Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rottweilers are good choice for a dog with weight to throw around. Mine is 95lbs and sprints across the house and jumps into my arms every time I come home. He owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well not that much weight, but probably in the 30-50 pound range. A corgi would've been a compromise, a standard or giant schnauzer is most ideal, but australians and collies are growing on me. It'll be a shelter dog and not a puppy, whenever I randomly decide to pick one up.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A zoo has decided to give two cheetah cubs a Labrador puppy as a friend. Cheetahs and dogs get along pretty well in captivity, because cheetahs are the most dog-like of the big cats, and can be pretty tame. Here is the article: http://news.yahoo.com/dallas-zoo-raise-cheetah-cubs-labrador-puppy-172752348.html

And here is the puppy

Theres another dog-cheetah couple at Busch Gardens. The dog and cheetah play together and keep each other in shape.

Dogs are good friends. Sorry about the cheetahs in the pictures, but I thought it was cute

Damage8185
Mar 29, 2010
Here's a short video of my dog Thor (German Shepherd) and my sister's dog Nigel (Terrier/Chihuahua mix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=our2E__E-Eo

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

A zoo has decided to give two cheetah cubs a Labrador puppy as a friend. Cheetahs and dogs get along pretty well in captivity, because cheetahs are the most dog-like of the big cats, and can be pretty tame. Here is the article: http://news.yahoo.com/dallas-zoo-raise-cheetah-cubs-labrador-puppy-172752348.html

And here is the puppy

Theres another dog-cheetah couple at Busch Gardens. The dog and cheetah play together and keep each other in shape.

Dogs are good friends. Sorry about the cheetahs in the pictures, but I thought it was cute

Anything capable of 0-60 in less than 6 seconds is cool in my book.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

So the breeder just sent me another pic. Said Dakota just got done with a bath and that he loves to swim around in the tub.

Look at his face. :3:

This wolf keeps singing the baby into silence when it cries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhA_TTKetyM

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
In that vein https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwwIFpw8_lQ

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
My wife and I got back from our delayed honeymoon in Barbados on Saturday night. Sunday morning we went to her parents house to pick up the dogs. They were so happy to see us it was ridiculous. Scuda was tackling me (60 pounds now) and whining, licking my face. Chloe was jumping on us and barking.

:3::3::3::3:

I'll post some Scuda pictures later, she's getting so big.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We left Logan in the yard overnight Sat-Sun (about 18 hrs, really) so we could get drunk with friends. The next morning when we got back you'd think we were gone for months...he was whining, he peed on the floor, sprinted in circles, etc.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Archer every day when I go to work, apparently.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

Archer every day when I go to work, apparently.

:3:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota went to the vet this morning.

Here he is getting weighed.

Here he is getting checked out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your dog is freakin' adorable.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All these dogs own. Every single one of them.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
all of these dogges are good dogges

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

They would own more if they were all mine. :3:

Oh Lordy, they lean over like little motorcycles. :3::3:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

And here is the puppy

I hate cats, but Cheetah's own. When I was on Safari in Tanzania, in a pop-up safari rover, a loving cheetah jumped on the back tire and was climbing up onto the SUV (we think to get ontop of the pop-up roof to hunt).

However, when you're face to face with a cheetah in the wild it's a bit unnerving. I have a video of it on my FB feed as another car recorded the whole thing and their laughter. All I remember was my friend's wife screaming "it's on the car", my wife trying to run forward in the car and me looking around to see orange fur.

I think that cat was just trolling us.

Edit: To add something dogge related, I love corgis and I need to get on allergy shots so I can get one. Edit2: Or a German Shepard.

Huh, yeah, I'll see if I can find the original video and get it on a private youtube link.

TCD fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 9, 2013

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Get that poo poo on YouTube, posthaste. :catstare:

I would like to nominate the cheetah as Honorary Dogge in this thread.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Cheetahs are considered to be the only big cat that won't attack the gently caress out of you when it hits adulthood if it's raised around people.

Everything else thinks you're a big snack.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Guess who came home early?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
:3: look at that doggie

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Photodump incoming.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Photodump incoming.

yesssssssssssss

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

OMF:3:

(side note: my German Shepherd was named Dakota, so between Logan and this my jealousy scale is at Mean Girls levels)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Photodump incoming.

You are doing Gods own work here son.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mr. Nice! posted:

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Mr. Nice! posted:

It would be impossible for me not to be petting this dogge 24/7

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We got home and he had a new place to explore. First we went to the yard incase he needed to pee. He didn't and just walked back onto the cement over to me like "what's up, boss?"

So we went inside and got some water.

After water we again ventured outdoors. He was hesitant about the steps at first but managed them fine.

Back inside in the kitchen I tossed him a squeaky ball. He ran towards it and got tired right upon arrival.

He was undaunted by his exhaustion, though, and went after the ball.

It slipped from his reach and he had to get up a bit.

He eventually gave up and came over to see me.

After sufficient pettings he just flopped on the floor.

When I got up and walked around he seemed to have got a second wind, so we rassled for a bit.

He's all tuckered and asleep now.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

We got home and he had a new place to explore. First we went to the yard incase he needed to pee. He didn't and just walked back onto the cement over to me like "what's up, boss?"

After water we again ventured outdoors. He was hesitant about the steps at first but managed them fine.

Back inside in the kitchen I tossed him a squeaky ball. He ran towards it and got tired right upon arrival.

When I got up and walked around he seemed to have got a second wind, so we rassled for a bit.

Best post 2013 gip

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Whoa. Awesome dog. Although don't let him get used to chomping on you during play. That could reinforce bad behavior.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Bob A Feet posted:

Best post 2013 gip

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nice!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mr. Nice! posted:

Quoting

Up voting if this was on reddit.

Diggin this

Retweeting

Instagramming

Qtiyd

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Now that you have one you must get him a friend!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cole posted:

Quoting

Diggin this

Retweeting

Instagramming

Qtiyd

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah anytime my hand is in his mouth I make it clear there is no biting. If he bites at all, he gets warned. He's been going after my toes so we've got some work, but it's coming along well. We just did a few minutes of getting used to his kennel. So far so good.

He did pee a little bit on my floor when I walked into the kitchen. I didn't realize he had woke up. No scolding him, though. Just keeping an eye so I can take him outside and reward him next time.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Cole posted:

Quoting

Diggin this

Retweeting

Instagramming

Qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That post might get me a corgi.

Here's a Logan, it's been a while:

Edit: Today he got a package in the mail...a new collar (he broke his old one), a nicer harness, and a longer (6') leash from Lupine. Their poo poo is guaranteed for life, even if it's chewed through. And the prices are about the same as Petsmart.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 9, 2013