Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Paul Boz_ posted:

Clean lines, huge slicks, big aero, and loving Marlboro livery.
Works on bikes too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It's a cooling fan. Motor runs hot. :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Not that hot, though, I've seen hotter.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Holy poo poo if that isn't :smuggo: incarnate.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

VikingSkull posted:

Not that hot, though, I've seen hotter.

I'm sort of bummed this didn't take off into its own series or something, what a genius idea.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Sorry but F1 cars should be bright yellow and have shark faces on the front.

:colbert:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Vitamins posted:

Sorry but F1 cars should be bright yellow and have shark faces on the front.

:colbert:

Buzzin Hornets was better

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Motronic posted:

Newp. It's within about 50 lbs.

It's been done, but you pretty much need to tear the front end apart because the flat 6es are so wide.

Good god that looks so strange in there. It must be confused, being in the correct end of the car and all. :v:

e: Is the badge plate one molded piece with no headlights? I can't see the lift motor anywhere and there doesn't seem to be any gaps where the lights are.

drgitlin posted:

At that point wouldn't it be better to take the bits you like from your S2 and put them on the 968 instead?
Sounds silly, but I am in no way a fan of the 968's looks. It doesn't have the aggressive lines of the 944.

Also Motoronic, just how good is the 968 6speed transaxle? I'm quite happy with the 5 speed in my S2.

e: Red Bull stuff does indeed look great on anything. In Forza 4 I made a bunch of muscle cars with Red Bull style liveries, including fictional "classic" logos which I got someone to make for me.

e2: I shall now be controversial and say that the best F1 car + livery combination is not one of the many lovely Tobacco Sponsored Ferraris, Mclarens, Lotus or Williams... but the 7up Jordan B191.

Falken fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 8, 2013

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've got to go with the last wingless cars.

This is it. Right here. Nothing more gorgeous than the Eagle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Small towns always have awesome poo poo

1961 Studebaker Hawk - $13,500.

1952 Crosley - $5,700.

196? Studebaker - $4,900.

1962 Metropolitan - $5,900.

1948 Crosley - $3,500.

These are all for sale and I have contact info and location for anyone interested.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 8, 2013

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
That first shot (Studebaker?) is a gorgeous machine. What is that thing even worth these days?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Backov posted:

That first shot (Studebaker?) is a gorgeous machine. What is that thing even worth these days?

He wants $13,500 for it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Small towns always have awesome poo poo

These are all for sale and I have contact info and location for anyone interested.

There's a Hawk like the first picture down the road, they park it in front of a winery. Looks great.

That second one looks like a Lark Daytona, just like mine. Except nicer than mine. Edit: don't think it's a Daytona, looks like bench seats in front instead of bucket seats.

Were there any prices listed? Where is this? Beautiful drat cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I updated my post with prices. I have phone numbers for everything if you are interested but I didn't want to post those here. These are all on a small lot in Geneva, Indiana. About 42 miles from Fort Wayne.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I updated my post with prices. I have phone numbers for everything if you are interested but I didn't want to post those here. These are all on a small lot in Geneva, Indiana. About 42 miles from Fort Wayne.

The Lark for $4900 is probably a pretty good deal if it runs ok and isn't rusted out (Do they use salt on the roads in Indiana). Mine cost $4700.

Edit: vvvv buy it buy it buy it buy it

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 8, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

The Lark for $4900 is probably a pretty good deal if it runs ok and isn't rusted out (Do they use salt on the roads in Indiana). Mine cost $4700.

They salt the gently caress out of my town but the smaller towns don't do as much. I was in a hurry so I didn't really look at them too closely other than "Whoa, cool cars we're stopping!"

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Falken posted:

e: Is the badge plate one molded piece with no headlights? I can't see the lift motor anywhere and there doesn't seem to be any gaps where the lights are.

Probably. That's a pretty typical all-fiberflass piece you'd find on a track slut.

Falken posted:

Also Motoronic, just how good is the 968 6speed transaxle? I'm quite happy with the 5 speed in my S2.

It's pretty awesome depending on what it's going into. 5th in yours is .0778, as is 6th in the 968. So putting a 968 6-speed into a 944 N/A (which has an 0.730 5th) makes for a great highway car. More importantly, it's the right ratios at the right places on a lot of tracks. It also fixes the stupid decision of putting a 951 trans with an .0829 5th gear into the S which really can't effectively push it (feels like the car falls on it face in 5th unless you are in the absolute sweet spot of the power band).

Personally, I want one for my DD for the highway scenario. I just don't race much anymore and don't see any near future that has me buying a track slut again.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Spied this little guy the other day

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
I dunno if there was some car show this morning or what, but I saw a bunch of random neat things. Most of them while I was on the highway of course, so I couldn't get any good pictures, but I managed to snap this while coasting to a stop light.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Early nineties F1 will forever be the definition of the 'F1' shape for me, for one reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jAzarFOl5I

I spent/wasted so much of my childhood with that thing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

sadnessboner posted:

Early nineties F1 will forever be the definition of the 'F1' shape for me, for one reason:

I was more of a Nigel Mansell's World Grand Prix fan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZOITqbtatk

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I was away from the forums for a while and have a few pictures that have been collecting on my phone in that time. In order from oldest to newest.

Early 70s Monte Carlo spotted on the highway.

'63 Galaxie 500. Owner keeps it in great shape and it sounds awesome.

Buick going by the portholes but that's all I could tell you.

'66 Thunderbird. The blue is close to accurate in the last two pictures, deep blue metalflake and the door sill is the perfect height to prop your elbow on while driving.

Turbo if I remember correctly, tech at another shop owns it.

A high end detailing shop is on my route to/from work and I make a point to check out what they have every time I go past. The only time I was ever stuck in traffic long enough for a shot was when this was there. The paint was beautiful.

'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, fresh from the body shop after sitting for years.

60s Caddy spotted on a test drive.

NSX spotted on another test drive.

Almost tripped over this car one night because it was all black and low to the ground. Probably driven by a couple of jerks who don't even track it. :rolleyes:

First GTR seen up close and in the wild. Definitely on the Want list.

'81 (?) Starlet, rotary, tubbed, caged and clean as all hell. Friend of a coworker owns it and stopped by one day.

12 cylinders and not a speck of dirt on it. The guy also owns a 928S that may or may not be a grey import and is in similar condition.

Small garage down the street from the detailing shop always has a bunch of interesting cars sitting around and in seemingly good shape.

Sitting in the parking lot at work today when I showed up. Manual with nice paint and no crappy appearance add-ons. I'm jealous.

Just found a folder with older pictures so I'll put them here if anybody wants more.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Saw this loving mint Dodge Omni today:

(Click for big)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Fayez Butts posted:

I'll go ahead and be a dick and say it, but given how many posts before this one had cars that didn't seem to deserve photos taken of them, I'm torn between saying "well played" to this on the assumption that it was a satirical post or asking if there's something actually awesome about that car because I know nothing about Chryslers.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'll go ahead and be a dick and say it, but given how many posts before this one had cars that didn't seem to deserve photos taken of them, I'm torn between saying "well played" to this on the assumption that it was a satirical post or asking if there's something actually awesome about that car because I know nothing about Chryslers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Omni#GLH (pictured)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_GLHS

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think that was kind of the point of the random cell phone pics of cars thread :rip:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

I love AI :allears:

Spaceship F1 need to be in the air as well.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 9, 2013

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amBTr9kcJes&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DamBTr9kcJes

This Audi commercial actually made me laugh out loud, best non-VW car ad I've seen in a while.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

(Click for big)

American compact cars are so alien to my experience that they honestly look like made-up grand theft auto vehicles meant to represent broad design trends. And the wiki article says they apparently got VAG engines?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

sadnessboner posted:

For some reason the DUCKHAMSDUCKHAMSDUCKHAMSDUCKHAMS banner makes me laugh.

Falken fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 9, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:3:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

:drat:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Samu posted:

This Audi commercial actually made me laugh out loud, best non-VW car ad I've seen in a while.
That is good, but the best diesel/petrol related ad still goes to this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0a06gsiF4

e: Unlike alot of these 'banned' adverts, I actually recall seeing it on TV.

Superuser008
Feb 7, 2011

Slavvy posted:

And the wiki article says they apparently got VAG engines?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_K_engine#2.2_Turbo_I

Err...no.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Oddly enough, the 2.2 was used in a (licensed) VAG car.

quote:

The 2.2 was made at Chrysler's Trenton Engine plant in Trenton, Michigan. In 1995, Chrysler sold much of the machining equipment, as well as a license to the design, to First Auto Works of China. The Trenton plant largely switched to the new Chrysler 3.3 engine production, while FAW continues to build the 2.2, which they used in their version of the Audi 100.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Bang Me Please posted:

'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, fresh from the body shop after sitting for years.

Dang. My very first car was an '86 Cougar, same body style. This makes me extremely nostalgic.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

In 1979 they had a VW engine, I had one. I think in 80 they had a Pugeot engine or something and then Mopar finally made the 2.2 for 1981.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
This summer, the organization that I work for was donated a custom ZL1 Camaro to raffle off in support of prostate cancer research.

The car is a one off 2013 ZL1 as such it has a custom paint job by Ron Gibbs, custom wheels, and custom interior with signatures of Paul Tracy, Ron Fellows, Alex Tagliani, Scott Goodyear and Richard Spenard on the dashboard. It was built to celebrate TADA (Trilium Automotive Dealer Association) 40th anniversary to be put on display of the Toronto International Auto Show which is what they organize. After the auto show TADA generously decided to donate the car to our organization.

So then it began, the crazy summer of 2013 where we applied for a lottery license, decided to sell raffle 10,000 tickets at $20 apiece and started trucking the 580HP monster Camaro across Ontario from ribfests to ribfests, from one mall to another mall, from car show to car show and slug it out every weekend and most work days. It was truly a great effort from a complement of staff that is quite small and had never done anything like this before.

We first displayed the car at the Toronto BCE place at their exotic car show:

Here is the interior.

This Sunday we were at the Cruisin' for a Cure car show in Brampton that's organized by a fantastic prostate cancer survivor by the name of Jim Dorsey for 7 years in a row now. We had the car there symbolically as we actually sold out the Raffle past Friday to our amazement - two weeks before the draw!

The details of the paint job are amazing - it's actually hard to photograph as the purple on black is so subtle.

I love how the purple ends with checkerboard pattern at the tail end of the car.

There were 461 cars in attendance of the event, particular standouts include this insane twin turbocharged Camaro SS with a wide body kit and custom front end.

The gentleman who owns it also has a charity car rally every year called Tim and Brenda's Place: http://www.timandbrendasplace.com where he raises money for prostate cancer and other great causes.

This is another of his cars that he brought in to the show - custom 59 Impala with side exhausts, hydraulics and well pretty much most insane everything about it I have ever seen.

Unfortunately working the events doesn't allow me much opportunity to walk around and take many pictures but if you wish, I can post some other ones taken by my colleagues.

The great thing is that this crazy Camaro has allowed us to raise close to $200,000 for prostate cancer research. Having sold out early only made everything sweeter and it allows us breathe a sigh of relief that we succeeded at something we never though be possible.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Daniel Simon posted this on his facebook feed today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

Samu posted:

Of course the douche would let his wife pump his fuel.