Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
benem
Feb 15, 2012

graynull posted:

No one needs muting more than Serana. She needs to be bound, gagged and thrown over the back of my horse

I mean, Nexus should have you covered, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Just started a new game using SPERG and I have a couple of questions: I seem to gain Conjuration experience constantly despite not knowing any conjuration spells, is that normal? Also, I can't seem to get Uncapper to work at all. I've tried adjusting the files in MO, tried unpacking and editing the ini manually and then loading it in MO, and I've tried just removing it from MO entirely and sticking it directly into my data folder. I always get the little popup screen that says Uncapper has loaded when I start up the game but as far as I can tell it isn't doing anything. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Did you make sure that the SPERG uncapper file isn't being overwritten by another uncapper file?

I recommend grabbing the full Uncapper from the Nexus, copying over the contents from SPERG's uncapper file, and making sure that all of the settings are enabled in the Vanilla Uncapper file.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Gilg posted:

For Frostfall, how important are the cloaks and the cloak mods it recommends (Cloaks of Skyrim, Winter Is Coming)?

scamtank posted:

Not required. The mod itself comes with a few flavors of cloaks you can whip up for yourself in the Survival Skills crafting menu, but even they aren't that essential for survival.

I didn't realize Frostfall has its own cloaks, since I added the two other cloak mods. They add some nice variety so they're worth it I think.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I just installed Frostfall and is it normal that I can't walk from the tavern in Winterhold to the college without nearly dying of exposure? I'm wearing a cloak and something in every other slot but I was overencumbered and nearly froze before I could get back. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get back to the rest of the world without having to set up camp every hundred meters.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Cerevisiae posted:

I just installed Frostfall and is it normal that I can't walk from the tavern in Winterhold to the college without nearly dying of exposure? I'm wearing a cloak and something in every other slot but I was overencumbered and nearly froze before I could get back. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get back to the rest of the world without having to set up camp every hundred meters.

Try taking off all your poo poo and putting it back on again. I had a little glitch-out in Windhelm where I left Ulfric's throne room a warm man and fell over frozen solid on the inn's doorstep. After a few rounds of that I checked my survival status and none of my fur garments were counting. I was naked as far as the counters were concerned.

I think it had something to do with changing to an armor set in the SkyUI favorite menu.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Cerevisiae posted:

Also try re-running the WEAR function in the MCM Menu. Might help.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Raygereio posted:

Time to link my favorite anti-SKSE rant again. Some people are just really, really dumb. For extra fun: check the "update" at the bottom. The SKSE download has always included a readme file with basic instal instruction.

:stare:

Even NMM is too complicated to figure out? You click a button on a website and then click a button inside NMM. That is like, the same steps required for a mod off steam workshop (never use steam workshop).

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Berke Negri posted:

:stare:

Even NMM is too complicated to figure out? You click a button on a website and then click a button inside NMM. That is like, the same steps required for a mod off steam workshop (never use steam workshop).

I like how "I just recently installed the latest version (first time install) and followed the readme inside of the SKSE download, and didn't run into any problems." is a comment that is "uncalled for, rude, and serve(s) no purpose but to provoke people."

It always amazes me how many people with access to an Internet connection can remain utterly baffled and ignorant about any relatively simple topic. I mean, if you just don't give a gently caress about it, that's one thing, but why would you spend an hour writing a rant about how you don't understand/know how to do concept/task "X" when you could spend the same amount of time looking up X on Google and come away with a good basic grasp of how it works/how to do it?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So seeing as Immersive Animations can put one handed swords on your back, daggers on your back and shields on your back - Is there a reason there are no mods that alter the location two handed weapons are sheathed?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Because two-handed weapons are enormous and there's not a lot of possible places to put them?

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Scyantific posted:

I recommend grabbing the full Uncapper from the Nexus, copying over the contents from SPERG's uncapper file, and making sure that all of the settings are enabled in the Vanilla Uncapper file.

Yeah, I was using the full Uncapper, but it wouldn't run from inside MO for whatever reason. I finally solved the problem by removing both Uncapper and SPERG's uncapper ini from MO entirely and just copying them directly to the Data folder.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Sesquiculus posted:

Yeah, I was using the full Uncapper, but it wouldn't run from inside MO for whatever reason. I finally solved the problem by removing both Uncapper and SPERG's uncapper ini from MO entirely and just copying them directly to the Data folder.

Hmm. It should run without issue from within MO. Was the directory for it "[Mod Organizer]\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins"? That would be the default directory MO installs it in.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Alasyre posted:

Hmm. It should run without issue from within MO. Was the directory for it "[Mod Organizer]\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins"? That would be the default directory MO installs it in.

For some reason the Uncapper INI doesn't get overwritten by SPERG's version of it in Mod Organizer. Every time I've had to copy the INI from SPERG to the Uncapper to get it to work properly when first setting it up.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Cerevisiae posted:

For some reason the Uncapper INI doesn't get overwritten by SPERG's version of it in Mod Organizer. Every time I've had to copy the INI from SPERG to the Uncapper to get it to work properly when first setting it up.

I think it loads whichever was installed last, but there's no reason to have two of the same file anyway. I just delete SPERG's uncapper .ini and adjust the default one with SPERG's setting.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Alasyre posted:

I think it loads whichever was installed last, but there's no reason to have two of the same file anyway. I just delete SPERG's uncapper .ini and adjust the default one with SPERG's setting.

It's supposed to work that way but even with MO telling me that SPERG's Uncapper INI is overwriting it I would still gain 1 perk per level.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Is there a mod that fixes the eye adaption? Or ini weaks? I've just started a new game and the eye adaption is really god awful. :argh:

I don't remember it being that horrible and the only mods that could possibly have an effect on this are CoT and maybe ELFX. I've used both before and I swear it wasn't this awful the last time.

Only difference now is that I started the new game with all mods enabled were as last time I did that after I left the Helgen dungeon. Helgen can't be that glitchy, right?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Is there a mod that fixes the eye adaption? Or ini weaks? I've just started a new game and the eye adaption is really god awful. :argh:
This mod edits the Eye Adapt Strength and Speed values in the Image Spaces and makes the eye-adaption-effect not so absurd.
I've updated it for Dawnguard & Dragonborn.

Certain mods such as ones that mess with the weather can add their own Images Spaces. With TES5Edit you can easily edit their Eye Adept Strength and Speed values to that of the Fixed Eye Adaptation mod.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 9, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Realistic Lighting Overhaul tries something different from other mods by slowing the eye adaptation rate so it takes a long time as opposed to changing instantly. I haven't really noticed it since installing this so I guess it works.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Raygereio posted:

This mod edits the Eye Adapt Strength and Speed values in the Image Spaces and makes the eye-adaption-effect not so absurd.
I've updated it for Dawnguard & Dragonborn.

Certain mods such as ones that mess with the weather can add their own Images Spaces. With TES5Edit you can easily edit their Eye Adept Strength and Speed values to that of the Fixed Eye Adaptation mod.

Thanks. I think the unmodified version is what I used last, no idea where that went, though. :)

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
Red Mountain visible in Skyrim is a really cool idea. It's a shame the mod maker placed it so far north.

E: It seems he's using the Beth placed Red Mountain low res landscape with the Dragonborn ash pillar. Still, pretty cool idea.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41561//

willjbish fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 9, 2013

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
With your SPREG mod, could one just use every-other perk and have the same effect, honorary? Or do you actually need the community uncapper for some other reason.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Diet Lime posted:

With your SPREG mod, could one just use every-other perk and have the same effect, honorary? Or do you actually need the community uncapper for some other reason.

The uncapper settings also control the levelling speed of your skills and control the amount of points your stamina/magicka/health/carry weight increase on level up.

I'm not sure if Sperg requires the uncapper to run but without it you will definitely become insanely overpowered.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It doesn't fail at startup, no. I didn't realize something was amiss with my first 3.0b game until I realized I had too many perk points to spend.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Finally gave in and upgraded to the new ENB and tried out some of the fancy new configs out there. ENB has really come a long way!
With everything turned up to 11 the game looks amazing, but then I'm only getting like 18 to 20 fps.

I'm now stuck in that dilemma of performance vs. pretty looking graphics. If I turn off SSAO it still looks pretty great and I can get like 24 fps average, but it will still dip down below 20 if there is a lot going on or something.

Anyone know any good options to disable to squeeze out a few more fps without making things look too much worse?

I feel like one could devote a whole thread to ENB modding and configs...

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
Anything specific with setting up the uncapper, or is the \skse folder's contents enough>?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

RennZero posted:

Finally gave in and upgraded to the new ENB and tried out some of the fancy new configs out there. ENB has really come a long way!
With everything turned up to 11 the game looks amazing, but then I'm only getting like 18 to 20 fps.

I'm now stuck in that dilemma of performance vs. pretty looking graphics. If I turn off SSAO it still looks pretty great and I can get like 24 fps average, but it will still dip down below 20 if there is a lot going on or something.

Anyone know any good options to disable to squeeze out a few more fps without making things look too much worse?

I feel like one could devote a whole thread to ENB modding and configs...

Try the texture optimizer. Depending on your resolution and which mods or texture replacers you're using (if any), you could decrease everything to =<2048px or even =<1024px. Some mods use unnecessarily high resolution textures for armours and weapons and the like, none of that poo poo really needs to be greater than 2048px, ever.

Otherwise, start with anti-aliasing and then try some lower quality levels for the settings in the ENB config. IIRC, the newer ENBs introduce new forms of AA that will probably put further strain your computer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So... somebody has released a mod that apparently makes the higher uGridsToLoad more stable and less prone to crashing.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41592//

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
Okay, so maybe I need some help. I installed the latest version of More Hotkey Please (I NEEEED those cyclers! Otherwise +80 spells is for squat)- and the problem I am having is that it's stopping the controller's L and R button from switching tabs to sell in a trader.

It appears to be related to changes in the new UI. Also, it does work when you click the tabs, or hit the key the menu displays- alt. Also, it's displaying keyboard key infographics while I have it set to MKB, but only for certain functions I haven't been able to figure out how to assign.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Diet Lime posted:

Anything specific with setting up the uncapper, or is the \skse folder's contents enough>?

The SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini from Sperg and the SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll from the Skyrim Community Uncapper go to the Data/SKSE/Plugins folder. That's it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hopefully I'm not reposting something that I missed when reading the thread the first time, but there's a fairly awesome site cataloging comparison screenshots for different ENB configurations. http://skyrim-comparison.wikidot.com/ It's amazing, even if everything shown there is for low-100s ENB version ENB profiles, you can use an author's earlier works to see ROUGHLY what a newer offshoot of a previous setup would look like. Pretty awesome to me!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Why is it that when I launch the game normally my .ini tweaks work, but when I launch the game through the mod manager they don't? The only mods I've got installed are sperg and skyui along with their requirements. I'm getting really tired of lovely draw distances and non self shadowing trees :goleft:

edit: nevermind figured it out! Weird that the mod manager thing has it's own built in ini editor that overwrites whatever changes you make manually but whatever!

Mr. Sharps fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 10, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr. Sharps posted:

Weird that the mod manager thing has it's own built in ini editor that overwrites whatever changes you make manually but whatever!
That's because with Mod Organizer you can setup different profiles where each profile has it's own mod setup and .ini tweaks.
The .ini files your MO profile uses are stored in \ModOrganizer\profiles\<profile name>\

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Regarding Falskaar, the OP says that you need compatibility patches to avoid broken saves, but the Falskaar page doesn't link to any. Is there a list of mods that need compatibility patches?

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
So apparently Undeath is even more broken than I previously thought. I found some directions in the comments that solved the quest progression issues but apparently Undeath drastically alters Fellglow Keep, the quest location of Hitting the Books, so that it's impossible to finish. First there's rubble in the hallways that lead up to the Ritual Chamber and after toggling collision off to get past it, because clicking on the debris and using the disable command did nothing, it turns out the door to enter the final room is just gone.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009
SkyRE question - Why is the mod apparently obsessed with Japanese weapons? There's tanto specific talent trees, along with wakizashi specific talents. I don't even know what a wakizashi is! It makes absolutely no sense to have more japanese/akaviri themed weapon talents than, say, broadsword talents.

Also, should I be using the uncapper if I just want to get all the perks for everything (Even though it'd take hundreds of hours of played time?)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cerevisiae posted:

So apparently Undeath is even more broken than I previously thought. I found some directions in the comments that solved the quest progression issues but apparently Undeath drastically alters Fellglow Keep, the quest location of Hitting the Books, so that it's impossible to finish. First there's rubble in the hallways that lead up to the Ritual Chamber and after toggling collision off to get past it, because clicking on the debris and using the disable command did nothing, it turns out the door to enter the final room is just gone.
Are you sure it's Undeath that's causing it? Because I just went through the Winterhold questline without Undeath activated at all, and when I went back to Fellglow Keep to get the Julianos Blessing I had the same thing happen. Blocked passages and the missing ritual chamber.

E: Further investigation into the UESP indicates that the passages upstairs become blocked after completing Hitting the Books. And there was a nexus thread where someone had the same problem back in May. So it can't be Undeath that's causing it.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 10, 2013

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

KFJ posted:

SkyRE question - Why is the mod apparently obsessed with Japanese weapons? There's tanto specific talent trees, along with wakizashi specific talents. I don't even know what a wakizashi is! It makes absolutely no sense to have more japanese/akaviri themed weapon talents than, say, broadsword talents.

Also, should I be using the uncapper if I just want to get all the perks for everything (Even though it'd take hundreds of hours of played time?)

A Wakazashi (literally translates to side arm) is a type of shoto sword, it's just a sword about two foot in length. Japanese swords are measured in "Shaku" which is just under a foot. It boils down to three lengths, Tanto, Shoto and Daito. Essentially 1 foot or less is Tanto, 1 to 2 feet is Shoto and 2+ feet is Daito.

While it is true each sword would have it's own fighting style in real life, TES games have never particularly cared about that, especially the last two which just boil down to one handed and two handed. Separate skill trees is hilariously dumb, especially when it's that painfully obvious that this guy knows gently caress all.

...I'm not a weeaboo, I just like arms and armour in general.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 10, 2013

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Luminaflare posted:

A Wakazashi (literally translates to side arm) is a type of shoto sword, it's just a sword about two foot in length. Japanese swords are measured in "Shaku" which is just under a foot. It boils down to three lengths, Tanto, Shoto and Daito. Essentially 1 foot or less is Tanto, 1 to 2 feet is Shoto and 2+ feet is Daito.

While it is true each sword would have it's own fighting style in real life, TES games have never particularly cared about that, especially the last two which just boil down to one handed and two handed. Separate skill trees is hilariously dumb, especially when it's that painfully obvious that this guy knows gently caress all.

...I'm not a weeaboo, I just like arms and armour in general.

I really just wanted to make a sneaky character with stupid dagger crits but a hilariously in-depth skill tree for daggers. SPERG is good for that but it's a bit easy to me.

Also, I think the limit of the average weeaboo's knowledge about Japanese weapons is that there's katanas.

KFJ fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Two of the best mods out there.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4390/

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4385/

Tails can get the gently caress out.

• Locked thread