Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
HAHAHAHA ITS LITERALLY SATAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
...was that a loving Slenderman?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
John Cho noooooooooooooooooooo :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
poo poo. That was freaky.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
THAT MONSTER IS TERRIFYING.

I'm getting serious Slenderman vibes from it. :( Nightmare mode.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
The gently caress.

I'm completely sold.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Oh my God leaving on Sympathy for the Devil. I am so in for this season.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

These monster designs look legitimately awesome.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yes horned demons, apocalypses, let's fuckin do this.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Ha ha ha this isn't going to last seven episodes

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DivisionPost posted:

You shut the gently caress up this beautiful little show needs to run it's course.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
drat, except for a couple of :spergin:matte issues with the horseman's head,:spergin: that was outstanding and fun as hell.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This is the dumbest loving show but it has a Headless Horseman with an assault rifle and Johnny Blaze's shotgun so that's cool I guess.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Supernatural's gone strong for, what, nine seasons? I think this will get two, at least.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
If you didn't enjoy that you are the least fun person alive.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

DivisionPost posted:

Shut your mouth, demon.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

futurememory posted:

THAT MONSTER IS TERRIFYING.

I'm getting serious Slenderman vibes from it. :( Nightmare mode.

Monsters that you can't quite see are always scarier :ohdear:

Also, this was awesome.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This seems like some weird/beautiful combination of X-Files, Fringe, Supernatural, and every fish-out-of-time movie/show ever.

Groveling Toast
Jun 2, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait, wasn't Death the last horseman, not the first? drat backwards Hollywood Bibles :argh:

IIRC the first horseman is conquest, who carries a bow and rides a white horse

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Yoshifan823 posted:

This seems like some weird/beautiful combination of X-Files, Fringe, Supernatural, and every fish-out-of-time movie/show ever.

It's going to be an occult version of the X-Files/Fringe taking place in my hometown and god dammit I am way more excited than I should be.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pospysyl posted:

Supernatural's gone strong for, what, nine seasons? I think this will get two, at least.

I think the big difference is that CW numbers wouldn't be good enough for Fox.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Groveling Toast posted:

IIRC the first horseman is conquest, who carries a bow and rides a white horse

Everyone knows that War is the first horseman...

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

This show looks like it's going to be so loving metal. You've got demons, witches, wizards, illuminatis, archaic English, pagan rites, everything. The Headless Horseman riding with his assault rifle should totally have been on a hair metal album cover.

Regy Rusty posted:

This is absolutely fair. Fox of late has been good about letting underperforming shows go for a full season, so at least we'll get that.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

This will either be the next Best Thing on Television, or a guilty pleasure train wreck that I watch because it's sooo bad it's good.

Either way, I'm in for Buddy-Timecop X-Files.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Fringe lasted for like five seasons? On Friday no less. Let's wait a bit and see if they make the time switch.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
That was surprisingly fun and decent. I'm down for the season.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I had to pause the tv 3 or 4 times so that I could laugh really hard without missing any of the ridiculous plot. I love this show.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Sign me right the gently caress up this owns so far :clint:

Oh man she just busted him out this owns that dream owned

Washingtons Bible owns im so glad thats even a thing

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I am so on board for this show. That was fun as hell.

"The Bible speaks of two witnesses, who will work together just long enough to make it to syndication."

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Yoshifan823 posted:

You shut the gently caress up this beautiful little show needs to run it's course.

It doesn't matter. FOX is already so invested in this show that nothing will cancel it before the first season ends. Same reason that Mindy Project has only been on so long.

FOX will never ever cut their losses on a show they poured money into. Why do you think Mob Doctor wasn't cancelled before the first episode ended?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The show is actually pretty funny too. Like, not Under the Dome funny. Actual laughs.

Plus headless horseman with military style assault weapons

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of surprised that they left the Horseman still around by the end of the episode and not at least temporarily defeated. It seems like something that Fox would want to get out of the way fairly quickly because of the effect work involved.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
It seems to me that the problem would be solved again if Crane just killed himself again.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
This show is loving nuts.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just assumed they hired an actor with no head? Everything has to be effing cgi nowadays :shrug:

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Tom Tucker posted:

I am so on board for this show. That was fun as hell.

"The Bible speaks of two witnesses, who will work together just long enough to make it to syndication."

haha, glad someone else picked that up. We will work together for seven... seasons!

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

pospysyl posted:

Honestly the model for how the show may succeed is probably closer to Grimm. Not as much of a successful breakout like Once Upon A Time, but still a major network show that will probably find a slot somewhere and earn enough viewers in that slot to stick around for a while, if it manages past the first bump. But I doubt it will be a super long run like Supernatural, which has lots of strange factors at work for why it's been able to go on for so long.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Palooka posted:

Honestly the model for how the show may succeed is probably closer to Grimm. Not as much of a successful breakout like Once Upon A Time, but still a major network show that will probably find a slot somewhere and earn enough viewers in that slot to stick around for a while, if it manages past the first bump. But I doubt it will be a super long run like Supernatural, which has lots of strange factors at work for why it's been able to go on for so long.

They're saving their Male/Male leads fit for fanfiction for Almost Human.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Once Upon A Time is considered a "successful breakout"?

E: I mean, in same ways I agree because it shows Hurley as a goddamn cave troll or some poo poo and thats hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Conquistador posted:

Once Upon A Time is considered a "successful breakout"?

E: I mean, in same ways I agree because it shows Hurley as a goddamn cave troll or some poo poo and thats hilarious

Was going to type a bunch of stuff, but Wikipedia just makes it easier :

The first season premiered as the top-rated drama series. The pilot episode was watched by 13 million viewers and received a 4.0 rating/share among 18–49 year olds. It was the season's highest-rated drama debut among the age range and ABC's biggest debut in five years. With DVR viewers, the premiere climbed to 15.5 million viewers and a 5.2 rating/share in adults 18–49. The show's next three episodes had consistent ratings every week with over 11 million viewers. The series has become the number one non-sports program with viewers and young adults on Sunday nights.

The second season premiered to 12 million people, and though it's fallen off a bit, it's a Sunday show still in the top 20 18-49 rankings and it has a spinoff show premiering along side it in October.

So yes, I'd say it's pretty successful. I'm guessing ABC and any other network would agree.

• Locked thread