Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.
Left a party on Saturday and came out to find this:

Hood is cracked straight through, fender well is cracked straight through, bumper is cracked, fender is cracked, headlight cover is cracked in half, headlight assembly is busted. Body shop estimated $7.5k in damage. Luckily the guy left part of his bumper stuck in the headlight, and there was a pop clip with the Ford logo stamped on it. Only one person drove a Ford to the party. Called the cops, told them who I believed it to be and they matched the part to his car and he was arrested! Yay!

It's estimated to be done while I'll be in Germany. I'm also getting a nice chunk of change from his insurance for diminished value. Keep your eyes open for a new thread where I supercharge the car and ruin another car with too much power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dizman posted:

Keep your eyes open for a new thread where I supercharge the car and ruin another car with too much power.

You've got the best kind of problem. :allears:

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
My children picked out some new wheels, put them on today.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well its a soul with hamster stickers, rock those green wheels I say.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Sockington posted:

The 2GR is a bit different than the standard 1MZ, 3VZ, 5VZ swaps. The dual VVT-I setup means a lot of wiring tom foolery with immobilizes, etc if you plan on running with stock electronics.

I mean, it can be done, but it's not quite as cut and dry as the more basic 90s engines that came before it.

It is an easier and better documented swap into the 2nd Gen MR2 than the 3rd Gen. There is a guy on MR2OC (Gouky) that sells the mounts and everything needed to physically bolt the 2GR into the car. I believe there is another guy (MR22OV) that can make the wiring harnesses needed to make it work.

I keep trying to convince my father-in-law to de-cat his and get headers, but he likes it to only be mildly obnoxious and not comically loud. The intake is the loudest part of the whole drat car, since it's only 6" or so from your head.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Dizman posted:

Keep your eyes open for a new thread where I supercharge the car and ruin another car with too much power.

Life gave you lemons and you're making a lemon gun :3:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

bandman posted:

It is an easier and better documented swap into the 2nd Gen MR2 than the 3rd Gen. There is a guy on MR2OC (Gouky) that sells the mounts and everything needed to physically bolt the 2GR into the car. I believe there is another guy (MR22OV) that can make the wiring harnesses needed to make it work.

For sure, it's all out there. It's just a bit more expensive than the other V6s (but the performance is WELL worth it!).

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

IOwnCalculus posted:

You've got the best kind of problem. :allears:

Mat_Drinks posted:

Life gave you lemons and you're making a lemon gun :3:

I'm trying. My last C5Z made 680 rwhp, and I absolutely hated the car. It was terrifying to drive on twisty roads (snap oversteer), sucked to drive in traffic (Stage 4 Spec clutch), was a maintenance nightmare, it was impossible not to do a million miles per hour everywhere I went and so I got rid of it after four months. However I missed being able to drop into 3rd and leave tire marks on the highway up to 100 mph. This time I'm staying with a 3.8" pulley, no meth injection and we're going to have a fairly conservative tune on there. Looking to make around 580 rwhp and just leave it the hell alone.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Personally I'm really impressed that you were able to get the police to go out and actually do something about it. Also I really like the idea of "only" 580rwhp. You bastard. :allears:

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

Raluek posted:

Personally I'm really impressed that you were able to get the police to go out and actually do something about it. Also I really like the idea of "only" 580rwhp. You bastard. :allears:

I was amazed at how helpful the officer was. I've read so many stories of people getting hit and having tons of evidence or knowing exactly who it was that did it and the police don't do anything. The officer I dealt with came out, took my statement, took the parts that I had and ran the gentleman's name and it came back that he had a Ford Explorer in his name so she said that there was sufficient evidence to look into it. Later that day I got an email from her saying the part matched the car and the driver admitted to it. I was ecstatic.

Also, 580 rwhp is on the incredibly low end of the spectrum for the people I hang out with. In our group there's a 700 rwhp turbo Camaro SS, 1200 rwhp C6Z, 1000 rwhp Trailblazer SS, 800 rwhp G8 GT. The average rwhp for the cars in the group is right around 800. I'll still be the slow one.

Chrysotile
Jun 25, 2005
Mesothelioma is your friend!

Dizman posted:

I was amazed at how helpful the officer was. I've read so many stories of people getting hit and having tons of evidence or knowing exactly who it was that did it and the police don't do anything. The officer I dealt with came out, took my statement, took the parts that I had and ran the gentleman's name and it came back that he had a Ford Explorer in his name so she said that there was sufficient evidence to look into it. Later that day I got an email from her saying the part matched the car and the driver admitted to it. I was ecstatic.

Also, 580 rwhp is on the incredibly low end of the spectrum for the people I hang out with. In our group there's a 700 rwhp turbo Camaro SS, 1200 rwhp C6Z, 1000 rwhp Trailblazer SS, 800 rwhp G8 GT. The average rwhp for the cars in the group is right around 800. I'll still be the slow one.

Good god I need to find some better friends. 1000 in a trailblazer SS? Yes please.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I guess money really does buy happiness.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

Chrysotile posted:

Good god I need to find some better friends. 1000 in a trailblazer SS? Yes please.

Raluek posted:

I guess money really does buy happiness.

People say that it doesn't, but those people have never had a ride in a 5000lb SUV that runs 9s, that gets driven to and from work all the time.

For any one interested the shop is Race Proven Motorsports in New Castle, DE and here's a video of said Trailblazer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci59pkSIgFk

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Dizman posted:

People say that it doesn't, but those people have never had a ride in a 5000lb SUV that runs 9s, that gets driven to and from work all the time.

For any one interested the shop is Race Proven Motorsports in New Castle, DE and here's a video of said Trailblazer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci59pkSIgFk

Jesus. That is both amazing and terrifying to behold.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dizman posted:

Hood is cracked straight through, fender well is cracked straight through, bumper is cracked, fender is cracked, headlight cover is cracked in half, headlight assembly is busted. Body shop estimated $7.5k in damage. Luckily the guy left part of his bumper stuck in the headlight, and there was a pop clip with the Ford logo stamped on it. Only one person drove a Ford to the party. Called the cops, told them who I believed it to be and they matched the part to his car and he was arrested! Yay!

It's estimated to be done while I'll be in Germany. I'm also getting a nice chunk of change from his insurance for diminished value. Keep your eyes open for a new thread where I supercharge the car and ruin another car with too much power.

gently caress, good for you that you were able to catch the guy! My roommate just dinged up my 350Z (not nearly as bad) and I think I'm going to get it appraised soon... No idea when I can get to a body shop though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Jesus. That is both amazing and terrifying to behold.

No poo poo. My mom's TrailBlazer ('02 EXT with 6-cyl, the only way it'd be slower would be if it had 4WD) could probably get a seven-second head start on that monster and still lose in the quarter.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Dizman posted:

I have a feeling a 580rwhp Corvette is still going to be faster than a 1000rwhp Trailblazer on anything but a drag strip. Unless it's low enough to not just flip over at the first turn. What do you all normally do with those cars?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They sound like highway roll-on cars.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Dizman posted:

I'm trying. My last C5Z made 680 rwhp, and I absolutely hated the car. It was terrifying to drive on twisty roads (snap oversteer), sucked to drive in traffic (Stage 4 Spec clutch), was a maintenance nightmare, it was impossible not to do a million miles per hour everywhere I went and so I got rid of it after four months. However I missed being able to drop into 3rd and leave tire marks on the highway up to 100 mph. This time I'm staying with a 3.8" pulley, no meth injection and we're going to have a fairly conservative tune on there. Looking to make around 580 rwhp and just leave it the hell alone.

Last time you posted about your Z06 all you could talk about is how every car you've modded you end up getting the bug and hating it because it's undriveable, so why not just leave this one stock and go to HPDEs with it until you can actually drive a stock one?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Muffinpox posted:

Last time you posted about your Z06 all you could talk about is how every car you've modded you end up getting the bug and hating it because it's undriveable, so why not just leave this one stock and go to HPDEs with it until you can actually drive a stock one?

Did you just advise someone to NOT supercharge something? Sad day, Muffinpox, sad day.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

davebo posted:

I have a feeling a 580rwhp Corvette is still going to be faster than a 1000rwhp Trailblazer on anything but a drag strip. Unless it's low enough to not just flip over at the first turn. What do you all normally do with those cars?

The cars are mostly highway queens. I don't really street race. Too many variables; other traffic behind/in front/debris on the highway/pot holes/entrance ramps and merge lanes, etc etc. I'd prefer not to rear end someone doing 130 mph because I was racing someone and a car just appears in my lane from the merge lane and I couldn't stop. However there are some two lane highways around here that are absolutely dead after 9pm and I won't confirm or deny that I have raced there on multiple occasions.

That TBSS absolutely rolls out on the highway though, and I will not stand a chance against it. There's a video of him keeping up dead even with a 790 rwhp Cobra that has 3.90's and walking out on a 630 rwhp C6. He would most certainly pull away from me like it was nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6TgFlrRXVI

IOwnCalculus posted:

No poo poo. My mom's TrailBlazer ('02 EXT with 6-cyl, the only way it'd be slower would be if it had 4WD) could probably get a seven-second head start on that monster and still lose in the quarter.

Don't feel bad - he could give me 3 seconds, and I'm in a 430 rwhp Corvette.

Muffinpox posted:

Correct! However my GTO was edging right on 550 rwhp, but it was terrible because the car had super skinny tires and I couldn't drop $3k on CCW wheels and a mini tub to fit 295s on the rear. The previous Z06 was 680 rwhp and that was just stupid. I'm fairly certain the sweet spot is 550-600 rwhp. Since I mostly do highway pulls and don't launch the car, I can stay with my LS7 clutch so I don't have to worry about the car suffering in the drive-ability department. As for the HDPE thing, I never really have the time. The events are always over an hour away, at a time I can't attend. The only thing I really have time for is the drag strip, which I hardly go to. Cruising the highway with some friends for some spirited runs will suffice.

Dizman fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 26, 2013

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
So, terrible photo inbound. Short version is: I was keeping my battery topped up by idling every now and then overnight while I was 'on watch', stepped out to do a round and found this, to my horror:

First though: radiator or my reservoir had finally popped (90s Japanese plastic in close proximity to heat).

After a heart attack and frantic check under my bonnet, I realised that the water flowed past the front of my car then proceeded to flow uphill. The puddle was from the sprinkler system, haha.. certainly something I do not need right now! :saddowns:

Also I may have noticed everything in my engine bay wasn't wet.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Dizman posted:

Correct! However my GTO was edging right on 550 rwhp, but it was terrible because the car had super skinny tires and I couldn't drop $3k on CCW wheels and a mini tub to fit 295s on the rear. The previous Z06 was 680 rwhp and that was just stupid. I'm fairly certain the sweet spot is 550-600 rwhp. Since I mostly do highway pulls and don't launch the car, I can stay with my LS7 clutch so I don't have to worry about the car suffering in the drive-ability department. As for the HDPE thing, I never really have the time. The events are always over an hour away, at a time I can't attend. The only thing I really have time for is the drag strip, which I hardly go to. Cruising the highway with some friends for some spirited runs will suffice.

Sounds like you're in it for pushing excel spreadsheets of whp than driving. Pretty much no one lives less than an hour from a race course, yet somehow we manage.

Best of luck on fixing the fiberglass though, that's a doozy.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Octopus Magic posted:

Sounds like you're in it for pushing excel spreadsheets of whp than driving. Pretty much no one lives less than an hour from a race course, yet somehow we manage.

Your custom title rings true

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Octopus Magic posted:

Not everyone wants to be a race car driver.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Larrymer posted:

Not everyone wants to finance a money pit DSM race car and barely drive it between problem diagnosis

Hey now, play nice.

I can attest to his position in some respects. I've got a few hours to get to the closest road course. Otherwise, I'm stuck with chasing cones.

There is a quasi local drag strip only 35minutes away, but straight line stuff isn't my thing. I'm a fan of rowing tightly spaced gears in unbearably slow cars.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

Octopus Magic posted:

It's going to be a fast, fun, street car. Nothing more. I'm sure track racing is fun, but when access to NJMP runs me $250 per day, on top of new pads/rotors/tires, etc etc. It adds up quick. The HDPE/NASA events are also an hour or more away, and they happen during work hours. I can use vacation time to do it but I typically take two week vacations every year and that uses up a majority of my vacation time. If they had something close by, that wasn't insanely expensive, that happened after 5pm and on weekends, I'd be all over it. As it is I'll enjoy the hell out of it on the street, hit the drag strip once a month and continue being very happy with my car.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dizman posted:

It's a 600whp Corvette, gently caress off.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Dizman posted:

It's going to be a fast, fun, street car. Nothing more............ I'll enjoy the hell out of it on the street, hit the drag strip once a month and continue being very happy with my car.

You MONSTER. How dare you enjoy what you are doing if someone else on AI disagrees with your idea of fun.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

There are very diminishing returns after about 500 whp. It gets too illegal too quickly and I can't put enough tire under my car to hook on the street anyway. The best part to me is the effortless torque. I could make more peak power, but that screw charger is nice for drivability.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Falken posted:

Very very nice! I am considering getting those wheels for my 944 S2 and selling on the D90s.

Went out for a drive myself.

I've been a few cars behind you twice this last week (in/round Gala), so if you see some weird old guy waving at you from a horrible blue-green landrover/dark gray citroen, it's probably me.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

wallaka posted:

There are very diminishing returns after about 500 whp. It gets too illegal too quickly and I can't put enough tire under my car to hook on the street anyway. The best part to me is the effortless torque. I could make more peak power, but that screw charger is nice for drivability.

My audacity knows no bounds.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Octopus Magic posted:

I'm pretty sure you should make like your crank and walk away from this one.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

kastein posted:

:drat::iceburn:

hahaha, that's about the best AI burn I have ever seen, made me laugh.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

kastein posted:

Wow, that was cold brah. Well played.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Let's get some crank walk up in here.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Fuq dis poo poo. I'm leavin.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

kastein posted:

Oh snap. I've been ousted. So whp. So burned. So hurt. Crying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Octopus Magic posted:

Oh snap. I've been ousted. So whp. So burned. So hurt. Crying.

I'm crying. From the laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

kastein posted:

You're my hero. That was the best comeback/burn i have ever heard!