Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

snype
   /

Werthog 95 posted:

post the improv u dork

he's doing improv

right

now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a sql db to tweet thing for fayettevillains, basically i run through the loop and do a $timer += 15; sleep($timer) in the loop. obv this places an upper bound on how much traffic the bot could take before backing up forever but its an order of magnitude higher than what fayetteville produces as far as cop logs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ya too much data to do each tweet w/out getting throttled would be the concern. idk how the twitter api works if ur looking at incoming tweets.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
idk how people do incoming tweets. i know that at one point you had to literally simulate a human browser and do the scraper equivalent of mousewheeling down to load more. it appeared to be 100% jank

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I still think the credit card collector bot is the best

Ferr
Sep 27, 2002

Serious Business Orc
College Slice
i am making this post up as i go

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Ferr posted:

i am making this post up as i go

i am a markov chain that generates posts based on previously seen content here in the 'pos bithc

Ferr
Sep 27, 2002

Serious Business Orc
College Slice

Bloody posted:

i am a markov chain that generates posts based on previously seen content here in the 'pos bithc

i am a bot that agrees your your established reality and adds to it thus building a comedic situation

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i am a bad poster

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Mido posted:

i am a bad poster

spookily realistic

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
ps: the most enjoyable thing about 3d projects is loving them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-MyMBJsYu4

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

oh gently caress my eyes

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

ps: the most enjoyable thing about 3d projects is loving them up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-MyMBJsYu4

im the fraps logo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody posted:

dont make me go on my embedded spergrant again please

I know why I can't use python, it just sucks that's all, coz python makes coding a joy whereas I find c is an obstacle to get over to do the thjngs I want to do. also I need to sort out c++ coz objects seem so natural to me not using them is hosed also learning how to make functions or whatever they're called in c

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

I know why I can't use python, it just sucks that's all, coz python makes coding a joy whereas I find c is an obstacle to get over to do the thjngs I want to do. also I need to sort out c++ coz objects seem so natural to me not using them is hosed also learning how to make functions or whatever they're called in c

structs?

Bloody posted:

im the fraps logo

same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasingFungus posted:

structs?

same

structs? cool maybe? when I want to make a function? idk anything at all

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
just posting to say if u program and ur not getting paid for it then ur either autistic or r a loser. bye

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i program out of passion so i can enrich my life ok thanks

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Brotato Broth posted:

Thread.Sleep(5000)

duh

yeah this is pretty much what I do

also it isn't the REAL BIG TWITTER STREAM because access to this is limited for a few, this is what I use: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/statuses/sample

and hey look it was suspended again what a surprise

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a suspicion that a girl i went to grad school with was partly responsible for them locking down their api. she started her research in 2008-ish when the service was still catching on and decided that to do her studies she needed every tweet that was published. by 2009-10 she was pulling down something like 40gb a day (for processing, didn't store all the raw data, though she had something like 5tb of server space and was always asking for more). around that time twitter put out a release saying "people scraping our entire database will now kindly gently caress off, and that includes academic researchers" resulting in a gigantic lab freakout

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i got distracted from the pygame draw to make a module that contains the classes Vector and Radian, and eventually will contain other useful classes. i have had more fun putting together these trig classes than any human has a right to have when converting formula to program poo poo

prolly cause its easy

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hubris.height posted:

i got distracted from the pygame draw to make a module that contains the classes Vector and Radian

misread that as Randian but then i remembered ur using python not objectivist-c

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Werthog 95 posted:

misread that as Randian but then i remembered ur using python not objectivist-c

randian units refuse to cooperate with other units except through a very expensive function in which the phrase 'gently caress you got mine' is involved

also bitcoins instead of bitwise etc etc

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

see also http://fdiv.net/2012/04/01/objectivist-c

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

:(

quote:

(Another principle that Objectivist-C software engineers have little use for is Don’t Repeat Yourself.)

gently caress off why would that be a good thing

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

um

u realize that page is a joke right

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Werthog 95 posted:

um

no, anyone who enjoys obj-c has lost touch with reality

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

um

indistinguishable from reality

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Werthog 95 posted:

um

nope

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
so i'm still kind of trying to simulate planetary cloud bands

i'm getting some interesting results anyway

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
when are you going to release the ksp mod

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Symbolic Butt posted:

I wrote a buttbot for my native language last year and these days I decided to put it on twitter. I lost count of how many times it got suspended (I guess almost 20).

People seem to like it but I guess there are always 2 or 3 people in a group of hundreds that reports the account as spam.

i also hooked up buttbot to twitter and it hasn't been reported/blocked/whatever for nearly 3 years now :shrug:

my program just runs every 5 minutes or so, grabs stuff from the stream sample api until it succeeds (usually the first tweet is fine, but it'll keep streaming until it is able to process one), then reposts it, then quits and cron starts it up again later

i used to stream 24/7 but it was total overkill for something as low-volume as that

i also used to follow back anyone who followed it and use that to get tweets (using the api equivalent of the home screen), unfortunately it resulted in following like a thousand spam bots, poo poo source material, and me hitting the upper limit of how many accounts you can be following at a time (it's around 1800)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ol qwerty bastard posted:

so i'm still kind of trying to simulate planetary cloud bands

i'm getting some interesting results anyway

u culd be the next notch

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

my simulation of a nerd who never gets laid is going really well

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

unixbeard posted:

my simulation of a nerd who never gets laid is going really well

low effort project nice

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
cps: got unity rendering a primitive (constant) wind map on my interactively-deformable blue sphere

tomorrow: interfacing the primitive fluid simulator w/ the primitive wind map

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 29, 2013

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

coffeetable posted:

cps: got unity rendering a primitive (constant) wind map on my interactively-deformable blue sphere

tomorrow: interfacing the primitive fluid simulator w/ the primitive wind map

lookit dat hairy ball

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ill show u a hairy ball :q:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
i went back to my cloud whatever simulator thing and rewrote it using actual navier-stokes this time :pcgaming:
now it gets turbulent flow (that currently builds up and makes it go all hosed eventually because i haven't written any sort of proper planet-spin-is-imparting-momentum-to-atmosphere stuff, i'm just naively adding some constant to the x-component of the vector so it goes out of control, but for now it looks pretty cool and that's what i was trying to accomplish)

how do u make youtube not turn your pixel-perfect simulation output into a lovely blurry mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcfzPZwxu80

the red is supposed to be little vectors showing wind direction but instead they are blobs and streaks

for example here is what one of the frames is supposed to look like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
upload it in superhigh res if you can, that generally improves the converted quality at all resolutions