Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. E. Maybe a little... there sure are a lot of them.
2. A. Danal getting hurt, of course! He is my little brother!
3. B. A little! My butt may be on the line here!
4. B. I am finding it a little hard, but I keep calm.
5. C. Order Danal to stay here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
1A
2D
3B
4B
5 I :
Order Danal to stay. Explain that we should see how the battle turns out. If our mighty men wipe the floor with them then we can begin to go closer to see the end of the slaughter. Taking a few household guards with us if possible.
If everything goes to poo poo then we should head to the river and get a raft.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. Are you afraid of the monstrous horde?
E. Maybe a little... there sure are a lot of them.

2. As Danal moves to climb down, what is your PRIMARY concern at this moment?
A. Danal getting hurt, of course! He is my little brother!

3. Are you frustrated or angry that Danal is disobeying you?
C. Quite a bit! Why won't that kid listen to me? I know whats best!

4. ....but you are going to keep calm, right?(Only pick one if you did NOT vote for A for #3 above)
D. There is an army of monsters AND I could get in trouble AND Danal could slip and hurt himself! I am finding it hard to remain perfectly calm here! He SHOULD listen to me, damnit!

5. As Danal moves to climb down you....
D. Danal WILL stay up here and do what I say!

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1)E
2)B
3)B
4)B
5)E

I'm a little scared, there are a lot of them....if Danal gets hurt, I'll get in trouble! Doesn't he realize that? I'm starting to get frustrated that he won't listen, and I'm trying to stay calm...it's time to tell Danal that his dad wants him to stay here. Maybe name dropping Tudiya will stop Danal.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1B. We've prayed to El before. So far he's always helped us out.

2A.

3C.

4E. Enidel engages in some mental bargaining. Rather than letting stress kill of his brain cells, he promises to himself to let the beer do it instead. He'll do his best to stay calm right now, and will drink himself into a stupor once the minotaur invasion blows over to let those pent-up feelings flow away.

5E.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
1.B
2.A
3.B
4.B
5.E

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

1. F
2. A
3. B
4. B
5. G. "The battle hasn't started, Danal. The minotaurs will close this distance before it does. There are so many that they could easily separate into groups and attack the city and the mighty men from different directions. This is the best spot to watch for that, and it's up to us alone to be the eyes of the city and the army. When the action starts, you can sit on my shoulders to see better.

Danal, do you know if the army uses any drums, signals, or other instruments to communicate in the roar of battle? When we see something important, we'll need a way to tell the mighty men right away.

I know you want to be a hero today. And you will be. Is it heroic to put your city in danger so you can seek out fun and personal glory? No, you're better than that. A true hero always puts his people first."

HBar fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 10, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

1. + really wish we could go fight them anyways

2. This feels like the "decent human being" choice even though on some level we probably know that a fall won't even bruise a descendant of Labaras like Danal.

3. we're human afterall, but he's a kid and we don't really expect him to always do what we want

4. This is way less stressful than being told to fetch a ball.

5. Do this

Captain Mediocre posted:

I. Remind Danal that the palace is currently full of women (including our mother) and puppies, and if any of them slip past the mighty men we and Danal are the only bad enough dudes for quite some distance who will be able to help defend them. The household guard clearly aren't nearly as awesome as us, so we need to be on hand to help them out. Remind him further that as the King's son this duty is expected of him (regardless of how true that is).

Even if we don't get to fight, just being here will make the women feel safer.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1D We're a teenager, and thus, immortal. 2g gently caress yah, adventure. 3a By this point, we probably regard Danal as a little brother, why would we get mad at him? 5h Better view is always better, and besides, we got nothing to worry about.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
C. No. These battles happen a few times a generation and I know we always win without much trouble, even if this is the first time I have seen it.

We have heard a lot of stories, but seeing this is something else. Honestly though we have nothing at all to compare to this as uncomfortable as that is. Our heart is definitely racing.

A. What? No, of course not. (like this part of what is happening is something new?)

In essence this exact moment is what we have actually been training for. If further more direct action is needed we will take it. For now staying here is the thing to do. This is all par for the course and we have a great deal more practice with managing this with Danal than almost anything else we know. This is an exercise of will over our internal state as we have now done again and again. It is developing into a capacity for self discipline and clear thinking.

4. ....but you are going to keep calm, right?(Only pick one if you did NOT vote for A for #3 above)
Voted 3-A

B. Repeat your message, more forcefully.

There are times when we have had to draw a line and this is one of them. This, keeping Danal safe and looking ahead when he cannot, is more a test of our training than swinging a staff will be. Additionally we can't see because they are still far away. They will get closer. We need to wait here, even though it is very hard, maybe the hardest thing we have ever done.

Plus...
E. Other

His response is totally understandable and we should let him know that. We share his desire and it is a good thing. Plus this is huge. We have never seen an army, let alone an army of giant monsters. We have a whole lot going on internally. We also have a habit of exercising our will from an early age, sometimes in extreme circumstances and using this to keep Danal from harms way. Keep a watch. Let things unfold.

Questions: Tell Danal you have never seen this before and you want his help to understand. Can he remember an attack like this? What does he know about them? Maybe he has not seem this. What stories does he know? Who does he think the best Olaphim is to call on in a situation like this? How would he do that from here? Could we try that before we do anything else, while we wait for the armies to get close enough that we can see them? What does he know about Minotaurs? Tell him you can see a banner and have him look for it. Does that mean that is where the King of the Minotaurs is? Do we have a banner? Who carries it? Have him describe what the Mighty Men will do from his point of view. Ask him to look around carefully for dust and signs of other monsters, since we can see more from here than anyone else in the whole city. Can he see any dust? Is there anything on the river? We have to keep a look out since the army will not be able to see these things. Get him to tell these stories to you, as best he can.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1C
2D
3D
4D
5G
Plan: We need to be the scouts from on high in case of attacks from other directions.

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
1. E - We are afraid, but in a way that only makes us want to see the battle up close even more.
2. G - Despite the fear that we are feeling, the lure of seeing these monsters and a real battle up close is too strong.
3. B - Of course we are concerned, but Danal's move has given us the excuse to go and view the battle. "He is the prince" may be flimsy, but we are, after all, a teenager.
4. A - Calm like a fox.
5. H - Let's see a battle!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. A + D

2. A

3. E. A little be annoyed but we understand. Other than that we're completely calm.

4. A.

5. I. Point out that we have a better position here to defend the palace and our families. We can see everything around and no sneaky minotaurs are going to get us. Instead of going to the wall, we'll describe everything that's happening right now. Emphasis on how boring it is because the minotaurs are still some miles away, so why run to the wall and miss the fight? Also Tudiya commanded we stay and defend the women, children, sisters, etc.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't want to order Danal to do anything. Sure, in the short term, it'll get us what we want (maybe), but it's going to plant resentment if we start throwing our weight around. Resentment that he's going to cash in on when Tudiya pulls him aside in the future and says "Oh yeah, Enkidel is totally your slave by the way. You can free him if you want, but that's your choice."

We need to stick with subtlety, let him have our way.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1: F. I mean... a LOT, could this be more than normal...?
2: A. Danal getting hurt, of course! He is my little brother!
3: B. A little! myOur butt(s) may be on the line here!
4: B. I am finding it a little hard, but I keep calm.
5: I. Give him a speech that appeals to us being the rear guard, that we will fail our duties if we leave our post.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Sogol posted:

C. No. These battles happen a few times a generation and I know we always win without much trouble, even if this is the first time I have seen it.

We have heard a lot of stories, but seeing this is something else. Honestly though we have nothing at all to compare to this as uncomfortable as that is. Our heart is definitely racing.

A. What? No, of course not. (like this part of what is happening is something new?)

In essence this exact moment is what we have actually been training for. If further more direct action is needed we will take it. For now staying here is the thing to do. This is all par for the course and we have a great deal more practice with managing this with Danal than almost anything else we know. This is an exercise of will over our internal state as we have now done again and again. It is developing into a capacity for self discipline and clear thinking.

Voted 3-A

B. Repeat your message, more forcefully.

There are times when we have had to draw a line and this is one of them. This, keeping Danal safe and looking ahead when he cannot, is more a test of our training than swinging a staff will be. Additionally we can't see because they are still far away. They will get closer. We need to wait here, even though it is very hard, maybe the hardest thing we have ever done.

Plus...
E. Other

His response is totally understandable and we should let him know that. We share his desire and it is a good thing. Plus this is huge. We have never seen an army, let alone an army of giant monsters. We have a whole lot going on internally. We also have a habit of exercising our will from an early age, sometimes in extreme circumstances and using this to keep Danal from harms way. Keep a watch. Let things unfold.

Questions: Tell Danal you have never seen this before and you want his help to understand. Can he remember an attack like this? What does he know about them? Maybe he has not seem this. What stories does he know? Who does he think the best Olaphim is to call on in a situation like this? How would he do that from here? Could we try that before we do anything else, while we wait for the armies to get close enough that we can see them? What does he know about Minotaurs? Tell him you can see a banner and have him look for it. Does that mean that is where the King of the Minotaurs is? Do we have a banner? Who carries it? Have him describe what the Mighty Men will do from his point of view. Ask him to look around carefully for dust and signs of other monsters, since we can see more from here than anyone else in the whole city. Can he see any dust? Is there anything on the river? We have to keep a look out since the army will not be able to see these things. Get him to tell these stories to you, as best he can.

Voting with him.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

As Danal moves to climb down you ask him a series of questions. He does not move and his answers occur in a strange semi-frozen state with nothing else progressing. This is a necessity for playing one character as a group, time has not really frozen and nothing supernatural has happened.

quote:

Can he remember an attack like this?
He shakes his head.

quote:

What does he know about them?
"Monsters come and Dad and the Mighty Men beat them up and chop them to pieces!"

quote:

Who does he think the best Ophanim is to call on in a situation like this?
"Faradnu! I am sure he is watching!" You know Faradnu to be the Ophanim most closely associated with war, conflict and mankinds struggle against monsters.

quote:

How would he do that from here?
"Call him! But I am sure he is already here!"

quote:

What does he know about Minotaurs?
"They are bulls that stand on two legs and are big and strong and COME ON or we are gonna miss it all!"

quote:

Tell him you can see a banner and have him look for it. Does that mean that is where the King of the Minotaurs is?
"I don't see it" you point. He shakes his head "I don't see it and I don't know."

quote:

Do we have a banner? Who carries it?
"Yes! Look!" You see some men are raising banners beyond the city gate. A single white sandal on a brown backdrop. "Zepa's Sandal!" The shoes of the semi mythic founder of your city. You have seen the image before but did not know it was the cities war banner, you not having seen war before.

quote:

Have him describe what the Mighty Men will do from his point of view.
"They will beat up and gut all the monsters! Come OOOOON! We gotta go or we will miss it all!"

quote:

Ask him to look around carefully for dust and signs of other monsters, since we can see more from here than anyone else in the whole city.
Danal shakes his head. "It is too far to see anything!"

quote:

Can he see any dust? Is there anything on the river?
He shakes his head. "I don't see anyone on the river but it is shallow, since it is summer."

Diogines fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 10, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
It seems like we have pretty good eyesight. We need to test this out later.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

"Yes! Look!" You see some men are raising banners beyond the city gate. A single white sandal on a brown backdrop. "Zepa's Sandal!" The shoes of the semi mythic founder of your city. You have seen the image before but did not know it was the cities war banner, you not having seen war before.

Diogines posted:

A pair of sandals made of white leather. You know what a sandal is, your people in the village did not use them but the Zepathans do.

Well that is coincidental.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am going to start on the update.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Sogol posted:

:words:

Seconding all this too, if it matters.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

So yeah. More to toss onto the "Enkidel is in fact somewhat supernatural/divine" evidence pile. We have greater eyesight than a descendant of Labaras and the son of a true hero.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ok. I have theory now based on the Sandal of Damat/Zepath. I ave tried putting the forest art against Olaphim. Anybody have better ideas for matches? We need to study some heraldry and the signs of of the Olaphim and various cities.

Statue? = Smattas, the patron of Justice and Law who smites evil doers and saves the innocent. The majority faith holds him as no less than El's right hand. (Also possibly El. This is important. If we can match all the others and give Smattas one, having the statue left over, this might be theological proof of El from the point of view of the Artist.)

Necklace? = Marnal, the patron of mercy, healing, childbirth, forgiveness and desperation, who cleans up the collateral damage caused by the battles of other Ophanim.

Book = Ophal, patron of metal working, masons, masonry, writing and unknown arts.

Green cup with liquid? = Badoma, the patron of farming, fields and growing things as well as alcohol and introspection. She is the favorite of your friend, the beggar Ephat, who is rather fond of drink.

Tooth = Yafef, the patron of fisherman, fishing, the rivers, moon and sea who guides the moon across the night sky.

Fire plate? = Ganal, who guards the top of Mount Har and the way to Paradise and tends to those souls who climb the mountain.

Flute = Xuriel, the patron of artists, artistry, merry making, poetry, singing and dancing who painted the stars upon the night sky. Possibly the 'artist' who made these things?

Knife = Faraday, the patron of war, combat and the struggle between mankind and monsters. (Could be Lizard though. Knife to Smattas maybe.)

Sandal = Damat patron of of travel, trade, commerce and exploration.

Here is what's left over.

A bowl filled with strange balls the width of your thumb, made of gold or a gold like substance, a material you have never seen before. (Could be food or wealth?)

A bow with no string, also made of blue stone. (Olaphim of the Hunt?)

A small statue of a winged lizard with sharp teeth, also half finished and also seemingly asleep and breathing. It is made of red stone, the back end of the statue is unfinished. (Maybe Faraday?)

A cup of white stone adorned with images of birds on it. It is empty. (Foresight? Traditional seers watched birds?)

They could also represent various mortal beings or people's.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 10, 2013

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

SerSpook posted:

So yeah. More to toss onto the "Enkidel is in fact somewhat supernatural/divine" evidence pile. We have greater eyesight than a descendant of Labaras and the son of a true hero.

MUCH better eyesight than Danal. He said he couldn't see the banner at all, while we can see what's depicted on it to a great detail (of a birds beak painted in red and dripping with blood). Seeing details like "dripping with blood" is a huge difference from not even seeing it because it's too far.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

ShadowGlass posted:

MUCH better eyesight than Danal. He said he couldn't see the banner at all, while we can see what's depicted on it to a great detail (of a birds beak painted in red and dripping with blood). Seeing details like "dripping with blood" is a huge difference from not even seeing it because it's too far.

We should totally quit the staff and take up bow & arrow.

Not going to bother voting since Diog is already writing the update.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

ShadowGlass posted:

I think our father might be from the Sun, Moon, Stars people. I think there was a marriage between them and Baitel. Our Mom is from Baitel and had to flee when pregnant, which means some sort of very illegitimate birth that would get her ad us killed, or something like that.

Probably too late now, but we should have maybe had Danal close his eyes for a moment and describe to him what we can see.

"We see hundreds of Minotaur. They are as big and bigger than the Mighty Men and they carry a banner with a bird that has a great beak dripping with blood. The Mighty Men are gathering outside the walls and have raised a banner of a Sandal. Etc."

Sogol fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 10, 2013

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Alternatively it could be that Enkidel doesn't have supernaturally enhanced eyesight; it's just that Danal needs glasses. :v:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Danal moves to climb down. You remain calm, he is your little brother after all, or so you feel about him and you certainly act the part of the older brother and as the older brother you can't let him get hurt! Sometimes, oftentimes, you know what is best.

"Danal!" You say with a slightly stern tone. "I am in charge and I am ORDERING you to stay up here! We have to keep the house safe!"

Danal stops moving to climb down for a moment and blinks, he then sighs and moves back beside you atop the statue. "Will we be able to see any of it?" He asks.

"Of course" you say "just wait till they get closer! We'll have minotaur guts flying all over!" Danal lets out a little laugh. "Okay!"

You watch as your people assemble in front of the city and the monstrous horde marches closer. Your people are mostly armed with copper and bronze weapons and armor. Most households in the city own a suit of such armor, passed down the generations. There is some iron, but mostly for spearheads. Most men carry a round shield and a long spear, some, those especially strong or tall may also have a sword. Some youths and shepards are in the rear with slings, javelins and some bows. A number of men up and down the line hold your cities war banner, a white sandal on a brown backdrop.

You see skins filled with what is probably alcohol passed up and down the line, men laughing and an almost festival like atmosphere for many of the would be combatants.

Their opposite number, advancing, do not share their demeanor. You see them more clearly as they approach, roughly equal in numbers to the Zepathan army but almost all of the beasts are larger than the Zepathan men. The beasts range from a little over seven feet tall, to thirteen feet with a dozen in the middle perhaps eighteen feel tall and one well may be a giant, or a giant minotaur, about twenty feet tall. The minotaurs wear no armor except for a handful with shields or helmets, most are armed with crude wood and stone weapons, axes, mauls and mostly clubs. They are mostly nude, other than their shaggy, furry pelts, though many of the minotaurs are visibly rather excited despite the hair.

Both armies blow animal horns as they advance. You see that your people are stretched out in a long line, Tudiya in the center beside Barkof and Aaron and most of the rest of the Mighty Men spread across the line, at the front.

Bareen and her best adventurers and monster hunters are on the far right most edge. Many young men try such a life, most do not survive the first trip. Those which can make a life of it, which are very few, are men to speak of. Bareen herself is holding a flaming sword and a number of those beside her have a piece or two of gear which flicker oddly and may be magical! Bareen is the only woman in the battle.

Past the left edge of the line some distance, not connected to the main body, you see Ishamal and two dozen of his drinking companions. You know little about war but what bits you have learned, mostly from time spent with Tudiya is that such a placement, is wrong, everyone should be in one big line, Ishamal and his friends being off to the side is a big mistake! All of them have bronze armor, shields and spears which are shorter than most men use. You see a nights sky and stars painted on their shields. There is a good chance you have never seen most of those men sober, though they probably are not sober now either. The men you went on your post-Naomi binge are among them. They all seem to be drinking heavily.

At the rate both armies are moving, the men marching and the beasts running, it looks like It looks like the battle will take place a mile or so beyond the city, just past the river, which is shallow this time of year, the summer and only a few inches deep.

About a mile apart, the two armies stop, Tudiya speaks loudly. His words are clear even at this distance and have an almost physical weight to them, as if you could reach out and touch them.

MEN OF ZEPATH! As the seasons come, so again come vermin to plunder our fields and our women! Raise your spears, muster your courage and prepare to burn these rats out of our fields!

You feel as if Tudiya's words have physical depth, as if you could hold them in your hands.

The men of Zepath cheer. Tudiya walks ahead of the line and points his spear towards the beastly horde.

Accursed spawn of Quetzatl! In the name of El I challenge you! Send out your champion!

The twenty foot minotaur lets out a great roar and begins to walk past the rest of the monstrous horde, towards Tudiya.

"Look at the size of it!" Danal says, pointing, excited "Whats its name?" He asks you. The two of you are still atop a statue atop Tudiya's home but Danal is on the edge of his metaphorical seat now that the battle is about to start!

1. You say...

A. I don't know!
B. Make up name. Fill in.
C. Tell Danal to make up a name.

2. Well you seem to be distant from unfolding events and it seems unlikely you will influence the battle. As the two close on each other to duel you...

A. Simply watch.
B. Cheer for Tudiya.
C. Say something to Danal. What? Fill in.
D. Pray because Tudiya is facing a minotaur more than twice his size and you are afraid he is in trouble. To who do you ask for help?
E. Pray for the heck of it, even though Tudiya is going to wipe the floor with that monster!
F. I misjudged the danger, our army looks really confident, we are not in danger, I rush with Danal to the city wall so we can see the action up close!
G. Something else. Fill in.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 10, 2013

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Let Danal have something to think about besides being there.

A little prayer doesn't hurt, even if Tudiya's got this.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
B Horns Gruber

G Pray to Faradnu for the safety of the people. The Mighty Men will probably be okay, but the others might not be unscathed.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 10, 2013

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

C / B - Woo yeah! He's totally gonna smash old cow-brains there!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
1. C Tell Danal to come up with one because he's good at it.
2. D To Smathas.

edit: Changed my vote

my dad fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 10, 2013

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
C and A , let's wait a while before we start cheering.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1C.

2D. Pray to El, ask him to send Faradnu over.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. B

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

jng2058 posted:

Let Danal have something to think about besides being there.

A little prayer doesn't hurt, even if Tudiya's got this.

This. Ask Danal if he thinks praying is a good idea at times like this?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1)C
2)D

Genuinely pray instead of throwing out a token prayer, since we're likely still a little worried, even though Tudiya is nigh unbeatable. Danal can name him whatever.

Also, if we can still ask questions ask Danal if he knows why Ishamal and his buddies have a different design on their shields than everyone else. (If he can't see the shields himself, describe it to him).

Edit: Pray to El and Faradnu specifically.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1B: "Didn't you hear your dad? His name is Spawn!"

2C: Keep up a running commentary and observation with Danal about how the battle is going, try and work out the flow and tide of it. Let's make this educational and learn about how a battle works as best as we can educate ourselves from a distance, and let's make sure Danal is learning too! Heroism is about war sometimes, it's not just about individual heroics, and maybe we can find out what Ishmael is up to!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Tomn posted:

2C: Keep up a running commentary and observation with Danal about how the battle is going, try and work out the flow and tide of it. Let's make this educational and learn about how a battle works as best as we can educate ourselves from a distance, and let's make sure Danal is learning too! Heroism is about war sometimes, it's not just about individual heroics, and maybe we can find out what Ishmael is up to!

Ooh, I like this. THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tomn posted:

Changing my vote to this.