Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

That post might get me a corgi.

Here's a Logan, it's been a while:

Good dog.

Also we just went on a little walk in the backyard. He pooed. He got a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Since the weather's nice, you might be able to train him to poo poo in one area...I wanted to do that with Logan but it was too loving cold and I gave up...but he actually does it on his own anyway. :)

Edit: V My dogs growing up poo poo ANYWHERE in the yard...and it was a 1/4 acre that I had to clean up and mow, so I really like the idea of a dog that'll only poo poo in a narrow area.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 9, 2013

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Since the weather's nice, you might be able to train him to poo poo in one area...I wanted to do that with Logan but it was too loving cold and I gave up...but he actually does it on his own anyway. :)

Dogs are usually pretty good about that. I don't really care as long as it's outside.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

We got home and he had a new place to explore. First we went to the yard incase he needed to pee. He didn't and just walked back onto the cement over to me like "what's up, boss?"

So we went inside and got some water.

After water we again ventured outdoors. He was hesitant about the steps at first but managed them fine.

Back inside in the kitchen I tossed him a squeaky ball. He ran towards it and got tired right upon arrival.

He was undaunted by his exhaustion, though, and went after the ball.

It slipped from his reach and he had to get up a bit.

He eventually gave up and came over to see me.

After sufficient pettings he just flopped on the floor.

When I got up and walked around he seemed to have got a second wind, so we rassled for a bit.

He's all tuckered and asleep now.

:3: overload! You know you have to photodocument EVERYTHING he does. And record videos to be made into GIFs!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Civ Thread October: DOGGES VICARIOUSLY CURE PTSD

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

After a bit of crate practice, he decided on another nap.

After a bit he got up and ate some food. I should have photoed this because he was laying down while eating.

Then we played with some toys.

Now he's hiding under the couch. He's further back than this. He poked his head out when I asked "what are you doing down there?" and then went back. The black above him is the front side of my couch.

EDIT: He somewhat came out from under and passed out again.

EDIT 2: He didn't like that I snapped his pic and decided to burrow further.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 10, 2013

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Quit your job. You are now a full time photographer. :3:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cole posted:

Quit your job. You are now a full time photographer. :3:

Don't have a job. Just going to school.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:siren:GiP HAS A NEW DOGGE:siren:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Someday I will be posting pictures of my new dogge in this thread. But for now I will live vicariously through everyone in this thread.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

holocaust bloopers posted:

The dog passes out every once in a while it seems; and bites the hand that feeds him. Dogge got Gip spirit!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

After a bit of crate practice, he decided on another nap.

After a bit he got up and ate some food. I should have photoed this because he was laying down while eating.

Then we played with some toys.

Now he's hiding under the couch. He's further back than this. He poked his head out when I asked "what are you doing down there?" and then went back. The black above him is the front side of my couch.

EDIT: He somewhat came out from under and passed out again.

EDIT 2: He didn't like that I snapped his pic and decided to burrow further.

If we grab a game in Tally I'm going to need to pet this dogge before/after....for luck. :3:

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I really need to get some Roscoe pics

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I really need to get some Roscoe pics

Yes you do.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

:3: tailed corgi!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, we had it a little rough at first in Dakota's first night of crate training, but he's getting the hang of it. We did have to go out 4 times, but he's still a pup. It's to be expected. No messes in the crate! I ended up sleeping next to the crate which helped him relax.

We have got to work on the whole fetch thing, though.

EDIT: Crate pic

Here's Dakota after a quick walk to the end of the next house and back. That was too much for his little legs.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 10, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
dogge can't walk across the house without a nap, a true gip dogge

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Why am I looking at rescue dog pictures, I can't adopt one even If I really wanted :negative:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota did great in his crate while I was at my first class. I came home and he was passed out. We went outside right away and he peed. Now this is happening.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Youtube videos. Now :kimchi:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pkells posted:

Youtube videos. Now :kimchi:

I'm on the toilet at the moment. He's behind it. He curled up there and went to sleep while I was in the shower earlier today and now he's doing it again. Youtubes may come, but I can't very well record while I'm playing with him.

EDIT: Corg life is tough.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 10, 2013

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Getting ready to pee

Getting ready to see the vet

Going to sleep

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Well not that much weight, but probably in the 30-50 pound range. A corgi would've been a compromise, a standard or giant schnauzer is most ideal, but australians and collies are growing on me. It'll be a shelter dog and not a puppy, whenever I randomly decide to pick one up.

Be aware, unless you've got a good chunk of land, Australians can be trouble. I live with one, and she barks at anything that moves in a ten mile radius. :|

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For reference I have short and wide feet. I comfortably wear an 8.5-9.

EDIT: He just woke up, stumbled to the end of my chaise and fell back over asleep.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 10, 2013

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He was barking up a storm until I turned on the camera to record. Also the lighting horrible, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdn5UknWmI

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was barking up a storm until I turned on the camera to record. Also the lighting horrible, but here you go.

oh my loving god

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
goodness me look at that thing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man I just had a bad loving day and you gotta be a cold hearted man if that doesn't cheer you up. Thank you. :unsmith:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Mr. Nice! posted:

Holy poo poo. Dogges that cute should be illegal.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was having a rough day; not any more.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
omfg dat dogge

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Well, looks like the next dog will be a corg

Scuda cuddling with me after missing me for 14 days.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
how often do you play with those flappy gums

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Whenever she feels like "gently" eating my face or if she's biting me or if I feel like it

so whenever

She almost never bites hard so I'm probably being a terrible owner by letting her gnaw at me when we play, but when she actually does chomp down every once in a while I make sure she knows it's bad.

And the one time she growled and snapped at my nephew (when she weighed only 30 pounds or so) I roughed her up pretty good. She let him pet her after that and even sniffed at him in a friendly way the next time she saw him.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Mad Dragon posted:

Get that poo poo on YouTube, posthaste. :catstare:

I would like to nominate the cheetah as Honorary Dogge in this thread.

http://youtu.be/OgrfgjXO0_4

Audio may not be work appropriate depending on how uptight cube mates are.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TCD posted:

http://youtu.be/OgrfgjXO0_4

Audio may not be work appropriate depending on how uptight cube mates are.

Holy gently caress. :stare:

Also cheetah's don't have retractible claws if venture bros didn't lie to me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This is not a corg this is literally the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I still love Cheetahs but yeah, an adrenaline moment. Shortly after them loving with us we saw 4 of them chase and fail to catch a small spring buck... i cant find that video but its really cool. They then stalked a large adult topi which are normally too large for them to take down. Needless to say they were hungry.

Dog talk, that corgi video is putting a huge smile on my face.