Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Citycop posted:

If this does not get you chicks then your hopeless.

While ridiculous it does look like it may actually be quality work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Geirskogul posted:

Guys.

Guys.

This is the one. This, I think, may top Bondo-Saturn (a true epic in and of itself):

http://imgur.com/a/qWB7J

This is a 'Where's Waldo?' of terrible. :tinfoil:

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This is a 'Where's Waldo?' of terrible. :tinfoil:

Except Waldo is everywhere. It's like a portrait of Waldo.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Is this some kind of VW thing or does this guy just really like giving head.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Veedub people start the most retarded trends so who the hell knows. Sad part is we'll probably see those stickers on Hondas and Nissans in a year or two.

Also, those star tail pipes are awesome and nothing Bozu can do any wrong :colbert:

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

Bugdrvr posted:

Also, those star tail pipes are awesome and nothing Bozu can do any wrong :colbert:

Bozu has it's tongue implanted firmly in it's cheek, which is why it is so amazing. Americans focus on performance mods that actually ruin the performance of their car in most cases, and Bozu is just like. "gently caress it. This is a Honda Civic. It will only ever have 120HP. Why make it look fast when it can be fabulous instead?"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
My favorite bosu mod is installing a rev limiter that's set at something stupid low (like 3000-4000 rpm) and then riding the fuel cut through a town.

Absolutely stupid for performance but a combination of a great gag and an incredibly annoying disturbance for everyone around.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

riding the fuel cut through a town.

Can you explain to the uneducated what this means? I tried googling it...something about the fuel cut-off but I don't understand at all.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My favorite bosu mod is installing a rev limiter that's set at something stupid low (like 3000-4000 rpm) and then riding the fuel cut through a town.

Absolutely stupid for performance but a combination of a great gag and an incredibly annoying disturbance for everyone around.

Isn't that the point of Bosu though? How big of an rear end in a top hat can I be while still looking fabulous?

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

anonumos posted:

Can you explain to the uneducated what this means? I tried googling it...something about the fuel cut-off but I don't understand at all.

When you hit the rev limiter it cuts fuel. Try holding your RPM at maximum and seeing what happens. Basically you bounce between hitting the max and dropping a little.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Jonny Nox posted:

Isn't that the point of Bosu though? How big of an rear end in a top hat can I be while still looking fabulous?
Mainly the former.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

When you hit the rev limiter it cuts fuel. Try holding your RPM at maximum and seeing what happens. Basically you bounce between hitting the max and dropping a little.

Ah! I've done that. Probably did untold amounts of damage to the engine, though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

anonumos posted:

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

The most used one (Bee*r) cuts ignition, not fuel, letting you backfire wildly. You can vary the revs and the cutoff speed manually. For instance, you can get the normal high-rev "BAPAPAPAPA" sort of limiter you hear in racing, especially rallying.

OR, you can make massive backfires or anything inbetween:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lreq00KsXUM

The one at 3:20 is particularly good.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
There is a Tune out there for a first gen RX-8, that limits the revs to 2,000 (might get you 10mph in first gear). It is officially known as "Valet mode" :D

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ahahaha! That tune is awesome! Reminds me of those guys with the Porsche GT's trolling the streets of Hollywood with the most murderous sounding exhaust I've ever seen (besides a 4 rotor Mazda).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

KozmoNaut posted:

The most used one (Bee*r) cuts ignition, not fuel, letting you backfire wildly. You can vary the revs and the cutoff speed manually. For instance, you can get the normal high-rev "BAPAPAPAPA" sort of limiter you hear in racing, especially rallying.

I have a spare toy PCM I sometimes use in my SRT that has ignition cut before fuel. No cat, no muffler, single resonator. Machine gun fireballs are great.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have a spare toy PCM I sometimes use in my SRT that has ignition cut before fuel. No cat, no muffler, single resonator. Machine gun fireballs are great.

I love my Bandit for this as well. It's carbed, so naturally it's an ignition cut only, and the exhaust is completely open, just a straight-through slip-on with absolutely no wadding left. Banging on the 12K RPM revlimiter produces nice flames in addition to plenty of noise. It's wonderfully obnoxious.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KozmoNaut posted:

Which is why my bug will have an unbaffled stinger. Nothing like throwing fire at the rear end in a top hat tailgating you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mj4czDzz0

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, except the only mod I had to do to set off car alarms by goosing the throttle then releasing it (braaaaaaaaaAAAAPOP! BANG :getin:) was cut off the stock muffler and tailpipe and replace them with a cherry bomb and a turndown.

Then the cat barfed out all its contents into the cherry bomb after I dragged it over a rock ledge or three and I shook it all out and kept going. Fireballs and explosions got even better.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Ahahaha! That tune is awesome! Reminds me of those guys with the Porsche GT's trolling the streets of Hollywood with the most murderous sounding exhaust I've ever seen (besides a 4 rotor Mazda).

Coincidentally, that guy died in his 996TT during a hillclimb event a few years back.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

kastein posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, except the only mod I had to do to set off car alarms by goosing the throttle then releasing it (braaaaaaaaaAAAAPOP! BANG :getin:) was cut off the stock muffler and tailpipe and replace them with a cherry bomb and a turndown.

Then the cat barfed out all its contents into the cherry bomb after I dragged it over a rock ledge or three and I shook it all out and kept going. Fireballs and explosions got even better.

I miss my beetle. It had J tubes and the larger diameter thunderbird exhaust with the not for road use glasspack and the flared exhaust tip. It'd do the exact same thing. Every time I decelerated it'd do a hell of a bang. It was a good kick to the back of the seat and at night it'd light my surrounding up with a blue flash. Exhausts on that car were perma-damaged and the bottom of the collector, muffler (baffle?) and tailpipe were always smashed flat with nice big scrapes on them because of the ride height. It was rusty and the whole car was built out of totally mismatched parts but it was my all time favourite car.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My Protege would pop real easy after I put the Corksport exhaust on it. Still does it occasionally with the slightly leaner map I run these days, but when I first installed it the stock tune was so rich you could do it on demand from cruising by lifting throttle and coasting for a few seconds (to mix some air in with the unburnt fuel) then goosing the throttle. I got a few angry glares back then.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The best bit about having a relatively plain vehicle with a loud obnoxious exhaust is pulling up at a light with a ricey hatchback between you and a police car. Just give it some good revs and watch the cops give the look of death to the spotty yoofs in the Saxo.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Coincidentally, that guy died in his 996TT during a hillclimb event a few years back.

drat! That's terrible to hear. I'd like to think he went out doing something he enjoyed and in style.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

A friend of mine had some old BMW that if you rev'd it hard then immediately turned it off, it would sit for a good 30-60 seconds then let out the largest most explosive backfire I have ever heard.

It was awesome, rev it, get out, walk away, watch people poo poo their pants.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Somewhat Heroic posted:

drat! That's terrible to hear. I'd like to think he went out doing something he enjoyed and in style.

He was an enormous rear end in a top hat with a reputation for being a con artist and died while being foolish, contributing to the demise of the event. Not exactly Paul Newman.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

Das Volk posted:

He was an enormous rear end in a top hat with a reputation for being a con artist and died while being foolish, contributing to the demise of the event. Not exactly Paul Newman.

Someone with an incredibly loud custom exhaust had a reputation for being an rear end in a top hat? How could that be possible? :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
My buddy had a 70 Caddy hearse with a 500, dual straight pipes and cherry bombs. That motherfucker would backfire for miles if he got on it.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

The best bit about having a relatively plain vehicle with a loud obnoxious exhaust is pulling up at a light with a ricey hatchback between you and a police car. Just give it some good revs and watch the cops give the look of death to the spotty yoofs in the Saxo.

I have a hard cut rev limiter on my mapped TDI. I pulled up next to an idiot in a Polo at the lights a while ago, he revved his engine at me. I revved mine to the 4,000rpm limiter and he realised the big wagon wouldn't lose to his 1.4 Polo.

It felt good, it felt even better rolling easy in first then flooring it in second with traction. Bye bye Polo! :jerkbag:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
You guys must be new to this. My rotary friends will tell you nothing, absolutely nothing, is louder and more ear-piercing at three in the morning than a built turbo rotary with open exhaust. Doesn't matter if it's 400 or 1,000 horsepower. It's just obscene.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Das Volk posted:

Point well taken, then I guess the moral is you reap what you sow :unsmith:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Found on imgur. Shame, it looks like some effort went into this

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Snowdens Secret posted:

With some different wheels, I would drive the gently caress out of that.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

My new muffler is pretty much broken in, so sometimes on the way to work at nights, I'll let it out a bit on the highway. Last week, I pulled fairly hard from a stoplight and got a nice * burble*pop*. I wish it was louder, but VA has some pretty stupid laws and it's a Grand Cherokee with a 4.7, not exactly a hot rod. I still have fun though, feeling fast.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Snowdens Secret posted:

In some ways that looks better than the actual front end that goes on the truck. Certainly better than the '51 and '65 kits that go on the 88-98 models.

Would look better with non-stupid wheels, and lowered.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I'd like it, but the whole front end forward of the A pillar looks like it's been raised about 4 inches so the proportions are just hosed. Smooth it out and get some decent wheels and it'd probably look awesome though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

kastein posted:

The original owner of my F-150 had installed their version of an anti theft system - a switch under the dash that cut power to the coil.

I figured out how to hit it with my foot, it was a lot of fun to turn it off, go WOT, then turn it back on. I also got very good at pulling over and grabbing half of my exhaust out of the road after epic backfires. :smith:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SaNChEzZ posted:

A friend of mine had some old BMW that if you rev'd it hard then immediately turned it off, it would sit for a good 30-60 seconds then let out the largest most explosive backfire I have ever heard.

It was awesome, rev it, get out, walk away, watch people poo poo their pants.

One of my dad's friends used to drive an old 320i. One day, he couldn't start the car for some reason, it just wouldn't catch. So he cranked it for like a minute before it finally started with the biggest backfire I have every heard, louder than a gunshot. But the car ran fine and he drove home.

He came back an hour later with the rotor from the distributor, it was almost non-existant. How the hell he got that car started, I have no idea.

some texas redneck posted:

The original owner of my F-150 had installed their version of an anti theft system - a switch under the dash that cut power to the coil.

I figured out how to hit it with my foot, it was a lot of fun to turn it off, go WOT, then turn it back on. I also got very good at pulling over and grabbing half of my exhaust out of the road after epic backfires. :smith:

That's exactly what the killswitch on a carbed motorcycle does. I've had a lot of fun doing that. Haven't been able to blow off the can yet, though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It was an 80 (mid 79 build date, so a very early 80), 351M, 2 bbl carb.

By the time I got out of high school, the "exhaust" was a series of flex pipes, clamps, vice grips, and a glass pack behind the Y-pipe. I blew apart more than my share of exhaust systems with that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
When I kill my Enfield motorcycle with the killswitch instead of hitting the carb fuel, five to ten seconds after I turn it off there is a massive, deep "BWOOMP/BANG" combo inside the echo chamber exhaust pipe. :iia: