Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
did u know: swedish vallhunds are basically wolf corgis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Don't get him stoned.

Yet. He's too young for the herb man. That and every time I watch one of those "I got my dog high" videos on youtube I get really uncomfortable about it because people are obviously shotgunning to their pets. But I'm weird and we have a no smoking rule in the house because cats can't tell you to put out your cigarette. So my garage walls are covered in cigarette tar instead of the living room.

Getting cats stoned is fine to me though, because they already laze around and do nothing all day anyhow, and it's basically similar to catnip or some poo poo. Damnit now I miss Cadger (walk up stray) because that rear end in a top hat ate some of my bud. :(

I know guys whose cats come running when they hear bong sounds and demand their share. Cattes, man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

atomicthumbs posted:

did u know: swedish vallhunds are basically wolf corgis

I did not but appreciate the education nevertheless!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
My mom's 160lb dog is very obnoxious when people are around. I was at her house for the weekend and I was smoking out in the garage and he wouldn't be quiet. My mom hated me smoking weed at her house so that's why I waited for her to sleep and went to the garage. I blew the smoke in the dog's face hoping to get him high and maybe calm him down but instead I think he got addicted because he got even more obnoxious after that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I know guys whose cats come running when they hear bong sounds and demand their share. Cattes, man.

My inside cats will come up to the garage/kitchen door and sit there the whole time I'm smoking in the garage. If they're not right inside that door, they're in the bonus room above the garage. I give them catnip a lot though, so I like to think we're on similar planes.

And my cats are fat little assholes, both around 15 pounds. I can't afford to get them stoned, they'll double their food costs and cut into the weed budget. But they also eat spinach so I could probably just make them a salad or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDd_ByfhZM

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
I don't have dog, so I appreciate urs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Somebody managed to turn on the garden hose. :mad:

Guilty party identified:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Look at that face, he's sorry. Dogges will be dogges.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Sorry he got caught

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Look at that face, he's sorry. Dogges will be dogges.

I've seen that face way too much in the past few days. He's really being a pain in the rear end.

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm seriously considering asking my landlord what can be done for me to get a dog w/o breaking my leaseZ

Should I do this y/n

Get a shrink to certify the animal as a "emotional service animal", like a seeing eye, except for crazy people. Had a buddy (who actually has depression, if that's a real thing) do it. They can't do anything or it's breaking the handicapped equality law.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

I've seen that face way too much in the past few days. He's really being a pain in the rear end.

Have you considered obedience training? Maybe break bad habits you're noticing?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Have you considered obedience training? Maybe break bad habits you're noticing?

Thanks, Mr. Obvious. Yesterday was the first time he's chewed on a shoe in 4 months, and today was the first time he poo poo in the house in 4-5 months. Today he figured out (to my surprise) that no area of the kitchen counter is beyond his reach. His only real "habit" is digging in one spot in the (middle of the) yard...it's a sign of boredom and he's already growing out of it I think. When it's a hole full of MUD, that's another story. Overall he's well behaved, this has just been a lovely few days.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Thanks, Mr. Obvious.

Chill out. Just trying to help.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Exactly. This is a chill thread. Don't get upset at advise even if you're already doing it. We're all trying to make each other better. I do a lot of good things with Dakota but I am not at all under a delusion that I know all. This is a happy place for people to post dogges. Thanks in advance.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Nice! posted:

Exactly. This is a chill thread. Don't get upset at advise even if you're already doing it. We're all trying to make each other better. I do a lot of good things with Dakota but I am not at all under a delusion that I know all. This is a happy place for people to post dogges. Thanks in advance.

gently caress you don't tell him how to act

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Dakota is a really cute but I'm partial to the aussies in this video especially the blue merle pup. Reminds me of when maggie was a little tyke :3:

movax
Aug 30, 2008

guys dogs are cool don't ruin it :(

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Godholio posted:

It's amazing how much he looks like Archer in markings and everything. If I remember correctly, Archer is like 4-5 months older? Uh, just so you're prepared...it's going to get worse. Archer is becoming a real adorable rear end in a top hat through his "puberty" stage. It's apparently really common for them to become worse around this time as they test their boundaries and re-evaluate their place in the pack. Archer still knows everything I've taught him, because he does everything perfectly WHEN HE WANTS TO. Otherwise he's a handful.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Logan's almost 8 months, I'm not sure how old Archer is. Yeah, I know it'll get worse, but when I'm more comfortable with his musculature development we're gonna get him fixed. We don't need puppies or marking. That'll take a little of the edge off (which I know we haven't even gotten to).

And absolutely, when he wants to listen, he's loving amazing. Then there's times like yesterday when he squeezed past me out the front door...he almost always just stops right in front of the house and looks around until I call him then he'll come right back in, but this time he decided he wanted to go play with a 5 year old down the street and took off. Kid hauled rear end into his house. Not cool.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Taking charge of the door is pretty easy once you establish a routine. Dog I had years ago would try to bolt through the door the moment it was opened when we would go for walks. So I made him sit by the door before I would even open it. I'd start to crack it, he'd start to lunge, and I would should it. Then just tell him to sit again and repeat. He got the door game down in a day. After that I'd start making him do more like sit, then shake, then lay down etc while giving him treats and such. He got to the point that he would fly to the door and almost immediately lay down because he knew that was the only way he would get to go out. It's awesome.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

When I got my Rottweiler he was about a year old but his previous owner had some serious poo poo going on with her life so he was basically left alone home for days at a time so he had pretty bad muscle development. So when I got him I opted to leave his nuts hanging around for a little bit while I turned him into the manly rear end stud he is now.

Motherfucker just would not stop pissing inside of the house, and when my parents visited, he spent 3 whole days straight trying to gently caress their rottweiler/shepherd mix. Got his rear end fixed a week later and he's 1000% less rear end in a top hat now. He still has separation anxiety issues, and shits far more than any animal should, but he's pretty well behaved. Just loving worthless as a dog. I come home and the motherfucker is sleeping on my bed snoring up a goddamn storm and doesn't even twitch.

Also did some research and found out he's very likely from one of those breeding farms, as he has some loving horrendous hip dysplasia, with his femur being all deformed and poo poo. Luckily despite being tremendously inbred he's fantastic around other people and dogs :unsmith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If he's eating a lot and its just running through him, maybe a better food would be good. Dakota is very well fed and he's eating about half the taste of the wild than he was the purina they were feeding him before I got him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Taking charge of the door is pretty easy once you establish a routine. Dog I had years ago would try to bolt through the door the moment it was opened when we would go for walks. So I made him sit by the door before I would even open it. I'd start to crack it, he'd start to lunge, and I would should it. Then just tell him to sit again and repeat. He got the door game down in a day. After that I'd start making him do more like sit, then shake, then lay down etc while giving him treats and such. He got to the point that he would fly to the door and almost immediately lay down because he knew that was the only way he would get to go out. It's awesome.

I've actually been doing this for most other things...I won't let him in unless he's sitting, I won't put his food down unless he's sitting, and I'm extending it to get him to stop jumping. When I get home I won't pet him until he sits. When I ask if he wants to go for a walk or a ride he runs over to his leash and sits. This event was just me going outside for something non-dog related. He hasn't taken off like that from me in a long time...I usually don't care if he comes into the front yard with me, we have a fire hydrant at the corner of our lot and that's generally as far as he'll go.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

If he's eating a lot and its just running through him, maybe a better food would be good. Dakota is very well fed and he's eating about half the taste of the wild than he was the purina they were feeding him before I got him.

He's making GBS threads less since I got him on some quality dog food now. Between my 2 dogs they go through 2 bowls of dogfood a day as opposed to the 6+ they were doing. My lab/greyhound mix is really peckish and doesn't eat that much however. Maybe a 1/4 bowl a day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gentlemen, steel yourselves.

Beria
Nov 13, 2011
Really digging that dogs expression

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

movax posted:

guys dogs are cool don't ruin it :(

der untercorg in there is freaking out

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

My inside cats will come up to the garage/kitchen door and sit there the whole time I'm smoking in the garage. If they're not right inside that door, they're in the bonus room above the garage. I give them catnip a lot though, so I like to think we're on similar planes.

And my cats are fat little assholes, both around 15 pounds. I can't afford to get them stoned, they'll double their food costs and cut into the weed budget. But they also eat spinach so I could probably just make them a salad or something.

When my labrador got fat the vet recommended replacing part of each meal with canned green beans. Being a labrador he'll just eat loving whatever, and it fills him up without carrying a bunch of calories.

But it gave him horrific gas, even by elderly dog standards. It was so bad that after he farted, he'd get up and leave.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My dog will walk by, fart look at his rear end, look at me, sneeze then run away. Motherfucker crop dusts me at least 3 times a day.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's always hilarious when a dog farts in its sleep and it scares it awake.

Or if they're already wide awake. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN1KigdIahc

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Blue Footed Booby posted:

When my labrador got fat the vet recommended replacing part of each meal with canned green beans. Being a labrador he'll just eat loving whatever, and it fills him up without carrying a bunch of calories.

But it gave him horrific gas, even by elderly dog standards. It was so bad that after he farted, he'd get up and leave.

Every morning I make my wife's breakfast and lunch, and every morning those loving cats are staring up at me for spinach, turkey, ice, and maybe a couple of cheerios if I'm eating cereal. They sit right in front of the fridge or the sink, unless I'm ignoring them, then they get on the counter and act like real assholes with big sad eyes and quivering jaws. When I get a dog it'll probably do the same drat thing.

Stupid fat cats.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

It's always hilarious when a dog farts in its sleep and it scares it awake.

Or if they're already wide awake. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN1KigdIahc

ahahahahahahahahhaha

i am a 12 year old

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Post Thunder

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

movax posted:

ahahahahahahahahhaha

i am a 12 year old

same. also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xEX-48RHCY

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

classic dogge

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I love this video.

I walked into the living room, heading for my spot on the couch, when this guy decided to dive into my seat half a second before my rear end. Then he posed as if he'd been there all loving day (I love the eyes).

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I'm back in my home town on home leave and stopped by my inlaws who have a border collie. The dog has always liked me the most and when they said "TCD is coming over" she waited outside until I pulled up.

She then ran circles around me whining and while jumping and licking me. She's normally a pretty aloof doggie and does her own thing, but seeing her so happy to see me after 2 years of not seeing her brought a really big grin to my face.

:3: