Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

This highlight from last night should tell anyone all they need to know about why to watch the worms matches.

That rope strat PJ did was unbelievably swag.

vv See, this is the cool thing about Wind Waker. It has the appeal of the older 3d Zeldas, where it's broken as gently caress and you can fly around at ludicrous speeds, but it's also a modern and more "polished" game, so each bug has taken longer and longer to puzzle out and seems to meet resistance from the game itself. Watching the game slowly get shorter and more optimized is really quite something.

Gamma Nerd fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Cosmo's on again playing WW with a new strat where he skips the Delivery Bag.

https://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Trihex is a machine :eyepop: 2:42:55

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I guess that's one way to shut up the people who said that he'd been surpassed by other runners. He just needed to actually play the game.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

http://kotaku.com/watch-the-fastest-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-run-in-th-1218182146

Kotaku wrote an article about Cosmo breaking the WW WR again, but they linked his old run. Comments are about what you'd expect.

It's funny because he has an even newer route and the WR run had a bad ending anyway.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hitze posted:

Trihex is a machine :eyepop: 2:42:55

Glad to see his practice paying off, he was close to getting at one point.

Just a matter of time at this point I feel.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

This highlight from last night should tell anyone all they need to know about why to watch the worms matches.
Aaaaaaaaaaand now I'm the proud owner of a copy of Worms Reloaded. I was initially bummed to see that it's $20 on steam but I found it on Amazon for $5 (Game of the Year edition, too!).
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009H7QEFC/

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Is there any reason to buy a new worms game when Worms Armageddon exists and is still being maintained? Have they actually managed to release a better game yet?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Jeffrey posted:

Is there any reason to buy a new worms game when Worms Armageddon exists and is still being maintained? Have they actually managed to release a better game yet?

I bought Worms Revolution in the steam sale and while I like the new physics and presentation of the single player, the AI is just as bullshit as it was in Armageddon and Reloaded. Every match just has them throwing grenades that take eight bounces and land right next to you, or shooting rockets that hit perfectly across the map. It's either that or taking shotgun shots at walls. Why can't they just make a good single-player experience??

I'd say Reloaded is the best one to get into today. It feels like a modern version of Armageddon, though I'm no Armageddon purist or anything.

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?
Learning FF6 Any%. This was definitely a thing!

http://www.twitch.tv/misterbing13/c/2831684

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Did iateyourpie ever learn of the existence of diagonals in SMRPG?

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
What do you mean by diagonals?

vv You can't do that.

Keyboard Kid fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 29, 2013

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
When he was doing the Cheez-It strats before, he didn't realize you could bounce balls diagonally. Did somebody finally tell him?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Jeffrey posted:

If you're more interested in the higher competitive aspects of worms, probably not. Reloaded is pretty great in the "really dumb fun" department; that's what the PJ and friends crew really play it for. It's a great way to blow off steam when our respective games (or in my case, one game and After Effects/Premiere) are being "less than cooperative."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

higher competitive aspects of worms

That sounds awful, tbh.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Reloaded is also a lot more friendly to work with on modern systems regarding matchmaking, controller support, etc.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Love without borders marathon has apparently began.

http://www.twitch.tv/lwbathon

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I think if PJ & co played Armageddon on a RubberWorm scheme they might erase WormNet from the Internet so it's probably for the best they stick to Reloaded.

Armageddon will always be the most customizable version of Worms since it's continually upgraded via WormKit, but it's all bolt-on to the ancient UI.

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011
Check out what happened on pie's stream today: http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie/c/2840483

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

that Vai sound posted:

Check out what happened on pie's stream today: http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie/c/2840483

Who is that? did he ever mention it?

E: welp

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 30, 2013

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dizz posted:

(9:05:50 PM) iateyourpie: holy poo poo
(9:07:15 PM) iateyourpie: i was in the middle of a run
(9:07:17 PM) iateyourpie: and 4 of my friends
(9:07:20 PM) iateyourpie: just ran into my room
(9:07:21 PM) iateyourpie: and screamed
(9:07:24 PM) iateyourpie: spooked the poo poo out of me

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011

Dizz posted:

One or two of his friends were involved. I think 2dos was the name, or something like that.

Edit: didn't realize there were even more since only one got on camera.

that Vai sound fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 30, 2013

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
All I heard from a friend was that someone ran in his room naked and was jumping around. and the first thing that came to my mind was Peaches.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Dizz posted:

All I heard from a friend was that someone ran in his room naked and was jumping around. and the first thing that came to my mind was Peaches.

Nah, peaches__ moved to California to start working with Riot to turn Speedrunning into an eSport

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Werster is doing the best blindfolded Pokemon Stadium 2 run :allears:

http://www.twitch.tv/werster

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I...I think Werster is pretending to have sex with his pillow on stream.

:edit: Holy poo poo that second to last fight. Won with only 4 hp remaining with a miracle last earthquake.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 30, 2013

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

That Quick Claw :stare:

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Literally everything about that run was amazing.

If you tuned in late, you probably missed the ridiculous battle where he lost 3 continues to a team of confusion users.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Brett824 posted:

Literally everything about that run was amazing.

If you tuned in late, you probably missed the ridiculous battle where he lost 3 continues to a team of confusion users.

I was cackling constantly while he was fighting her. The real kicker was another Girafarig being the first pokemon he fought in the next battle and he didn't recognize the pokemon cry.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Him not figuring out that the first in that confusion spam team was Slowbro lost him a continue. He thought it was a flying type.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Holy poo poo, Dice just broke the Dustforce WR by a full minute. Definitely a runner who deserves more attention.
Reminder that Denferok used to run Dustforce but decided it was too frustrating compared to IWBTG fangames. Seeing someone take this game down at all is impressive to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy3CwbXKRIA

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Gamma Nerd posted:

Holy poo poo, Dice just broke the Dustforce WR by a full minute. Definitely a runner who deserves more attention.
Reminder that Denferok used to run Dustforce but decided it was too frustrating compared to IWBTG fangames. Seeing someone take this game down at all is impressive to me.

(video)

Holy gently caress. I think I was watching Krank's side of that race this afternoon. (Also Youtube muted the video because of copyrights.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Version with sound:

http://www.twitch.tv/dicetherice/c/2845944&utm_%C2%ADcampaign=archive_export&utm_source=dicet%C2%ADherice&utm_medium=youtube

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
In other news, my favorite Monkey Ball 2 streamer, Fearow, set a Story Mode WR while drunk as gently caress. 34:44.82!

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Just to let folks know, The Sunday Sequence Break is taking a Sunday Holiday Break today. No show today, as Flicky's out of town, and a couple of the backstage gang have been focused with LWB-a-thon most of last week and this weekend.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Man, new Castlevania SotN Low% strats is making Cosmo the happiest I've seen him in months.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Joshimuz just missed sub-6 in GTA:SA during a race by something like 48 seconds. New WR but he's clearly a bit salty.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, odd question, but I guess it's somewhat related to this thread. Is there a sound file of the minotaur from Catechumen going "AROOOOOOOO" floating around anywhere? One of my buddies wants it for a ringtone. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Volt Catfish posted:

Man, new Castlevania SotN Low% strats is making Cosmo the happiest I've seen him in months.

Cosmo was talking poo poo to Yashichi yesterday. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
What on earth for?

• Locked thread