Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Why are people voting for G and H in question one? That's literally the "Backstory" and "Home econs" options. C'mon, we have a magic flute that we can practice with and get good at. We want to go travelling. How on earth is home econs or backstory going to help us being a travelling rockstar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Smattas only needs a few more votes. Comeon people, why no love for the badass that saved us?

Oh, fine! :siren:Changing my vote to 4. B:siren:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
If we can find someone better to teach us to read and write great, but right now Rabitha/Rathal (H) is our only option for not being hopelessly, irredeemably ignant. We should also develop an amazing memory and just memorize everything we ever hear by putting it into verse, but Ishamal (G) is our best bet for that.

(My computer is packed for moving so this is my only gaming fix. Imma shut up now.)

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
1. G,C, A
2. B.
3. B.
4. B.
5. C.
6. A.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

We, accidentally, changed the name of Danal's oldest living sister back and forth. Woopsy. Her name is Rathal. I will edit her name back to the right name wherever it is screwed up in a few hours when I get home.

Also, welcome back Canuck! Your vote counting was always a big help!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 5, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
On second thought, changing my vote for #1 to EEE, and for #4 to B.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Smattas only needs a few more votes. Comeon people, why no love for the badass that saved us?

You're right, Fine! Changing my #4 vote to B

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I will update in about 4 hours, give or take a bit, voting remains open till the update goes up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Fine, I'll change my vote from I. Faradnu to B. Smattas.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I'm a little surprised 3:B has attained such domination; what does that mean, we now believe fully the mainstream religion? We've decided that El is, indeed, the one and only God, and all else are servants under him, horrible demons or silly superstitions? I dunno, seems surprisingly accepting for a guy of Enkindel's background.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

A word on "how do you feel" and "what do you believe" votes.

There have been a number of votes essentially asking what you think about things and what you believe, rather, than what you actually do. Some of these very obviously have had effects in game. The effects of others are less subtle and unclear. Some are to let you think about them yourself. Do not be discouraged if you have a minority view and please don't feel that you HAVE to believe that Enkidel has the same view as everyone else, if you do not agree, consider your votes as that part of his mind which represents alternative viewpoints, doubt or uncertainty.

my dad posted:

edit: Land Between the Rivers had a jizz tsunami. I don't think it's a very good example of decency. :v:

It did have a jizz tsunami, but it didn't really describe putting fidly bits in fidly holes, even if it reffered to thousands of people fornicating for days on end in a giant pile, in Denziroh's honor!

ShadowGlass posted:

The minority view doesn't deny or contradict their powers, if I understand it correctly, they just call it "magic".

Diog, some questions about this "magic" stuff (according to the minority):

The high priestess vilifies the descendants of Labaras because they pass on the magic "in the family" secretly, but it was not mentioned that she is teaching it to anyone else. So how is she better than them? I'm not asking this from her. We don't want to upset anyone. I'm asking if we can pick this up based on what they teach. Since these are religions opposing each other I'm assuming there is a lot of "we are better than them because...".

Do we even know if the magic can be taught to anyone? Or by anyone who knows it?

Magic is known to exist. Old women sell love charms and protective charms in the market, witches are known to live in huts in the wilderness and sell curses and poisons and occasioanlly blight crops. Wandering heroes who know magic and have fantastical powers are known to exist, there are no such persons in the city as far as you are aware. Most people with fantastical powers are said to be descendants of Labaras, but magic is known to exist. Sometimes it is linked to demons and cannibals, sometimes it is not.

ShadowGlass posted:

What does the majority believers (mostly the priest and Tudiya) think about her "miracles"? If they claim that such powers come from El, but she teaches that El doesn't exist that seems like a contradiction (in the sense of why would El give her powers if she undermines his worship).
Most within the city believe that Bareen is an anomoloy, a female descendan of Labaras who for some reason has power, statue and ages slowly, as some male descendants to. Why a woman has this power is not an answer those from the majority faith have a single answer to. Some acuse her of being a witch or a demon, but almost a tenth of those within the city come to give offerings at her temple.

If her power is a learned thing, why has she not taught it to others, her disciples? That is an excellent question. You do not know.

She trains and sends out monster hunters to slay monsters in the name of the Melachim makes her popular with many, as do the occasional miracle cures she provides for common, ordinary people.

Why Tudiya has not destroyed her temple or punished her or run her out of the city is unclear. On one occasion, while cleaning the Temple of El with Danal, you overheard him argue with Ishamal and Zebanetha, threatening to destroy the Temple of the Melachim on his own if they would not help, they ultimatley talked him out of it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
"Save for years of hardship." Or whatever the voice said to us. Maybe we are meant to save in order to buy our freedom. Just some wild speculation.

Did we ever end up talking to anyone else about the voices and magic art? We asked The King about the voices, but he dismissed it as nothing to worry about. I get the feeling the voices had nothing to do with El, so maybe no one in the city will be able to help us.

Also, do the stories explain where people came from (El created them?) and where cannibals came from?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

"Save for years of hardship." Or whatever the voice said to us. Maybe we are meant to save in order to buy our freedom. Just some wild speculation.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I was kinda expecting 7 years of plenty followed by 7 years of famine, old Testament style. So yeah...we should probably suggest building some grain silos at some point in case that's a possibility. Could be referring to slavery somehow tho!

Curious to see how these voices are all going to play out.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Did we ever end up talking to anyone else about the voices and magic art? We asked The King about the voices, but he dismissed it as nothing to worry about. I get the feeling the voices had nothing to do with El, so maybe no one in the city will be able to help us.

Also, do the stories explain where people came from (El created them?) and where cannibals came from?
According to the majority faith, El created mankind. According to the minority faith, the Ophanim are said to have done so as a group.

According to the teachings of both the majority faith and the minority schism, before Labaras, all mankind were savages and cannibals who worshiped the sun, moon, stars, animals and each other. Labaras climbed Mount Har and received divine wisdom, then founded civilization and ended all of the practices of

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Theglavwen posted:

I'm a little surprised 3:B has attained such domination; what does that mean, we now believe fully the mainstream religion? We've decided that El is, indeed, the one and only God, and all else are servants under him, horrible demons or silly superstitions? I dunno, seems surprisingly accepting for a guy of Enkindel's background.

We've been riding "I don't know what to believe" pretty hard for years. Years! Finally settling on the dominant religion of the area (which also happens to be the religion of our mother, our king, and our best friend) isn't really all that surprising. It doesn't mean we've become a fanatic, but tepid acceptance of what everyone around you says is true is pretty normal. Even the dissenting opinion locally is merely a schism in the dominant religion, and since it agrees with the content of most of the stories so it doesn't really encourage the notion that the dominant religion is totally wrong.

We probably believe in a somewhat modified version. Everyone around us has no strong opinion about Ashera, and believes either it doesn't exist or it is merely a monster/demon. We're still pretty sure that Ashera exists, and maybe his children too, but he's a dick and we don't like him. So while we believe that El and the Melachim exist and are worthy of worship, we know that Ashera exists and is a dick, and we're probably open to the idea that many other gods could exist as well. We've just chosen to align ourselves with El.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Why are people voting for G and H in question one? That's literally the "Backstory" and "Home econs" options. C'mon, we have a magic flute that we can practice with and get good at. We want to go travelling. How on earth is home econs or backstory going to help us being a travelling rockstar?

Can we read and write yet?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Basscop posted:

Can we read and write yet?

When you were 13:

Diogines posted:

Danal's eldest sister Rathal, an old woman, has spent many long hours trying to teach Danal to count and to read and you have been beside him for many of these lessons. Danal finds these lessons incredibly boring and he has little patience for them. He has learned to count and you too, have learned to count. Somewhat. In your time away from Danal, you have spent a great deal of time with Rathal, who seems to enjoy your company and is generally nice to you. Your ability to count has expanded from one to ten, lots, many-lots to one to a hundred. You still get a bit confused the closer you get to a hundred and you lack any useful mathematical skills beyond counting and very simple addition. After... an excessive amount of time, you have learned the symbols to write your name, even if you do not really understand them.

A year has passed. How well you can write has not changed, yet. It may change based on the outcome of this vote.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
We can write the symbols that make our name but we don't understand them.

Ok we need a little more education.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah, having literacy and math is kind of incredibly loving valuable in this kind of society. It would put us in a very valuable minority of people. Hence we should hang out with the lady who will teach us these things.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Step 1. Learn math and become literate.
Step 2. Explore beyond reach of civilization and any people who employ the same system
of writing.
Step 3. ?
Step 4. Become a great hero.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I would like to start the next update, so voting closes in an hourish.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Basscop posted:

We can write the symbols that make our name but we don't understand them.

Ok we need a little more education.

There are just too many things I want Enkidel to learn, and with all the flute playing, fighting and Tudiya-shadowing I kind of forgot that Enkidel is essentially illiterate. It makes sense we want him to learn how to read.

I've changed my vote to reflect this. (From 1E [3rd position] to 1H.)

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

From between the main updates:

A word on "how do you feel" and "what do you believe" votes.

There have been a number of votes essentially asking what you think about things and what you believe, rather, than what you actually do. Some of these very obviously have had effects in game. The effects of others are less subtle and unclear. Some are to let you think about them yourself. Do not be discouraged if you have a minority view and please don't feel that you HAVE to believe that Enkidel has the same view as everyone else, if you do not agree, consider your votes as that part of his mind which represents alternative viewpoints, doubt or uncertainty.

my dad posted:

edit: Land Between the Rivers had a jizz tsunami. I don't think it's a very good example of decency. :v:

It did have a jizz tsunami, but it didn't really describe putting fidly bits in fidly holes, even if it reffered to thousands of people fornicating for days on end in a giant pile, in Denziroh's honor!

ShadowGlass posted:

The minority view doesn't deny or contradict their powers, if I understand it correctly, they just call it "magic".

Diog, some questions about this "magic" stuff (according to the minority):

The high priestess vilifies the descendants of Labaras because they pass on the magic "in the family" secretly, but it was not mentioned that she is teaching it to anyone else. So how is she better than them? I'm not asking this from her. We don't want to upset anyone. I'm asking if we can pick this up based on what they teach. Since these are religions opposing each other I'm assuming there is a lot of "we are better than them because...".

Do we even know if the magic can be taught to anyone? Or by anyone who knows it?

Magic is known to exist. Old women sell love charms and protective charms in the market, witches are known to live in huts in the wilderness and sell curses and poisons and occasioanlly blight crops. Wandering heroes who know magic and have fantastical powers are known to exist, there are no such persons in the city as far as you are aware. Most people with fantastical powers are said to be descendants of Labaras, but magic is known to exist. Sometimes it is linked to demons and cannibals, sometimes it is not.

ShadowGlass posted:

What does the majority believers (mostly the priest and Tudiya) think about her "miracles"? If they claim that such powers come from El, but she teaches that El doesn't exist that seems like a contradiction (in the sense of why would El give her powers if she undermines his worship).
Most within the city believe that Bareen is an anomoloy, a female descendan of Labaras who for some reason has power, statue and ages slowly, as some male descendants to. Why a woman has this power is not an answer those from the majority faith have a single answer to. Some acuse her of being a witch or a demon, but almost a tenth of those within the city come to give offerings at her temple.

If her power is a learned thing, why has she not taught it to others, her disciples? That is an excellent question. You do not know.

She trains and sends out monster hunters to slay monsters in the name of the Melachim makes her popular with many, as do the occasional miracle cures she provides for common, ordinary people.

Why Tudiya has not destroyed her temple or punished her or run her out of the city is unclear. On one occasion, while cleaning the Temple of El with Danal, you overheard him argue with Ishamal and Zebanetha, threatening to destroy the Temple of the Melachim on his own if they would not help, they ultimately talked him out of it.

According to the majority faith, El created mankind. According to the minority faith, the Ophanim are said to have done so as a group.

According to the teachings of both the majority faith and the minority schism, before Labaras, all mankind were savages and cannibals who worshiped the sun, moon, stars, animals and each other. Labaras climbed Mount Har and received divine wisdom, then founded civilization and ended all of the practices of

A year has passed. You are now 14. Danal is 8. Danal's youngest sister, Naomi is 16 or 17 and growing increasingly beautiful.

During this time you have continued to grow and your appetite has been ravenous. Your acne, for indeed you have acne is rather bad and the peach fuzz on your face has grown into a scraggly beard and you have grown as well, to 6'3, almost as tall as your Uncle Jorah.

You have spent much time about the city and otherwise creatively loafing with Danal, but you have also spent time with a number of adults in your life.

More than any other, you spent your time with Tudiya. You became a normal part of his daily routine, on those days that he would set up his stall in the market, you carried his King's Chair to and from his home, you ran small errands for him and gained a greater understanding of the laws and customs of Zepath. You frequently ran messages for him to other places in the city. You were often close at hand as he officiated his other duties. While in Zepath, Tudiya showed greater restraint with the miraculous powers he displayed during the trek through the wilderness, but you have seen them on display them on rare occasion. Each harvest festival his kingly duties include blessing the fields of one of the farmers of the city. You were on hand for the event.

You watched as Tudiya lifted several immense boulders from the farmers field and threw them away. The king then blessed the fields in the name of El. You visited the man's fields a month later, the wheat grew ten feet tall and as closely packed together as river reeds.

You have learned that Tudiya's family are ancient rivals with the kings of Ibleam, a city larger than Zepath and one of Zepath's closest northern neighbors, the feud being rooted in a murder some long dead Ibleamite king committed. Wars break out every few decades and raids are common.

You have learned that Tudiya's family are also allies with the kings of Taanach, a city northeast of Zepath, Rathal's deceased mother was the daughter of the king of that city.

From the time you spent with Tudiya you have learned more of his Kingly duties and what it is to be a king. A king, indeed, all kings, are descendants of the great hero and prophet, Labaras. Each king is chosen by the previous king, who is supposed to not only pick the most just, righteous, clever and brave, but those who most clearly show the blood of Labaras to be within their veins. You have learned that Tudiya's duties include overseeing matters of justice, defending the city from monsters, leading in times of war and suppressing the worship of the Ophanim, for in one lesson you shared with Danal, men have a natural temptation to worship the greatest of the Melachim and it is a King's duty to suppress such worship. Why he has not ended the Temple of the Melachim is unclear.

Danal generally accompanied you in whatever you did. Danal has found "King Stuff" to be dreadfully boring, but by showing interest in such, Danal's attitude seems to be slowly changing and he has taken his fathers lessons more seriously.

Barkof, well muscled and roughly eight feet tall for whatever reason, wished you to train with him at the Temple of the Melachim. The large bushy bearded man is frightfully strong, possibly only second to Tudiya himself. Danal needed no encouragement to come along, he loved all things related to fighting. You watched Barkof and the giant priestess Bareen train many men to leave Zepath to hunt monsters. Most did not return. Some did, carrying heads and trophies of grisly and hard fought victories.

Some of the heads you recognized from your mothers stories, such as the head of a medusa and a minotaur. Many of the monsters, you had never heard of, though you certainty heard the hunters share the stories of their conquest, before mounting the skulls to the temple walls as a tribute to the Ophanim, the greatest of the Melachim.

You were a child. You did not go join in monster hunting, but for the first time you practiced using real weapons. For many long hours you practiced with a wooden staff with other children and on occasion with young men, doing grievous injury to straw and wooden dummies. From long hours savaging foes of straw and wood, your lanky frame slowly began to put on some muscle.

During this time, you became friends with Paebel, the freeborn child of a debtor slave who works in the temple and is the same age as you. Paebel dreams of one day being a famous adventurer. You have also made the acquaintance of Ibiranu, a retired adventurer who helps train others and who has helped instruct you to use a wooden staff.

During the time you spent at the Temple, you saw Bareen perform what are for lack of a better term, miracles. The band of men who brought in the head of the minotaur rushed into the temple with one of their comrades whose guts innards were spilling out and whose left leg was nearly severed. Bareen held her hands out over the man, they glowed with what all present were certain was divine light, she pressed her hands onto the man's wounds. The mangled muscles of the man's leg knit themselves closed and the gash in his gut grew closed. The man walked out of the temple later that day under his own power.

After you saw the miraculous healing, you questioned Tudiya about it. He did not at all approve of the time you spent at the Temple of the Melachim, indeed, he has made it very clear he does not approve, but he did not forbid you from going. Tudiya told you that it is not the task of the sons of Labaras to be as the Melachim and that the burdens of man, must be shouldered by man, or why live at all? Perhaps his answer left you confused, but you did not press the issue further, at least, not that time.

Despite having spent much time at the Temple of the Melachim, you have held to the religious belief of the majority of the Zepathans, the worship of El, rather than direct worship of the Melachim. You are still young and there are some corners of your mind which still have questions, how you shall feel in the future is uncertain.

You have picked a favorite Ophanim, one you seek aid from more than others. You have picked Smattass, the patron Ophanim of justice, law who is said to be the chief enforcer of El. In your mothers stories and in the ones you have learned in Zepath, Smattas rescues innocent people in serious trouble, personally delivers divine wisdom to kings and heroes and lays down some some serious divine smiting on the greatest and most terrible of monster and demons, including slaying both Leviathan and Asharak in single combat. You are in good company with your current preference, for he is the favorite of Tudiya, most of the Mighty Men and much of the rich men of Zepath.

You remain conflicted as to your identity, considering yourself both to be a man of Zepath and a villager of Athar.

You also spent time with Ephat, a beggar who spends most days beside the city gate, blowing away at his flute for food. With easy access to Tudiya's kitchens, you helped keep the mans belly full and he in turn, kept your fingers busy, showing you how to play the wooden flute Danal obtained for you.

You have learned the basic of playing a mundane flute, though it will be many years of practice before you could hope to play anything even remotely like what your magical flute can play.

But at this moment... the insects are coming out and chirping as the sun sets, the breeze is gentle and the only other sounds is the moving river and somewhere distant, a number of dogs playing with a child. Naomi pulls you in for a kiss... and you need little prompting, you pull her in close to you and press your lips to hers.

The feeling is... magical. After a short time, you part, both of your faces red and return home.

1. How do feel about Naomi?
A. I want our relationship to grow, but slowly. I will keep spending time with her and hope things

B. I am eager to grow our relationship as quickly as possible! I do everything I can to try to impress her!

C. I... no. Just, no. If I get caught, I will be in TREMENDOUS trouble! This does not happen again.

D. She is Danal's sister. I am not afraid of Tudiya, but she is off limits.

E. Something else. Fill in.

2. Do you intend to tell Tudiya about what just happened?
A. Are you insane? NO! Of course not! He will kill me! I mean, he literally, will kill me, he is a king and superhuman and what I did was against the law!

B. I will tell Tudiya what happened.

C. I want to talk to another person in my life for guidance. Who?

D. Something else. Fill in.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 6, 2013

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
1. C
2. C/3
- Talk to the old guy who is always telling stories (Ishmael?). He will know what to do and, just as importantly, probably won't drop a dime on us to the nobility.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1a, 2a.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Uberwill posted:

2. C/3[/b] - Talk to the old guy who is always telling stories (Ishmael?). He will know what to do and, just as importantly, probably won't drop a dime on us to the nobility.

Ishamal.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. A let's just see where this goes. Makes for a great story, broken hearted flute wielding home economist leaves city for great travels and adventure.

2. 1 We're just a teenager we aren't going to go around blabbing and talking about this. Just gonna wander around dazed and happy as gently caress.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
D, C

We did nothing wrong, but being kissed by someone who feels like our sister is kind of weird and we may have liked it. Talk to the old guy, he's probably been pretty popular with the ladies.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. A. Come on, who could reject a princess?

2. B. Grow some balls and man up. Sneaking around on the guy who knows everything can't end well.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 6, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Angela Christine posted:

1. A. Come on, who could reject a princess?

2. A. Grow some balls and man up. Sneaking around on the guy who knows everything can't end well.

Then why are you voting for not telling him? I think you may want to read the voting options again. A B Note: This is probably a terrible idea.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

It is very late, sorry, I missed a critical portion, edited in:

quote:

You also spent time with Ephat, a beggar who spends most days beside the city gate, blowing away at his flute for food. With easy access to Tudiya's kitchens, you helped keep the mans belly full and he in turn, kept your fingers busy, showing you how to play the wooden flute Danal obtained for you.

You have learned the basic of playing a mundane flute, though it will be many years of practice before you could hope to play anything even remotely like what your magical flute can play.

And now I sleep.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

1: A. I want our relationship to grow, but slowly. I will keep spending time with her and hope things ... work for the best. :3
(Being like a brother to someone doesn't mean you're family to the rest of their relatives. :rolleyes:)

2: C. I want to talk to another person in my life for guidance. Who? Zebanetha, the high priest.
If we have time, we could also consult Paebel, the freeborn child of a debtor slave who's our age, and even Ephat, the beggar and flautist.

... I wonder if we have Labaras blood...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

paragon1 posted:

Then why are you voting for not telling him? I think you may want to read the voting options again. A B Note: This is probably a terrible idea.

D'oh, thanks, fixed.

Of course it is a terrible idea, teenagers have bad judgement. Lying to the king is also a tremendously bad idea, and since we see him all the time not telling him would be a lie of omission. Besides, I don't want us to grow up into a slimy sneaky snake -- there is nothing heroic about being sneaky liar.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
E. We are unusual. We are not socialized as a Zepathan, nor are we Atharian. We can see things others don't, even at a young age. We don't allow this to continue, not because we are afraid for ourselves, but because it could be very bad for Naomi and we know that, just like when we know one of Danal's plans needs to be 'adjusted'. This is consistent with our behavior over all.

D We don't need to talk with anyone. We are not ashamed and also do not need to hide anything. Tudiya will know what he knows. It is not complicated for us the way it seems to be for the Zepathans. (We don't have all those wierd hang-ups they seem to have about nudity and sex, but we understand they have them.)

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Spreadsheet up. My vote:

Why tell him now? It's not something worth telling him about right now; after all, it's only a kiss. Better to ask for repentance when the sin is bigger, and can't be as easily played off. That way the fun lasts longer, right?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. A
2. A

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
C

A

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

1. Plan Sogol This is perfect, and I agree that it seems entirely in line with having worked to adjust Danal's attitudes. Also, if we get involved with Naomi there's a chance we'll end up tied to the city and be unable to go exploring. A vote for Plan Sogol is a vote to have cool adventurers instead of being a dad.

2. Ishamal He seems to fill a similar role of helping to dissuade the king of foolishness and should be able to provide some excellent advice on how to let Naomi down gently. I want to go with B too; our best bud Tudiya deserves to hear from us about the situation and how we resolved it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
1) A
2) C - ask Ishamal. I was going to say try and be vague and hypothetical, but he'd see through it.

Since we're taking it slow I think we have time to tell Tudiya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

C and C (tell Ishamal).

I'm voting against this now just so I can get on my horse about it when it all goes tits up later on :colbert:

SHE WILL BREAK OUR HEART DAMMIT