Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Pacific-Light/10037541

taco show has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Sep 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

quote:

Any anti-RoboCop poo poo

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Brainamp posted:

Nope.

Also yawning animals are adorable. :3:

A little late, but does anyone know why the trailer had the main theme from Terminator in it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The same reason everything action for a brief period had a slightly changed version of the Inception main theme.

Studio marketing managers.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

jiharlequinade posted:

You're right, I'm jumping the gun. I'm willing to wager :20bux: that I'm right, though.

What type of odds are you giving? How are we judging whether it is good or not? I want in on this action.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Guillermus posted:

But thanks to that lack of subtlety, a goon made this piece of art:

:neckbeard:

I was actually just going to post that as a response, but I wasn't sure whether that counted as a reaction gif or a macro.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Holy poo poo, are these guys commandos or something?

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Slim Killington posted:

It's not inexplicable, they make up some stupid thing that automatons aren't allowed to fire weapons, so he has to have a human hand that can shoot the gun. That kind of calls for it to be obvious. (I'm not saying this is a good idea, just that it's not unexplained)

Aside from his leg gun being shown on his robot side, all instances of him shooting in the trailer are with the gun in his robot hand. The only time you see a gun in his human hand is when he's holding it so his robot hand can break someone's neck. Maybe next time they should consult a cybernetics expert.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

That's some nice giffin', son. What's your name?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It's true that Robocop isn't a very subtle film, which is why it always surprises me that it goes over so many people's heads.

Robocop is also one of the greatest films of its time, and the remake has all of the earmarks of being shoddy garbage.

Robocop 2 was alright.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Verhoeven movies tend to do that because even at their least subtle they ride the line between satire and schlock very closely.

I was disappointed in the human hand precisely because it's a hugely non-subtle thing in the original when the doctor proudly boasts they saved Murphy's arm and Bob tells her to cut it off essentially because he signed off on a badass robot and he wants a badass robot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

We really got ripped off when they decided to go with USB. I imagine a future where nerds carry data switchblades.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Someone find or gif up Dick Jones' ridiculous long arms fall please :)

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I had never noticed that.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Chuck Norris is weak against firewood.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Chard posted:

Withholding judgment until a .gif leaks of the new ED 209 pulping some over-eager junior suit

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

Apparently it's going to be PG-13, judge away.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Gaggins posted:

Spetsnaz, I bet.

New Robocop looks like crap.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Metanaut posted:

Spetsnaz, I bet.

New Robocop looks like crap.

Nah. He's just having a cyborgasm.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gaggins posted:

Could be for a movie or something. I'd like to know the source, too.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

I had never noticed that.

I've always been curious why that was. Assumably he needed his actual arms to hold onto something?

edit: well poo poo, only now do I see it's a puppet. Always got distracted from the face by the arms.

davidspackage has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Sep 7, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

davidspackage posted:

I've always been curious why that was. Assumably he needed his actual arms to hold onto something?

It's because it's a somewhat janky rod-puppet.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bwah bwah bwah.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Excuse me, I have to go burn down all of Hollywood now.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

davidspackage posted:

I would guess they intended the arms to be angled further towards the camera to create a better sense of perspective. As is, I still love it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looks like the new Robert Cop will be a PG commentary on drones rather than about privatization/Detroit, which isn't a good sign.

Not a gif but had to post vvv

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

What does he see? Is it a banana? Is it a rope on which latex men will descend and distribute punishment?

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

muike posted:

What does he see? Is it a banana? Is it a rope on which latex men will descend and distribute punishment?

That is how I played Super Mario 64 when it first came out. Same stare trying to look around corners. That was fun.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Was cleaning out my files, going through an old folder of random images I DLed from SA, and found this gem from an amazing threads months back:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

What happened to that game?
Was it ever finished?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek