Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm assuming that's just some chick they payed for a photo op because drat incest is not best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeicide
Feb 29, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm assuming that's just some chick they payed for a photo op because drat incest is not best.

http://mariedoll.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Milk-379797516

Nope, she read the comic (or the page which was linked earlier at least) and felt like cosplaying it.

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011
My girlfriend and I tried our hands at cosplaying for the first time today at Baltimore Comic Con. I think it went really well! We got onto Image Comics' twitter feed so we must have been doing something right. We were Wolf and Crow from East of West - I was surprised that we didn't see anyone else there as characters from the comic, it's freaking awesome. Just endless waves of Deadpools and Wonder Women!

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Astrognome posted:

My girlfriend and I tried our hands at cosplaying for the first time today at Baltimore Comic Con. I think it went really well! We got onto Image Comics' twitter feed so we must have been doing something right. We were Wolf and Crow from East of West - I was surprised that we didn't see anyone else there as characters from the comic, it's freaking awesome. Just endless waves of Deadpools and Wonder Women!

I was wondering what you two were supposed to be. Saw you at the con on Sunday.

My personal favorite from the con that weekend:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

OK Octopus posted:

Dude in the middle is a killer The Flash

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011

OK Octopus posted:

They looked great but I had no idea what they were! I think I've picked up that it's a Bioshock reference...don't they know that this is COMIC con!? Darn these whippersnappers and their video games. (grumble grumble fake nerdrage)

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Found via GIS, if anyone knows the original source I'll put it up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Foster's home for imaginary friends.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I feel out of the loop on some of the people in the DragonCon photo set, who is the guy that looks like Conan with Iron Man's chest reactor thingy and a white lock of hair, and who's the tattooed dude with the green ranger helmet?

Elohssa Gib has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Sep 10, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Elohssa Gib posted:

I feel out of the loop on some of the people in the DragonCon photo set, who is the guy that looks like Conan with Iron Man's chest reactor thingy and a white lock of hair, and who's the tattooed dude with the green ranger helmet?

The first is the villain from Iron Man 2. I can't find the second picture you're referring to though. Can you link it directly so we can have a look?

FalseShockWorker
Jan 28, 2009
If it's the picture I think, that's Jason David Frank, the guy who played the Green Ranger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Elohssa Gib posted:

That's the Green Ranger.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Hremsfeld posted:

Barrel isn't bent at a horrific angle, B-

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007

McKilligan posted:

No huge chunks of flash hanging off him, C-

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That's the Green Ranger.

Nah, this is the green (army) ranger

Hremsfeld posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lumpy Space Princess, Princess Bubblegum, Marceline.
I think you need to be at least 50lbs overweight to play a good LSP.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

I think you need to be at least 50lbs overweight to play a good LSP.

http://oreotnettenbasnood.deviantart.com/gallery/43579228

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Thunk posted:

Not completely unarmed man with binoculars inexplicably pointing at nothing in particular. D+ at best.

(I'll be honest though, army soldier cosplay is probably one of the ones that impresses me the most)

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I was just inTarget and saw a new kind if Nerf gun. Cool thing is you cock it with your thumb. I wonder how quickly these will find themselves painted and modded for costumes.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Not completely unarmed man with binoculars inexplicably pointing at nothing in particular. D+ at best.

(I'll be honest though, army soldier cosplay is probably one of the ones that impresses me the most)

F, actually stands up.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

McKilligan posted:

Thunk posted:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

MooCowlian posted:

F, actually stands up.

As the grades fall, so too do my spirits :smithcloud:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

10 Beers posted:

I was just inTarget and saw a new kind if Nerf gun. Cool thing is you cock it with your thumb. I wonder how quickly these will find themselves painted and modded for costumes.
This could serve at the basis for That Gun from Fallout with fairly basic mods.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Xander77 posted:

Or a couple of other guns. Jayne Cobb's pistol, maybe. And the handle shape would lend itself to steam punk guns fairly easily.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

10 Beers posted:

I'm convinced that this thing will be the basis for dozens of Aliens pulse rifles.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Many, many Nerf Longshots are already doing the job admirably.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

The loops built into the stock would definitely be nice for costume stuff, you can just clip your gun straight to your outfit.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Without the goofy magazine, painted 'vette red or gunmetal gray, that'd be a great Mass Effect prop. Going along with what RazorBunny said, you could clip it onto the back of your costume and whip it out for photo ops :3:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Surely you mean Deckard's pistol.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

scary ghost dog posted:

Surely you mean Deckard's pistol.

'That Gun' was based on that pistol. As in, "Hey, remember that gun from Bladerunner?"

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Or you could dip it in mud and make it a Borderlands gun.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Baofu posted:

Or you could dip it in mud and make it a Borderlands gun.

Nah, you'd have to tape some random LEDs to it too.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Or you could post a picture of a costume

Armor by Punished Props, photo by N8Zim Photography

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009
Photo I took at Dragon*Con this year.

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

The Electronaut posted:

Photo I took at Dragon*Con this year.

[img-krieger and waifu]
That guy pulls off Krieger pretty well. Then again, I'm always a sucker for Krieger-san and Waifu cosplay no matter how much I see it done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Verloc posted:

That guy pulls off Krieger pretty well. Then again, I'm always a sucker for Krieger-san and Waifu cosplay no matter how much I see it done.

I don't know if its that one or not but one version of Krieger and waifu is a goon and his girlfriend/wife.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Happy Patriot Day

More Sikh Captain America here.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Echo Chamber posted:

Happy Patriot Day

Pretty sweet Captain Arabia.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

This is lovely.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
What a truly happy story, just a dude who said gently caress it I want to be captain America. The best thing is for the most part people didn't bat an eyelash. What a happy story to read on a typically bemoan-full day.

Also this is clearly the best of the photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

McPantserton posted:

Or you could post a picture of a costume

Armor by Punished Props, photo by N8Zim Photography

I saw video of those two walking around the PAX floor. It's pretty cool looking even without the spooky lighting.

• Locked thread