Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

I was a bit less busy than usual, so I edited a update together:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

FutureFriend posted:

I was a bit less busy than usual, so I edited a update together:

Bowling ball and a trophy? The Wario abides.

And 50 Shades of Gray is the next game :v:

Lurkcopter
Aug 6, 2013
Stove canyon is really where Wario Land takes of the kiddy gloves and things start to heat up.

We also really need that kingdom Wario game where he goes around the Nintendo multi-verse, plundering other Nintendo franchises for wealth and treasure.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lurkcopter posted:

Stove canyon is really where Wario Land takes of the kiddy gloves and things start to heat up.

We also really need that kingdom Wario game where he goes around the Nintendo multi-verse, plundering other Nintendo franchises for wealth and treasure.

You know he'd just hire someone at half cost to go do it for him.

And then blackjack him in an alleyway somewhere and take his money back.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lurkcopter posted:

Wario and DeDeDe fighting over who gets to steal some ice cream from Kirby.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

So, some goon friends of mine decided while we were playing Mario Party 2 to record it as some bonus content for this thread, because it seemed like a fun idea at the time:

With: killeremcee, Admiral Hyouta Curtiss and Voltcatfish

I'm gonna slow down editing videos a bit from this point on, because I think I'm probably rushing this all a bit too much.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The whole "keyblade" thing was pretty entertaining. It's a nice advantage considering you can't really charge around with the key.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Alright guys, new update up and we're nearing the end of the game:

Anyway, there's gonna be a chance of plans once we've finished Wario Land, since it's something people have said to me and both me and Holidae have noticed; we both just can't really carry a entire LP of this with just the two of us, so starting from the video after Wario Land on, we're going to switch over to a group LP instead of a duo LP and see if the videos are better that way.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
You two guys and a rotating guest would be a great setup!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

It's gonna be more 4 constant people actually, rather than us 2 and a rotating guest. I've kinda learned my lesson from the Bad Rats LP to have rotating guests the entire time.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
It has recently come to our attention that even our considerable LP chops aren't enough to keep this train rolling along at a good pace. We need extra people to get out and push.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Those guys that just fly away were also in Super Mario Land 2, I think. What are they anyway?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

They're just supposed to be flies, one thing is that if you actually do manage to jump on them you actually get 10 coins.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

*I* didn't even know you could even jump on the flies :staredog:

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Just dont try to put me and uzworm in the same video it ain't gonna happen.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I never noticed the crocodiles were wearing innertubes before :3:

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Did the bosses ever have any "official" names? The internet often lists them by their [presumably] Japanese names, but I was curious if they ever made up english goofball names.

And if not, someone should.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Digital Jello posted:

Did the bosses ever have any "official" names? The internet often lists them by their [presumably] Japanese names, but I was curious if they ever made up english goofball names.

Nope. The manual has names for some of the regular enemies, but no bosses.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

The only English name I know is for the first one, "Spike Bro". I shall channel the spirit of Woosley to name the rest:

Spike Bro
Pound Beef
Penguard
Whackfu
Vice Captain Bobo the Crow
Coin Hearse
Captain Syrup and Jean E. Lamp

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Actually, now that I think on it, you're right. Bobo the giant crow was given a name in Wario Land 2, if I recall, in his reappearance.

For anyone curious, here's the Japanese names for the ones we've seen so far: Toge Bro (spiked turtle), Beefne (the bull), Hinyari (the boxing penguin), and Funfun (the statue head).

But the above listed already sound better :allears:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I just caught up on the LP and then I drew this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Digital Jello posted:

If I remember my old issues of Nintendo Power correctly, they named the first boss Spiked Koopa.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to share the parody that the thread title brings to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyk0sX5ERnA

Anyway, here I figured the teacup for the last world, on account of that's what Wario was chasing in the first place. Guess there's still more plunder ahead of Wario.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

So, since right now I've recorded the gameplay of Wario Land 1 and all of the games I wanted to show off between those, we're heading into Virtual Boy Wario Land.

A goon friend of mine (EntranceJew) told me actually has a script ready for Virtual Boy Wario Land that makes it so that I can put the video up in 3D. Now the only problem here is that, that due to the weird resolution of the Virtual Boy, we have to enter in some borders to make the 3d not look hosed up. So, thread I'm letting you decide: Either we go on without 3D but without the borders or we do it the 3D way.

Video examples:

Without 3D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeVcxBmmKHM

With 3D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWmIi_TMNA

I'm gonna leave you guys to vote on this until I've got the next update up.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Remember to pump up the quality to 1080p because youtube hates videogames and pixels.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
You'll need to tell people that it's possible to switch from 2D to 3D on YT, I didn't know that until just now. With "tell" I mean bold text with :siren:s because people are stupid, and put it in the YT description too for good measure (you WILL get "why is this looking weird" comments).

After you've done that, it's no contest - if people have 3D glasses, they can have the true experience, and for everyone else, it's not pink as poo poo, a giant plus. Go the 3D route.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Since you can apparently turn off the 3D on a 3D video, no real reason not to use that.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I'm gonna say go with 3D while I try to scrounge up my old 3D glasses.

e:

Bruceski posted:

I know when they moved the "large/small video size" toggle to Options instead of right on the bar it took me an hour to find it.

Ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Well, now I know, at least. :suicide:

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 21, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I tried it with glasses and it looks great! Definitely go 3D with Simon's warnings about how people will be blind to Youtube options. I know when they moved the "large/small video size" toggle to Options instead of right on the bar it took me an hour to find it.

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I turn the 3D on and see nothing. All I get is really horribly low-res looking black and white, even at 1080p. The non-3D version, at least, isnt so horribly janky looking.

EDIT: Wait, no, nvm. I thought actually clicking where it said "on" turned it on, but it turns out clicking the 3D option anywhere toggles it. It looks horribly janky WITHOUT the 3D turned on. Still, I dont have any 3D glasses, but I could probably get some.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Go for the 3d option. Having to turn off 3d every video is worth it over the color of the non-3d option.
Now if only Nintendo would put this game in the 3DS' virtual console store, or release a YouTube app for the 3DS.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, go for the 3D option.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Holidae posted:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I turn the 3D on and see nothing. All I get is really horribly low-res looking black and white, even at 1080p. The non-3D version, at least, isnt so horribly janky looking.

EDIT: Wait, no, nvm. I thought actually clicking where it said "on" turned it on, but it turns out clicking the 3D option anywhere toggles it. It looks horribly janky WITHOUT the 3D turned on. Still, I dont have any 3D glasses, but I could probably get some.
Where's the 3D option in YouTube? I don't see any "on" for it anywhere. I tried doing the old stereogram trick with this video, and I felt like it was almost working, but no dice.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Hirayuki posted:

Where's the 3D option in YouTube? I don't see any "on" for it anywhere. I tried doing the old stereogram trick with this video, and I felt like it was almost working, but no dice.
Click the cog. They stupidified their interface YET AGAIN.

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!
While the video is playing, click on the little gear on the right-hand side below the video. You'll see an option to toggle 3D on or off.

EDIT: beaten

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I just get Annotations, Player Size, and Quality.

Oh, well. The only 3D glasses I have are old-school red/blue, anyway.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Depending on the emulator you can usually choose the color of the screen, but i'd still go with 3D anyway.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There's even multiple options for 3D, including a double image for stereoscopic vision. That's where you can supposedly see 3D by crossing your eyes, but only if your brain's hooked up in a certain way (mine isn't).

I don't have the glasses so I'll be watching 2D anyway. As there's an option to switch, I don't mind if you make it 3D of course.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
3D looks better- now I have to procure a pair of those doofy old glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

I have to add one thing, though. Youtube is really loving fickle with the 3D so my update schedule will be all over the place.

So far, from just a small test video Youtube seemed to kill the audio and outright make 3d not appear until a millisecond before the video ended.

• Locked thread