Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I like how Sonics Tshirt and Saitamas hoodie made the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
This comic is Karl Pilkington: The Superhero.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Is Garou the personification of Shicchi's worst nightmare? As the story progresses, Shicchi continually becomes more stressed out, and it was Shicchi that accidentally provided Garou with his first couple of victories, after all. Shicchi's madness sort of created Garou.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy crap, the chapter ended in such an amazing way. I just hope Unlicensed becomes his underling.

Don't know if it has been posted yet:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---036----B-Class?id=175370

.... I think Im in the wrong thread.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Suspicious Lump posted:

Holy crap, the chapter ended in such an amazing way. I just hope Unlicensed becomes his underling.

Don't know if it has been posted yet:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---036----B-Class?id=175370

.... I think Im in the wrong thread.

Sure are. This is for the original comic that Murata is redrawing. Still a great chapter though.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Going through it that chapter wasn't in the original from what I saw. So thanks for posting this icing on the cake. If you kept up with the original, you'd never have seen this extra content.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

This comic is Karl Pilkington: The Superhero.

All he seems to have is a head like a loving egg.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Murata's redraw chapter just came out, and now we finally get to see all the S-Class hero's designs by Murata, which I was really looking forward too. This chapter gives us an inkling of what the sillier panels of Tatsumaki will end up looking like.

And I just have to say, holy gently caress, the king engine is roaring.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
ROFL at King's face.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

PaganGoatPants posted:

ROFL at King's face.

Kind of takes square jaws to the next level.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Liar posted:

Kind of takes square jaws to the next level.

A jaw befitting of the Earth's strongest man.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
poo poo, if I was a monster I'd be scared of that.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I think the realness and detail of Murata's art is going to make King's scenes even funnier.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think the realness and detail of Murata's art is going to make King's scenes even funnier.

I really love that Tatsumaki is being drawn off-model whenever she isn't being serious (which is most of the time) because she is almost as overpowered as Saitama is. I am hoping the exact opposite holds true with King - that he is always drawn completely and 100% seriously every single time, because it will be glorious.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Chinaman7000 posted:

If Saitama and King are drawn in super serious dramatic mode for that scene where King cheeses Saitama out with an infinite in a fighting game I'm probably gonna die laughing.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

international owl day posted:

Murata's redraw chapter just came out, and now we finally get to see all the S-Class hero's designs by Murata, which I was really looking forward too. This chapter gives us an inkling of what the sillier panels of Tatsumaki will end up looking like.

And I just have to say, holy gently caress, the king engine is roaring.

Goddamn, Murata just made him into the biggest badass.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
I love the sense of scale in the long-table panel. And is someone watching through that camera that Saitama is looking at?

Edit: I'm an idiot, this is the read-ahead thread.

van fem fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 4, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

van fem posted:

Might want to spoiler that for the people who aren't reading ahead.

I thought this was the reading ahead thread.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

If Saitama and King are drawn in super serious dramatic mode for that scene where King cheeses Saitama out with an infinite in a fighting game I'm probably gonna die laughing.

T-this game is poo poo!! TOTAL poo poo!!!!

King style energy wave ultimate hellfire burst wave-motion cannon is going to blow people's loving minds, I just hope it doesn't get spoiled for the majority of Murata readers.

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 4, 2013

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
ONE is so good at storyboarding or whatever it is called. Despite being so shittily drawn his action panels are cohesive and flow wonderfully. I initially put off reading ONE's version but once I started I couldn't stop. Never would have imagined I'd enjoy reading something drawn so amateurishly. Not to mention the characters themselves own

can't wait for Murata's version

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So now I've finally caught up whats the hideous release rate of new chaptes?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scott Bakula posted:

So now I've finally caught up whats the hideous release rate of new chaptes?

I think someone said every 6 months? :smithicide:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

PaganGoatPants posted:

I think someone said every 6 months? :smithicide:

It's more like whenever ONE feels like it. Onepunch-Man is just a project he does on the side, as opposed to his main series Mob Psycho 100.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I bet he'll pick up the pace when Murata starts nipping at his heels. I'm under the impression ONE knows what's going to happen and can knock one of these out in an afternoon.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I bet he'll pick up the pace when Murata starts nipping at his heels. I'm under the impression ONE knows what's going to happen and can knock one of these out in an afternoon.

Assuming they continue to release the redraw every two weeks, ONE has a good two year buffer before having to worry about getting caught up on.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nah.

He's got lovely art, to be sure, but the panel layout of the action scenes and the flow of each page work wonderfully, to the point where even Murata would keep quite of bit of the panels completely the same, because it already works so why change it. You don't just do that kind of thing without thinking about it, that takes a bit of planning to work out how to stage everything.

That and the writing in the series is top notch, which is another thing you can't just whip out whenever you're in the mood. Takes time to draft, edit, and polish, good writing doesn't just come out of thin air.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

In his other gag manga, Makai No Ossan, there's a character who is a manga artist that believes this is possible.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There is a new side chapter thingy: http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/extra-3/

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE's cameo at the end is great

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Translated version here: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/204694/onepunch-man-original_ch92.1_by_anonymous

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How does Saitama have such smooth legs but a hairy rear end

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Apparently 100 push ups and 10km running per day makes you bald but preserves your rear end hair.

EDIT: Although seriously where is the next update, I want to know what nonsensical comeback line Saitama gives to Garou's speech before he one-punches him for the 5th time.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Bugger. Murata's isn't free any more so I'm thinking of jumping to the ONE version, from where I got to in Murata's.

I got a lot way to catch up. Aaaand this is the first thing I see in this thread.

AnonSpore posted:

:gonk:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The most powerful rear end.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm not sure where else I should post this because we don't have a thread for ONE's other works yet, so it goes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ief4qbFapZI

Someone should post either a general ONE thread or a Mob Psycho 100 thread because dang son. Murata isn't the only animator in this duo.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

That's not ONE, it's an unofficial trailer made by a dude(dudes?) named Kenja. Follow the youtube profile and you can find two more neat things he did for Mob Psycho 100.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was agonizing over how the Murata redraw of Onepunch-Man was coming out so slow, and remembered that it was based on a crap-drawn version by the original author, and decided to give that a look.

2 hours later I binged through everything from where Murata is currently paused to the present, and finding it on such a cliffhanger made me feel like my nuts just fell off.

What an unbelievably epic storyline this thing has. Has the identity of the No. 1 ranked S-level hero been revealed yet? Was that the martial arts master that was old friends with Silver Fang? Or is Blast someone else that is still shrouded in absolute mystery?

Also, I wish that Watchdog-Man had gotten to be in this huge fight against the Monster Association. Dude's character design is the funniest goddamned thing ever. He rules.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Bang's older brother never signed up for the Hero's Association. Blast is still a complete mystery to everyone.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There's still a bunch of stuff ONE has to go through. The prophecy that May or may not still be on, the Organization, the true nature of metal knight, genos's cyborg enemy, the identity of Blast, and maybe some other stuff on the way. All of this Garou stuff started from one just one page in the aliens arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

There's still a bunch of stuff ONE has to go through. The prophecy that May or may not still be on, the Organization, the true nature of metal knight, genos's cyborg enemy, the identity of Blast, and maybe some other stuff on the way. All of this Garou stuff started from one just one page in the aliens arc.
I'm most interested in finding out what the hell the deal was with Hobo King's vision.

Also, the art ONE does may be technically poo poo, but his characterization, expressions, choreography in the action scenes, it's strangely beautiful. Saitama vs Garou was one of the most intense things i've seen on paper.