Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A. Barkof, if we want to travel the world we'll have to learn to defend ourselves.
F. Zebanetha, I'm still holding out for saving Athar from the shark god, so we'll need to know about El.
H. With Rathal, if we don't want to be an ignorant savage we need to learn to read and figure.

B. El, the majority view. At this point we really have no reason to go against the tide.

B. Believe in the majority faith, El.

I. Faradnu. It makes sense we'd like the same one as Danal.
B. Smattas, the badass who saved us.

E. I don't know! Identity is hard. Especially for teenagers.

A. Are shocked but pleasantly so, wrap your arms around her and kiss. -- It's not the smart thing to do, but teenagers have bad judgement. She's older, she should know better.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

G. Ishamal. Storytellers are child catnip, and we if we're serious about travelling his knowledge will be invaluable. Plus I wanna know where he disappears to. :colbert:
A. Barokf. Fighting always comes in handy, and he seriously impressed us on our journey to the city.
E. Ephat. If a magical flute appears in the first act it must be used by the third. Chekov's flute.

2. B The Melachim sound a lot more interesting to me storywise, but at this point in our lives I think our character would still be too impressed by El to turn away from him.

3. B + D+ A We've felt what we think are El and Ashera so we believe in both of them; but we also found that strange godly supply depot, and that leaves unresolved questions in our minds.

4. F The sea calls to us.

5. D Athar will always define much of us, but it hasn't flet like 'home' for a logn time. Zepath too contains people we love, but it never feels quite like we belong here either. Teen angst.

6. Well, with a name like Naomi you hadta know she was going to be interested in the outlander. A Common sense says not to get involved, but hormones and upbringing say otherwise. We'll meet hormones and sense halfway with just a kiss. Hey, Pargalı Ibrahim Pasha started out a slave and married Suleiman the Magnificent's sister Hatice Sultan, so maybe it'll work out in the end!

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 5, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. E, E, E
2. B
3. B
4. H
5. E... It's a confusing age to be at.
6. B

I really like the flute.

Changing 2 to
2: A: I pray to no-one. It's not that I don't believe in them, but my experiences growing up have shown that they're just better left alone, unless it's a real emergency. These super-powers play games with mortals, and I want to stay far away from them. Additionally, whatever we've been told about them, whatever the customs are, we're pretty sure that there's a lot more going on; instead of bumbling into what we don't understand, we'll let them tell us what they want, if it comes to it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 5, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1: C, A, I: That's Tudiya, Barkof (as martial interests are bound to come up, and be required if we are to explore the dangerous world), and Swimming in the rivers. Ishamal and Ephat would be cool too. Or that old priest guy. I don't trust whats-her-name though.

2: A: I pray to no-one. It's not that I don't believe in them, but my experiences growing up have shown that they're just better left alone, unless it's a real emergency. These super-powers play games with mortals, and I want to stay far away from them. Additionally, whatever we've been told about them, whatever the customs are, we're pretty sure that there's a lot more going on; instead of bumbling into what we don't understand, we'll let them tell us what they want, if it comes to it.

3: A: Still uncertain. Or more precisely, still certain that there's a lot more going on, and that trying to claim one god or gods above any others, without more proof, is foolhardy.

4: F: Yafef. Patron of our past, he who keeps uncle Jorah safe, he with whom we swim in the rivers. We wonder if, secretly, he might be one of Asherah's children, but one of the good ones. If not, hell, he's still all about rivers, which are almost the sea. They're the closest we can get to our one-time companion.

5: C: Both. We wouldn't claim a great affinity for our old tribe, we don't hold to their ways, but in our soul we will never be entirely of the city, our blood sings of the coast and the salt spray, and the old stories of Athar, Asherah, and the wild rituals are etched into our bones.

6: A: Doooo it.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Diogines posted:

There is an Ophanim associated with exploration, commerce, trade and travel, Damat. He is popular among traders and it is believed in the city that he guided Zepa to the spot where Zepath was built.

Aha, edited my post to vote for him.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Could someone post the voting icons again? I've only still got the links to the oldest set.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
C: Tudiya
G: Ishamal
A: Barkof

2. B: El, the majority view.

3. A, B, D. I'm uncertain, because while generally an El-worshipper, Asherah is definitely real.

4. H: Xuriel, patron of things which are pretty. (I like the night sky.)

5. All of the above. (Again siding with tarepanda.)

6. A. Bit of E, if she's willing. Respond enthusiastically, don't push boundaries. Ideally, this becomes a regular (and steadily more exciting) feature of our lives.

You know what I'm thinking? King's a picked position. No reason it can't be us.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
C. Tudiya treats Enkidel well, and he's right in saying that no-one would even think of laying a hand on someone who directly serves the king and prince. He can teach Enkidel about the law and governance, which may prove to be a very valuable skill later on in life. And if we really wish to travel the world, the best way to do this is to become indispensible to him.
A. A hero's got to be strong, and Barkof is the guy who can help us get swole.
E.

e: I'm changing that last one to H. Literacy is indeed very useful in this society.

2B.

3B.

4J.

5A.

6B. Just be good friends. Not only does Enkidel endanger himself if he gets caught, but his lady friend too.

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 6, 2013

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. G-Ishamal,H- Rathal, E-Ephat So that we can get a good education for wanderers and explorers. Diplomacy and guidance from Ishamal, Langauges from Rathal and a side profession from Ephat. Plus we might learn more about the flute

2. D- Asherah is the one big hungry god. Why would worship another one big god apparently hungry for praise? Love the guys who actually directly help people. And the King has already given us to Danal so there is no great risk in being open.

3. C, D- Asherah is El. The Melachim are the gods that actually help people

4. K- We worship the Melachim of Forethought, Leadership and Companionship as we have found that we can really only trust Danal, our friend, but who also needs constant guidance by us.

5. C- We feel at home here, but we cannot forget out past- because the people of Zepath do not forget it either.

6. A- Snarles Barkley will cover for us!

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
1. A and G - fighting and worldiness are both key for explorers and heroes of legend.
2. A
3. A
4. F
5. D
6. A

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
1. When you were not loafing with Danal, what adults did you spend time with? Pick up to three below and order them from most time spent, to least, of the three you picked. You can pick something more than once if you really want to.

C. Tudiya, who increasingly desires your presence at his side as he goes about his day and increasingly seems to treat you as a personal page, running errands and doing minor tasks for him.

H. With Rathal, Danal's oldest sister, an old woman, learning more of how to write and do sums and to a limited degree, learning about home economics.

F. Zebanetha, the old High Priest at El's temple. There is something very odd about the man, but you cannot place your finger on it. During the time you have spent with him, he has told you many stories of their (your?) religion as you help keep the temple tidy, as you accompany Danal who is required to do so at times, due to his heritage.

2. Even if you are uncertain what you believe, you surely offer prayers of some sort, as all do within your society? Who do you pray to, when you have a reason to pray?

B. El, the majority view.

3. Another year has passed and you have been further influenced by the people of Zepath. You previously were uncertain what to believe. Now you... (Pick as many as apply if more than one do)

4. Do you have a favorite Ophanim? Most people in Zepath do. The most popular ones in Zepath include...

F. Yafef, the patron of fisherman, fishing, the rivers, moon and sea who guides the moon across the night sky.

5. After having lived in Zepath for three years, made friends and learned more of these people, you, at this particular moment, consider yourself to be...

E. I don't know! Why are you asking me? I don't like to think about these sorts of things!

6. You...

A. Are shocked but pleasantly so, wrap your arms around her and kiss.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. When you were not loafing with Danal, what adults did you spend time with? Pick up to three below and order them from most time spent, to least, of the three you picked. You can pick something more than once if you really want to.

A. Barkof has taken an increasing interest in you and encouraged you to spend time with him at the Temple of the Melachim, watching men train with swords and spears in the courtyard, as they do daily.
C. Tudiya, who increasingly desires your presence at his side as he goes about his day and increasingly seems to treat you as a personal page, running errands and doing minor tasks for him.
G.Ishamal, who is the best story teller you know and has tales of many far off places. When he is not busy filling in for Tudiya, which is not too frequent a task, he spends his time in the cities taverns drinking heavily, playing bar games and telling stories to tavern goers. Sometimes he dissapears for a week more without warning, you do not know why.

2. Even if you are uncertain what you believe, you surely offer prayers of some sort, as all do within your society? Who do you pray to, when you have a reason to pray?
E. Something else. Fill in. Psh, We believe in both, just that El is the father.

3. Another year has passed and you have been further influenced by the people of Zepath. You previously were uncertain what to believe. Now you... (Pick as many as apply if more than one do)
C. Believe in the minority faith, the direct worship of the Melachim.

4. Do you have a favorite Ophanim? Most people in Zepath do. The most popular ones in Zepath include...
L. Damat, the patron of of travel, trade, commerce and exploration. It is believed in the city that he guided Zepa to the spot where Zepath was built. He is generally popular within the city but is said to be one of the lesser Ophanim.

5. After having lived in Zepath for three years, made friends and learned more of these people, you, at this particular moment, consider yourself to be...
E. I don't know! Why are you asking me? I don't like to think about these sorts of things!

6. You...
G. Are shocked but pleasantly so, wrap your arms around her and kiss, and then feel terribly guilty about it afterwards.

Y'know like any good christian Zepathan.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Damnit you are supposed to bevotingfor Smattas! He's the one who saved us, remember?

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. D, A, G
2. A
3. A
4. A
5. D
6. A

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Damnit you are supposed to bevotingfor Smattas! He's the one who saved us, remember?

Whoa, I totally didn't remember that.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1H Learn how to scribe the verse. G Learn to turn the plain verse into something amazing. E Learn to embellish the verse with song. We will become the Bard.
2 c
3 c Switching from a pantheon that has a main god at the head and a bunch under them to another would be the easier swap
4 H
5 D Until we are free we are not a citizen of Zepath!
6 G-Flee screaming into the distance. "It's not you it's me!"

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 5, 2013

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

1CFG Tudiya, Zebanetha, Ishamal, be kingly, preistly and find out why Ishamal is trusted to do kingly duties and goes off for a weeks without warning.
2B El.
3B El.
4C If I had to pick one, Marnal, but it may not be best to pick favorites when they all represent good things.
5A We're a Zapathan now, may as well accept it.
6G Hold her on the chin and look her close in the eyes: "Heart first..." press Naomi's heart with the tip of your pointer finger "...then lips follow." Play hard to get and she will want more. Join Snarls Barkley and Danal and give her occasional knowing looks.

Diogines posted:

You know that Barkof commands the Mighty Men of Zepath, a position any man can claim by besting the previous commander, or winning a tournament should the previous commander fall in battle.
If we don't get buff, Danal better so he can take over for Barkof when the times comes. He's the one who likes playing with swords anyway.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting for 1:D, G, and H.

I'm voting for Ishamal because, if we're going to becoming an adventurer, we'd best learn the secrets of life from someone who's experienced them firsthand; who better than the oldest man we've ever met? Also, it doesn't hurt that he appears to have a bit of wanderlust himself. Experiencing drunken brawls first-hand can't hurt, either, insofar as learning some combat skills. Rathal sounds like a good choice simply because we've been babysitting Danal and, eventually, he might need someone who knows what they're doing to guide him in his duties (assuming Tudiya picks him for King). I know we're going to go adventuring eventually, but it might not hurt to postpone it for awhile as we guide Danal further and possibly help out Zepath. Finally, our mother; not because cooking would help, but because she's gone through so much and it'd be a dick move to spend most of our childhood ignoring her. Especially if we plan to become an adventurer. Just think of how much she's suffered to help us, and then imagine leaving her to worry about our fate for weeks, months, or even years at a time before we return to her. Assuming Enkidel grows up to give a poo poo about her, of course.

I almost wrote in Zera as part of my vote, too, for similar reasons as that last bit. I think she hates us because we're being given the perks of royalty as a slave while she toils like a draft animal for a King who probably barely notices she exists. Not only that but, in a few years' time, we'll be freed during the jubilation while she'll have died a slave. Hell, I don't doubt she's got some tragic backstory involving being a fairly important/influencial person before being enslaved. Perhaps even a love interest(!?) from whom she'll forever be seperated from.

drat. Next time we chat with Tudiya about slavery, we should ask for Zera's freedom instead of our own.

2:E. I pray to the Melachim mostly, El when things get really bad, and Ashera in moments of panic.

We know Ashera is real along with... who/whatever helped us aside from Ishamal that one night, and Labaras must be real because Tudiya and his family are his descendents. Aside from that, who knows?

3:A. Half-vote for B, C, and D, if that makes sense.

Basically the same reasoning as for the last option. We know for a fact that virtually all of what we heard has some semblance of truth: We felt Ashera's hunger, were spoken to by ???, grabbed magic artifacts (and even conversed with one), had divine intervention along with the aid of a demigod while in flight, and have seen Bareen perform miracles. It's all true, but maybe not all of it.

4:C.

I think Enkidel would be most motivated that by the failed attempt to intervene between Shushem and Tudiya. Smattas seems like the obvious choice, but... who was the evil doer in that situation? Who was truly innocent? Had a god/ess of mercy and forgiveness intervened, perhaps not too would have been different save for a few spared lives and perhaps a trade pact between two distant neighbors?

5:B

6:

tarepanda posted:

G. Something else. Write in.

Return the kiss at first, but back off. Danal's like our brother and she's Danal's sister, so this feels very weird and like incest. Apologize and hug her, but say (in that awkward acne-covered teenage way) that we can't see her like that... for now.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1. C E A Let's not forget the flute!

2. B

3. A

4. B

5. C

6. A

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
C'mon guys. Do you want to be a king, which is basically a lame bureaucrat, or do you want to be a prancing bard and have fanciful adventures?

Vote for the flute!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

LLSix posted:

Could someone post the voting icons again? I've only still got the links to the oldest set.

Vote Icons Here: http://imgur.com/a/2q3kU

We will spend time with Tudiya to further learn the art of ruling, so that we might help Danal and perhaps one day found our own city by the sea, once we have destroyed Asherah. Or nullified him. Or something. But we're building the first sea-side city!

AE for learning how to fight and learning our flute. Changed H to E, because flute.

I'd be more open to Melachim worship if it weren't for the bashing of Tudiya. He has been nothing but kind to us. But I think Enkidel wouldn't really embrace a religious belief system that basically insults his best friend and his best friend's father.

We hold the Ophanim of commerce, trade, and exploration, as well as the Ophanim of fish, sea, boats, etc, as our favorites. We wish to explore, and we still enjoy swimming :colbert:

We are both. We do not love Asherah, in fact we hate and fear him. However, our people were still our people. They had serious issues, what with the cannibalism, but they also had many admirable attributes.

But no more than that.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 5, 2013

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Come on guys, I know MTV makes a career in the music industry look glamorous, but in this setting it is just another kind of servant. Not even a highly respected servant.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
G. Ishamal: we have a bond from traveling and Ashakak. He does not aggrandize so his stories are unique and give us a view of the world about which we are so curious. He is ancient. He is the delegated authority of the king. He is just plain likable.

I. Rabitha: we want to see the world, but that is not happening for a bit. Maybe until we are 22. We can begin to see the world through books. We should buckle down and focus our abundant curiosity and will on learning to really read and write. This is a must and serves both Danal and Tudiya in the long run. I don't see how we could not do this with the nature of our curiosity or be unable given the nature of our will.

E. Ephat: a beggar musician? Are you kidding? This is a whole world within a world to explore right where we are. Of course we do this. We may actually find more comradrie here than anyplace else in the city.

Of course Tudiya will continue to place demands upon us and that we won't stop with these duties or the clear duty that has fallen to us as the Prince's Protector and apparently even guide. In this our attention does not waver.

B El:. when push comes to shove we are accustomed to praying to El, knowing that when we do so we call upon the entire pantheon. We have been doing this many years now. Our curiousity (even about such things as the Sun, Moon, Star worshippers) is undiminshed.

E Other this is still not a matter of belief as the gods occur for us as manifest reality. We do not however entertain the idea that El is made up any more than we could believe that Ashakak is made up. This would make no sense at all. Adults arguing about all this seems very strange to us and like it is not about the gods at all. Why are they doing it? (Ashakak is the local word for Asherah isn't it?)

H Xuriel:. Of course. What a silly question. We are drawn to the working of leadership and justice. We want to explore the world. We note Smattas, Damat and Ophal. Is there an Ophanim specific to Protection? Foresight? (It might be a tough call id there is an Ophanim of Foresight.) This is all true, and yet...

F Other It is clear we are not a Zepathan, nor are we any longer Atharian. We are very loyal to Tudiya and love Danal as a brother. We are also something of a rogue, mostly because of our curiosity. It is a fine line, which brings us to:

G Other. Well of course we kiss her. We are going to break many hearts, it is undeniable. But we only kiss her and then, as we have done so many times with Danal we dance the line of mischief and wisdom. We walk together some more in silence and then we talk to her. It is our first conquest and sadly we must also break her heart (and our own- there is no other way to really learn music). Letting it continue this way would be like letting Danal do something supremely dangerous without forethought or plan. We don't do that. We just don't. And of course we are fully capable of this. Did we not resist the infinite and inexorable hunger of Ashakak? Have we not again and again brought some wisdom to our delightful mayhem with Danal? We know it to be a good thing regardless of how free we might be about this in our own heart.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Angela Christine posted:

Come on guys, I know MTV makes a career in the music industry look glamorous, but in this setting it is just another kind of servant. Not even a highly respected servant.

We have a MAGIC FLUTE! I suspect that when we're alone, it's showing us what we will eventually be able to do if we work for it! So we totally should!

To that end...

1. , ,

We should learn to use the magic flute, learn to rule, and learn to fight in that order.

Time to ride the El train.

Nothing's changed.

Damat for the wanderer's win!

Both. It's complicated, okay?

Let's be eager, but not too eager, all right?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. ACE
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. D. We consider ourselves to be Enkidel, not bound by any single city.
6. A

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
1.C
B
H

2.E. We Pray to Smis, the Great Lobster.

3. BCD

4.Abstain.

5. C

6. G- Return then back off politely.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A-E-H
2. B - Way I see it, that's who Tudiya subscribes to, and Tudiya is the one who got us this snazzy new life.
3. B
4. H
5. C - It's important to remember who we were, but to also accept who we are.
6. A - Let's go with this, but not get creepy about it.
7. Snarls is a good boy. Make sure that we have been giving him plenty of treats and love.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

1. We are Enkidel. We took another step when it was not possible to do so and resisted Asherah's hunger. We believe we can learn to add! We can hang out with the really cool people later when we can understand what those crazy many-lots numbers they us mean. (Disclaimer, I don't want to spend all our time with Rathal, but I think it will need the votes)

3. The only reason C isn't there too is that Enkidel's experiences have definitely taught him not to piss off godlike beings, and Zepatha is pretty clear that praying to the Melachim directly will piss off not only El, but the Melachim we're praying to as well. On the other side, Bareen, only says it is pointless, not dangerous to pray to El, and we think we remember being helped by something when praying to El, both in the forest and when taking flying lessons courtesy of Ashera. So C is both dangerous and unlikely to bring any benefits B doesn't.

4. but if we did we'd probably favor Xuriel since Enkidel's life has likely been touched twice by that Melachim. Once when saved by Ishamal, and the forest glade seems like the sort of place Xuriel would make.

5. Teen angst. Also, The villagers have made it pretty clear we're not one of them, and never will be. But we still share many traits with them, and our long missing first family.

6. I have no faith in Enkidel's ability to talk his way out of something like this yet. Also, the infodump says couplings are forbidden, but given the tolerance displayed for this sort of thing in other classes, as long as she remains a virgin no-one should really care. We should also tell Tudiya in private. He knows everything that goes on anyways but it will be better if we let him know up front.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 5, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
1. C H A.
We need to learn kingly stuff, basic education like reading and writing and then some fighting.
2. B. Faith in El seems to be giving some pretty badass powers to the mighty men so he has to be real.
3. B
4. Don't really care.
5. C i guess
6. G: Give her the kiss and then realize that Tudyia will be furious when/if he finds out so nothing more ever.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I think we should also tell Tudiya in private about our relationship with Naomi, whatever it turns out to be. He seems to know everything that goes on anyways but it will be better if we let him know up front. Plus, he or maybe Ishamal, can give us some advice on how to handle this well.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

tarepanda posted:

We've seen the power of Tudiyas and all of his followers, especially Ishmal, first-hand. That's pretty amazing.

The minority view doesn't deny or contradict their powers, if I understand it correctly, they just call it "magic".

Diog, some questions about this "magic" stuff (according to the minority):

The high priestess vilifies the descendants of Labaras because they pass on the magic "in the family" secretly, but it was not mentioned that she is teaching it to anyone else. So how is she better than them? I'm not asking this from her. We don't want to upset anyone. I'm asking if we can pick this up based on what they teach. Since these are religions opposing each other I'm assuming there is a lot of "we are better than them because...".

Do we even know if the magic can be taught to anyone? Or by anyone who knows it?

What does the majority believers (mostly the priest and Tudiya) think about her "miracles"? If they claim that such powers come from El, but she teaches that El doesn't exist that seems like a contradiction (in the sense of why would El give her powers if she undermines his worship).

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
1. A, C, H

2. B

3. B

4. B because Smattas saved our asses.

5. A

6. A

Snarls Barkley is the best dog. Give him lots of treats for helping us have time to smooch.

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 5, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Is it Rathal or Rabitha? I have now seen both in the thread as Danal's oldest sister, I think? Interchangeable? If they are different, which is the teacher?

Dio posted:

Danal's eldest sister Rabitha, an old woman, has spent many long hours trying to teach Danal to count and to read and you have been beside him for many of these lessons.

Dio posted:

H. With Rathal, Danal's oldest sister, an old woman, learning more of how to write and do sums and to a limited degree, learning about home economics.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Hey, I'm back from my two months of training, so - has anyone taken over spreadsheeting the votes, or should I put my tally hat on and tally?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Canuck-Errant posted:

Hey, I'm back from my two months of training, so - has anyone taken over spreadsheeting the votes, or should I put my tally hat on and tally?

Welcome back. I don't think anyone is doing it for this vote.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

1: A, hopefully we can start sparring soon.
C
H

2: B
3: B, I think living in this city for as long as we have, after our rough upbringing, we have possibly grown more fond of belief in El. Since our old gods were mostly praised to avoid punishment, El and the Melachim are welcoming to us. Plus, they haven't tried to eat us yet like Asherah.
4: G, I'm a big fan of people who hold the gate.
5: C, Why not both? We can't forget our past.
6: A, you're a 6 foot lanky frame of acne crusted hormones, you can't help yourself.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Spreadsheet is up and up to date. Can't guarantee it'll always be immediately updated, since I'm running off a laptop with a dying HDD to save the dying HDDs in my desktop :suicide:

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
1. G, G, G
2. B
3. B
4. H
5. C
6. A I hope we get caught, shake poo poo up.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
vote change on #1 at bottom

We gunna be so ignant in this current vote.

Chronicle Ishamal's stories and our madcap adventures of mischief and mayhem. Stranger in a strange land.

Be a cunning strategist. Help Danal pick the right fights. Learn in order to have the plan! We have already been doing this. It is the 'good thing' we have done and has won the respect of King and citizen alike!!!

See the sweep of time and make the future!

Will we ever be able to best Barkof or Bareen? Why be a Kind of Mighty Man?

Write and sing the histories of our time for glory and honor!

Get a cloak of many colors! Be welcome in all lands! Be a polyglot! Learn to learn!!! It serves everything else!

Be a bad boy lover and maker of great romances, not a muscle bound, block headed fighter like everyone else we can see! Did she fall for us because of our Notso Mighty Might? No!

(should have taken the drat book along with the flute.) :negative:

Rathal and Rabitha both seem to be Danal's oldest sister. Dio is that right?

So changing my vote to:

1- H, G, E for now.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Smattas only needs a few more votes. Comeon people, why no love for the badass that saved us?