Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
What if she runs into alternate, dimension hopping Eva?

Eva + Eva + Main Character = Everybody dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This just popped up:

Looks like Ken hasn't forgotten what Eva looks like.

I do wonder why she's using the candy instead of her own magic, though

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 31, 2013

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

The ones Negi eventually uses are ones made by her in the first place.

Also, I'm glad we get to see old Eva. I miss her ridiculous frilly outfits.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, forgot about that. Didn't she abandon them, though, since she didn't need them anymore? Like she did with Magia Erebea.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I might be projecting, but even mini-Eva is still kinder looking than she ever did in Negima.

Honestly, I just want her to be happy, haha, fictional character and all.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 31, 2013

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

ChronoReverse posted:

I might be projecting, but even mini-Eva is still kinder looking than she ever did in Negima.

Honestly, I just want her to be happy, haha, fictional character and all.

Yeah. And I trust Akamatsu enough with character development that I doubt it came out of nowhere; I'm going to guess that decades with a bunch of actual friends has really mellowed her.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
I don't know. Eva was at her best when she was being a bored, unrepentant, all-powerful troll. I would hate to lose that.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Eva the Teacher was always my favorite.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

FrantzX posted:

I don't know. Eva was at her best when she was being a bored, unrepentant, all-powerful troll. I would hate to lose that.

Well, she was also cheerfully sadistic before, so I guess she just lost that. Probably still not giving a poo poo about anything though.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
For lack of a better term, it seems that Eva has finally ditched the 'vamp' aspect she played up. Maybe even she decided she was getting a little too old, and a little too Face, to be conforming entirely to the traditional Dark Queen role.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Come to think of it, the difference in style of her adult form is pretty much just her outfit. Black leather and all just leaves a different impression.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Looks like Chapter 2 is up on MangaStream.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about Touta. Despite the "I don't care about becoming stronger" bit, he comes across as an almost aggressively generic shonen main character. He started to show signs of actual angst, but then it was turned into a joke.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Silver2195 posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about Touta. Despite the "I don't care about becoming stronger" bit, he comes across as an almost aggressively generic shonen main character. He started to show signs of actual angst, but then it was turned into a joke.

You say that as if Negima weren't generic as hell at the start.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Soooo... Akamatsu wants in on that hot K-ON! action? Can't say I saw that coming.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nate RFB posted:

Soooo... Akamatsu wants in on that hot K-ON! action? Can't say I saw that coming.

That implies that they play music in K-ON!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think it's hilarious that the MC's reaction immortality is "Damnit, now I'll never hit puberty so I'll never get the singing voice I want!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So the shounen goal de jour is: Not becoming the new Louis Armstrong in and of itself, but growing old and reminiscing about it while drinking with friends "like cool cats."

New best shounen goal.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 6, 2013

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

So the shounen goal de jure is: Not becoming the new Louis Armstrong in and of itself, but growing old and reminiscing about it while drinking with friends "like cool cats."

New best shounen goal.

This is why I can't wait to read more of this. Absolutely silly and awesome.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

So the shounen goal de jure is: Not becoming the new Louis Armstrong in and of itself, but growing old and reminiscing about it while drinking with friends "like cool cats."

New best shounen goal.

I think you mean du jour, not de jure.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

New best shounen goal.

Isn't that what all adventurers want?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Is that the Chao Bao Zi on page 14?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

veekie posted:

Is that the Chao Bao Zi on page 14?
I remember Mahora having rail cars like that, but it might not be the Chao Bao Zi itself. Or it might just be Akamatsu reusing models, he probably has a ton of assets sitting around on his computers he can call up when he wants to add an object.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Uh oh, a tournament in space. That went well for Last Order.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This is definitely Akamatsu's Harem Builder 4.0. Each iteration Akamatsu's tastes "mature" a little. Ken loves Eva and Naru so much, he put them in two harems each.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

So, uh, did anyone notice that Touta's friend with the good singing voice looks like Fate? And Fate did have a good singing voice in Negima (that one chapter near the end when they went to karaoke)?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Zeether posted:

So, uh, did anyone notice that Touta's friend with the good singing voice looks like Fate? And Fate did have a good singing voice in Negima (that one chapter near the end when they went to karaoke)?

^^
He cheated there.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

veekie posted:

^^
He cheated there.

He cared enough TO cheat.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Lamebot posted:

Uh oh, a tournament in space. That went well for Last Order.
It's better when you read it all at once. It was also so ridiculous you can't not like it.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Gearhead posted:

He cared enough TO cheat.

Or he could be messing with Negi. He cares a lot about that too.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

So, the newest chapter's already been translated ahead of time.

The not-Setsuna girl gets introduced in a fanservice-y way, Touta wants to make friends with her (although it sounds like the character is androgynous? Dunno about that) but she's been hired to get rid of Eva and the chapter ends with Eva stabbing her

Oh, and the date's been confirmed to be 2086 so pretty much every Negima character is probably dead except for Mana, possibly Zazie, Ayaka and Asuna if she's still sealed. Unless time travel happens or a flashback.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/UQ-Holder/003?id=174391

Link for the chapter.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Zeether posted:

So, the newest chapter's already been translated ahead of time.

The not-Setsuna girl gets introduced in a fanservice-y way, Touta wants to make friends with her (although it sounds like the character is androgynous? Dunno about that) but she's been hired to get rid of Eva and the chapter ends with Eva stabbing her

Oh, and the date's been confirmed to be 2086 so pretty much every Negima character is probably dead except for Mana, possibly Zazie, Ayaka and Asuna if she's still sealed. Unless time travel happens or a flashback.

I think the latter part of what you said is doubtful. Why on earth would Negi be buried with Touta's parents but without whoever he fathered his mom or dad with unless they were still alive?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Blhue posted:

I think the latter part of what you said is doubtful. Why on earth would Negi be buried with Touta's parents but without whoever he fathered his mom or dad with unless they were still alive?
Well, a clearer shot of one of the gravestones says Negi "died" in 2085. Whether or not that's true is anyone's question (it probably isn't)

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, so is NewSetsuna a boy or a girl?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Like many kissmanga releases as of late, this is missing pages. Go here instead: http://www.mangapanda.com/uq-holder/3

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

PerrineClostermann posted:

Its uncertain so far, but probably a girl, raised as if she were a boy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Blhue posted:

Its uncertain so far, but probably a girl, raised as if she were a boy.
I'm fairly certain a guy wouldn't instinctively hold the towel high enough to cover his upper chest.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

I really really want them to be a boy just because UQ Holder having a mainly male core cast would be a big change for Akamatsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Definitely one of Setsuna's. Socially awkward, single minded badass swordsman. Also I doubt even Touta could fail to identify a girl from a full frontal view. Definitely a girl raised as a man.

• Locked thread