Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

TCD posted:

Dog talk, that corgi video is putting a huge smile on my face.

*barks* *jumps* *lands on stomach with all 4's extended*

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Holy gently caress. :stare:

Also cheetah's don't have retractible claws if venture bros didn't lie to me.

They have like semi-retractable claws or something weird like that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was barking up a storm until I turned on the camera to record. Also the lighting horrible, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdn5UknWmI

Martello posted:

Well, looks like the next dog will be a corg

Scuda cuddling with me after missing me for 14 days.

Was having a terrible day. Thanks for the injection of cute. :3:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was barking up a storm until I turned on the camera to record. Also the lighting horrible, but here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdn5UknWmI
No words to describe how mind-bogglingly adorable this is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
GiP has some great dogs. :)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I suck and only have two cats. Uncle had some badass dogs though, especially his border collie. His name was Laddie and he was smart as gently caress, and always trying to herd everybody and poo poo :3:.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lifted from Reddit, not my dogge. :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How's his training going?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

How's his training going?

It's coming along. His little bladder is so small that he has to go out frequently. He goes outside every time I take him, but I have to watch him everytime he drinks some water to make sure he doesn't stop to pee right after. He's doing better in the kennel overnight and he's awesome in it when I leave during the day for a few hours.

EDIT: Last night I put him in his kennel at about 10:30. I fell asleep about 45 minutes later or so. He didn't wake up whining to go at all in the night. I woke up at 5:30 paranoid I had slept through his whining and he had messed in the kennel. I was wrong. He was out. I took him out anyways and he really had to go. :3:

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 12, 2013

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's Dakota running. No barking this time, sadly. They mowed the lawn yesterday so you can actually see him running around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgCCLvTbTOY

Beria
Nov 13, 2011

TCD posted:

http://youtu.be/OgrfgjXO0_4

Audio may not be work appropriate depending on how uptight cube mates are.

Lmbo a that loving cheetah

Also I like ur dog Henry

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Beria posted:

Lmbo a that loving cheetah

Also I like ur dog Henry

Thanks!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

You kick that string's rear end Dakota!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shortly after that pic he was head first under the couch with just his back legs sticking out. He was on his back with his legs flailing away while he barked at a specter that was just out of reach. I'm sorry I didn't film it for y'all. :smith:

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's Dakota running. No barking this time, sadly. They mowed the lawn yesterday so you can actually see him running around.

:3: goddamn

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The flopping ears are killing me. How are you getting anything done with that little guy around?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

The flopping ears are killing me. How are you getting anything done with that little guy around?

It isn't easy. He's going to the back door now to let me know he needs to go out. There's times we go out a few times in an hour. He loves to drink water. I almost always have to scoop him up after he goes drinking because the bladder is about to open.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Crossposting my pup from PI.

This is Bella. She is big.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 6, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
drat she is a big dog.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Writer Cath posted:

Horsedog.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

I don't know what you're talking about.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did Dakota lay down for a nap at the very end of that vid?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Well, now I know that I absolutely need to get married so that I can get out of the barracks and own a little corgi puppy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cole posted:

Did Dakota lay down for a nap at the very end of that vid?

Yeah he does that. 10+ feet of running is too much for those little legs.

Pesticide20 posted:

Well, now I know that I absolutely need to get married so that I can get out of the barracks and own a little corgi puppy.

They're only puppies for a short while. But, the good news is they grow up into full size corgis. Look at moker's dog Thunder for reference.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Writer Cath posted:

Big dogs don't get the barrage of "awww" cuteness comments, but I love 'em. :3:

(Dakota is weapons-grade cute, by the way.)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Puppies are cute, but big old dogs are vastly more fun and huggable.

A big dog can help keep your bed warm in the winter. A puppy will just pee in it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The wrongest of opinions.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fister Roboto posted:

Puppies are cute, but big old dogs are vastly more fun and huggable.

A big dog can help keep your bed warm in the winter. A puppy will just pee in it.

This is true, and why I intend to adopt dog(s) that are at least 6 months old.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At six months it's still a baby, just (depending on breed) bigger. Logan acts the same as he did four months ago, but now he can jump on almost any surface in the house, runs faster, and though he's a little less clumsy, whatever he runs into is going to be loud and probably fall over.

Danger Dog
Sep 19, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

At six months it's still a baby, just (depending on breed) bigger. Logan acts the same as he did four months ago, but now he can jump on almost any surface in the house, runs faster, and though he's a little less clumsy, whatever he runs into is going to be loud and probably fall over.

Well sure, they're going to act like puppies at 6 months, but they're trainable.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At 10 weeks we had Logan trained to sit and make eye contact. It took about 8 minutes, once I figured out what I was doing (hadn't had a puppy since I was a kid). They're trainable as soon as they're old enough to take away from mom.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Boxers act like puppies their entire lives. Big enough to look like a guard dog, but playful enough there is no concern about aggression. The best dogges :3:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

At 10 weeks we had Logan trained to sit and make eye contact. It took about 8 minutes, once I figured out what I was doing (hadn't had a puppy since I was a kid). They're trainable as soon as they're old enough to take away from mom.

This is 100% correct. Dakota responds to his name and sits on command. I've just about got him completely trained to where he will patiently wait for me to hand him the treat instead of lunging after it. He had never been in a crate before I got him, and now he just chills in it and only whines if he needs to piss or poo poo. Hell, he's going to the back door when he needs to go out now, and I've just about got him to start ringing a bell by the door as well. He's only 8 and a half weeks old.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I think it's safe to say that whether you've got a rescue, a pup from the breeder, a big one or a small one, dogges just plain rule.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Writer Cath posted:

dogges just plain rule.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Writer Cath posted:

I think it's safe to say that whether you've got a rescue, a pup from the breeder, a big one or a small one, dogges just plain rule.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota's toys came him. He got a puppy kong and a larger one for in a few months. I put a few treats in the kong and that had his absolute attention for over a minute. Then he discovered the holee roller and hasn't left it alone since.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fried Chicken posted:

Boxers act like puppies their entire lives. Big enough to look like a guard dog, but playful enough there is no concern about aggression. The best dogges :3:

A boxer mix is the only dog who can get Bella off her lazy rear end to run around in the dog park. They're unfailingly happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think he likes his new toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65_OPsAGm-w