Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I just assume that the show will mostly be a monster-of-the-week procedural as they slowly try to figure out how to kill the horseman or rescue Crane's wife or do whatever it is they're actually trying to do. It's not just going to be them futilely trying to fight the horseman every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I saw a preview last night that showed all 4 horsemen riding down a street

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

VDay posted:

I just assume that the show will mostly be a monster-of-the-week procedural as they slowly try to figure out how to kill the horseman or rescue Crane's wife or do whatever it is they're actually trying to do. It's not just going to be them futilely trying to fight the horseman every week.
Yeah, I figure whether or not I decide to stick with the show depends on how the monster-of-the-week episodes hold up, because those are coming.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Daric posted:

I saw a preview last night that showed all 4 horsemen riding down a street

Thanks very much for spoiling that.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Oh my bad, generally commercials that air during prime time aren't considered spoilers

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Annakie posted:

There's really not a good "Look at me standing here all fierce and awesome" shot in the opening scene. I went over it three times trying to find the best shot. There's some later on after he's headless, but I think for this scene, this is as good as it's gonna get. Not great, but serviceable. Sorry! :(

That's still pretty sweet! Thank you!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Daric posted:

Oh my bad, generally commercials that air during prime time aren't considered spoilers

Uh, no, those have always been spoilers. If it hasn't aired on the east coast as part of the program, it's a spoiler. Full stop.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Daric posted:

Why would any plot info about a future, un-aired episode of any show not be considered a spoiler?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I can't believe only one person has made the Buffy The Vampire Slayer comparison so far. That's exactly the vibe I got from the pilot. When I go back and rethink watching BTVS it feels identical.

They're straddling the line between absurdly stupid, funny and intriguing pretty well. It did feel rushed but I'm hoping that was just the nature of it being the pilot, BTVS had the same thing in the beginning.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Debating spoiler semantics are worse than being spoiled about inconsequential things, but hey, what do I know

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I just sort of assumed that a show called Sleepy Hollow, about Sleepy Hollow, would have a series-long Big Bad in the Headless Horseman. And I thought that his being complete would bring about the other three, not that the other three would just show up out of the blue and create problems themselves.

But if they can come up with other compelling monsters that tie in to the mythos, I'll be all over those. I just kind of assumed that the Headless Horseman would be Ichabod Crane's "white whale" and that if the Horseman goes, Ichabod goes with him.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

King Vidiot posted:

This show had me at Horseman With a Shotgun.

...he'll just keep wrecking poo poo and they'll have to throw more and more redshirts at him until it gets ridiculous.

This is my sincerest hope. I think it would be great if they got guest stars each week just to get beheaded.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

I just sort of assumed that a show called Sleepy Hollow, about Sleepy Hollow, would have a series-long Big Bad in the Headless Horseman. And I thought that his being complete would bring about the other three, not that the other three would just show up out of the blue and create problems themselves.

But if they can come up with other compelling monsters that tie in to the mythos, I'll be all over those. I just kind of assumed that the Headless Horseman would be Ichabod Crane's "white whale" and that if the Horseman goes, Ichabod goes with him.
Isn't this mostly speculation instead of plot fact?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Lyman posted:

Isn't this mostly speculation instead of plot fact?

Based on what I saw yeah, but that would make sense I think

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Man, wouldn't it be great if the other 3 horsemen where on the bad guy side of America's wars. War himself burnt down the white house during the War of 1812, Famine chilled out with the nazis, and Philistine was on the Confederate side and recently trade in his horse for the General Lee.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Annakie posted:

Preview of next week's episode on Entertainment Weekly. Contains spoilers, obviously.

Gif:

I love how the horseman's lack of head is the O in the show's logo there.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

mr.capps posted:

Man, wouldn't it be great if the other 3 horsemen where on the bad guy side of America's wars. War himself burnt down the white house during the War of 1812, Famine chilled out with the nazis, and Philistine was on the Confederate side and recently trade in his horse for the General Lee.

This would be amazing and I would buy every DVD set.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Pestilence, not Phillistine.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

ImpulseDrive posted:

I feel like philistine could be a part of the apocalypse though, something like Idiocracy...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ImpulseDrive posted:

Pestilence retired in 1936 following the discovery of penicillin.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mr.capps posted:

The anti-vacination moment brought him back.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope the headless horseman tries on a series of different guest star heads, like an evil Doctor

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here is the relevant section of Revelation in regards to the four horsemen.

quote:

[2] And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
[3] And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
[4] And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
[5] And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
[6] And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
[7] And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
[8] And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I've always loved the Sleepy Hollow story and this seems like it's going to be one of those shows where I can't wait for the next episode. Like other posters have said, not every show has to be award winning, it just has to be fun to watch. I'm also hoping for a quick montage that features Crane power reading an American History book or wasting an entire day looking up poo poo on Wikipedia.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think the first thing I would show him about the 21st century is tubgirl, followed closely by 2girls1cup

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I hope Headless survives to cut off someone's still living head to use as his head and it's just sort of sitting up there weeping and screaming bloody murder and then when he's done with it he headbutts a wall so hard his stolen head goes flying off.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Finally got around to watching this, and, uh, :stare:

This show is loving bonkers. And in a good way. The Headless Horseman is armed to the teeth!? :krad: So watching this.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Annakie posted:

Meet Ichabod Crane, played by Tom Milson. Just your ordinary Oxford History professor in 1790, sent by the queen to fight against the revolutionaries in the colonies. Instead, he defected and turned into a high ranking officer under George Washington.

Your date may be off, as the Revolutionary War ended in 1783.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The fight for freedom is never ending, sir

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It was loving badass when the Horeseman took up the shotgun and rifle. I'm hooked.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Sleepy Hollow - It was loving badass when the Horeseman took up the shotgun and rifle.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Just caught up with this via On Demand. Despite having to deal with ad breaks and other such horrors... God drat, this show is loving insane and it's glorious. I'm in for the next little while. It strikes the balance between utter absurdity and just being witty enough to make it all work out.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Oh yeah, that's right. Pollution took over as his replacement at that point.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

ImpulseDrive posted:

Oh yeah, that's right. Pollution took over as his replacement at that point.

Though I believe Pestilence made a come-back during the 80s.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Crisco Kid posted:

Though I believe Pestilence made a come-back during the 80s.

:golfclap:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They're probably going to bring the seven deadly sins in too aren't they?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Conquistador posted:

That girl is so pretty :allears:

She's also apparently small enough to fit easily into most trunks or back seats, though she will bite if threatened or agitated...

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

johntfs posted:

She's also apparently small enough to fit easily into most trunks or back seats, though she will bite if threatened or agitated...

How big do you have to be to NOT fit into a back seat?

edit: mmmmk

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 22, 2013

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

TheChad posted:

How big do you have to be to NOT fit into a back seat?

Vertically is one thing, horizontally is something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I know the fish-out-of-water modern technology jokes are cliche and all, but I like the way this show does them. The line in the commercials about the cop's gun makes me laugh.

• Locked thread