Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

vivisectvnv posted:

The new ball physics are pretty tits, scored a tasty outside the foot 25 yarder with Mkhitaryan last night...

I hit a nice shot across the body to the top right corner with Lewandowski and it didn't seem unreasonable, the ball played off his foot exactly the way you'd expect, and the goal was also tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They improved the hair modeling in the PC version everythign else is shite like always

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i've scored so many ridiculous goals already

e: for example just scored this a minute ago

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/videos/ugc/170482094

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 11, 2013

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
tbf that's against NY Red Bulls

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

im just trying to score ridiculous goals at this point

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

TheBigAristotle posted:

tbf that's against NY Red Bulls

Don't worry a 76 rated 90 pace Brazilian with no curve or finishing abilities will be able to pull that off on Neuer on FUT.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

^^ That owns.

mynameisjohn posted:

i've scored so many ridiculous goals already

e: for example just scored this a minute ago

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/videos/ugc/170482094
Nice to see that the replay/upload system is still complete poo poo.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I cropped it, but at full-screen the HQ (HIGH QUALITY) looks loving amazing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As long as they improved the game's ability to save actual goal highlights, I'll be fine. I just use Vine for replays

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

vaginal culture posted:

It causes meltdowns if it gets posted, rest assured it was a stunning record.

I found out it was on ultimate team and did a massive sigh

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

kcer posted:

I found out it was on ultimate team and did a massive sigh

I read that as massive singh and I was gonna praise you for being open minded and tolerant

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Scott Bakula posted:

Isn't that the point?

Yeah, I'm saying I'm looking forward to it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You should be able to mix them. Start with a bit of calm down, then break into the chicken dance.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I like the demo. Mad that Jovetic isnt available as a sub in city.

The game feels harder than it did. Also finess shots seem to have gotten a boost compared to 13.

UT is fun. Defense knows how to not be stupid. Which is nice.

Also i tried the PES demo. It feels off. Also lovely.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I haven't played the demo so far, maybe I'll download it later today though I'm not sure cause I can't stand the 3 minute halves poo poo. I have one important question, can goal keepers react to super slow finessed shots or do they still gape at them uselessly and dive after they've already gone past them?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Soulex posted:

The game feels harder than it did. Also finess shots seem to have gotten a boost compared to 13.

Nepenthez did some live videos from some EA Founders FIFA "Superstar" gathering where they played FUT and in one of his videos he said that EA is aware that the finesse shot is overpowered and it will be getting nerfed.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Did we get an answer on the button question

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pissflaps posted:

https://www.gomezbutton.it ?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Soulex posted:

He is

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

There are more things you can do with the buttons, but the amount of buttons won't increase until PS4 hth

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am probably going to hold off on Fifa 14 until xbox one releases. I really do like the celebrations they added.

GTA V should hold me over just fine.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Soulex posted:

UT is fun. Defense knows how to not be stupid. Which is nice.

Also i tried the PES demo. It feels off. Also lovely.

He is in the reserves, you have to move him to the subs pre-match, or just start him like me. I've been playing mostly the non-FUT vertion, and the thing that's annoying me the most is it seems to take a lot longer to get a shot off while sprinting or jogging. Standing shots in the box however seem more accurate than 13 (which basically never went in). Also if you want to have a bit of fun, go into the settings during a game and set your team speed and acceleration from 50 to 100% and the opponents from 50 to 0%.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Is there a point of getting the game before the new systems are released

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

tbp posted:

A couple. I personally am not gonna buy a new system at launch because of A- very high prices and B- I'm gonna take a wait and see approach as to what system impresses me the most. I'll wait the year or so until they do the big price cut and by then FIFA 15 will be about to be released and they will have hopefully ironed out the inevitable kinks in the new ignite engine they are using for next gen this year. Also many more people will have the game on this generation of consoles making matchmaking much less painless. I personally got a long subscription to live as well that I'll be using for GTA 5, games with gold, FIFA 13, and some other games. Lastly, if you are super impatient FIFA 14 also launches sooner.

e- Also xbox 360 will get the legends as well as the xbone if that was something you cared about.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

You can upgrade from FIFA 14 on your current-gen to the next-gen version for 10 bucks

An article with the details of the deal

Also I can't make it two more months with FIFA 13 Pro Clubs. Once I tasted the sweet, sweet inertia physics of 14, I can't go back

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

TheBigAristotle posted:

You can upgrade from FIFA 14 on your current-gen to the next-gen version for 10 bucks

An article with the details of the deal

What about for non-retards who aren't buying an Xbone

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, didn't notice that part. This is an EA-Gamestop program, so I just assumed it was for both

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wow, didn't notice that part. This is an EA-Gamestop program, so I just assumed it was for both

You also need to be a member of some Gamestop poo poo club too, it's a bad deal it seems

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ok, just texted my buddy who is a manager at the Gamestop near me, he said the deal applies to both.

You do need that Power-Up Rewards card thing. You should just buy 14 then when you get PS4, find someone with a rewards card and use it to get the automatic $50 trade-in value.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That doesn't address the fact that a lot of people might be switching console brands this new generation, in which case, you are screwed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheBigAristotle posted:

Ok, just texted my buddy who is a manager at the Gamestop near me, he said the deal applies to both.

You do need that Power-Up Rewards card thing. You should just buy 14 then when you get PS4, find someone with a rewards card and use it to get the automatic $50 trade-in value.

Sounds like a fuckload of bullshit IMO. I'm an adult and will not set foot in a Gamestop.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it really that big of a concern for you to be seen in a game store?

If I can bridge the 50 or so days between FIFA 14 and PS4 for 10 bucks, that seems reasonable.

e: 14 dollars, I suppose, tax and all

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Anyone preordered this on PC yet through Origin on PC? You get 24 gold packs that all contain Ronaldo's and Cavani's. I haven't played a season of FIFA on PC before and was just wondering the actual value of the packs given how rampant this botting approach to player accumulation seems to be.

E: For anyone on PC that is getting weird graphic issues with Nvidia cards, turn off the anti aliasing in the nvidia control panel.

aellisr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 12, 2013

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

aellisr posted:

Anyone preordered this on PC yet through Origin on PC? You get 24 gold packs that all contain Ronaldo's and Cavani's. I haven't played a season of FIFA on PC before and was just wondering the actual value of the packs given how rampant this botting approach to player accumulation seems to be.

E: For anyone on PC that is getting weird graphic issues with Nvidia cards, turn off the anti aliasing in the nvidia control panel.

It would be rad if they had a higher chance to give rare players, but yeah, I preordered.

The botting was pretty annoying in 13 (less so because of the market prices than because of having to be super careful when you were getting matched against a player to catch bots), but I hope they've continued to improve detection/punishment of that sort of thing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Might just go 360 again. Can't be arsed to deal with that nerd poo poo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

aellisr posted:

I don't play on pc, because I have a console and the controls are better and the cheating is non-existant. We have the 24 gold pack deal as well. They release weekly not all at once. From what I've heard about the PC version, prices are vastly over inflated because of cheating and other means of getting coins quickly. This screws over the average player, who plays normally accumulating coins at a normal pace. For you however it's kinda good and kinda bad since it means the players you have in your guaranteed packs are naturally inflated as well. Don't get your hopes too high though, most packs, even the premium packs you are getting, are filled with dogshit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seltzer posted:

I don't play on pc, because I have a console and the controls are better

The controls are exactly the same as on the 360

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

FIFA 13 were decent for us PC players. Plug in your 360 controller and you're set. There's a good amount of FUT players. Prices were a bit steep but it was easy to make money trading (easiest probably were to memorize the price of a bunch of 3k~ buy now players and find the ones going cheap on auction bids)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

tbp posted:

Seltzer posted:

A couple. I personally am not gonna buy a new system at launch because of A- very high prices and B- I'm gonna take a wait and see approach as to what system impresses me the most. I'll wait the year or so until they do the big price cut and by then FIFA 15 will be about to be released and they will have hopefully ironed out the inevitable kinks in the new ignite engine they are using for next gen this year. Also many more people will have the game on this generation of consoles making matchmaking much less painless. I personally got a long subscription to live as well that I'll be using for GTA 5, games with gold, FIFA 13, and some other games. Lastly, if you are super impatient FIFA 14 also launches sooner.

e- Also xbox 360 will get the legends as well as the xbone if that was something you cared about.
Pretty much what Seltzer said. I'm going to wait out the new consoles and then most likely get PS4 at some point next year. Probably at the time when FIFA 15 is coming out. By then, all the bugs/kinks should be ironed out and FIFA 15 on PS4 will be much better than 14.

I too already have a while on my gold/live subscription, so I'll just play out FIFA 14/GTAV/etc on Xbox360 and by the time I'm done with all those games, oh hey look I'm buying a cheaper PS4 and FIFA 15 is about to be released.

• Locked thread