Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futile
May 18, 2009
If antialiasing is on through driver control panels it forces certain ENB effects to turn off like ambient occlusion. Vsync should be fine. AF I'm not sure of. ENB has error messages in the newer versions now so if you turn it on and ENB doesn't spit angry red text at you then you're probably good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cabal120 just pushed out his retex of the Bonemold Armor

Time to go back to Soltsheim and grab me a set! :swoon:

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
For some reason when I try to run SUM the patch gets stuck on Automatic Variants and it gives me a pop up that's a blank box with the title "Message" that cannot be closed. Has anybody run into this before? Know any way to fix it?

Edit: Apparently running the Automatic Variants SkyProc on it's own works so I guess that's what I'll have to be doing from now on.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 16, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Just wanna say that the new Mod Organizer release candidate is a must have. Installed mods now show errors for missing masters, and BSAs are organized by mod, among other useful additions.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Tannin really is fast. MO got updated to 1.0.1 to fix the crash issues some people reported.

And while I'm at it, where does MO expect Python to be installed? I have it installed, it's working and yet, MO says it's either not installed or can't be found. Not worried since it's working but I get annoyed by warnings that shouldn't be there. :)

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
SKSE has an installer now, should I use that or should I follow the youtube video install directions?
I sloppily tried modding about a year ago, and I'm starting fresh cause I wanna play something single player for once. Want to make my game pretty and add tons of extra armours and poo poo. I like having lots of armour/weapon variants and lots of animals. Vanilla Skyrim leaves a lot to be desired.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

SKSE has an installer now, should I use that or should I follow the youtube video install directions?
The only difference is that the installer doesn't seem to include scriptsources and the files needed to create SKSE plugins. Then again, I guess the people who were demanding a installer probably aren't likely to create mods themselves.
For normal use there's no difference, so go with whichever one you feel comfortable with.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I followed the youtube video, thanks. Now I'm listening to the Mod Organizer one. Gonna take this slow so I don't gently caress it up like last time. Gonna get everything working before I really start my fresh playthrough. First things once I get SKSE/MO/BOSS/etc installed is to get SPERG going, then I'll start adding in items and visual changes gradually.

EDIT: Do I have to archive the SKSE scripts and install through MO like the youtube says? When I try I get the "no game data on top level" thing and have no clue what to do...
SKSE IS working in game, though I have no mods installed. I checked by running SKSE through MO and using the "getskseversion" command to check

DOUBLE EDIT: Can someone teach me about BSAs? MO says if you don't know about them, just click "no", so should I just click no?

also how the gently caress do I get nexus to always have the download with MO button? I don't wanna do poo poo manually, its hard :mad:

Sorry for being a noob, but I've gotta ask the dumb questions somewhere

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 17, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Do I have to archive the SKSE scripts and install through MO like the youtube says? When I try I get the "no game data on top level" thing and have no clue what to do...
SKSE IS working in game, though I have no mods installed. I checked by running SKSE through MO and using the "getskseversion" command to check
All "getskseversion" can tell you is if you booted the game though SKSE's executable and the version of SKSE you have. SKSE has several scripts that need to be placed under /Skyrim/Data/Scripts. It sounds like with the way you've set it up, MO is not presenting these scripts to the game. Without these scripts from SKSE, other scripts that utilize SKSE functions will not work.

That error message in MO means that the file structure of your SKSE archive-thingey is wrong and MO doesn't get what you want to have it place in the Data folder. If for some reason you want to use MO for the SKSE scripts, then I would not bother with creating a seperate archive and having MO instal that.
Instead, go the folder you've extracted from your SKSE download. There should be a folder called "Data", that contains another folder called "Scripts", which in turn contains the SKSE scripts. Rename the "Data" folder to something like "SKSE". Next open up MO's mod directory. By default this is \ModOrganizer\mods. Copy the folder you've renamed to "SKSE" over to MO's mod directory.
The next time you open up MO, this SKSE folder will show up in your list of installed mods and you can enable it.

But unless you want to start Skyrim without SKSE, having MO manage the SKSE scripts is not all that usefull and if you're really new to this, it's probably a better idea to keep things simple.
The SKSE download includes a readme file. Said readme file contains instal instruction in basic English. I'd start over, don't look at any weird youtube guides and just read the readme file.

Horizontal Tree posted:

Can someone teach me about BSAs? MO says if you don't know about them, just click "no", so should I just click no?
That's about if you want to extract the BSA archive, right? Yeah, just click no. Unless you want to mess around with the files the BSA archive contains, there's no real point to extracting them.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 17, 2013

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I just copied the SKSE data folder (renamed) into mo/mods like you said. I was following the youtube linked in the OP.
SKSE works in-game and the executable was in MO already. Dunno if I'm really doing useless things here.

Okay, I copied the DATA folder into Skyrims folder. Will see if that works.

SkyUI tells me SKSE is broken. Gonna just try to start over with the SKSE install. Easiest way to reset my Skyrim folder? Delete the /data folder entirely, remove the SKSE files from main, and verify game files?
Doing that. Gonna just go do something else while the game effectively re-downloads and come back to it fresh in an hour or two.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 17, 2013

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Here's a question for all you Skyrim modding gurus: I am running this game on a GTX 660 with 2 gb of ram. When I try using the Skyrim HD 2K texture pack, the game loads and runs fine, and framerates don't seem to dip. What is happening though is that whenever I load a new area, the game "chugs" for a couple of seconds when I look around. It's a mild nuisance at most, but still discourages me from using the texture packs because without them, even with Bigger Trees, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Alternate 4k Mountain Textures and ELFX the game is buttery smooth. Is there a memory tweak or something I could perform to help?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Edit: scratch that.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 18, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Running an ENB? I had problems with Phinix and "chugging" framerates. Switched to RealENB or something like that and all has been well.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Is it possible to install ENB configs via MO? I've just been slapping them into the Skyrim data folder but it's sort of a pain when you just want to check one out and see how it runs.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Negative. Some ENBs come with files that go into the \Data directory, but ENB is a "top level" (above the \Data directory) mod, like SKSE etc.

There is an ENB manager, but it isn't very intuitive.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Gyshall posted:

Running an ENB? I had problems with Phinix and "chugging" framerates. Switched to RealENB or something like that and all has been well.

If this is a response to my inquiry, then no, I am currently not running any ENB.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

What is happening though is that whenever I load a new area, the game "chugs" for a couple of seconds when I look around.
Do you have a solid state or a hard disk for memory?

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 17, 2013

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Raygereio posted:

Do you have a solid state or a hard disk for memory?

My computer has both drives, though I rarely install games on the SSD. In this case, I did install Skyrim to my SSD but saw no improvements whatsoever in load times, so I moved it back to my HDD. My load times aren't long, though I was certainly hoping that the SSD would "smooth" things out. Alas.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

My computer has both drives, though I rarely install games on the SSD. In this case, I did install Skyrim to my SSD but saw no improvements whatsoever in load times, so I moved it back to my HDD. My load times aren't long, though I was certainly hoping that the SSD would "smooth" things out. Alas.
Just so we're clear, you tested it on the SDD with your texture overhauls? Because that "chuging" sounds like the game is having to take time to load those large texture and the SDD ought to improve that.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Sensenmann posted:

Tannin really is fast. MO got updated to 1.0.1 to fix the crash issues some people reported.
I'm still getting a crash on startup. :smith:

Inverness fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 17, 2013

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Raygereio posted:

Just so we're clear, you tested it on the SDD with your texture overhauls? Because that "chuging" sounds like the game is having to take time to load those large texture and the SDD ought to improve that.

It should, and I expected it to, but it didn't. I'm starting to believe that my processor is the bottleneck. I have a quadcore Athlon 2 ghz, my hard drive and video card outclass it by a country mile.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Anyone using Immersive Settlements?

How is it? Looking for a bit more bang for the cities and villages and this one seems promising.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
As of now most of the added buildings don't have interiors. There are a few shops where the shopkeepers just sit in chairs placed in front of the doors instead. It's alright though. I don't really notice anything too out of place other than a bunch of buildings with fake doors when I'm wandering through towns.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I alternate between it and Expanded Villages and Cities. I'm using the Fight Against the Thalmor mods as well, though, and Immersive settlements works a bit better with them because it doesn't affect too much on the south side of Dragon Bridge.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Could there be any particular reason why my game flat out freezes randomly when looking through my inventory menu or when crafting? It just flat out freezes, and alt-tabbing out and back in won't do anything.

Here's a load order if that helps
code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPERG.esm
SPIKE.esm
XFLMain.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
sh_hf_falkr_fix.esp
sh_hf_hjaal_fix.esp
sh_hf_pale_fix.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
better_torches.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
prod80_CoT_patch.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
prod80_SupremeStorms_CoT_patch.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
TradeBarter.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern_Guards.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern_Caravaner.esp
Dwemer Spectres.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Brigands.esp
Immersive Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
Immersive Werewolves.esp
JK Crafting Breakdown.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp
Point The Way.esp
smithing&clothings_variety_mod.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyTweak.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
Actualize Apparel.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
BoundArmors.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
ConvenientCrossbows.esp
DragonboneCrossbow.esp
DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp
DreamBurrowsRegalAssassin.esp
HBetterBows.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
OMageCommonRobesV2.esp
OMageReplacerPack.esp
SabreCat_Gear.esp
skyforgedShields.esp
Unexpected Blades.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
UniqueBows.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp
HarvestOverhaulDawnguardDragonborn.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreaturesDawnguardHearthfireDragonborn.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
DeadlyMonsters.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
tos_granitehall.esp
Immersive Events.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
ShezriesHFKitchen.esp
ShezriesHFKitchenHel.esp
ShezriesWinstadHearthfireKitchen.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Dawnguard.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Dragonborn.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Hearthfire.esp
Morrowloot_nwah.esp
Item Sorting by Saige.esp
Item Sorting DG by Saige.esp
Item Sorting HF by Saige.esp
Item Sorting DB by Saige.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
Deadly Traps.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
faceonlydragonmask.esp
giant_giants_and_mammoths.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp
Headtracking.esp
MoreSalt.esp
most dragons!.esp
RichMerchants.esp
Riften Bigger Trees.esp
Skyrim bigger trees.esp
Sickly Diseases.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.esp
skyforgedWeapons.esp
Unique Region Names.esp
Unique Region Names - Dragonborn.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
tos_amber_guard.esp
tos_laintardale_hf.esp
tos_oakwood_hf.esp
detailed outskirts.esp
detailed cities.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp
SoundPropagationOverhaul.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
Dark Dungeons for Dawnguard.esp
Dark Dungeons for Dragonborn.esp
Unique Region Names - Dragonborn COT Patch.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Wyrmstooth.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
Enhanced Soul Trap.esp
Duel - Combat Realism.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
private_nokillblur_test.esp
Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG Weapons and Armor Complete.esp
SPERG Extensible Follower Framework.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
SPERG-DB.esp
SPERG Immersive Armors.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-XFLPatch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
WATER.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
RND_Water-Patch.esp
EnableSovngardeMap.esp
Follower Map Markers.esp
House Markers.esp
SKSE Hotkeys.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
World_Map_Height_Pitch_Tweak_130.esp
dawnguard_helms.esp
StormLord.esp
TradeTools&FirewoodWeightFix.esp
CraftableCultistArmors.esp
DBDragonMaskFaceonly.esp
dragonaspectredone.esp
konahrik_accoutrements.esp
konahrik_accoutrements_db.esp
konahrik_accoutrements_dpe.esp
Quietcool.esp
wizDynamicThings.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks guys, I'll put it on my watch list for a different run.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Could there be any particular reason why my game flat out freezes randomly when looking through my inventory menu or when crafting? It just flat out freezes, and alt-tabbing out and back in won't do anything.

Here's a load order if that helps

<snip>

There's an awful lot of patches and fixes so a bashed patch might not be enough. Tried Tes5Edit and a merged patch?

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I've got the Steam version of Skyrim in Spanish and I'm getting a lot of square boxes in lieu of letters. Characters like the inverted question mark (¿) and vowels with accents (ú, é, etc.) show up as squares. How do I fix this?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Scyantific posted:

I had the same issue when using Phinix ENB with ENBoost...maybe try disabling ENB to see if that fixes it? Not sure why that would cause the issue, but it did for me. Also, removing ENB didn't help, but rolling back to a save before ENB did.

futile
May 18, 2009

Scyantific posted:

I'd toss my guess at the Item Sorting mod, Dynamic Things, or the Region Names mod. Seen so many conflicts/errors with those kinds of mods. Also there's a Wrymstooth patch for Thunderchild unless you already merged it. I think extended freezes like that are usually caused by running out of VRAM though? Could be wrong.

Also from the problem mentioned above, there's no way reverting to a save before ENB did anything--ENB has absolutely nothing to do with your save file. Something else happened between those saves.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The problem's been there since before dynamic things. My guess would be Item Sorting. Ill test it out.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Scyantific posted:

The problem's been there since before dynamic things. My guess would be Item Sorting. Ill test it out.

I was having this problem. My guess was that the menu was getting overloaded, because at the time I was running close to 200 mods. It happened mostly in the crafting menu. I was never able to pin it down because I ditched that profile because it was getting buggy as gently caress. What I did notice was that it only froze when mousing over a new item (meaning I already had one item displayed and moved to another), so maybe the game was having trouble an additional item's graphic? It never seemed to affect any particular items, though.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Sorry to keep asking for help, but seems I'm prone to failure.

I installed ENB and it worked wonderfully for a few days, but yesterday it decided that I have hardware anti-aliaising turned on, even though I don't. I checked the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, checked the launcher, checked my nVidia settings - all point to no AA installed.

What the hell? Has anybody else had this problem? I even removed and reinstalled ENB and tried a couple other presets for it.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So I'm looking at the readme for the Flora Respawn fix...

quote:

Q: Will this mod fix stuff I've already harvested?
A: YES, but you have to help it do that a bit. When you reenter an area and you see that everything has respawned, HARVEST IT ALL WITHOUT RELOADING A SAVE. Only when you're sure you've gotten everything will it be safe to save your game and exit. The script that fixes things won't kick off until you harvest the item, so if you save and reload before that, Skyrim.exe is going to forget it respawned.
How the hell am I supposed to remember all of the hundreds of things I harvested already? :psyboom: It implies it will break if I don't.

Am I just misunderstanding this or what?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Smells like you should just console yourself the good stuff. I mean that section seems to imply "if you don't harvest everything, it won't reset right" but it means per area, possibly per-cell? But I have no idea how you'd handle stuff in the worldmap of Skyrim that way.

futile
May 18, 2009

give me thread posted:

What the hell? Has anybody else had this problem? I even removed and reinstalled ENB and tried a couple other presets for it.
Did you check your nvidia settings through the plain old control panel, or through nvidia inspector? The control panel doesn't always tell the whole story as there are application specific settings.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

futile posted:

Did you check your nvidia settings through the plain old control panel, or through nvidia inspector? The control panel doesn't always tell the whole story as there are application specific settings.
Good point. Just checked now and some AA was still left on. However after switching it all off and I still get the message.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

give me thread posted:

Good point. Just checked now and some AA was still left on. However after switching it all off and I still get the message.

Did you set the AA in the nvidia control panel to "application setting?" If so, try just setting it to "no" so it overrides anything else that may be causing it. I think FXAA also needs to be disabled, though I could be mistaken.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

give me thread posted:

If you're using Mod Organizer, you need to run the Skyrim Launcher through MO on each of your profiles and disable AA there. Fixed it for me.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
So I finally got MO running, but whenever I try to download something from the Nexus, it gives me two errors in a row:

"failed to connect to running instance: QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Access denied"
and
"failed to write to C:/Program Files(x86)/ModOrganizer/logs/mo_interface.log: Access is denied"

Does anyone know what the problem could be? MO is giving me so much trouble but it looks so much better than NMM :(

• Locked thread