Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

bpc908 posted:

Screenshots from the GCCX 3DS game

Looks pretty good, the graphics style is different, it kinda reminds me more of Colecovision then a NES. If they port this, I'll have to scrape up the money for a 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I'm not going to doubt that the US is going to get this. I mean we're getting Senran Kagura in the US, nobody expected that game to be localized

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

bpc908 posted:

I mean we're getting Senran Kagura in the US, nobody expected that game to be localized

I should not have looked that up in a public place.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hey, did you notice a little something missing from the 102 consecutive episodes? Like, maybe an episode or three were missing just a little something? Well then shove this into your Game Center CX folder! While we previously translated the entire episode, Arino's Clock Tower challenge is now a part of the Retro Game Master DVD set, so we took the excluded segments, gave the subtitles a bit of a massage and a fixing-up, and now you can enjoy this new translation of Episode 53's non-challenge segments: now with translation hindsight!

Download torrent81 (1 files; 165.36 MB)
View torrent stats

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the release! It's funny that Arino plays Rygar arcade version here and even says "I wonder if we can do that as a challenge?" since I've been hoping for him to take on the NES version for ever. It was one of the first games I got for my NES and it's still one of my all-time favourites.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Viscous Soda posted:

Looks pretty good, the graphics style is different, it kinda reminds me more of Colecovision then a NES.

The color depth is far too good for Colecovision. I'm thinking PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Hakkesshu posted:

Anyone else think those look kind of bad/plain compared to the last game? When the logo treatment is the most impressive part, I'm not getting excited.

I think it's a combination of the larger/higher-rez screen and having to design for 3d. Neither really lends itself to an authentic retro look.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Anyone else think those look kind of bad/plain compared to the last game? When the logo treatment is the most impressive part, I'm not getting excited.

They're way too colorful to pass for NES/Famicom games, in my opinion. Palette limitations are part of the retro look, and you can't just go disregarding that.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Hey, you used my photo, neat (no, no sarcasm)

Lik
Apr 8, 2013

Kachou ON!
My OST finally arrived. Yay.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Man. I can't believe I missed that the SECRET LETTERS in the Ikki challenge were that simple to decode. I got as far as SO WE FART and decided i was either right, or it was better than the real answer.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
They should have sent a letter in with the secret word on it. Maybe the game is lovely enough, that nobody bothered to enter the contest, and they could have won something.

Or at least receive an amusing reply they could put on a future episode.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 25, 2013

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ponzicar posted:

They should have sent a letter in with the secret word on it. Maybe the game is lovely enough, that nobody bothered to enter the contest, and they could have won something.

Or at least receive an amusing reply they could put on a future episode.

They probably would have gotten something, because the same thing happened in the Wing of Madoola episode. It was Sunsoft there, too. Arino found a secret word, but couldn't find the postcard to send it in with, so he instead called Sunsoft up and asked if he could get something if he just sent the word in on a regular postcard (or something like that). He was told he wouldn't win anything (because they didn't have the special prize in storage anymore), but got sent some small Hebereke plushies instead.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

TheMcD posted:

They probably would have gotten something, because the same thing happened in the Wing of Madoola episode. It was Sunsoft there, too. Arino found a secret word, but couldn't find the postcard to send it in with, so he instead called Sunsoft up and asked if he could get something if he just sent the word in on a regular postcard (or something like that). He was told he wouldn't win anything (because they didn't have the special prize in storage anymore), but got sent some small Hebereke plushies instead.

Sunsoft did lots of such contest. I know Super Arabian had one, too.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

GCCX DVD Box 10! Around Christmas, as always. Doesn't seem to say what's on it yet (as always), but it mentions the Paris special will air in October, if that wasn't known here already.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

The only new information there is that it will contain another trading card, randomly selected from a set of 3.
It also says there will be 15 trading cards in total - in addition to the 3 available with this DVD box, and the 3 available with the CD, there will be 3 available with the Budokan event, 3 with the 3DS game, and 3 with the movie.

Collect them all.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

More info on the Budokan Live Challenge

quote:

先日のお台場合衆国イベントでは暑い中、多くの方にご参加いただきありがとうございました!

当日は「ゲームセンターCX 有野の挑戦 in武道館」のチラシも配布させていただきましたが、そのデザインがこちらです!!

そして、武道館イベント、いよいよ
今週末の31日から一般指定席の先行受付が始まります!

また、チケットぴあでの先行受付(8月31日~9月4日)では、若干の枚数ではございますが、スーパーアリーノシートの二次受付も行います!!

~「ゲームセンターCX 有野の挑戦 in 武道館」チケット情報~

■スーパーアリーノシート(限定グッズ付アリーナ席/先行受付のみの販売):8,000円(税込)
■一般指定席  前売:¥5,000(税込)当日:5,500円(税込)

<先行受付スケジュール>
○チケットぴあ先行受付:8月31日(土)11時~9月4日(水)11時
 ※ぴあでは上記スケジュールにてスーパーアリーノシート二次受付も行います。
○イープラス先行受付:9月5日(木)12時~9月8日(日)18時
○ローソンチケット先行受付:9月8日(日)13時~9月11日(水)23時

<一般発売スケジュール>
9月14日(土)10時~
○チケットぴあ(初日特電:0570-02-9535 発売日以降:0570-02-9999 Pコード:624-348)
○ローソンチケット(初日特電:0570-084-635 発売日以降:0570-08-4003 Lコード:32268)
○イープラス http://eplus.jp/

Translation:

quote:

As many people participating in hot weather in the Odaiba United States event the other day, thank you very much!

Whats let me distribute flyers game Center CX arino no challenge in Budokan on the day, but its design is here!

And the Budokan Hall event, I'm
31 Of the weekend starts with prior acceptance of General seats!

Also, ticket PIA in's predecessor was 8 月 31 日-9/4, is there some number of secondary reception of スーパーアリーノ sheet will do!

-Game Center CX arino no challenge in Budokan ticket information ~

■ スーパーアリーノ sheets (sold only limited edition toy with arena seats, early admission): 8,000 yen (tax excluded)
■ designated seating advance: ¥ 5,000 (tax included) day: 5,500 yen (tax included)

[Reception schedule:
1 Ticket PIA advance: 8 月 31 日 ( 土 ) 11 時 ~ 9 月 4 日 ( 水 ) 11 時
* PIA スーパーアリーノ sheet 2: reception will be served in the above schedule.
1 * EPlus prior admission: 9/5
1 * Lawson ticket: 9/8

[General release schedule:
9/14--
1 Ticket PIA ( first day of dispatch: 0570-02-9535 release date or later: 0570-02-9999 P-code: 624-348 )
1 * Lawson ticket ( first day of dispatch: 0570-084-635 release date or later: 0570-08-4003 L code: 32268 )
1 * EPlus http://eplus.jp/

Also a poster for the challenge

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Holy crap, I need that framed on my wall asap.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adamant posted:

The only new information there is that it will contain another trading card, randomly selected from a set of 3.
It also says there will be 15 trading cards in total - in addition to the 3 available with this DVD box, and the 3 available with the CD, there will be 3 available with the Budokan event, 3 with the 3DS game, and 3 with the movie.

Collect them all.
But which one will have the Abe card?!?!

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

quakster posted:

But which one will have the Abe card?!?!

You'll just have to buy stuff until you find out. It's a brilliant scheme.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Gutcruncher posted:

Holy crap, I need that framed on my wall asap.

They're going to hand them out as flyers at Tokyo Game Show. Any goons going this year?

Kan posted in his twitter about laughing at three men making car-boats on a foreign car show. Top Gear?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

zari-gani posted:

They're going to hand them out as flyers at Tokyo Game Show. Any goons going this year?

Kan posted in his twitter about laughing at three men making car-boats on a foreign car show. Top Gear?

As they did that in not one, but two episodes (that I know of), odds are good!

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

Adamant posted:

You'll just have to buy stuff until you find out. It's a brilliant scheme.

You'll have to trade in a full set to get the Abe card, and only have a one in three chance of getting the gold foil variant with the action shot alternate art. Have fun.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Chronomaster posted:

You'll have to trade in a full set to get the Abe card, and only have a one in three chance of getting the gold foil variant with the action shot alternate art. Have fun.

What about a lenticular card from when Arino rode on the back of the arcade bike with him?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Fooley posted:

What about a lenticular card from when Arino rode on the back of the arcade bike with him?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

zari-gani posted:

My wife and I are going to Japan the second half of September, and we'll be at TGS on Saturday. :D

If GCCX is there and I get to see/meet them my life will be complete.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

Dr. Eldarion posted:

If GCCX is there and I get to see/meet them my life will be complete.

Get one of those XL Tanii shirts, I think they have a few left to get rid of.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Eponymous posted:

Get one of those XL Tanii shirts, I think they have a few left to get rid of.

They haven't been around for the past few years, IIRC.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
So I just wanted to come back to this thread because hey, it's awesome to see you're all still translating and stuff. Also OH MY GOD YES CLOCK TOWER-wait no these are just segments...OH WELL :neckbeard: thanks for putting that up guys!

Anyways, I forgot to mention this but a month or so back, my home city of Dundee decided to put up a pretty neat thing! See, Dundee, Scotland is basically the birthplace of:

these little guys, built by a local sculptor who wanted to symbolise one of the great contributions to the world from this city.

So, just on a whim, I decided to tweet this pic to Chief Arino AND HE REPLIED!

quote:

@FinalGamerJames: 私はレミングスが作成されたダンディー、スコットランドの街で生まれ、つい最近、彼らは名誉それらに彫刻を作りました!

@arimorokoshi415: 凄い!それを建ててくれる土地柄も!

Loose Google Translate as:

@FinalGamerJames: Lemmings was created in my home city of Dundee, Scotland, so we recently built a sculpture to honour them! (link to above picture)

@arimorokoshi415: Amazing! Locality who built it too!

I think he enjoyed seeing more Lemmings appreciation finally :D

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 30, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

FinalGamer posted:

So, just on a whim, I decided to tweet this pic to Chief Arino AND HE REPLIED!

That's awesome. Your town is awesome.

Hey, look who's appearing on Doraemon again.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

It's only a matter of time until they're in the Doraemon Toyota commercials

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

So I swear I remember an interview or something where Arino joked that the soundtrack was really lackluster and he thought it was dumb for people to buy it... does anyone remember this or know where to find it or am I just making poo poo up in my mind?

I just got the soundtrack and, put simply, I'm actually in love with how it just feels randomly thrown together, it kind of fits that GCCX spirit somehow. The fact that I thought Arino himself said not to buy it was icing on the cake for me, but I don't remember where he said that :(

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:

Andronian posted:

So I swear I remember an interview or something where Arino joked that the soundtrack was really lackluster and he thought it was dumb for people to buy it... does anyone remember this or know where to find it or am I just making poo poo up in my mind?

I just got the soundtrack and, put simply, I'm actually in love with how it just feels randomly thrown together, it kind of fits that GCCX spirit somehow. The fact that I thought Arino himself said not to buy it was icing on the cake for me, but I don't remember where he said that :(

You might be confusing it with the recent J Legend Retsuden interview, where he derails the topic and advises children not to play retro games unless they want a hardcore history lesson.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Packaging aside, I think the soundtrack kind of blows. Would've loved two discs; one with "show" music (like the Hiwou/TamaGe songs helLO) and one with more game music, but I guess it was enough of a licensing nightmare either way.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

bpc908 posted:

It's only a matter of time until they're in the Doraemon Toyota commercials

Regarding this, is there a reason alluvion.org turned into a Mazda forum?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

That's awesome. Your town is awesome.

Hey, look who's appearing on Doraemon again.

At least he got to bring Hamaguchi with him this time!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
And Hamaguchi got to bring his fish!

Seriously, that man is "death to fish" incarnate. If I ever get around to making an effort post on some of the Yoiko specials I've got, you'll be amazed at the amount of stuff he pulls in.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Grawl posted:

Same reason the emoticon plugin site is a website for some author
http://sae.tweek.us/

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Grawl posted:

drat, did they forget to pay for the domain name and it got bought up by someone else? I guess this is my chance to show off MY RATIO before I have to remove them all from my torrent client.

It's been a good run :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Well, it IS like Top Gear after all!