Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Literally all used and only 2 people gave warning. There are turds out there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Literally all used and only 2 people gave warning. There are turds out there!
Or rather, the forums should be assumed to be public at any time and people shouldn't post stuff like that without expecting non-registered lurkers to snag most if not all of it.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

IcePhoenix posted:

Heads up, they're all gone now even though only two people posted about it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Heads up, they're all gone now even though only two people posted about it.

2 out of 7 isn't bad for SA.

Lurkers! :argh:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
poo poo happens.

Rule of thumb: post giveaway stuff in Private Game Servers, and then link to your PGS thread in the relevant Games thread. :)

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

So once I figured out that Raelynns's aiming laser changes color when you're gonna hit an awesomenaut, she clicked so hard for me. Gotta start with 2 levels in health regen. Whoever was the first to suggest that, is awesome. Awesome beyond words.

Never go back until the enemy's turret goes down.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Genji really is my favorite character. Does any 'naut have more area denial / field control than he does?

Gnaw can weed and spit, but those are avoidable or destroyable for the most part. Voltar can do damage fields with his healbot, but that's also easily damaged.

Genji can:

Turn enemy bots into allied flying droids, forcing enemy 'nauts to stop and deal with them for no solar benefit.
Spam lingering DoT stormclouds around with his basic attack.
Create a giant 50 damage explosion around whatever his cocoon hits after a few seconds.

Most times when I've played him no one knows how to deal with him, because they always end up running away

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Fired this up after a few months hiatus...

...aaaaaand it's uninstalled again.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
I just realized something - did they remove the rankings in game? :psyduck:

I did some reading and apparently rankings are no longer visible because random rank 2-3 people would just quit when they were up against a team of rank 1 people. That's disappointing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jesto posted:

I just realized something - did they remove the rankings in game? :psyduck:

I did some reading and apparently rankings are no longer visible because random rank 2-3 people would just quit when they were up against a team of rank 1 people. That's disappointing.

Nah, you just can't see them in a match.

That being said, I prefer Coco for denial fuckery. Bouncing people who get too aggressive around, separating teams, occasionally yanking someone into the turret death zone. Complete with escape board maneuvers.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 3, 2013

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Is there still a community on XBL? It's only 5 bucks now, and I enjoy playing bot matches on PC.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Shadow225 posted:

Is there still a community on XBL? It's only 5 bucks now, and I enjoy playing bot matches on PC.

Don't buy the 360 or PS3 version. It hasn't been updated in over a year and is horribly unbalanced.

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
I severely hope they manage to get at least to custom games in the kickstarter, that's all I care about. They've been trying to sweeten the deal by giving away all the skins for people who pay 30 dollars or more, in addition all people who pay 15 dollars+ get Ronimo's other game, Swords and Soldiers + DLC.

Jesto posted:

Genji really is my favorite character. Does any 'naut have more area denial / field control than he does?

Gnaw can weed and spit, but those are avoidable or destroyable for the most part. Voltar can do damage fields with his healbot, but that's also easily damaged.

Genji can:

Turn enemy bots into allied flying droids, forcing enemy 'nauts to stop and deal with them for no solar benefit.
Spam lingering DoT stormclouds around with his basic attack.
Create a giant 50 damage explosion around whatever his cocoon hits after a few seconds.

Most times when I've played him no one knows how to deal with him, because they always end up running away

I've only seen one instance of the newer Storm Cloud being used to actual good effect and it was a game I played just the other night. It was also the only instance I've seen where a Voltar took knock back instead of damage on his heal bot. The Gnaw's poison and storm cloud just quickly DOT'd everyone to death. (Although the team composition had no long distance and I'm pretty sure had I used Vinnie & Spike I could have broken up the group.)

Most of the time when using Genji, I drop the cloud in favor of attack speed. 9 damage each pass + 10 damage poison each pass is an extremely nasty combo. Genji's attack speed makes me constantly outpace many characters in damage. But, if you can get the team to support it, Storm Cloud is a fantastic way to hit behind the turret and just weaken characters bit by bit.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
A few things worth mentioning from today's backer update:

- The exclusive announcer that Bronze tier backers get will be Voltar
- If they reach $250,000 they'll also add Gnaw as an announcer
- The game is free to play this entire week, also 60% off with skins being 50% off
- They're at $200,000 right now, so the $270,000 stretch goal for custom games is pretty likely

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Tell me when they add a tier reward that makes it so your Awesomenaut's theme plays to everyone when you get a triple kill, or maybe when you get Legendary. Just to completely demoralize the enemy team and be super cool.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Custom games stretch goal hit! 2 vs 10 Ultimate Derpl/Voltar Compstomp go! :woop:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Shine posted:

Custom games stretch goal hit! 2 vs 10 Ultimate Derpl/Voltar Compstomp go! :woop:

Hell yeah. Ayla bot stomp is a go.

More so, I can finally get around to having 4 on 4 matches with my friends.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Shine posted:

This is a super big deal. I don't really care about more characters, but bigger / custom team sizes is going to bring me back for a while.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
I don't suppose a 'True Random Queue' is coming in the custom games addition as well?

Just a mode that absolutely, positively ensures you'll never run into a premade team and just fight against randomly bunched people?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jesto posted:

I don't suppose a 'True Random Queue' is coming in the custom games addition as well?

Just a mode that absolutely, positively ensures you'll never run into a premade team and just fight against randomly bunched people?

That kind of queue splitting is what ended up killing SMNC, I'd hope they don't pursue that route.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

One note on custom games, it's still capped at 6 humans per game (technical reasons probably) but you can have more than 3 humans on a single team.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I just wish they could get a server/lobby system going, where you have all the upgrades unlocked and you can drop in/out freely, but you just don't gain XP. There was a generic League clone that came out recently that had this, and this game needs it really badly.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I got this game over the sale and I've been really liking it so far. I've only really got a few complaints:

-I wish there was a way to set the game up so it randomizes teams each round so I can play with the same group of people without falling into the boring cycle of always winning or always losing, and it would lead to less of these dumbasses who quit and start a new game after each round because they hate any and all teammates they ever get

-The game should really track things like assist kills. As it is, it's sort of shaming people for supporting their teammates.

-Raelynn's shtick is really really bland. Here she is, next to a monkey from the soviet space program and a horrible monster with an obsession for cats whose rich uncle gave him a secretarial weapons platform, and the most interesting thing about her is that she named her gun cuddles? C'mon, Awesomenauts, you're better than that.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Apparently they've already reached $290,000 (I would assume they know before it's officially updated on the Kickstarter page), and mentioned that they'd be splitting up the replay feature goal so they have something between here and the next stretch goal.

quote:

Now that we've reached the $290,000 bonus goal, we have a long road ahead of us to reach the next stretchgoal at $380,000. When we reach that, we'll be upgrading the Spectator mode that was already included in the base goal to another system that is a lot more flexible and has many more features. For instance, this system would allow an almost infinite number of players to spectate a match simultaneously, saves replays of all your games played, and allows you to watch the replays saved by other players (if they choose to share these, of course).

We know this goal is still quite far off, and might appear a little out of reach with only about four days left to go. For that reason, we've been thinking about ways in which we could split this goal up into smaller parts. We came up with a way to make a simplified version of the Replays System, and added a stretch goal for this feature at $330,000.

If we reach this goal, we'll build a system that automatically records and stores all matches you play. You can then watch these replays, skip from moment to moment, follow all the players around, pause the action, speed it up or slow it down, and move the camera around freely. You will also be able to share these replays with your friends by exchanging the file.

They're also planning to add some sort of fox character now that they've reached $290k. I would make some snarky comment about adding too many characters and suggest something different, but at this point I honestly don't know what they could do to maintain the playerbase aside from outright converting to F2P.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
Went ahead and put $15 towards the Kickstarter, figure I've gotten more than my money's worth for a game I got in a bundle (plus I wanted some new skins).

edit: looks like they're adding a new Froggy G skin for backers too. About 2 days left if you're still on the fence.

tacoman165 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 16, 2013

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
The Kickstarter is done, but they're still accepting paypal funding. I guess if we get more money we'll have another character? (That we would have gotten anyways?)

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I just picked this game back up after not looking at it for months (a year???). Holy crap there are a poo poo ton more dudes. I stopped playing around the time they added gnaw.

I like a lot of these newer dudes. Any tips for playing Genji?

E: I've been playing with bots to get back into it and boy does it feel good to get a dude stuck on a turret with Genji's snare.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I finally started playing this after it's been sitting in my Steam library for lord knows how long... All I gotta say is that Clunk and his Vacuum Bite are my favorite things in this game so far, especially when you get the "hit two enemies with one bite" upgrade.

Does anyone have any good tips regarding playing Clunk? I still haven't tried the other characters that I've unlocked after him, but I have a good feeling I might stick with him a little more unless one of the later characters is way way better.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Get snare on Vacuum Bite, it's pretty much mandatory.

Use vertical movement to land your Explode. On Ribbit you can start the charge on the bottom level, hop on the jump-pad and have it pop off just as you enter the top level. On the other 3 maps, you can simply charge from the top level and drop down. Just check your minimap for enemy player locations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jet Set Jettison posted:

I just picked this game back up after not looking at it for months (a year???). Holy crap there are a poo poo ton more dudes. I stopped playing around the time they added gnaw.

I like a lot of these newer dudes. Any tips for playing Genji?

E: I've been playing with bots to get back into it and boy does it feel good to get a dude stuck on a turret with Genji's snare.

This is from a while ago, but Pro Genji Tip is, when you're using the AoE explosion on Cocoon upgrade, hit bots that are overlapping with the enemy turret. For some reason it causes the cocoon to instantly burst, doing its AoE damage immediately (and also transforming the bot if you have that upgrade). It's a really sneaky way to snipe people hiding in/behind turrets.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Patch 1.23 adds twin stick support for gamepads! Now I just have to completely re-learn the controls :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I like the changes so far, except for that suddenly it crashes every time I try to start a match. I've verified my cache twice now and restarted steam, I don't know why it's not working. In any case, does anyone else get a lot of invisible players because the skins don't load?

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
It's kind of bizarre that the twin-stick support doesn't at least give an option to autofire while you're holding a direction on the second stick. Without that, it makes it way too cumbersome and fiddly to be viable.

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
Twin-stick works fine for me. I switched attack to R1 and teleport to R2 and that seemed to alleviate and problems I had with it.

Autofire would be nice though...

Orv
May 4, 2011
So I know that balance isn't a term Ronimo is familiar with, but how do you deal with crazy half-screen lazer deathball chick?

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 6, 2013

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

miscellaneous14 posted:

It's kind of bizarre that the twin-stick support doesn't at least give an option to autofire while you're holding a direction on the second stick. Without that, it makes it way too cumbersome and fiddly to be viable.

It allows you to aim your abilities, though :eng101:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I've had this game for a while but never really got into it, seemed keyboard and mouse on a laptop didn't really work out for me. Finally picked up a controller and played a few rounds, I think I am back in.

Few things/questions:

1. As a MOBA, I don't see this being fun unless I play with a group. Few matches I played it was people all over the place with no group strategy. Unless there is some builds for solo,ect.

2. I tend to play more of a support role, any recommendations ?

3. Goon group somewhat active ?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

1. As a MOBA, I don't see this being fun unless I play with a group. Few matches I played it was people all over the place with no group strategy. Unless there is some builds for solo,ect.

You probably want to play it with people if you're playing to win. Solo dropping is going to lead to losing a lot to just better-coordinated teams. I just play it to gently caress around, myself, though.

As for support characters, they run the range. Genji is really good, but has slow starts. Voltar is decent and an amazing pusher but very vulnerable to bursty characters or solo in a lane. Gnaw is not super great but fun for derping around solo. Skolldir and Swiggins are initiators and thus arguably support, but you'd have to ask someone who plays them how good they are.

I dunno about the goon group.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I've had this game for a while but never really got into it, seemed keyboard and mouse on a laptop didn't really work out for me. Finally picked up a controller and played a few rounds, I think I am back in.

Few things/questions:

I play pretty often so hit me up if I'm on. There's unfortunately not much communication between players so you just gotta hope your team sticks together to push the lanes, even the tanks will get rocked if it's not one-on-one.

Voltar's a great support character and his drones can do decent damage once they've leveled up.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Genji is much more fun than Voltar as a support because it's a bit harder for Voltar to get kills in while supporting.

With Genji you can:

- Heal your entire party for 30 damage a pop every 8~ seconds.
- Shield them from a % of incoming damage.
- Deny the enemy a large area of the battlefield by creating an explosive cocoon.
- Convert one of the enemy minions into an allied flying minion, swarming the battlefield with annoying little things the enemy can't ignore.
- Spew AoE blasts that linger in the air for further denial.
- Web the enemy players up in a cocoon that allows your allies to surround and pound them to death.
- Heal your allies with every shot of your basic attack.

Give him a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

In Kickstarter news, the custom games beta is coming in the next few weeks! :dance:

Can't wait to demolish a dozen easy AI when I'm half-asleep.

• Locked thread