Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Vasudus has given his permission for this thread to be re-opened. Standard rules apply.

Vasudus posted:

if the thread gets bad i'm going to gas it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles managed to raise my hopes and drop them sharply within one game.

Yeah they won but that defense looks turrible

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

shyduck posted:

I thought they were going to run away with it to be honest. Then I tuned back in and was surprised to see D.C was still in it..

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

shyduck posted:

To be fair, Washington was expected to run away with this game. That we completely knocked them out of the game in the first half is fantastic. The second half was poo poo, but eh. I expect this season to be really exciting, but with quite a few losses.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
If the natives can successfully kill us (white America) all with firewater and blankets they can change Washington's name imo

Until then it stays

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
That last RG3 touchdown instantly changed my first Fantasy Football week (not kk league) from being a glorious victory to a loss just like that :(

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
gently caress Philly sports and it's fans.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

The Steelers are going to be a glorious dumpster fire this year. Can't wait to see how absurd it gets. I'm hoping Tomlin punches Haley on the sidelines.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm really glad Romo's ribs aren't broken. gently caress you, Doug Free. For bonus LOLs to all of you, Doug Free is the #2 cap hit behind Romo.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Do any of you dudes use fanduel or other such sites for mad sick gambling game of skill action? It's like regular fantasy football but you get to pick a new team every week. I'm not a hardcore sportsball fan so it makes watching a bunch of games on Sunday much more enjoyable. Every game could have a dude that will make or break you and add or subtract from your scrooge mcduck money vault.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Just an FYI: First row sports allows you to watch any sporting event anywhere you have internet acess. They stream everything in like 480p. Its a website I use when I travel and if you're on deployment, without tv acess or just want to watch an out of market game, you can catch your game there. Its free too. My Sunday set up is 2 games on 2 tvs, one laptop on firstrow for nfl redzone and the other with any interesting game cable doesnt get me.
http://firstrowus1.eu/

They even have the basterdied baseball game the pakis and brits play.

p.sure this isnt :filez: but will delete if questionable.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How about those Toronto Argonauts eh?
CFL starts earlier and its pretty good football.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
second half iggles defense is what I was expecting to see to the whole game so first half defense was a pleasant surprise. lesean and desean gonna have a big year poo poo owns

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Waroduce posted:

Just an FYI: First row sports allows you to watch any sporting event anywhere you have internet acess. They stream everything in like 480p. Its a website I use when I travel and if you're on deployment, without tv acess or just want to watch an out of market game, you can catch your game there. Its free too. My Sunday set up is 2 games on 2 tvs, one laptop on firstrow for nfl redzone and the other with any interesting game cable doesnt get me.
http://firstrowus1.eu/

They even have the basterdied baseball game the pakis and brits play.

p.sure this isnt :filez: but will delete if questionable.

It is a stream and technically not the most "legal" thing, but I know historically with other sports so long as it isn't pay per view streams were acceptable.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I made it through an entire football and hockey season using firstrow on a laptop connected to my tv when I ditched cable. It's was surprisingly usable.

It was kind of cool watching NFL games on British tv streams that have the regular US announcers, but cut to British dudes talking American football at halftime.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

USMC503 posted:

That last RG3 touchdown instantly changed my first Fantasy Football week (not kk league) from being a glorious victory to a loss just like that :(

was hoping rg3 would stay negative points the whole game but still crushed rrail this week so :feelsgood:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I just had a horrendous week in kk league. MAH RECEIVERS :negative:

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

gleep gloop posted:

I just had a horrendous week in kk league. MAH RECEIVERS :negative:

i almost started tavon austin instead of anquan boldin too

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Nothing I could have done would have helped. I don't really have any great of a team but eh there's no money on the line.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I thought Eagles/Redskins was pretty interesting. RG3 was rusty as hell for the 'skins, and the Eagles seem to have adapted pretty nicely to the Oregon Ducks style hurry-up offense. They gassed out a bit in the second half, and their defense needs work, but I think they'll be fun to keep an eye on between my precious NCAA games.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
My Giants :smithicide:

I hope Romo is broken forever.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

smertrioslol posted:

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
lol Eli such a scrub

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

smertrioslol posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Xrays came back negative. Nothing in Romo is broken.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wouldn't go that far.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think anyone will forget about his broken soul every December.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

smertrioslol posted:

I don't think anyone will forget about his broken soul every December.

Since 2009 Tony Romo is the best QB in December in the entire league and even before then he was top 5.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Nice! posted:

Since 2009 Tony Romo is the best QB in December in the entire league and even before then he was top 5.

kiss the rings playoff wins bitch

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

Romo is a top grade QB playing for the whiniest loving bitch fans on the planet. Every year I pray to the gods above and below that he ends up somewhere else and the Cowboys get Tebow and Jamarcus Russel so they can learn just how bad a QB can really be

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's cool, how's he doing the other 4 months?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

That's cool, how's he doing the other 4 months?

Top 5 as well. The cowboys have a lot of problems. Romo isn't one.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Romo is a top grade QB playing for the whiniest loving bitch fans on the planet. Every year I pray to the gods above and below that he ends up somewhere else and the Cowboys get Tebow and Jamarcus Russel so they can learn just how bad a QB can really be

See every QB between Aikman and Romo. There was a pre-retirement Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe as the highlights. The lowlights include Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, old rear end Randall Cunningham, and Anthony Wright.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

See every QB between Aikman and Romo. There was a pre-retirement Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe as the highlights. The lowlights include Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, old rear end Randall Cunningham, and Anthony Wright.

Testaverde, Bledsoe and Cunningham weren't bad, they just played with lovely receivers and no running game.

Plus Bledsoe is footballs John the Baptist. When he shows up, your savior is going to be there when he leaves

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

The guy averages a 42 rating in the first quarter and 79 in the 4th, unless the game is within 7 points, in which case his rating drops to 77. Romo isn't their biggest problem, and he's better than the laundry list of fading stars Dallas had since Aikman, but he's not a great quarterback. He's at his best in the middle of the game when Dallas is already winning. In every other situation, he's unreliable and prone to making the situation worse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dallas was losing every single game last year at some point. 90% of Romo's career has been playing from behind, not ahead. The defense has been a complete clusterfuck year in and out. He also has had next to no running game in his entire time playing.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Testaverde, Bledsoe and Cunningham weren't bad, they just played with lovely receivers and no running game.

Plus Bledsoe is footballs John the Baptist. When he shows up, your savior is going to be there when he leaves

Cunningham was not good with the Cowboys at all. Bledsoe and Testaverde did ok, but weren't going to be setting any records. If they had a running game, it would help.

loving cowboys haven't had a running game since Emmitt Smith.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas was losing every single game last year at some point. 90% of Romo's career has been playing from behind, not ahead. The defense has been a complete clusterfuck year in and out. He also has had next to no running game in his entire time playing.

Cunningham was not good with the Cowboys at all. Bledsoe and Testaverde did ok, but weren't going to be setting any records. If they had a running game, it would help.

loving cowboys haven't had a running game since Emmitt Smith.

Your defense has probably been a complete clusterfuck because half of it can't stay out of jail :laugh:

edit: lower convict rate than the Lions at least!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

When in Rome Detroit...

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

smertrioslol posted:

Your defense has probably been a complete clusterfuck because half of it can't stay out of jail :laugh:

edit: lower convict rate than the Lions at least!

Suh is an embarrassment to Portlanders everywhere.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

USMC503 posted:

Suh is an embarrassment to Portlanders everywhere.

I just want him to murder Christian Ponder and Tebow on the field in some seriously grotesque way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

Not a Jets fan, but I hope Brady eats poo poo today.

E:

Booblord Zagats posted:

I just want him to murder Christian Ponder and Tebow on the field in some seriously grotesque way

You're implying Tebow will ever play again in any capacity other than maybe a backup QB.

USMC503 fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 12, 2013

• Locked thread