Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

That is a drat good looking bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

SaNChEzZ posted:

You forgot the $154 price tag, which is surprisingly cheap for hipster gear of that caliber.

At that price you'd be better off wearing whatever you want over something like this:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Icon sells an armored hoodie.

PU SYNTHETIC LEATHER ELBOW PATCHES

Whoa: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-1000-hoodlux-hoody?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=COWHxPHcrLkCFSgS7AodBmUAiQ

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

HNasty posted:

Not a joke

Would wear the poo poo out of that snowboarding but gently caress that for on a motorcycle

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

The Go Go Gear hoodie is better. CE armor in the elbows, shoulders, back and Kevlar-lined at impact points. They are nice.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gullous posted:

At that price you'd be better off wearing whatever you want over something like this:

That looks like a great jacket to wear when you want to go to Comicon and cosplay as a videogame spacemarine.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

notZaar posted:

That looks like a great jacket to wear when you want to go to Comicon and cosplay as a videogame spacemarine.

Or ride dirt bikes really fast next to big trees, also it's not a jacket it's supposed to go under you Jersey. It's amazing how many of the people who are all "hurrr your gear looks like power rangers hurrr" have never had a serious crash or just putt around on their motorcycles in town.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Friday night I went on a ride to Times Square with a shop I used to work for. The shop specializes in putting LED kits on bikes (mostly wheels), so I knew the ride would be entertaining. It had a good spread of different bikes too:

This guy claimed that he didn't like Star Wars that much, but his painter really wanted to do more than flames.

This guy liked Assasin's Creed and the Steelers.

This was Wonder Woman themed, but also had some Superman logos on it.

Surprisingly only one extended swingarm.

I was expecting a similarly done Monster themed bike.

Then a group called the "Phat Boyz" showed up who all rode M109s.

After riding through Times Square, we parked and took up pretty much an entire block:

I had my GoPro going on the actual ride. Everything you can think of that's terrible about group rides, short of anyone crashing, happened. Plus more since it's NYC on a Friday night before a long weekend.

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

Deeters posted:

Then a group called the "Phat Boyz" showed up who all rode M109s.
Gotta say I like kryptonite bike.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

HNasty posted:

Words of a man who has never actually been hit by anything.

Worst thing I've been hit by in the face was like 5 locusts all at once. I stand by my previous statement on how that feels.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I hope the FZ09 takes off like the SV650 has... I'd love to race one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pope Mobile posted:

Hey guys what's going on in this thr- :stare:

Are those blinkers at the bottom of the first image? I thought it was dual exhaust at first, but the second image shows a shorty exhaust.

E: whoa new page that answers that question

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 2, 2013

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
Saw my first Honda Valkyrie today. Holy crap. I liked it.

For those who haven't seen them:

Vanilla:

With sprinkles:

IDKWTF:

The one I actually saw:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Needs a twin turbo setup.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Hondabusa

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Stugazi posted:

With sprinkles:

That's a Rune, not a Valkyrie. Not sure how much they have in common - check the front fork out, they were works of art.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Much like rim tape on most motorcycles, anodised orange parts will add around 5HP to any KTM.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its nice that they sent you a kettle with it as well

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Made in Italy :cry:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CZ is Czech Republic

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Linedance posted:

CZ is Czech Republic

The chain is Italian, made for KTM by Regina (who are perfectly competent chain manufacturers). It is also orange.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

ReelBigLizard posted:

Much like rim tape on most motorcycles, anodised orange parts will add around 5HP to any KTM.

I've been thinkin' about plastidipping my swingarm orange. It's not a KTM, just an orange Suzuki. Has anyone done this? I'm guessing it'll just get shredded and covered with goop, but it might be fun for a minute.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

Snowdens Secret posted:

That's a Rune, not a Valkyrie. Not sure how much they have in common - check the front fork out, they were works of art.

They are actually called the Valkyrie Rune. They are to the 1800 Goldwing what the plain old Valkyrie is to the 1500 Goldwing. They were very expensive compared to the beloved 1500 model, and combined with a global economic downturn didn't sell worth a gently caress. They're a pretty rare sight as a result.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

thylacine posted:

I've been thinkin' about plastidipping my swingarm orange. It's not a KTM, just an orange Suzuki. Has anyone done this? I'm guessing it'll just get shredded and covered with goop, but it might be fun for a minute.

People in AI plastidip their rims and it lasts a looong time (I think one goon had em be virtually unmarred after a year?). Needs a good 5 coats though.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

thylacine posted:

Huh, I've been thinking about getting my swing arm powder coated as it happens. I'm thinking a mid grey though.

Related: Does anyone know of a good bedliner type coating that will bond to ABS panels? I'm thinking about swapping out to all black panels on the KTM, but the black looks poo poo when it starts to get scratched up, I reckon that rough/matte bedliner look would look pretty sweet.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
You can dye most plastics by boiling them with a water soluble dye/ink. I can't remember what it's called but a quick google search should turn it up.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Oh I know, that's not the issue. Gloss black ABS just looks like poo poo in really short order. I'm talking about getting a full set of black replacement panels (yay cheap dirt bike panels) then spraying them in matte bedliner so they stay looking better for longer, like this guy I just found on ADV:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

ReelBigLizard posted:

Huh, I've been thinking about getting my swing arm powder coated as it happens. I'm thinking a mid grey though.

Related: Does anyone know of a good bedliner type coating that will bond to ABS panels? I'm thinking about swapping out to all black panels on the KTM, but the black looks poo poo when it starts to get scratched up, I reckon that rough/matte bedliner look would look pretty sweet.

Krylon makes a hammered version of their fusion plastic spray paint, that might work.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

ReelBigLizard posted:

Oh I know, that's not the issue. Gloss black ABS just looks like poo poo in really short order. I'm talking about getting a full set of black replacement panels (yay cheap dirt bike panels) then spraying them in matte bedliner so they stay looking better for longer, like this guy I just found on ADV:

It would probably fail on plastics, but I painted my DRZ tank with Rustoleum bedliner and it turned out pretty drat good. It's actually holding up to my knees rubbing on the tank pretty well.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Plastidip will do the same thing.

Not just for wheels!

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7HWGgNZ_nA

harleyrider.flv

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

not pictured: countersteering

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mootmoot gets a harley.flv

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Had to laugh at the one comment where they were wondering what went wrong. "Was your entry speed too fast or could you not get the bike down any farther?" As if he wasn't going 25 miles an hour and had any lean at all.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Why in the hell do people post their own videos of that kind of behavior?

Nice Seca.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Don't know why but all of a sudden I really, really want a 990 Super Duke.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Yerok posted:

It would probably fail on plastics, but I painted my DRZ tank with Rustoleum bedliner and it turned out pretty drat good. It's actually holding up to my knees rubbing on the tank pretty well.

It holds up pretty well on plastics. My friend did his Ulysses up in Rustoleum bedliner. To wash it he just pressure sprays it and it's been good for like 3 years or so. The trick with doing plastics is to scuff them with some coarse sandpaper.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Why in the hell do people post their own videos of that kind of behavior?

Because they are so clueless about the skills or general knowledge needed to ride proficiently they don't realize how terrible they actually are.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

The Duc tail really helps to make it look less 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did someone actually make the ZTL brakes for Buell, or was it something they made in-house? I know most manufacturers shy away from doing their own brakes these days.