Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightningKnight
Sep 20, 2012

Autumncomet posted:

Levi is back in Stohess, I thought, with a broken arm? Of course, murder wonder Mikasa is here so they're still sunk. At any rate, they're nearly at the basement and if Eren could hold in his rage for five drat minutes, they could work out a plan to get there, as it's looking like Bert at least wants to try to make amends and I doubt Ymir gives a poo poo as long as Christa is safe.

On another note, the Kodansha translation is pretty good. "Colossus Titan" is starting to grow on me.

Colossus Titan being the official translation is... really more perfect than I could have ever asked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

This could take the story in a new direction. Eren will have to free all the wall titans and kill them so the Super Colossus Titan can regain its true form and bring his mother back to life.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

LightningKnight posted:

Colossus Titan being the official translation is... really more perfect than I could have ever asked for.

I totally just started this game like two days ago and I can't stop calling them titans on accident. Best I can get is when I call them "colossals [sic]."

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
This is my favorite bit of fanart so far.

We need to see more games where tackling large creatures amounts to more than just pecking away at their feet.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

snucks posted:

To be fair, we know Titannie has reservations about killing her classmates.

Someone committed a massive breach of the Masquerade in the anime thread. :sigh:

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

JosephWongKS posted:

Someone committed a massive breach of the Masquerade in the anime thread. :sigh:

People have been talking about the titan being annie for like twenty pages. Some people from this thread went and "speculated" it awhile ago.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vincent Valentine posted:

People have been talking about the titan being annie for like twenty pages. Some people from this thread went and "speculated" it awhile ago.

Speculation (even faux "speculation") is one thing. To outright confirm it is another, especially when you say something like "we know Titannie has reservations about killing her classmates", which makes it unambiguously clear that you are speaking with inside knowledge.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yeah, that was a pretty dick move right there. I'm glad I swore some friends who are watching it off the thread because they're looking forward to the reveal and they love femmetitan.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In fairness, I don't think that guy has ever posted in this thread, so he might just think it's really obvious.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Female titan murdering tons of schmucks with super slick animation is still really drat cool even if you've been spoiled about her identity. The other big spoilers? Probably not so much.

I hope no one in the anime thread is dickish enough to definitively spoil Bert & Ernie (more than has already been done, I mean). As has been discussed before, banning the jerk in question would only confirm that their fun-ruining facts were accurate. Just be nice, people. :(

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sindai posted:

In fairness, I don't think that guy has ever posted in this thread, so he might just think it's really obvious.
Most people have the decency to hide speculation behind spoiler tags.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
And know there's a guy posting about Annie and female titan sharing a fighting stance when that hasn't even been revealed in the Anime yet. It's just gotten up to where Eren freezes because he realises that himself and it hasn't been shown to the viewer yet.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
^ Eren sparred with Annie before, same stance, same hair. It's fairly easy to spot in the anime.

Soulcleaver posted:

Female titan murdering tons of schmucks with super slick animation is still really drat cool even if you've been spoiled about her identity. The other big spoilers? Probably not so much.

I hope no one in the anime thread is dickish enough to definitively spoil Bert & Ernie (more than has already been done, I mean). As has been discussed before, banning the jerk in question would only confirm that their fun-ruining facts were accurate. Just be nice, people. :(

Ernie got called a few times already. No one will ever see Bert coming :getin:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

At least Ymir will be a shock.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Jackard posted:

Most people have the decency to hide speculation behind spoiler tags.

Isn't that probatable? Or is "spoilers are for spoilers only" a Games/LP thing?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

my dad posted:

Isn't that probatable? Or is "spoilers are for spoilers only" a Games/LP thing?
As in, most get the feeling that they shouldn't be posting this blatantly, and these guys don't even have that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kild posted:

At least Ymir will be a shock.
Ymir is the most titan-like name ever.
Or was that the joke?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Her full name is Ymir Goliath Jotun Fee Fi Fo Fum but this is only known through supplemental materials.

LightningKnight
Sep 20, 2012
Ymir's name hasn't even been mentioned in the anime yet, and she's still pretty much background noise at this point. She's probably been namedropped a couple times somewhere, but she hasn't done anything particularly memorable yet to so I wouldn't worry much. Besides, her significance doesn't even come into play until that bit with the titan mistaking random journal keeping soldier girl for her, so I'd hardly worry. Even if someone went right out and blabbed "Ymir is a titan" in the anime thread, half the users would probably just go, "who?"

At this point there's as much reason to suspect Ymir of being a titan in the anime as there is reason to suspect, like... Hannes or Connie. I think Bertholdt kind of occupies the same status. They're all just background flavor characters at this point. Reiner has had a handful of meaningful interactions with the main crew, so I suppose he could be figured out by shrewd watchers, but the other shifters? Not so much. Colossus Titan (I still love that name :allears:) bears no resemblance to Bertholdt at all save for the extremely subtle sweating and tallness.

Ape Titan is going to be a big :wtf: moment too, considering that there is absolutely no precedence for it whatsoever. (Well, if the anime makes it that far.)

LightningKnight fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 5, 2013

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I think Bert is going to die in the next couple chapters. It would be too messy for the story for the colossal titan to enter the battle right now.

But god do I hope it happens.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

LightningKnight posted:

Ape Titan is going to be a big :wtf: moment too, considering that there is absolutely no precedence for it whatsoever. (Well, if the anime makes it that far.)

The thing with Ymir is going to depend entirely on how those chapters are translated into the anime and what episodes they fall in. There's absolutely no reason to speculate she's a titan until the can of Red Herring(heh), and if that's in the same episode she transforms in, then it will come as a surprise. If anyone speculates it prior to that they've probably read the manga. If the can reveal happens and then the episode ends without her transforming then she'll probably get called out on it.

Thoren posted:

I think Bert is going to die in the next couple chapters. It would be too messy for the story for the colossal titan to enter the battle right now.

But god do I hope it happens.

Bert entering battle is the best way to save everyone. He goes collossal, makes a steam cloud for the rest of the crew to break out and go human in to try and escape, then fights as best he can to keep their attention. They'd likely keep him alive for information if the others escape.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Everyone in the anime thread has Annie figured out because of the colorization and improved art consistency/lingering camera shots in the anime. That's not at all automatically suspicious. Where it gets to be bullshit is when some loving manga thread poster comes in and says "yeah and ALSO CHECK OUT REINER" :iamafag:

OH LOOK IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3542537&perpage=40&pagenumber=93#post419130029

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3416034&userid=117061

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Elotana posted:

Everyone in the anime thread has Annie figured out because of the colorization and improved art consistency/lingering camera shots in the anime. That's not at all automatically suspicious. Where it gets to be bullshit is when some loving manga thread poster comes in and says "yeah and ALSO CHECK OUT REINER" :iamafag:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3542537&perpage=40&pagenumber=93#post419130029

What a dick!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I don't get it, it really really isn't hard not to spoil stuff especially when people ask you nicely not to do it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Elotana posted:

I genuinely don't understand the appeal of ruining these really good revelations for people who don't read the manga. Especially when people go into these kinds of threads and post spoilers as speculation.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I genuinely don't understand the appeal of ruining these really good revelations for people who don't read the manga. Especially when people go into these kinds of threads and post spoilers as speculation.

The worst part is you can't even ban them for doing that, because if you do it just confirms what they've said.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

The way to handle that is just to probate some other post in their history and put "spoilers in an unrelated post" as the reason.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
I'm glad I started reading the manga first and not starting with the anime, I would have given the whole thing a pass, personally the anime is garbage, it's boring, drawn out and poorly animated. I mean the anime is practically just the manga colored and censored, with countless stills everywhere. The real horror will start when the season ends and it becomes non-stop pseudo speculation until most just cave, read the manga and then realize that the rest of the manga was already spoiled. It's a lose-lose situation for anime only watchers.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Toadsniff posted:

poorly animated

:psyduck:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Ernie got called a few times already. No one will ever see Bert coming :getin:
If I remember correctly one person already "called" Bert in spoilers because he was Ernie's friend

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Chapter 49 raws are out.

Irwin continues his push for Hardest Motherfucker by cutting off his own arm to escape a Titan and free Eren: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/49/32/

Also the ending features a special guest from way back in Episode 1, and I'm not talking about Hannes: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/49/43/

Elotana fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 5, 2013

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
There are a lot of good bits in the anime, but there are a lot of bad bits, too. This issue comes up from time to time in the anime thread.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elotana posted:

Chapter 49 raws are out.

Irwin continues his push for Hardest Motherfucker by cutting off his own arm to escape a Titan and free Eren: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/49/32/

Also the ending features a special guest from way back in Episode 1, and I'm not talking about Hannes: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/49/43/

Jeez. It's gonna be hard waiting for the next chapter.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
When they finally get around to animating this chapter in Season 2 of the anime, it's going to be so completely loving amazing. :drat:

EDIT: Seriously, holy poo poo this loving chapter.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 5, 2013

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Elotana posted:

Chapter 49 raws are out.

Goddamn, Hardest Motherfucker indeed.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Elotana posted:

:stare: Jesus H Christ

Brutus Salad fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 5, 2013

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

Elotana posted:

Chapter 49 raws are out.

I was not ready for this.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

(Carefully tiptoeing around spoilers :ohdear:)

I'm rereading the Castle Utgard and aftermath arc here during my lunch break, and I see that most of the 104th squad was being held after Eren's trial under the suspicion that there might be more Titans among them. Most of them that is, except for our main trio and Jean. I can see why our main three are trusted, but I really can't find or think of an explanation as to why they trust Jean of all people to not be a Titan. Yeah he's their friend but so was Annie!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
:aaa:

I don't usually read raws but no way I could wait for the translation.

No other series makes me as tense with every page. Anything can happen in Attack on Titan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Elotana posted:

Chapter 49 raws are out.

I was wondering if we'd ever see him again, god this is going to be good.