Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A.
2F. Stay put, keep Danal with us, and watch what Bareen is up to. They're a suspicious bunch. Who brings rope to a battlefield?

2G.

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

1. B
2. A
3. D

Let's see if we can find any sort of marks upon the beast, any sort of information. Maybe collect some loot, weapons, if possible. No dumb ear trophies or anything like that.

Interesting that they're looking confused and afraid. Is it like they're waking up from, or being in a spell? What do our senses tell us about the behaviour of the beasts? What about the behaviour of the Zepathian army?

Voting ditto.

edit: changed vote in later post.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 12, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Interesting that they're looking confused and afraid. Is it like they're waking up from, or being in a spell?
Great question! Not answering!

What do our senses tell us about the behaviour of the beasts?
They appear to be afraid. Many, but not most, have turned to run.

What about the behaviour of the Zepathian army?
They are charging.

Uberwill posted:

1. B
2. A
3. C

We want to see the battle, but out of curiosity, not greed or bloodlust.

We also wonder if the cries of "shwarma" mean we may have eaten these creatures in the past...

You still have 6 meals a day and it has been almost THREE hours since you ate!

How hungry are you?

If you have eaten minotaur, you are unaware of it. It is not as if such meat is common.

Absum
May 28, 2013

the_steve posted:

1. A - Hell yeah, got caught up in the moment
2. A - We wanted to to begin with, but, Tudiya trusted us with his chair and Danal's safety. But hell, the danger has to be over by now.
3. B - Loot!

Voting this.

And if I had known this,

Diogines posted:

A number of youths who watched from the city walls are starting to climb down.
I would have voted very differently, though I guess we should've thought to ask if anyone was watching from on the walls.
Actually, can we tell how old those youths are?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A B B

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

EL HA MELECH KOL HA OLAM! Roughly translates to El is King of the world. Literally translates as God, The King, All The World.
AAA

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Voting for A, A, B.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
edit: vote changed.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 12, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Use this opportunity to devour Danal's heart to gain some element of whatever his father has.

But seriously, it's nice to see this game on track and firing on all cylinders now. I'm fine with most everything we do here, but I'd like to try to play something on our flute to commemorate the battle and what the King did this day. Not the magic one, the real one.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1:B
2:E

As much as it might seem enticing to join the battle, we told Tudiya we wouldn't. More importantly, however, is that voice in the back of our head. Is it ours? Something seems fishy about this whole setup, and, finely attuned to, and suspicious of, supernatural shenanigans as we are, this is setting off alarm bells. The minotaur are acting suspicious, fleeing when surely they must have known what awaited them, and who knows what could be reaching into our head; why, any moment we could find ourself flying through the air to be devoured.

Nope, grab Danal. If he asks, tell him this doesn't seem right, something's wrong. And try to see what Bareen and her monster-hunters are up to. Trying to catch a minotaur? Why? Awfully convenient.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Absum posted:

Voting this.

And if I had known this,

I would have voted very differently, though I guess we should've thought to ask if anyone was watching from on the walls.
Actually, can we tell how old those youths are?
Nine to sixteenish.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Theglavwen posted:

As much as it might seem enticing to join the battle, we told Tudiya we wouldn't. More importantly, however, is that voice in the back of our head. Is it ours? Something seems fishy about this whole setup, and, finely attuned to, and suspicious of, supernatural shenanigans as we are, this is setting off alarm bells. The minotaur are acting suspicious, fleeing when surely they must have known what awaited them, and who knows what could be reaching into our head; why, any moment we could find ourself flying through the air to be devoured.

Nope, grab Danal. If he asks, tell him this doesn't seem right, something's wrong. And try to see what Bareen and her monster-hunters are up to. Trying to catch a minotaur? Why? Awfully convenient.

Seconded

And FWIW I enjoy the names. I like checking out the new names and seeing if I can puzzle out their origins and any possible hints (Og/King Og, Naomi/Naomi, Enkindal/Enkindu, Danal/Daniel, Tudiya/Tudiya, etc etc etc). Sometimes they match up with little hints of what's to come, other times they don't. Either way it's an extra layer of fun for my not-so-inner nerd.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Diogines posted:

You feel a small voice in the back of your mind telling you that just about the greatest thing in the world, EVER, would be to chase those minotaurs this very moment. This voice is easily ignored if you decided to, but why would you want to?

Does this voice "sound" familiar. We've heard voices several times in the past, does it sound like any of them. Or similar to any of them? Does it "sound" like a part of ourself or does it sound like it is being added by someone else?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Theglavwen posted:

More importantly, however, is that voice in the back of our head. Is it ours? Something seems fishy about this whole setup, and,

I assure you there's nothing fishy going on... sadly.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Theglavwen posted:

Uhh, they just saw their best guy get nearly effortlessly torn to pieces by our best guy. That's not good for morale. It seems pretty reasonable for them to be on the verge of breaking at this point. They'll probably route as soon as our line meets their line. And it's entirely possible that Diogenes was using a literary turn of phrase, not saying that we're actually hearing a voice in our head that shouldn't be there.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

LLSix posted:

Does this voice "sound" familiar. We've heard voices several times in the past, does it sound like any of them. Or similar to any of them? Does it "sound" like a part of ourself or does it sound like it is being added by someone else?
It is not an actual, literal voice, more of a vague suggestion that joining the battle would be just about the greatest thing ever.

Perhaps it is a part of your psych, your own desire? Or not.

But boy, it sure would be pretty swell to go chase those fleeing overgrown cows...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Theglavwen posted:

Going all in on this one!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A. Caught up in the moment,

But recovering:

F say: I cannot stop you from going, but I promised your father so I cannot go. I ask that you stay here with me as a friend. I know it is hard. It is hard for me too, but I ask this of you as a brother and a friend. What say you?

And look to see if anything else is occurring at the edges of the field and other directions.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Y

Sogol posted:

But recovering:

F say: I cannot stop you from going, but I promised your father so I cannot go. I ask that you stay here with me as a friend. I know it is hard. It is hard for me too, but I ask this of you as a brother and a friend. What say you?

And look to see if anything else is occurring at the edges of the field and other directions.
Yeah we need to stay here and appeal to Danal's sense of friendship.

Also we need to get some minotaur meat to chow on.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Sogol posted:

But recovering:

Voting this. Self-control and fidelity is a sign of greatness.

Edit: (I haven't had downtown NYC shawarma in over 7 years. Mmm.)

Edit2: My current vote here includes the following rationale: "Do what I promised, even if it means Danal will be unhappy and may eventually mean ill for me in the future. The honorable road is more important than the self-serving road."

OhYo fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 12, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

1. It is right to praise El after a great victory. Reminds me of the way Narod would direct the praise and worship from victories to Denziroh in the other game.

2. I don't see any great options here.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A) We can permit ourselves one small exhaltation.

C) Little brother it is time you learned a lesson about something called Honour. Any coward can chase down a broken enemy and stab them in the back, a true hero fights in the vanguard or nowhere at all. A man of honour faces his enemy in the field of glory and lets El decide the victor. And if it is not your day to die you do not take trophies, you do not strut. You clean your sword, tend your wounds, give thanks to El for your fortune and return home to your family. This is Honour, this is what it is to be a hero. And if you ever want to be a hero; look to the example of your father, not to these urchins, scrabbling to claim the flesh of foes slain by better men. Being a Hero will take practice, let us practice together.

D) Spar with Danal on the roof, in a way that would be awesome if it were set to the kind of montage music that does not yet exist in ancient not-mesopotamia.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

EDIT: Changed vote see below!

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 12, 2013

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

the_steve posted:

1. A - Hell yeah, got caught up in the moment
2. A - We wanted to to begin with, but, Tudiya trusted us with his chair and Danal's safety. But hell, the danger has to be over by now.
3. B - Loot!

This. Pretty much exactly what I was thinking - we're caught up in the moment. Let's go grab some loot! Try to stay out of actual battle but let's get a little closer.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Danal's love of all things related to heroic stories, warfare and combat rivals your own and your own lust for such things is pretty great. While Danal finds "King Stuff" boring and dull, you voluntarily choose to spend large amounts of time trailing after Tudiya as he does "king stuff".

You know that Danal is more enthusiastic about heroics, fighting and war than you are.

You know that this is very probably the most exciting thing to occur so far in his life. You might convince him or even force him to stay, but you are unlikely to change how he feels about the exciting events he knows are occurring, but which are distant. He may be unhappy or unhappy with you if you hold him back. He saw Tudiya and the Mighty Men fighting a few monsters on the way from Athar, but he is 8 and that was 3 years ago... there are... a great many more monsters out there.

He is a person, just like you, it is tough to say how he will feel and how he will react, but it is likely to be a very big disappointment if he has to stay here, unable to clearly see all the fun.

Brief relevant IRC quote posted:

OhYo He who dares, wins; he who stays safe, lives.
Diog I have no preference on what you do, just repeating info you know about Danal
Diog its all already been posted, but sometimes it is spread out
Diog You, OhYo, might of not recalled it all, but Enkidel would know all of this for sure
OhYo I'm gonna try to vote however I vote. :3. I'm not sure if I'm missing something atm.
OhYo ah, "you are unlikely to change how he feels about the exciting events he knows are occurring"
OhYo Yea, I guess sometimes it's cool to bank on one path and I guess I'm voting for "Do what I promised, even if it means Danal will be unhappy and may eventually mean ill for me in the future."
OhYo Danal's heart is his own to change, not Enkidel's.
OhYo I like to think of it that way.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 12, 2013

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -