Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Added a bet on Guida/Mendes starting round 3 at -222. $11.49 to win $5.18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Down to just needing Pettis to win on a 5 fight parlay of Tibau, Poirier, Rothwell, Barnett, and Pettis. 5 for 120. So Henderson is now a lock, get your picks in while you still can

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
Throw 50 bucks on Henderson while you can, hedge that poo poo

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Just put 5 bucks to win 45 on Benson by submission because I'm a degenerate gambler and a moron.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001

Fentry posted:

Down to just needing Pettis to win on a 5 fight parlay of Tibau, Poirier, Rothwell, Barnett, and Pettis. 5 for 120. So Henderson is now a lock, get your picks in while you still can

:)

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fentry posted:

:hf:

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
e: nm got my Koreans mixed up

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Fentry posted:

This thread is a cool thread

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Fentry posted:

Awesome, congrats!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fentry posted:

you had a 5 fight parlay correctly picking 2 heavyweight fights. that's more impressive than my 12 fight parlay win. bravo.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Fentry posted:

drat. Well done.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fentry posted:

While seeing people fail is highly entertaining, this is cool too.

Props.

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Unless Jacare's striking and cardio have improved significantly and Okami forgot how to sprawl, I'd be all over Okami at +190 this Wednesday.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

world b lee posted:

Unless Jacare's striking and cardio have improved significantly

From what, 2011? Because that was the last time his striking looked like it'd have much trouble with Okami.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i've ended up money the last couple of events so i'm going to keep going until i lose horribly
  • Jorge, Martins, Villefort, Spencer - 5.00
  • "Kevin" Souza - 2.50 for 6.56
  • Bagautinov - 2.50 for 3.33
  • Bagautinov, Natal, Trinaldo, Benavidez, Okami & Teixeira - 5.00 for 85.09
  • Benavidez, Okami & Teixeira/Bader goes over 1.5 rds - 10.00 for 55.20
  • Natal & Teixeira wins in Rd 3 - 5.00 for 53.33
  • Jacare Souza by Submission & Teixeira by K.O. - 5.00 for 42.00
  • Benavidez, Okami & Bader - 6.66 for 91.34 HAIL SATAN gently caress BRAZIL

fAIL

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 5, 2013

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Okami as a two to one underdog, worth a gamble?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Captain Log posted:

Sure. Okami is one of the best in the world. He lacks heart, that's about it.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Captain Log posted:

I certainly would.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've known about Souza forever but have about a combined thirty seconds of actual memory in my head for judging him. My gut said Okami shouldn't be that big of an underdog.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Okami made me some money against Lombard. Yushin Okami, thank you

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Sure. Okami is one of the best in the world. He lacks heart, that's about it.

What matches, exactly, has Okami demonstrated this alleged lack of heart in

syxxcowz
Jan 27, 2006

by angerbeet
Not sure why Okami is the underdog here, i think hes going to stuff any takedown thrown at him and sit behind his jab and earn the decision. Jacares athleticism evens up the striking a bit, but there is no reason he should be the favorite

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Okami crumbled in the third versus Lombard and Boetsch (and sort of versus Belcher, but that fight was so one-sided it didn't matter), but I don't think that was failure of heart. I'm not entirely sure why it was.

And yeah, Jacare is an amazing grappler, but Okami can throw a jab and stuff takedowns all day. I picture it looking like his fight with Munoz.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

What matches, exactly, has Okami demonstrated this alleged lack of heart in

He seemed to give up in the Silva fight after he couldn't take him down in the first and then got jabbed a couple of times, but most guys end up like that when facing Anderson Silva so that's not a knock against Okami. However, in the Boetsch and Lombard fights I think Okami showed a slight lack of heart. Boetsch started pressuring him a bit he didn't know how to react and then got TKO'd, and then recently when Lombard came on strong in the 3rd round he almost got TKO'd again, but Lombard kind of sucks so Okami was able to recover. Okami hasn't been put in a situation too many times because he's better than most people in the division, but when he gets pressured he doesn't seem to react very well to it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

However, in the Boetsch and Lombard fights I think Okami showed a slight lack of heart. Boetsch started pressuring him a bit he didn't know how to react and then got TKO'd, and then recently when Lombard came on strong in the 3rd round he almost got TKO'd again, but Lombard kind of sucks so Okami was able to recover.

You know that "heart" and "chin" are different words, right

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

also probably worth noting Okami has never been submitted

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Boetsch threw the loving kitchen sink at Okami in the form of uppercuts. It would have startled anyone.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
The Okami-Souza fight is too close for comfort, if I was a gambling man I'd much rather bet my money on a parlay involving the likes of Benavidez or the russian sambo champion who's fighting a TUF Brazil reject with subpar grappling.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Max Awfuls posted:

The Okami-Souza fight is too close for comfort,

that's why a gambling man takes okami at 2to1

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

that's why a gambling man takes okami at 2to1

I'm a gambling man.

I'm also considering this a very confident post with a high post bravery index.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Not interested in any other fights on the card, all my plays are on Okami/Souza.

$10.00 to win $32.60: Okami wins by 3 round decision +326*
$10.00 to win $5.75: Okami/Souza starts round 3 -174* vs Fight won't start round 3
$10.00 to win $6.90: Okami/Souza goes 3 round distance -145* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
$5.00 to win $85.00 Pending 9/4/13 7:30pm Props Fighting 1419 Troeng wins in round 3 +1700* vs Any other result
$5.00 to win $16.30 Pending 9/4/13 9:00pm Props Fighting 1107 Okami wins by 3 round decision +326* vs Not Okami by 3 round decision

Just something to make the card watchable.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

every post in this thread posted:

hahahaha

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Howdy, everybody who inexplicably thought Jacare was going to be outstruck

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

You know that "heart" and "chin" are different words, right

Okay, so you were right fatherdog. I was thinking that Okami's chin is the problem, not his heart.

Sorry for all you dudes that bet on Okami. He still is one of the best.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Thank you MMA bettors

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?

fatherdog posted:

Howdy, everybody who inexplicably thought Jacare was going to be outstruck

Okami still stuffed all the takedowns :colbert:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My one dollar Formiga/Okami/Bader parlay isn't looking too hot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm glad my $5 on Okami provided entertainment. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

Ryan Bader +295 cause gently caress it