Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I only own one car, so...

My other ride:

My other other ride:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

AMG SLK chat: They are amazing. I've had mine for nearly a year now and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Having a hard top convertible is like the best of both worlds (except weight I suppose) in that when it is damp or too hot/cold outside, you can leave the top up and it feels like sitting in a fixed roof car. When the weather is good however, the sound of the exhaust with the top down is simply intoxicating. At some point in the next month or two I think I'm going to have the resonator removed and an X-pipe installed to add to it a bit. I'm not sure I can imagine myself in the future not owning at least one convertible in addition to whatever else. It's a generation newer, but I have had no issues with regard to my car so far. Everything on it is still in perfect working order.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

My two British pile of parts.

And yet, I still love them both.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
No pictures yet but I went out yesterday and bought a 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x King Cab. I was adamant on having to get a stick, so they're shipping one in from across the country. So pumped to have a manual truck again. I test drove an Ecoboost FX4 F150 and a Wrangler Rubicon, the F150 was awesome but too expensive and the Rubicon was awesome but would make a horrible daily driver. I was really dissapointed with that Pentastar V6, the 4L in the Frontier makes around 20 less HP, but feels like it pulls a lot harder since the Penstastar only makes 240 lbs ft of torque compared to the 4L's 280. The Ecoboost on the other hand is a phenomenal engine and combined with the electric steering makes the 6000lbs F150 feel like a car.

I know AI isn't really into trucks, but after driving a Mazda RX-8 through a northern Alberta winter there was no chance in hell I'd buy a sports car this time around. Winter tires are all well and good until you have a foot of snow on the roads and 3 inches of ground clearance.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Samu posted:

I know AI isn't really into trucks, but after driving a Mazda RX-8 through a northern Alberta winter there was no chance in hell I'd buy a sports car this time around. Winter tires are all well and good until you have a foot of snow on the roads and 3 inches of ground clearance.

AI is plenty in to trucks! Post up some pics when you get it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Paul Boz_ posted:

AI is plenty in to trucks! Post up some pics when you get it.

As long as your not "bro"ing it out, AI loves em.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Samu posted:

Three whole inches?! I bet you were running All Seasons/Mud+Snow, too. <:smug:>

I got stuck pulling up the ~2% grade after plowing my way through 10" snow. Shouldn't have slowed down, but my back (and suspension) were better for it.. until I had to dig myself out.. of the loving driveway.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
They don't plow the parking lots where I work so me trying to get my Mazda unstuck was an almost daily spectacle. It got to the point where I was showing up to work early, grabbing a bobcat and clearing out a single space in the parking lot so I could park. The rotary also seemed to just hate the cold. I loved that car but I couldn't live with it anymore.

It'll depend how the truck does out on the trails, but I could definitely see myself doing a mild lift and putting on some mud tires. The tires that come with the Pro-4x package will probably be fine though. I'll never become a rig pig douchebag with a 6 inch lift on a diesel 2500 with stacks coming out of the bed puking black smoke everywhere. People who lift trucks and then drive them exclusively on road are dickheads. I bought this truck because it seemed like a good balance of the drivability and practicality of a full sized truck and the capability of a Wrangler. I love Wranglers but they are kind of horrible as daily drivers. Plus, 31 grand all in for the Frontier versus 42 for a Rubicon? No brainer. The Sports and Sahara that are more affordable also have open diffs and a 3.30 rear axle with a $600 option for a 3.73 limited slip. The Frontier has the same Dana 44 rear axle and a locker.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

The other car in my garage, my wife's 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X:

The Laredo X pack was such a good value for the options that they discontinued it. I love this Jeep though. I'm not at all an SUV guy, but I enjoy driving it a lot, especially on road trips.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

blk posted:

If I ever magically start making 4x the money I make now, though, I'll pick up an NSX. I'm a sucker for popup headlights.
:hfive: Me too, on both points. I still miss my Prelude.

Paul Boz_ posted:

Quite honestly I like seeing cars like that driven and parked in that kind of way.
Absolutely. The most expensive car in the local sports car club (Autocross club) is a 2011 Porshe 911 Turbo (wiki tells me that means it's a 997 Turbo); the owner bought it new for about $140K to replace his '99 911. I bugged him about it one day, we live in a climate that's 6 months of winter and 6 months of potholes - he daily drives it all year 'round, the AWD really comes in handy on snow and ice.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

My two British pile of parts.

And yet, I still love them both.
The car I lusted after in high school is the one on the right. I'd still like to get one sometime.

\/\/\/ either, but especially the P38. I didn't even see the Triumph at first, I was staring at the Landies and reminiscing. A TR6 would be hilariously inappropriate for me, which is a compelling reason to get one.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 6, 2013

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The P38? Or the TR6?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

DropShadow posted:

The other car in my garage, my wife's 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X:

The Laredo X pack was such a good value for the options that they discontinued it. I love this Jeep though. I'm not at all an SUV guy, but I enjoy driving it a lot, especially on road trips.

I have that exact truck, more or less, except mine's Stone White and an Altitude (meaning, black 20's/grill/tail gate accent). I love it. The 2014s don't offer a package close to as great a value.

Day I got it:

And during the winter, looking more Jeep-ish:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Samu posted:

It'll depend how the truck does out on the trails, but I could definitely see myself doing a mild lift and putting on some mud tires. The tires that come with the Pro-4x package will probably be fine though. I'll never become a rig pig douchebag with a 6 inch lift on a diesel 2500 with stacks coming out of the bed puking black smoke everywhere. People who lift trucks and then drive them exclusively on road are dickheads. I bought this truck because it seemed like a good balance of the drivability and practicality of a full sized truck and the capability of a Wrangler. I love Wranglers but they are kind of horrible as daily drivers. Plus, 31 grand all in for the Frontier versus 42 for a Rubicon? No brainer. The Sports and Sahara that are more affordable also have open diffs and a 3.30 rear axle with a $600 option for a 3.73 limited slip. The Frontier has the same Dana 44 rear axle and a locker.

Sounds like you will fit in just fine, bro truckin' is dumb as poo poo but there are plenty of people here with trucks, everything from hotrodded 50s/60s chevys to newish diesels. Hell, 3/4 of my vehicles are 20 year old and 50+ year old Jeep trucks.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wamsutta posted:

I have that exact truck, more or less, except mine's Stone White and an Altitude (meaning, black 20's/grill/tail gate accent). I love it. The 2014s don't offer a package close to as great a value.

Day I got it:

And during the winter, looking more Jeep-ish:

The white with the black grill and wheels looks really sharp here.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Here's my stupid car as of this weekend.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Well that's an interesting exhaust.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Samu posted:

I know AI isn't really into trucks,

Truck Things that will get you poo poo in AI:
*Rolling coal
*Mallcrawling
*Truck nutz
*Trying way too loving hard to justify why you need this big of a truck to do all of these manly things that you totally do because you are so manly that you need this manly truck to carry around your giant penis

Truck Things that will not get you poo poo in AI:
*Using trucks to actually do truck things
*Being Holdbrooks
*Using trucks to do stupidly not-truck things, like going fast :getin:

I honestly can't remember the last time I ever saw anyone jump down someone's throat for driving a truck instead of a car. There's certainly no shortage of Jeeps, Toyotas, Rangers, and delusional people who think that their Rover is anything other than sometimes-mobile yard art.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

IOwnCalculus posted:

*Rolling coal
*Mallcrawling
*Truck nutz
*Trying way too loving hard to justify why you need this big of a truck to do all of these manly things that you totally do because you are so manly that you need this manly truck to carry around your giant penis

*Being Holdbrooks

I honestly can't remember the last time I ever saw anyone jump down someone's throat for driving a truck instead of a car. There's certainly no shortage of Jeeps, Toyotas, Rangers, and delusional people who think that their Rover is anything other than sometimes-mobile yard art.

I beat my poor ranger to hell constantly. I4 5 speed with 119k on the clock. It's not a bad truck, but drat is it uncomfortable. I have been meaning to put a front bumper on it for about 4 years now and just haven't gotten around to it. Oddly enough (knock on wood!) I've never been stopped for it either. I did get stopped once when a cop was fishing for a DUI and when I asked him why he pulled me over he told me that I needed to remove the trailer ball from my oem rear bumper... He didn't even mention the fact that I have no front bumper/support structure with exposed frame rails. My boss is the head of the traffic department and has lost multiple bets over when I'd get a ticket for it. In general I don't think the cops give a poo poo and my truck doesn't see but 7000 miles a year.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Speaking of trucks, our new 2013 Ram 1500 delivered last Friday and so far it's been a blast.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Here's my stupid car as of this weekend.

I was going to warn you that stupid rusted hoods are frowned upon here, but then I saw who you are. Is this how it's going to stay, or is this only the beginning to a glorious.... thing? :allears:

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

Raluek posted:

I was going to warn you that stupid rusted hoods are frowned upon here, but then I saw who you are. Is this how it's going to stay, or is this only the beginning to a glorious.... thing? :allears:

Yeah, it's the start of something retarded. One of the selling points of the car was that the paint was shot. :eyepop:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

Yeah, it's the start of something retarded. One of the selling points of the car was that the paint was shot. :eyepop:

Can't wait :getin:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I'm showing the Monte Carlo at a car show this weekend. Dropped it off at a detail shop this morning and snapped a pic with my daily driver

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Since we're doing the "post your other ride/fleet/whatever", here goes.

Most people know my daily, E92 M3:

This is the wife's TSX, has K&N Intake, DC Sports header, test pipe and Tanabe Medallion exhaust, along with 161k miles:

I also have a DRZ400SM, with 3x3 airbox, jet kit, Yoshi RS2 Carbon exhaust, Edge tail light with integrated control circuit and Pro Taper bars:

And a Suzuki Marauder with Cobra pipes, jet kit, integrated turn signals, Corbin seat and custom Honda Fit orange paint:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hey our Rovers are just putting oil back into the earth where it came from. Don't blame us for trying renewing a non renewable resource :colbert:

In other news, I am really really thinking about getting a bike. I have seen lots of Enduros this past week, and it would make me happy to have something I can ride to work, but rip up and down the woods at my folks house during the weekends.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

IOwnCalculus posted:

*Truck nutz

What? :colbert:

IOwnCalculus posted:

*Being Holdbrooks

Oh, check. :smug:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ha, I forgot Ironic Truck Nutz.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Well, there is no way in hell I can compare to Holdbrooks, but I just got my first ever new car, 2013 Dodge Dart. It's my commuter car for work/grad school, and my wife when she has to travel for Nursing Clinical, so it just needs to be comfortable, decent MPG, and have a warranty. It may not be AI-worthy, but I love it so far.

Sales-lady going over a few things with my wife

Sitting at work, the Porsche was a client's.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MidasAg posted:

Well, there is no way in hell I can compare to Holdbrooks, but I just got my first ever new car, 2013 Dodge Dart. It's my commuter car for work/grad school, and my wife when she has to travel for Nursing Clinical, so it just needs to be comfortable, decent MPG, and have a warranty. It may not be AI-worthy, but I love it so far.

My boss bought one as soon as they were available (think he pre-ordered) and he absolutely loves it for commuting and monthly road trips. Good little cars and I was impressed how huge the trunk is, especially if you fold down the rear seats. I think he's up to 30k+ with no issues at all.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

NitroSpazzz posted:

My boss bought one as soon as they were available (think he pre-ordered) and he absolutely loves it for commuting and monthly road trips. Good little cars and I was impressed how huge the trunk is, especially if you fold down the rear seats. I think he's up to 30k+ with no issues at all.

I was surprised by the trunk size too. The trunk lid is so small, that you are not expecting much, then BAM, huge trunk. I'm coming from a 2003 Saab 9-3, and dimension wise, the cars are within 22" of each other. Trunk on the Dart is larger, and it gets better mileage. The only gripe I have, is I wish that the seat went just an inch or two lower. I might look into a custom bracket to lower it.

Otherwise, its a great little car. I am a little mad that they are making the 2.4 standard on the 2014 models, but, I needed a car when my Saab gave up the ghost, so I couldn't wait till next year.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

Riller posted:

Speaking of trucks, our new 2013 Ram 1500 delivered last Friday and so far it's been a blast.

Is that the Black Express special edition? I absolutely love those tucks and was really tempted to get one. Couldn't live with an automatic though.

Here's the new Frontier, I was getting played with at the first dealer I went to but did a quick search online, found the truck, walked into a different dealer and 2 hours later drove off in it. They beat the price of the first place by close to 4 grand as well. Really happy with it and I can wait to get it dirty. One of my favourite small things about the truck is that it has a proper handbrake and not a pedal one. Dirt roads here I come.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

You are not alone in that. I live in a place with 6 months of winter and 6 months of poor snowmobiling (and I don't own a snowmobile), but I'm sure I could find a way to have studded winter tires on a moped.

I worked with someone who rode his old CB350 year round, but I think he studded the tires himself. If all else fails you could do that.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

MidasAg posted:

Sales-lady going over a few things with my wife

Sitting at work, the Porsche was a client's.

I worked on the assembly line for that car and in the repair hole. Don't be surprised if this car falls apart like every other Chrysler. I'm still in contact with my friends on the assembly line and they are constantly being sent home early because to many cars are going into repair from workers not doing their jobs correctly. They hired a 3rd shift to produce this car and people got little to no training on how to do their jobs correctly. But hey there is a 1 in 3 chance I put the doors on your car.

Few things I like
- This thing feels like a race car when steering its so tight and responsive.
- For what it is the exhaust sounds niceee especially on the R/Ts
- The leather models are EXTREMELY comfortable
- I cant remember if it is all models but the passenger seat lifts up from where it meets the backrest to unveil a secret compartment

Few things I hate
- Shoddy build quality using cheap as hell parts because good suppliers couldn't keep up with demand, I've literally had trunk release cables not threaded through the correct bracket and they let it roll off the line that way because it will cost more for them to send it to repair.
- Sides of car are bland as hell
- I've crashed 3 of them, expect to die in anything over 15 mph.
- poo poo like this was done constantly

Guru Yaekob fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 7, 2013

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My buddy's Dart has been in the shop over 15 times already in the year he's had it.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My buddy's Dart has been in the shop over 15 times already in the year he's had it.

But, but..

Tweak.
Tweak.
Tweak.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Super Aggro Crag posted:

We had a girl win one in the plant and it broke down on the side of the road the second day she had it. She had to get it towed because something with the computer malfunctioned and it wouldn't shift past 1st.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
At the car show today. Wish I had a side by side with the white 67 mustang that was there.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Guru Yaekob posted:

We had a girl win one in the plant and it broke down on the side of the road the second day she had it. She had to get it towed because something with the computer malfunctioned and it wouldn't shift past 1st.

I test drove one and half a mile from the dealership, it made a crazy whirring sound and all the gauges went nuts and did several quick full sweeps then the whole gauge cluster shut off. Took the dealer two months to get a replacement and install it. They called me back for another test drive and I politely declined.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I test drove one and half a mile from the dealership, it made a crazy whirring sound and all the gauges went nuts and did several quick full sweeps then the whole gauge cluster shut off. Took the dealer two months to get a replacement and install it. They called me back for another test drive and I politely declined.

The R/T was delayed because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with the computers but the car actually was weaker than the other trims. When you would drive it and coast the rpms would constantly dip as if it was about to die. Then they changed the name to GT and then that is about the time I moved. I mean I'm sure some people will have this car for years to come but I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole, I've seen the repair hole loaded up with 950+ cars on days, we build 1200 a day. They give us shoddy rear end equipment to do the jobs as well so it isn't all the workers fault. I've seen them use duct tape to hold wiring together on some cars because we ran out of the other stuff.

Here is the secret seat
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/09/12/dodge-dart-seats-storage/70000155/1#.UiuiDcakrCc

Guru Yaekob fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Chrysler is just trying to make their cars more engaging for the customers. Will I make it to work today? :iiam:

No more simple Point-A to Point-B!