Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
August 28th. Today is official the 20th Anniversary.

EDIT: I'm going to leave this here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYEDOUBlFQQ

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wow, I feel old. At least the franchise is thriving again according to this article.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I guess that means I should light any green candles I have. And when they go out, somebody should check if Tommy is still alive.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Sockser posted:

Especially the bad dude in the upper right.

He's not really a Kyoryuger. He's a monster in disguise!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm not entirely sure how, but I've been watching a fuckload of Go-Busters over the past week or so. It's really good, but I can see how it might be lard to localise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Coq au Nandos posted:

I'm not entirely sure how, but I've been watching a fuckload of Go-Busters over the past week or so. It's really good, but I can see how it might be lard to localise.

How, exactly? Nothing is really japanese about it or the storyline. The biggest hurdle is making a villain anywhere near as good as Enter.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tae posted:

How, exactly? Nothing is really japanese about it or the storyline. The biggest hurdle is making a villain anywhere near as good as Enter.

I agree, Enter is tres bien.

I think the difficulty is going to come from working out a way to include Buddyroids that doesn't come across as ham-fisted, and likely from strangling a show name out of the GB initials that appear on most of their stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Coq au Nandos posted:

I agree, Enter is tres bien.

I think the difficulty is going to come from working out a way to include Buddyroids that doesn't come across as ham-fisted, and likely from strangling a show name out of the GB initials that appear on most of their stuff.

Considering Samurai and Megaforce, I don't think they really care about "effort." And this is the franchise that created Alpha.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tae posted:

Considering Samurai and Megaforce, I don't think they really care about "effort." And this is the franchise that created Alpha.

poo poo, what was I thinking.

Look out for Power Rangers: Glitter Bandits, coming to a television near you in 2015.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Tae posted:

There's a lot of non-transformed fight footage, and most of the suit-up sequences aren't stock footage.

That's all I can think of as to how it would be hard to adapt.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

mikeycp posted:

There's a lot of non-transformed fight footage, and most of the suit-up sequences aren't stock footage.

That's all I can think of as to how it would be hard to adapt.

The non-transformed fight footage can just be more scenes between the lifeless characters pretending to have emotions and considering how they're going about adapting Gokaiger by making it a Super Mode (Still don't know the gently caress's that about), editing what is relatively an easy morph sequence shouldn't be a problem.

Unless they hire an editor from a backwater swamp computer school or something.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Their deal with Toei says they can't skip seasons and Nick only wants 26 episodes per season so a Gokai adaption would have to either ignore a bunch of seasons, squish teams together or just have no actaul plot developments of its own to work. I can see why they'd rather just slot in the "established" Megaforce cast and finish their plots out.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Coq au Nandos posted:

Look out for Power Rangers: Glitter Bandits, coming to a television near you in 2015.

Sounds fabulous :sparkles:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I meant why make it even a Super mode, just have them wear the Gokai suits so they don't have to go Goseiger->Gokaiger->Other Form. That is unless they do want to do that because they can't write characters for poo poo with the time saved.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I would have thought Go-busters would be easy to bring over. I mean they have megazords and they morph.

I'm just excited for the explanation of why the Goseiger suits turn into pirates. Maybe they'll do like the Ivan Ooze movie and have them come up with mystical pirate powers.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

"Adam? What's wrong?"

"I'm a racecar."

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Pasteurized Milk posted:

I would have thought Go-busters would be easy to bring over. I mean they have megazords and they morph.

GoBusters also utilized very little stock footage outside megazord combinations, meaning they'll either have to create some or do the same thing as GoBusters and not use any for morphing sequences or create their own. Luckily, all the finishing moves are already in-suit so they just have to be careful with their editing. Chances are they'll create some since doing it like GoBusters would cost quite a bit more money on the whole. Then you also have the Buddyroids since they're an integral part of the Buster Machine cockpits and make several appearances in all the in-suit footage. You'd have to create new cockpit sets and film all new footage to ignore them, so they'll be used in some capacity. Furthermore you also have the problem of Stag Buster, who acts exactly like J and has very robotic movements when he's not in combat. He's also too big of a doofus to write him in as some badass cyborg ranger. So you have to have to localize J as basically his same character and then you have to have a good (and equally goofy) Beet Buster to pair him with.

Beyond all that, you have to deal with some other factors. Since Enter and Escape created basically every Metaroid, you need new footage there to introduce the MOTW unless you just have it walk onto the scene unintroduced. You're going to need new footage and boss monsters anyways for the enemy headquarters since Enter and Escape didn't have "monster" forms until very late in the series, so you have to shoot new stuff there and edit around any scenes Enter and Escape were in until you can use them. In a perfect world Enter and Escape would both speak fluent english and just perform their roles again, but c'est la vie. Additionally, all the monsters in the last quarter of the series have big red parts with MESSIAH printed on them, so you have to work something around those too.

Basically, the GoBusters adaptation will take a lot of time, money, and effort to be nearly as good and I have very low expectations after Samurai and Megaforce. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sounds like they should just do it like RPM: Take the whole concept and work it into a very different but awesome thing.

What I'm saying is, is that RPM owns.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Just release it as is. Subtitled.

Kids will loving flip over Gorisaki and Nick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They can't possibly mess up the Gobuster roll call right? Right?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

They can't possibly mess up the Gobuster roll call right? Right?
"Red Cheetah Ranger!"
"Blue Gorilla Ranger!"
"Yellow Rabbit Ranger!"
"Gold Armored Ranger!"
"Silver Armored Ranger!"
"Power Rangers... MOVE OUT!"

I for one, look forward to Power Rangers: Glasses Beasts in 2014

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Holding out hope on Green Hippopotamus and Black Puma becoming real members of the team.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Reminder that new episodes of Megaforce start Sept. 7

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The Legacy Collection price just got announced and ouch it's 650 bucks. I was going to snag a set but that price is way higher than I'd thought it be.

http://www.powerrangerslegacycollec...6d03fa-88581541

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Neo Helbeast posted:

The Legacy Collection price just got announced and ouch it's 650 bucks. I was going to snag a set but that price is way higher than I'd thought it be.

http://www.powerrangerslegacycollec...6d03fa-88581541

Ouch indeed.

Though I guess that's like $0.84 an episode or something. Its not too bad but honestly I'm not a big enough fan to purchase that, not at that price.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I really don't understand why people think Go-busters would be so hard to adapt. Everything SpazmasterX listed can easily be worked around, and has been in the past. They always create original morphing sequences nowadays and Buddyroids are just more toys to sell. They've worked with way harder Sentai in the past and managed to make it work. Seriously, after RPM anything is possible.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Wasn't Go-Busters supposed to be Toei purposely making a show they felt would be easy for adaptation, as a way of apologizing for how incredibly unfriendly Gokaiger would be to an adaptation? I remember hearing rumors of that back when people were still throwing hissy fits over LET'S MORPHIN and MEGAZORDS, but that could be as much apocrypha as the dumbass rumors about Kamen Rider Hibiki.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Seriously, after RPM anything is possible.

RPM was Disney, this is Saban that doesn't want to pay union aka better actors.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tae posted:

RPM was Disney, this is Saban that doesn't want to pay union aka better actors.

Or Writers given the dreck of a plot that was served up. Still, Saban could just crib RPM and run from there.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
You say that as if the Disney seasons didn't have tons of bad actors as well. My point is, if a goofy Sentai about talking cars can be adapted into a gritty post apocalyptic series anything is possible.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Didn't RPM go way over budget and kill Power Rangers?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

Had it killed Power Rangers, we wouldn't be here discussing the upcoming Super Megaforce and whatever they turn GoBusters into.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

No, Disney was going to kill power rangers regardless and RPM was the disney crew's "In Space" season where they used up every last cent in the budget (Which wasn't much).

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Watch Saban do a completely unironic version of Dobutsu Sentai Go-Busters.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dr Tran posted:

No, Disney wanted to drop the show after Jungle Fury. I believe RPM only existed because of contractual obligations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

No, Disney wanted to drop the show after Jungle Fury. I believe RPM only existed because of contractual obligations.

Wasn't it Bandai wanting to keep selling toys?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
There were absolutely budget and/or schedule/production problems with RPM. That's why the head writer was given the boot mid series and Judd Lynn was brought back in.

It didn't have anything to do with the show being "killed" (as said, that had already been decided) but it did happen.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy crap, they're wearing different clothes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This is the first episode of Megaforce I had the opportunity to watch. Oh boy, this acting. At least Robo Knight is a poor mans RoboCop and that's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Robo Knight is making me feel worse about that Robocop reboot.