Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OSI bean dip posted:

Not pictured the stickers on the back.

Let me guess: shocker, illest, uhhh... 3-4 misogynistic ones, and one of those shoshinsha decals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DropShadow posted:

I always feel a little bad for the people that drive these (and RedBull cars, etc.) for a living. You know it's not something they ever thought they'd be doing and just want to die.

I kinda feel like I really want to drive an oscar meyer weiner truck once in my life.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

cormorant posted:

I kinda feel like I really want to drive an oscar meyer weiner truck once in my life.

They actually make a good bit of money for driving the weinermobile. They get a good salary, expense account, full healthcare benefits & all that :)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

cormorant posted:

Fact: Weinermobile can "baby" the really well.
http://jalopnik.com/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-will-it-baby-1056967001
(I really like the "Will It Baby" Jalopnik series.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Maybe the promo cars are run by an agency of some kind who do lots of different brands.

Exactly. It was a local promotion company that did all sorts of live events. They currently have a fleet of H2 Hummers with various drinks emblazoned on them. I did a few events with him and they gave me so much free poo poo. Monster had an energy shot a few years ago and after an event where we gave them away he let me take about 200 of them home since we were supposed to give all of them away.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Some quality repair work here...

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Uthor posted:

Fact: Weinermobile can "baby" the really well.
http://jalopnik.com/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-will-it-baby-1056967001
(I really like the "Will It Baby" Jalopnik series.)

Everyone should read the first comment on this article, it is hilarious

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Holy poo poo :lol:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Years ago on these forums someone posted a series of images of a car they found that had been adorned with logos printed off and taped to the car along with a coffee tin slid over the exhaust.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WebDog posted:

Years ago on these forums someone posted a series of images of a car they found that had been adorned with logos printed off and taped to the car along with a coffee tin slid over the exhaust.

There have been several of those as well as the cardboard body kitted cars.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Coasterphreak posted:

Everyone should read the first comment on this article, it is hilarious

For those too lazy to click the link:

quote:

Welcome to Jalopnik!

Today we're featuring an article on the babyability of the Wienermobile. We understand the type of comments this article may attract, so we've created this automated system to assist you. If you want to make a comment on the Kosher qualities of the Wienermobile, please say Kosher. If you would like to make a comment featuring innuendo, please say innuendo.

"Innuendo"

Thank you for your selection. If you would like your innuendo use the common noun wiener, please say wiener. Otherwise, say more options.

"More options."

More options. If you want to base your innuendo on the wienermobile's handling, please say handling. If you want to base your innuendo on the wienermobile's exhaust system, please say exhaust. If you want to base your innuendo on the wienermobile's event schedule, please say schedule. If you want to base your innuendo on current events, please say current events. If you want to ba-

"Current events."

Current events. Please state the area in which the current event is or did take place.

"New York"

Is that New York City, or New York State? If City, please say City, if State, ple-

"City"

If you want to reference a recent wienermobile appearance in New York City, please say yes. Otherwise, please say no.

"No"

I am currently searching for current events in New York City. If you wish to expedite the process, please give a topic area.

"Election"

Is this for a past election, or a future election? If past, please say past. If future, please say future.

"Future"

My records show that the next New York City election is a city government primary election is scheduled to happen on September 10. Is this the election on which you want to base your innuendo? If yes, please say yes. If no, ple-

"Yes"

If you wish to base your innuendo on a candidate, please say candidate. If you wis-

"Candidate"

Please state the party for which the candidate is running for nomination. The options are Libertarian, Working Families, Liberal, Gre-

"Democratic"

Please state the nominee on which you want to base your innuendo. Available options are Sal Albanese, Ceceilia Berkowitz, Ra-

"Anthony Wiener"

Please select the following innuendo. For "I'd expect the bottom can stick out more than the top of the Anthony Wienermobile," please press 1. For "The Anthony Wienermobile wouldn't curve like that," please press 2. For "Shouldn't we call it the Carlos Dangermobile?" please press 3. For "How is #Anthony doing in the votin-

beep

You have selected option 3, "Shouldn't we call it the Carlos Dangermobile?" Your comment has been posted. Thank you for using Jalopnik! Goodbye!

dpidz0r
Jul 29, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

I saw this and wondered why the hell anyone would buy this. I also don't get what makes it is a MW3 version as the interior just has this dumb logo on the seats.
My uncle has one. Apparently it had some kind of better audio package and a few other things that real jeep owners shouldn't care about in their jeeps. That thing has all the bells and whistles for offroading too and he hasn't taken it yet (he's had it for like 2 years) as far as I know :(

Some more car pictures:

There were two more behind that guy also with student driver signs. I'm wondering if they just didn't have any wide load signs so put those on because they were at least yellow? Or maybe it was an actual convoy of student truck drivers.

For some reason that kind of damage and repair job looks almost natural on that car.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
That's because the cube was never symmetrical to begin with. :allears:

I've always loved the look of the cube, but I heard it's terrible car underneath the neat looking body.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I can't loving stand the way the cube looks. It's like a scion xB with a growth and downs syndrome.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

OSI bean dip posted:

I saw this and wondered why the hell anyone would buy this. I also don't get what makes it is a MW3 version as the interior just has this dumb logo on the seats.

http://www.jeep.com/en/callofduty/

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

kastein posted:

I can't loving stand the way the cube looks. It's like a scion xB with a growth and downs syndrome.

:ohdear: Have you tried looking at the Cube from the other side? You might like that side more.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SocketSeven posted:

:ohdear: Have you tried looking at the Cube from the other side? You might like that side more.

The asymmetry kinda loving with my head the first time I noticed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If it looks bad from one side I don't loving want it, there are plenty of cars that look great from either side because they aren't vast swathes of lopsided plastic.

(I'll stop bitching now)

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

dpidz0r posted:

My uncle has one. Apparently it had some kind of better audio package and a few other things that real jeep owners shouldn't care about in their jeeps. That thing has all the bells and whistles for offroading too and he hasn't taken it yet (he's had it for like 2 years) as far as I know :(

Some more car pictures:

There were two more behind that guy also with student driver signs. I'm wondering if they just didn't have any wide load signs so put those on because they were at least yellow? Or maybe it was an actual convoy of student truck drivers.

Wrong thread, if they aren't actually student drivers. If I had a CDL license that'd stay on my truck

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

dpidz0r posted:

That's probably all it was. I have seen small groups of students doing their class 1 up here convoyed together.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I actually think this is kind of funny-awesome, but I'm sticking it here:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Darko posted:

I actually think this is kind of funny-awesome, but I'm sticking it here:

No timbo badge. :colbert:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Saw the Weinermobile in the expo hall of the hotel I was working at a while ago. The expo team finished setting up for the day and we climbed all over it. Sadly, it was locked.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cacafuego posted:

Saw the Weinermobile in the expo hall of the hotel I was working at a while ago. The expo team finished setting up for the day and we climbed all over it. Sadly, it was locked.

I just noticed the front end. Look at how happy it is!

:kimchi:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys.

Guys.

This is the one. This, I think, may top Bondo-Saturn (a true epic in and of itself):

http://imgur.com/a/qWB7J

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Guys.

Guys.

This is the one. This, I think, may top Bondo-Saturn (a true epic in and of itself):

http://imgur.com/a/qWB7J

Are those guards for the absentee dual axles made from air dams? The extra grille and headlights look sort of like the truck is just finishing devouring its prey.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You're missing that there are six total wheels on the thing, and one is on the tailgate.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Geirskogul posted:

You're missing that there are six total wheels on the thing, and one is on the tailgate.

poo poo man, gently caress.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Holy poo poo. Those are front bumpers repurposed as wheel arches??

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait I didn't even notice the wing on top of the cab.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Are his front rear inner fender liners (Did I do that right? The front set of rear wheels, not present) his fuel tanks? That can't be good for suspension articulation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like the added row of lights that prevent the hood from closing.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
That thing is either one of the biggest trolls ever, advertisement for some kind of wrecker or the owner is seriously mentally ill. I'm leaning toward the latter. Part of me hopes it had / is going to have dual duallies. Good luck turning at intersections.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I drove by this today. D'oh?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

If this does not get you chicks then your hopeless.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Citycop posted:

Are we talking legal age?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Citycop posted:

It's on a temp plate, at least it isn't driven often.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Citycop posted:

Put a "garage built" sticker on there and it'll get you jobs at every welding shop in town. Great fab on the exhaust. Fab fab?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Citycop posted:

Just made the connection that backfiring will send... sparkles out of the stars. Coolest automotive thing I've seen this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
The Bozuko craze, or whatever they call it in Japan, ends up creating some of the weirdest looking automobiles I've ever seen.

I kind of like them more then a stanced out civic. At least they are creative and have absolutely no illusions that they are making their cars faster or more furious.