Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

What Goons Think:

The final update to this OP:

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Lol some of you dudes have like 4 pages of posting saying how bad this game is. Fifa must be like an abusive boyfriend you can't leave.
This man speaks the truth. See you all in FIFA 15!

After 5 months, the glitches come into play:

Tzen posted:

Speaking of glitches, had some gently caress up happen during a match the other night. Of course both our kits were bright green, the field was gone, and everything was covered in a blue glow:

Overall it was a poo poo match but somehow I pulled off a win. :pcgaming:

After 3 months, what do fellow Goons think of the game?

Soulex posted:

wife just broke my game because I was yelling at the xbox because the game is the game. So, thats that...

gently caress off Fifa 14. Suck my goddamn dick you broken piece of poo poo. I hope that your developers get goddamn herpes in the goddamn rear end in a top hat you festering oval office. gently caress this poo poo. Listen to Pissflaps, gently caress this goddamn game.

edit: I know Ill et poo poo for this post but gently caress it. this game is bullshit.

Sin Dios posted:

Dude, you're a loving moron.

There's nothing wrong with the game, EA has been working on this engine for like 8 years straight, it's a work of art by now, it's gotten deeper and deeper over the years, the amount of control you have over the players is insane and it's all based off of real football, those of us who actually know how to play, deeply enjoy it because we can easily win, and do it by playing beautiful football... I've been demolishing opponents while dribbling all over the place because I've gotten so comfortable in the game by now, I rarely allow goals in, and I'm just an AVERAGE fifa player.. you must be complete poo poo, you're much better off not playing the game.

EDIT: Also, I think the main and most hilarious issue here is that this guy is SUCH a goon that he's been throwing tantrums and screaming and doing god knows what because of a videogame, to the point where his wife/friends had to intervene and BREAK the game for him? wow, dude sounds like a real gem...
Release Day Update:
The reviews are in, FIFA 14 is the best game ever. See what this Something Awful Forums poster had to say:

vaginal culture posted:

Embrace it, its the future. Big Benteke and Lukaku playing together as god intends. You can customize any squad and don't have to accept the binary reality anymore.

Week Two Update:

Since the demo is being released tomorrow and the game is nearly here, it's time for a new thread!

DATES:
FIFA 14 demo is available on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC starting on 10 September.
FIFA 14 is out on 24 September 2013 in North America and 27 September in Europe.

LINKS/ENGINE UPDATES/NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:

PURE SHOT
Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net.

REAL BALL PHYSICS
Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance or drill low rising shots with accuracy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL8Hqncvc_s

PRECISION MOVEMENT
Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real footballers.

PROTECT THE BALL
Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the tempo of the match.

TEAMMATE INTELLIGENCE (lol)
Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking.

ULTIMATE TEAM LEGENDS
Craft your ultimate dream team with a mix of 40 legendary players—including Pelé—competing alongside today’s football stars. Legends will be randomly included in Gold Packs or available through the Transfer Market beginning with the launch of the Xbox One.

CO-OP SEASONS
Play with a friend online against two other online friends anywhere in the world in 2v2 ranked online play. Plus, Match Day has been expanded to Seasons and Co-op seasons, completely connecting fans playing online to the football season for the world’s top leagues.

CARRYOVER DETAILS
FIFA 14 will allow fans to bring their experiences to the new generation of consoles this year. In addition to a number of FIFA 14 Ultimate Team carryover options, players moving from Xbox 360 to Xbox One or PlayStation 3 to PlayStation®4 will be able to transfer their progress in other modes including EA SPORTS Football Club, Career and other online modes.

Other links/resources:
FIFA Soccer Blog
FUTHead
FUTWiz

And here is a huge list of FIFA 14 youtubes: right here click right here

And here is how you do knuckleball freekicks in FIFA 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCuRdfZ8I1E

Tzen fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I didn't buy FIFA13 because it was poo poo. If FIFA14 isn't poo poo I will consider buying it. I doubt any official blog can provide me with the information I need.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Is there a reason why Juninho isn't in FIFA's retarded list of top 20 free kick takers in the game? I mean the guy only scored an eye watering 75 direct free kicks. Arango #1 free kick taker is a bit dubious to me as well.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Is there a reason why Juninho isn't in FIFA's retarded list of top 20 free kick takers in the game? I mean the guy only scored an eye watering 75 direct free kicks. Arango #1 free kick taker is a bit dubious to me as well.

It was addressed in the 13 thread, but the ratings have pretty much been abysmal all around this time. This is just one specific example, but Fredy Montero had a 78 IF released two weeks ago, and has scored 5 goals in three games for Sporting thus far (In a league with much tougher competition than the MLS). He is a 74 in this edition. The list of poo poo ratings goes on and on. As for Juninho's case, players get shittier and slower as they age in FIFA's world regardless of actual real world performance. A few players escape this, but it is very few.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I didn't buy FIFA13 because it was poo poo. If FIFA14 isn't poo poo I will consider buying it. I doubt any official blog can provide me with the information I need.

but it wasn't poo poo

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I will be buying FIFA 14 for PC using my student loan.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vivisectvnv posted:

but it wasn't poo poo

Check pg 1 of the old thread.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I will be buying FIFA 14 for PC with my salary because I'm a huge manchild.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I already preordered it on PC :colbert:.

Also I just finished installing the demo.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Seltzer posted:

It was addressed in the 13 thread, but the ratings have pretty much been abysmal all around this time. This is just one specific example, but Fredy Montero had a 78 IF released two weeks ago, and has scored 5 goals in three games for Sporting thus far (In a league with much tougher competition than the MLS). He is a 74 in this edition. The list of poo poo ratings goes on and on. As for Juninho's case, players get shittier and slower as they age in FIFA's world regardless of actual real world performance. A few players escape this, but it is very few.

Don't IF ratings kinda not matter at all, since they're boosted off a players current good form and not their normal ability?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

NinjaSteve posted:

Don't IF ratings kinda not matter at all, since they're boosted off a players current good form and not their normal ability?

Yea, the point was he was a gold last year, played his rear end off this past season, played his rear end off so far this season, got and in form two weeks ago and then was downgraded in FIFA 14. There are poo poo ratings across the board. That one just stands out because I watch the Portuguese League and to see EA upgrade him weeks ago then poo poo on him is really stupid.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I bet the defending AI is still absolutely retarded

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

NinjaSteve posted:

It is bullshit though because he goes on loan to a better team/league and continues to play his rear end off and score goals. He hasn't downgraded at all in skill and has, if anything, improved. Overall, a lot of these ratings are frustrating and I hope FUTHead and other sites are wrong or that EA updates it before everything goes live.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Scott Bakula posted:

I bet the defending AI is still absolutely retarded

Nooooooooooo it is not.

The AI in general seems a lot tougher, I had serious problems scoring/winning games even on professional, when I can score like 10 goals on pro in 13.

e: They also actually make attacking moves and shoot at the goal from range etc.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 10, 2013

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

apparently through balls are really overpowered and Montero is not better than a 75 base rating.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hopterque posted:

Nooooooooooo it is not.

The AI in general seems a lot tougher, I had serious problems scoring/winning games even on professional, when I can score like 10 goals on pro in 13.

e: They also actually make attacking moves and shoot at the goal from range etc.

I meant the AI of my team when I'm defending

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mynameisjohn posted:

apparently through balls are really overpowered and Montero is not better than a 75 base rating.

through balls have always been overpowered because the game relies so much on pace, could you speculate on what base rating Altidore is likely to get?

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Anyone else getting crazy graphical glitches on PC when it cuts to replay or pretty much anytime there are players being rendered outside of in-game play? Game itself plays nicely with a 360 controller plugged in on PC. Bit miffed that it isn't getting the graphical overhaul that the PS4 and Xbone version is :(

And agreed, using your 9 to hold up play and then thread in through balls = goals GOALS GOALLSSSSSSSS to your CAM or wings.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I can't wait to play with the 4-3-3 with the false 9 in UT, strong striker with good ball control feeding the LW/RW/CMs while a High/High CDM anchors the operation, it's gonna be tasty.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

NinjaSteve posted:

through balls have always been overpowered because the game relies so much on pace, could you speculate on what base rating Altidore is likely to get?

69 I would think

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aellisr posted:

Anyone else getting crazy graphical glitches on PC when it cuts to replay or pretty much anytime there are players being rendered outside of in-game play? Game itself plays nicely with a 360 controller plugged in on PC. Bit miffed that it isn't getting the graphical overhaul that the PS4 and Xbone version is :(

And agreed, using your 9 to hold up play and then thread in through balls = goals GOALS GOALLSSSSSSSS to your CAM or wings.

No glitches here, and yeah, PC didn't get "next gen" (current gen) features and engine until 2010 or so, so enjoy the last year or two of good fifa for a while if things go the same way.

e: So some things I've noticed:

1) Playing against the AI is a lot more fun now that it actually takes shots and does interesting stuff instead of basically just stonewalling and passing it around midfield forever

2) I'm gonna guess it's part of the new ball physics improvements, but running with the ball at full sprint is a little more out of control and sometimes you'll play the ball ahead a little too much and lose it really easily, especially if you move right from first touch-> full sprint. I like this, because it's gonna make running around like a madman with a super pacy team at least a little less amazing.

Anyway, so far it feels really good and I can't wait for the actual game to come out.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 10, 2013

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

oh em gee bee ess posted:

Never mind. Link for the curious: http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay/article/fifa-14-top-20-free-kick-takers

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 10, 2013

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Didn't they already make this game last year?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Pissflaps posted:

There he is, what took you so long.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hopterque posted:

There he is, what took you so long.

What, exactly, are you implying?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Pissflaps posted:

What, exactly, are you implying?

Nothing, someone already made a pissflaps joke.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Pissflaps posted:

They did make a very similar game last year pissflaps, but this one is actually newer as shown by the increase in number from 13 to 14. I hope this helps :)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wonder how these games will improve visually with the next generation of video games console appearing on the market.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder how these games will improve visually with the next generation of video games console appearing on the market.

It's very exciting isn't it, I feel like I'm venturing into the unknown

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Lower ratings all around make sense as in 13 players were unrealistically good, about every single player could hit the target 9/10 times with shots from outside the box constantly making the goalkeepers work, toning down long shots and finishing would help make the game more realistic.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I may end up on PC this year cause I can't be bothered to pay for Live again.

Gonna get my 5'7 girl CB back in the pro circuit.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm hoping there's enough regular PC players so we can have a goon pro club this time.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Why don't you buy 14 then trade up to a PS4 and 14 again, see what you think, then Parm with us? The father of Parmos should make a return imo

If it sweetens the pot, the controller on the PS4 is essentially the same, so you won't have to learn all new buttons

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'm not planning to get a PS4 tbh I just don't have the patience anymore.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Can you play futsal in the new fifa soccer?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm going to buy fifa because I buy fifa every year.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I'm going to buy fifa because I buy fifa every year.

This

Also here are the demo teams if this hasn't been mentioned

A fair amount of quality players to play with

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Curious they picked Milan instead of Juventus.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

TheBigAristotle posted:

This

Also here are the demo teams if this hasn't been mentioned

A fair amount of quality players to play with

Haha they well picked spurs cos of Bale and now he's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Except he's still on the team in the demo, so, welp.

• Locked thread