Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Glad to see being a badass is acceptable.

I had a feeling that we would lose based on Dio's descriptions leading up to the event but I knew it was the right thing to to, and we have another cool concussion dream!

SerSpook posted:

It does not seem that Danal is too upset about not getting a horn, and Paebel's father is now a free man. I am content with this result and, though we lost the fight, we are not seriously injured. This will further reinforce that something truly bizarre happened.

Bring him. He is like a brother to us, and we should not hide such things from him. Though he is young and often foolish, he will not act out of malice. He may be able to corroborate our injuries being gone if it was thought we would be much more injured than we are.

I trust Ishamal's friends, yes, but they do not need to know every little thing about us. This is a time for seriousness and, in addition to this, if Ishamal feels Danal should not be present, they can watch him. Perhaps he will learn some interesting swears?

I want to ask Ishamal if he knows the name Mereniel.

I want to explain to Ishamal what we saw as we went unconscious, as well as what we saw two years prior. Include the white voice on black text as well.

SerSpook posted:

I'd also like ask Ishamal if he has any left over beef from the minotaurs.

Voting this

and a freeform question when we were awoken and Danal is at our bedside:

"How come I don't hurt? Did someone use magic on me to heal me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Updated reference document. Now with Great Fish!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efey9bd94tn8lw5/Reference%20for%20UR.pdf

We really need to talk with Mom. How did she get to Athar? Alone!?! It took us 3 months to walk from Athar to Zepath and Zepath is the most remote city. How did she get to Athar, alone and pregnant? Time's up. No more stalling Mom. Weird stuff is happening to us and we need to know if you want us to be safe.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 19, 2013

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B - Tell Danal: "Looks like we're off to a good start at being heroes.", also we should feel a sense of pride at doing good.
2. B
3. A - Ishamal's friends are cool, but they'd likely distract us one way or the other while we try to make sense of these dreams.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
We are mad! We were in a fight and got our rear end kicked and don't even have any scars to show for it. We've been cheated.

edit:

No, we don't need anyone thinking we're any more nuts than they do already. They can find out later when we turn into a fishtrocity and eat half the city.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 19, 2013

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. B SON OF A -- Your dad's free? Awesome! Did you snag one of the minotaur's banners?

2. A Let him know and understand a bit more of what our life is like.

3. A Ishamal's friends didn't beat Asherah out of us. I'm sure they're great guys, but this is a private conversation.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
B
B
A

I don't think we should bring Danal so that Ishamal can speak completely freely. He's like our little brother, but let's keep away any barriers to the truth.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

B, as per SerSpook.

B

A

I'm not sure we should ask mom anything just yet, either. She's been trying to forget our village since we left, so I doubt she'll be very forthcoming. Let's wait until we're at least a man, so we can legitimately tell her we're grown-up enough to know the truth.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
1. B. "By El, we are getting a good start at being heroes! Give Paebel my congratulations."

2. B. I know the general consensus is that the two of us are best bros, but I still feel that this is something we need to do by ourselves, alone, and protect Danal by leaving him out of it. Besides, Danal is not yet of legal drinking age!

3. B. His friends probably pulled our sorry unconscious rear end away after the fight. I've got no compunction against pulling up a chair and saying "I had the weirdest El-damned dream while I was out, and if you buy me some beer, I'll tell you about it!" Maybe he's planning to go off adventuring soon and we can join the gang as an apprentice.

I also think we should ask if there's any leftover minotaur burgers.

No harm in asking mom about how she ended up in the fishing village, I guess, but I still think she's just going to become silent and uncooperative in this manner. Maybe we should ask Ishamal; perhaps the expedition was a rescue mission for a long-lost Zepathian.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

1: B : We were getting the horns for Danal, and he seems happy with the outcome, so that's fine!
2: B : Would prefer to go alone, but Danal can come if he really insists.
3: B : We're fairly familiar with them by now.

Basically, we're chill!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
So... we took on a bigger enemy and his group to help out some little kids get the horn, and then Danal let them sell it to free a slave rather than keeping the trophy for himself!?

Diogines posted:

1. (Optional) As Danal tells you that the horns are not yours or Danals you think....
B. Something else. Fill in.

Think? Think nothing. We leap out of bed, snatch up Danal in a bear hug, and spin him around while laughing and yelling "Enkidu and Labaras!"

quote:

You decide that you want to have a chat with Ishamal.
2. Do you bring Danal with you?
A. Yes.
B. No.
3. Do you want to talk to Ishamal alone, or do you want his friends here?
A. Ishamal, alone.
B. I don't care if his friends are here.

Voting 1B, 2A, and 3A.

If we plan on adventuring with Danal, he's going to need to hear the truth sooner or later. On the other hand, I don't want any weird rumors getting spread by Ishamal's drinking buddies. We're already a cannibal wildboy; I don't think we also need to be a crazy demon-worshiper or something.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Danal selling the horns is something really unexpected and generous, we should find out if it was his idea or what. Encourage this kind of thing in the future.

We can just ask I guess.
Ask Danal (smiling, so he knows we like it): Was it your idea to give the horns to Paebel, so he can free his father?

Votes:
1: B
2: B Nothing against Danal, but we don't know what the answers might be (there will be talk about Asherah probably). We can always choose to tell him about it after we have the answers.
3: A

Question to ourselves: Did we always have this good sight/hearing, or only since we moved to the city (maybe as a result of something on our travel here). For example as a child when we saw the men go out to see for fishing, did we see small (dice sized) details when they were a mile away? We probably climbed up to some better vantage point a few times during all those years, so line of sight wouldn't be a problem. Did we usually hear what people were talking about from far away?

Question to Ishamal: Can Ophanim/Melachim father children with a human mother? Does this happen? Are there stories about such things?
If yes, then what do the stories say about such children? Are they special/different similar to Labaras' descendants or are they "normal" human?

Also voting yes to tell Ishamal about all of the dream scenes and voices.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. B. The fact that Danal was willing to give the horns up shows that maybe we've helped him through his bratty stage. We should be proud of him and ourselves.

No opinion on the other two.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

ShadowGlass posted:

We can just ask I guess.
Ask Danal (smiling, so he knows we like it): Was it your idea to give the horns to Paebel, so he can free his father?

Yea just wanted to make sure since I saw a lot of people voting for Serspooks plan, which didn't really have a specific option for asking Danal stuff.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1 "That's a relief! I didn't have any good ideas for them anyways."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I try to gauge what you want to share and what you don't but it not always obvious.

I am going to dive in to the questions soon and do all the ones through now, give me an hour or two. The general vibe I am getting is you want to share details of your supernatural experiences with Ishamal, where they are relevant to your questions.

If this is not the case, speak up.

Also, if there is any particular aspect or detail you want to keep back from Ishamal, speak up.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Plan Ser Spook because we need to win.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Minor edits for accuracy and to minimize authors bias:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efey9bd94tn8lw5/Reference%20for%20UR.pdf

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

1: B; Well I'm glad something good came out of my severe beating, who healed me though?

2: B; I think Danal can learn more about this from us later when he is a little bit older, for now we need to figure this out alone.

3: Both? If not, then alone. I would want to ask them all a few casual questions like "Where's the beef?" and other questions not related to our dreams, but I'd like to ask Ishamal about our dream alone.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

The general vibe I am getting is you want to share details of your supernatural experiences with Ishamal, where they are relevant to your questions.

I'd say share all the dreams/voices stuff regardless if they are relevant or not. And generally ask his opinion about what does it all mean. Don't talk about the sandal/flute/forest pavilion.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

A Terrible Person posted:

We leap out of bed, snatch up Danal in a bear hug, and spin him around while laughing and yelling "Enkidu and Labaras!"
I like this as a minor action in addition to my vote.

Diogines posted:

Also, if there is any particular aspect or detail you want to keep back from Ishamal, speak up.
I'm cool for telling him everything in general, but I'm hesitant in telling him we actually have a supernatural flute and sandals. Emphasis on hesitant because I would be cool with telling him if the conversation leads to him seeming trusting with other information about dreams, finding the grove in the forest, tiny-text voice, white-on-red voice, etc.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

ShadowGlass posted:

Question to ourselves: Did we always have this good sight/hearing, or only since we moved to the city (maybe as a result of something on our travel here). For example as a child when we saw the men go out to see for fishing, did we see small (dice sized) details when they were a mile away? We probably climbed up to some better vantage point a few times during all those years, so line of sight wouldn't be a problem. Did we usually hear what people were talking about from far away?
Your senses have not improved, as far as you can tell, if you can tell, it is possible you may not have noticed. As best as you can recall, they are now, how they have always been. Which is the same as everyone elses, right?

ShadowGlass posted:

We can just ask I guess.
"No, they all wanted to."

"Where are we going?" Danal asks you. "To see Ishamal" you say as you rise "I have some questions for him."

Snarls Barkley in tow, you find the tavern in which Ishamal is drinking this morning. It is not yet noon, but that does not seem to have troubled Ishamal and his friends today, or any other day, come to think of it. You hear pipe music playing before you enter and see Ishamal and his drinking companions, laughing as Ishamal finishes a joke, something about a maiden with two heads? You only caught the last bit of it.

"Ah! The hero of the battle!" one of Ishamals friends says in a laughing tone and gestures you over as he sees you, the man, who you know to be Edet, a little over 7 feet tall, a bushy red beard and perhaps in his 50s? Knowing the age of people in Zepath is always a bit tricky, most are as they seem, but some, especially taller men... sometimes are not. He is not as tall as the mighty men though. Come to think of it, all of Ishamals friends are probably pushing 40 or so and all are a bit over 7 feet tall, though all are shorter than Tudiya's Mighty Men.

Edet pushes a glass of wine into your hand, the other men raise their glasses and let out a small laugh and a small cheer as they see you.

You tell Ishamal you wanted to talk with him.... alone.

"Do you know longer love us?" Edet says with a laugh, the other men also laugh, but Ishamal tells them "Give the boy a little time, we'll get back to the story soon enough-" the other men nod and depart. Danal sits in a chair across the table from Ishamal, Snarls Barkley climbs up onto the chair beside him and sits in it as well, you sit next to him.

"Well, whats on your mind, boy?" Ishamal asks.

You ask him several questions...

FoxTerrier posted:

Almost forgot to add that we should thank Ishamal for coming to help save our rear end and send Lullaya running.
"You are welcome" he says.

Sogol posted:

Also, ask Ishamal about the Stars sigil and what that means.
"It is to honor Xuriel for the celebrations past and occasions of which to celebrate in the days ahead."

SerSpook posted:

I'd also like ask Ishamal if he has any left over beef from the minotaurs.
Ishamal laughs and gestures to the pile of jerky on the table. You take a bite of some of it. It is a bit spicy but actually rather good!

ShadowGlass posted:

Question to Ishamal: Can Ophanim/Melachim father children with a human mother? Does this happen? Are there stories about such things? If yes, then what do the stories say about such children? Are they special/different similar to Labaras' descendants or are they "normal" human?
"It is forbidden" Ishamal says with a hint of a dark tone "they can no more breed with a man than a man could with a donkey or a sheep, a perverse thing to even consider."

SerSpook posted:

Ask Ishamal if he knows the name Mereniel.
"Mereniel?" Ishamal says with a tone of slight surprise. "Not a name often spoken here. Where did you hear it?"
Ishamal takes another gulp of wine from his cup and places it down. He makes a small gesture towards the room with his right hand, almost as if he was gesturing them to leave. The conversations, laughter and noise of the tavern is suddenly muted. You can still hear it, if you listen, but only barely. The noise from those passing by in the street, is gone. If you listen closely, you might hear Danal or Snarls Barkley, but the sounds of their breath is suddenly almost undetectable. At this moment, Snarls Barkley jumps down from his chair and starts playing with Danal, who does not seem to have detected anything out of the ordinary has occurred. The world is suddenly a very quiet place and the only thing which sounds normal, is Ishamal.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

3. How Tudiya would be able to know details of our village no one knew about (Sushem's name)
"He is a king and the minds of men are seldom closed to such men."

LLSix posted:

Ask Why did you and your friends fight separately from the rest of the men?
"Some of my good friends are not men of Zepath, they owe no allegiance here, so they did not fight. They are retired and Tudiyah had the situation well in hand. The others... well, they young men kept us company and poured for us."

LLSix posted:

Ask/request Can you teach us how to fight? Without getting knocked unconscious? This seems especially natural after losing one.
"You seem to have such a fondness for smashing your head up, are you sure you don't wish to master that, Boy?" he says with a laugh. "I have no fondness to teach men to make war, if you are not happy with the Temple however, I've a friend or two who might train you."

WhiteOutMouse posted:

"How come I don't hurt? Did someone use magic on me to heal me?
"It was not I" he says "I think you well deserve lumps from a stunt like that, not that it was not valiantly done, but maybe a little stupid."

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

5. Are there any religious stories of the end of the world or coming disasters? Religions tend to have those kind of stories.
No such stories exist in this culture, as far as you are aware and as far as you have heard.

SerSpook posted:

I want to explain to Ishamal what we saw as we went unconscious, as well as what we saw two years prior. Include the white voice on black text as well.
You tell Ishamal. You tell him of all of the visions you believe you have had, but not of the strange structure in the forest. Ishamal listens to your story, mostly quietly, he asks a few brief questions but otherwise does not interrupt. When you finish, he takes another sip from his cup and says to you "I would be tempted, in other circumstances to say you were surely making this up, or possessed of a demon" he lets out a large sigh.

"What am I to say to this? You are young. Very, very young. You wish answers to your questions, but I think it wisest to not tell you, I hope you will trust me on such. I will tell you more, when I think you ready. If you have an odd dream or think you have a vision, or bash your head again, which you seem especially fond of doing, tell me. Me and only me, do not tell the Temple of El or of the Melachim, do not speak of this to Danal, to your own mother or even to Tudiya or to any other person, or even your dog in your private moments." He takes another drink from his cup. "And do not try to mimic Shushem's rituals again" he says, raising a topic from 3 years past which he never mentioned to you again. "It is unwise."

He takes an empty cup from the table, spits into it once, then pours the pitcher of wine into it and makes an odd gesture with his right hand over the top of the cup, the wine inside seems to glow slightly for a moment and then, looks normal.

"Drink this" he says "and before you ask "what is it?" or "why?" I say again, just drink the wine boy and trust me."

1. You...
A. Drink the cup of wine.
B. Do not drink the cup wine.
C. Politely ask him what he just did
D. Demand to know what he just did.
E. Something else.

2. Well... that but he just said... was um... yeah. Your response, if any?

We skipped over duplicate questions. If I missed yours, or you do not feel that it was really a duplicate of a question already answered, please ask it again. If you don't like his answer, you could always ask again, though he may not be any more willing to answer then, perhaps he would be. Or not!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 20, 2013

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
Drink up then ask what he did.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
1:A

2: "What happens if you die before I'm 'ready' to know the truth? Are there any others who might give me answers?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You can still ask questions, separate from the two votes.

A Terrible Person posted:

2: "What happens if you die before I'm 'ready' to know the truth? Are there any others who might give me answers?"

"Boy" Ishamal says with a laugh, then a small sip of wine "I am likely to outlive even Danal's unborn grandsons yet, do not worry yourself for things which will not come to pass."

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

A: Drink it. We trust him. We have no choice but to trust him, really.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Uberwill posted:

Drink up then ask what he did.
Voting for this.

I'd like to ask Ishamal how long he thinks it will take until he considers us ready and ask him if he can tell us who Mereniel is.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
"Is Xuriel known in the stories for making magical items of power for heroes, such as talking statues or book constantly on fire.*"

I assume we would realize by now that it was a book.

1.Drink up

2. Uhm, should Danal or Snarls take some too?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Drink up, then thank him for listening to us and helping share our burdens.

Ishamal has repeatedly saved our rear end and is probably really sticking his neck out again here if he doesn't even want Tudiya to know about things. Showing our appreciation now seems appropriate.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1 A

2 "I want to understand things, but if you don't think I'm ready I will wait. Can you at least tell me about Mereniel?"

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1: A Drink that poo poo without question.

2: "I will think hard on your words and do what you say... Including not getting my head thumped anymore."

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Question to ourselves!(the thread)

Should we tell him about the structure in the woods? About our two artifacts?

Our sandals are literally on a banner of the city, and we want to play this drat flute. Maybe the star sigil is the mark of the skygiant who made these artifacts, and thus he would know much more about heir nature.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

"I trust you, but what if I've vowed a vow not to take certain substances?"

"I look forward to the day that I will be ready to hear your interpretation of my visions, till then I will increase in wisdom that I may understand and accept it well. At that time, there may be more things I will be ready to share with you. It seems your wisdom is different from the two Temples. Is there any way for me to increase in your kind of wisdom?"

Diogines posted:

If you have an odd dream or think you have a vision, or bash your head again, which you seem especially fond of doing, tell me. Me and only me, do not tell the Temple of El or of the Melachim, do not speak of this to Danal, to your own mother or even to Tudiya or to any other person, or even your dog in your private moments."
"I'll trust you on this. I admit, sometimes I can decide strange choices."

E: Diog, what's the average lifespan of a normal, non-Labaras person in Zepath or the land?
"Ishamal, if El has mercy on me and I live to the end of my days, how many years do you think I could get to?"

OhYo fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 19, 2013

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1)E - spit it the cup as well, and then drink it. Because we be spittin', drinkin', manly men, yeah!

2) I got nothing. I'm sure the rest of you will come up with some good stuff.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -