Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I assume it's going to be on Steam, but we don't know until XSeed says something about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Steam, almost definitely.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

WendigoJohnson posted:

Is this coming out on Vita? This means I'm going to have to get a Vita....

Maybe I'll hope beyond hope and this will get released on the Wii-U or some other nitche platform that I already own.
Trails exists on Windows, PSP, and PS3. Xseed already released the first one on PSP, but I suppose they could jump straight into SC on Steam as well.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Please put FC on Steam, please please please please please...

Wendell
May 11, 2003

So the first post in this thread is the guy showing where XSeed's hint image originates from, followed by every other poster making completely random guesses that have nothing to do with anything and completely ignore his evidence. Great forum.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Wendell posted:

So the first post in this thread is the guy showing where XSeed's hint image originates from, followed by every other poster making completely random guesses that have nothing to do with anything and completely ignore his evidence. Great forum.

The OP was edited later on with the updated hint. It was just a few pixels at first.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Trails in the Sky SC confirmed for PSP/Steam next year, TitS 1 coming to Steam this winter.

Carpe Fulgur (Recettear, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners) is assisting with SC's translation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Were there any substantial differences between the PSP and PC versions of the first chapter? I don't mind re-buying it on Steam, at least.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

The OP was edited later on with the updated hint. It was just a few pixels at first.

Oh, okay.

So this is what you've been doing all this time!

Do these games have a save transfer? If they do it's probably impossible for my complete save of the first PSP game to connect to the second on Steam.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

quote:

Were there any substantial differences between the PSP and PC versions of the first chapter? I don't mind re-buying it on Steam, at least.

PSP added a few things, though according to this little interview on RPGamer, they're hoping to add the PSP additions to the steam version - http://www.rpgamer.com/features/2013/interviews/xseedfall2013int1.html

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
Yeah, we're gonna do our best to make sure this is the best release we can. Widescreen support, PSP features if possible, and whatever else. You can look forward to the same quality you've come to expect from my work, I think.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Sara pretty much produces miracles from her fingertips, so I have little doubt the PC version will be amazing. Uh, no pressure, Sara. :x

But god, it feels so good to be able to talk about this. Been wanting to for a million years. Please look forward to it!

Meanwhile, shifting back to Yschat, god but I was blown away when I saw the Celceta LE for the first time. I may have to doe-eyes at the senior XSEED dudes to guarantee I get a copy. And according to Tom there's tracks in there dating back all the way to '89 and all the way up to Ys Zanmai. I seriously cannot wait.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

This is the best loving news I've heard all day. Added a bit to the OP about it, I'll add a section for the games themselves once I get the chance.

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
I can't loving wait to play SC. No really, it's going to be amazing.

Also Zwei 2 seems to be on the cusp of releasing.

edit: It seems like an incredible long shot, but if there was some sort of tiny print run of physical SC I would buy it, no joke.

sandpiper fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 7, 2013

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know anything about the franchise, but as I have Felghana and Recettear, I'm naturally excited. :dance:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Yay! :neckbeard:

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
This is the best birthday news ever. Thank you for this!

Now to make it to '2014' intact.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Congrats on making Trails SC happen, CP! Here's hoping Japanese devs will be taking the PC more and more seriously in the future.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:confused: Trails of the what? If this is as good as people claim and we already have this first chapter released is it available for pc as well?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mindblast posted:

:confused: Trails of the what? If this is as good as people claim and we already have this first chapter released is it available for pc as well?

It is available on PSP apparently, and will release on steam as well this winter.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Trails in the Sky, or the Sora No Kiseki trilogy. It's a trilogy of turn-based rpgs from Falcom's long-running series "The Legend of Heroes," which is about as old as Ys itself, give or take. The first game was released on PC in 2004, ported to the PSP, the PSP version was brought over, and the rest of the world saw gently caress-all of the PC version until this announcement.

Also they have a gently caress-ton of unique NPC and story dialogue. How much?

That much.

Ed: That's not including NPC dialogue, BTW.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mindblast posted:

I completely agree with the common opinion about Trails, but don't take our word for it: here's an lp of the first game if you want to check it out (currently in-progress).

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

I remember how bummed I was when Falcom announced they were focusing on portables because of trouble with PC distributors in Japan when over here Steam had already blown up. It's fantastic they're turning that around in a big way. Thanks for all the work you're putting into this, guys.

Zombiecop
Jul 2, 2007
I picked up Legend of Heroes 6 for PC when it was new but never played the PSP version. Aside from aesthetics is it any different from the PC version?

I'm curious which version will end up on Steam, the PC version or some ghastly port of a PSP game...

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Zombiecop posted:

I'm curious which version will end up on Steam, the PC version or some ghastly port of a PSP game...

It'd be the PC version. They said they were adding extras from the PSP version to the PC version but it should be glorious PC mode for display and such.

The announcement got me excited enough to go back and play the first game. No, not Trails in the Sky FC, Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes. Man, Falcom has come a long way since "MANKIND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE POISONNNNN~".

Zombiecop
Jul 2, 2007

toddy. posted:

It'd be the PC version. They said they were adding extras from the PSP version to the PC version but it should be glorious PC mode for display and such.

The announcement got me excited enough to go back and play the first game. No, not Trails in the Sky FC, Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes. Man, Falcom has come a long way since "MANKIND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE POISONNNNN~".

That's Very good news.

I got Legend of Heroes the same birthday that I got Final Fantasy 2, a bit over 20 years ago. Inevitably I compared the two and thought that FF2 was the better game, but Legend of Heroes was absolutely charming. I wanted it because it was made by the same people who made Ys which is a whole other thought. I ended up importing Legend of Heroes 2 and a little while later the PC Legend of Heroes 3, 4, 5, and 6. I'm very excited to finally play 6 in English after buying it like, 10 years ago.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Thinking of asking for a thread name change. If you've got any suggestions, toss 'em here.

Also if there's anything you want me to add to the LoH:TitS section of the op, just holler at me and I'll put it in.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lance Streetman posted:

Thinking of asking for a thread name change. If you've got any suggestions, toss 'em here.

Also if there's anything you want me to add to the LoH:TitS section of the op, just holler at me and I'll put it in.

Falcom Megathread: gently caress walls

Zombiecop
Jul 2, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

Falcom Megathread: When the wind of Legend blows over again , it begin to make a new adventure...

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about a thread name change/purpose change unless you want this to become a general Falcom megathread anyway; once PC Trails FC gets close to release I was planning on making a Trails-specific thread for that release and to lead up to the release of SC. I imagine :trailschat: will move over there once that's up, and this thread will go back to being mostly about Ys.

toddy. posted:

I so badly need to track down a copy of that at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Just to have it around and maybe emulate it. The voicework. :allears:

I forget, is it known if LoH1 was done by the same studio that did the TG16 version of Wanderers?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about a thread name change/purpose change unless you want this to become a general Falcom megathread anyway; once PC Trails FC gets close to release I was planning on making a Trails-specific thread for that release and to lead up to the release of SC. I imagine :trailschat: will move over there once that's up, and this thread will go back to being mostly about Ys.

Honestly, this thread gets so little traffic and the thread is already kind of a general Falcom megathread that we could probably do both without much trouble. I do kinda want to keep the Ys part in the title just because it's kinda the thread focus, but I wouldn't mind adding something about TitS.

Your call, though. You're the one helping get the game out there.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

Honestly, this thread gets so little traffic and the thread is already kind of a general Falcom megathread that we could probably do both without much trouble. I do kinda want to keep the Ys part in the title just because it's kinda the thread focus, but I wouldn't mind adding something about TitS.

Your call, though. You're the one helping get the game out there.

Continuing the honesty, then :v:, I'll really leave it up to you and other thread denizens. I didn't mean to "dictate" the course of the thread, just that you shouldn't feel pressured to change the thread purely for the sake of a few Goons working on a Trails title, especially when there's going to be a dedicated thread for it in a few months when there's more to immediately discuss.

What I'm tryin' to say here is, I don't want to feel like I'm hijacking the thread, especially since I've got a whole lotta love for a red-headed swordsman and his crew.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
You could probably add Legend of Heroes to the thread title if enough people wanted you to but I'd think most people could draw a line connecting Falcom to the series at this point.

I have a pretty good feeling having Trails on PC will generate a lot of hype for the series, maybe enough to get Snk3rd, ZnK and AnK translated as well. That's a far shot, though, these games are huge. They also take about 4 times longer to complete when you have the limits of reading Japanese like a 2nd grader like me! :downs:

Also I changed my av to reflect the Trails hype up in here.

Edit: Also Zwei2 is apparently on the edge of BoF releasing that translation patch anytime soon. You'll probably hear me screaming again when it drops.

toddy. fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 9, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Is there any chance of Zwei 2 coming to Steam here? I don't want to spend a lot on the import copy.

Zombiecop
Jul 2, 2007
Falcom Megathread: TitS and Yss.
Yses? What's the plural of Ys?

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Zombiecop posted:

What's the plural of Ys?

BurgerTime Deluxe.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Zombiecop posted:

Falcom Megathread: TitS and Yss.
Yses? What's the plural of Ys?

Maybe Y'S.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Thinking of "Ys is the TitS - Ys and Falcom Megathread, Starring Trails in the Sky." Or something like that. Trying to fit Trails in the Sky in there without making it too cumbersome is kinda hard.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Everybody loves TitS - Ys/Falcom Megathread, now with Trails in the Sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

I like it. Anybody else have any opinions/suggestions? Because if not, I think I'll pm a mod about changing it once I finish playing FFVIX.

• Locked thread