years.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Iced Cocoa posted:

The only instance I saw of non-pregnant Angeltrack. And Thunderbark stretching like a cat. Goddamn stupid anatomy.

Who doesn't love a nice steaming mug of baby roller coaster in the morning?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SSNeoman posted:

I'd also like to point out that Leek has still not move on from her coaster obsession. It has been going strong for almost 5 years.

The saddest loyalty.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I love (hate) how their extra legs are always curled up behind them. It's like she gets to them and is like "Aw, gently caress that." and gives up.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
The whole "train dragons" thing isn't even that original. It's only a more smug, murderous, furry version of Thomas the Tank engine and friends or "Starlight Express".

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The whole "train dragons" thing isn't even that original. It's only a more smug, murderous, furry version of Thomas the Tank engine and friends or "Starlight Express".

I'd unironically watch a murderous Thomas the Tank engine.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Rabbity Thing posted:

I'd unironically watch a murderous Thomas the Tank engine.

How timely for this video to pop up in the Locomotive Insanity thread in AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUzA3RmeIM

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Mr.Radar posted:

How timely for this video to pop up in the Locomotive Insanity thread in AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUzA3RmeIM

I guess wishes really do come true! :dance:

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

New picture:

quote:

One of the only downfalls when your body is composed of heavy organic steel and muscle is when you leap from a staggering height down to solid concrete or earth - it tends to crackle and quake upon hard impact.

Twisted release is now "later this year".

There is no word of if this drawing is in the book or not. But goddamn I hope that this weapon is going to replace Moonblood's sword. Because that spear thing is much more bullshit superpowered weapon than that sword. I can't remember where I read the info about the weapon which has some special name, but what I do remember of it is that it can hurt roller coasters, and it can change into whatever weapon possible. So it's a spear, a sword, a javelin, a tomahawk, a morning star, a scythe... The list is endless, and it includes a gun. Yes, it can be a goddamn gun in a society that doesn't use any guns.

At least Axe Cop's Perfect Axe is always an axe, and when it gets special powers, it's most of the time axe related.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Hahahaha his stupid cloak, of course it still only covers his anthropomorphized torso. Remind me again how the gently caress anybody missed his enormous red rear end trailing around like a lumpy tapeworm when he was running around in a ~trenchcoat~?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Voltin Bolt posted:

Hahahaha his stupid cloak, of course it still only covers his anthropomorphized torso. Remind me again how the gently caress anybody missed his enormous red rear end trailing around like a lumpy tapeworm when he was running around in a ~trenchcoat~?

What part of ~*magic*~ don't you understand?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Okay, so he landed there and made an impact there... so when did the rest of him land?

Seriously, the rest of him is just... there, like Miranda didn't even remember that he was a long creature until everything else had been drawn... or perhaps didn't think it was actually important. It's been said before, but this picture is perfect for visualization: everything related to Twisted! would be vastly improved by making it not roller coasters. You know what would make this image, on its own, not terrible? Remove the tacked-on backside. Remove the awful seats. Remove the damned wheel-finger-claws. It would make a perfectly fine anthro-dragon drawing like that. I mean, it would still be an anthro-dragon drawing, but it's a lot better than a rollercoaster that can't remember that it's a rollercoaster instead of a dragon.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Wizard of Smart posted:

What part of ~*magic*~ don't you understand?

The real "Miranda's Magic" is how every newly-posted illustration of hers manages to be even more rage-inducing than the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

There's also this:

Her attempt at "alien concept". Looks like a dragon with four eyes.

:ughh:

If she's taking 3D classes, I have to wonder if she'll ever render her roller coasters in 3D. Their whole bodies, not heads or torsos. Because it would be interesting to see a rigged model of them made by Miranda. As she has never drawn consistent looking roller coasters.

• Locked thread