Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

I've had a pretty good local Newznab installation going for a while now, but I seem to be having problems with the blacklist. Newznab Plus "ships" with a default regex that's supposed to weed out non-English releases, but mine doesn't appear to be working at all. I've looked it over, ensured it's actually activated, but...nada. I still have a veritable cornucopia (I just like that phrase) of releases in languages that I neither speak nor will ever learn. Does anyone who's better at this than I am have any suggestions?

It's not the end of the world, but my database is getting kind of large-ish, and I know I could keep it from growing out of control if I could just keep the foreign language stuff out. Don't really want to build a dedicated server just to handle NN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
Newsdemon.com (Highwinds reseller) is having a sale on 1TB blocks for $35. link.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The Goonzb site is still ticking along merrily enough, just nothing has changed on it for ever.

It still works fine though, and sickbeard grabs stuff off it fairly regularly for me

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

The Goonzb site is still ticking along merrily enough, just nothing has changed on it for ever.

It still works fine though, and sickbeard grabs stuff off it fairly regularly for me

I think the problem is more to the fact that it's not open to all goons yet. I know I sent an email forever ago to whoever I was supposed to and never got a login.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
Sickbeard ran a backlog on September 1st, and queued up 380Gb of stuff on SABnzbd. Which is fine, I have a shitload of incomplete TV shows. I put everything on pause until my billing cycle/data cap reset a few days ago, but when I went back to unpause everything, the massive queue had disappeared.

So then I ran a manual backlog search, but I think Sickbeard now considers these 'snatched' and not missing. How can I get Sickbeard to recognise that these episodes are actually wanted? I've tried what I think is a rescan, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Go to Episode Status Management, and manage episodes marked as snatched. You can either set them all to Wanted, or go through manually to each show and search again for the episodes.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Thanks, Fishmanpet.

modeski fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 14, 2013

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

ClassH posted:

I think the problem is more to the fact that it's not open to all goons yet. I know I sent an email forever ago to whoever I was supposed to and never got a login.

Yep, I think only people who signed up for alpha got accounts, and it's not been opened up yet. Wasn't there an issue with user registration or something, as in they had to work out a proper system? It'd be great to get an update.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Uh, is Block News still okay? Just bought an account there, but can't seem to connect or use their account pages.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Phiberoptik posted:

Uh, is Block News still okay? Just bought an account there, but can't seem to connect or use their account pages.

The site is probably down but the servers work fine.

Shy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 14, 2013

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm sure the solution to this was mentioned somewhere in the thread months ago, but I've got a problem with sickbeard in that it only lists part of a season of a TV show.

If i check thetvdb.com it lists all of them, so i can only think that there's something up with sickbeard. Does anyone know how i fix this?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Kin posted:

I'm sure the solution to this was mentioned somewhere in the thread months ago, but I've got a problem with sickbeard in that it only lists part of a season of a TV show.

If i check thetvdb.com it lists all of them, so i can only think that there's something up with sickbeard. Does anyone know how i fix this?

Have you tried "Force Full Update"?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is nzbs.org having trouble for anyone else? It won't load for me.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

EC posted:

Is nzbs.org having trouble for anyone else? It won't load for me.

Yep it's down at the moment, getting 502s and a bunch of other errors.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Have you tried "Force Full Update"?

That didn't seem to do anything but a mass update and rescan did the trick.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
So Newshosting seems to be bombing out more and more for me on certain things, what provider do you all recommend (more than happy to try a block account, I don't download much)?

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
SO I have a 27gb downloaded file. My temp drive is only 50gb, this means I don't have enough room to unpack it on this drive. (Which sab is trying to do right now).

Can I move this to another drive and run some linux command to manually unpack it? I'm also running unraid if that matters.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

MasterColin posted:

SO I have a 27gb downloaded file. My temp drive is only 50gb, this means I don't have enough room to unpack it on this drive. (Which sab is trying to do right now).

Can I move this to another drive and run some linux command to manually unpack it? I'm also running unraid if that matters.

If it's a rar file you would run whatever unrar utility that is installed to unpack. It should have a switch you can flag to also repair with the parity files if the archive has any issues.

Zarbo
Mar 1, 2013

by Ralp

porksmash posted:

Newsdemon.com (Highwinds reseller) is having a sale on 1TB blocks for $35. link.

Thank you for this.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Is there a reliable way to get an account on DogNZB or is it just waiting and/or asking around?

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Shukaro posted:

Is there a reliable way to get an account on DogNZB or is it just waiting and/or asking around?

http://dognzbchecker.com/

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Neat! Now to just play the waiting game.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

porksmash posted:

Just getting back in newsgroups after a few years away (NZB's were just showing up when I last seriously used them and I still prefer to manually browse headers, for reference). I missed procrastinated on the previous 500gb for $20 deal from labor day I'd rather not pony up $35 when I'm a pretty light downloader. Do deals like that labor day 500gb deal come around relatively often?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Just getting back in newsgroups after a few years away (NZB's were just showing up when I last seriously used them and I still prefer to manually browse headers,

How quaint.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I missed procrastinated on the previous 500gb for $20 deal from labor day I'd rather not pony up $35 when I'm a pretty light downloader. Do deals like that labor day 500gb deal come around relatively often?

It seems like I hear about a this $35/1TB sale every month or two.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

There are a lot of ~$40 1TB deals but $20 for 500GB is less common.

If you can last 10 weeks, Black Friday is November 29th.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Just getting back in newsgroups after a few years away (NZB's were just showing up when I last seriously used them and I still prefer to manually browse headers, for reference). I missed procrastinated on the previous 500gb for $20 deal from labor day I'd rather not pony up $35 when I'm a pretty light downloader. Do deals like that labor day 500gb deal come around relatively often?

newsgroupdirect is having a happy hour sale tomorrow from 4-6pm est.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
I really need a block account sale to happen from a non Highwinds media provider.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I've got Sickbeard working great for multi episode files (eg S01E22E23) but now I've got a quandry, a single episode that spans multiple seasons (eg S01E26S02E01). Any way I can get Sickbeard to handle this?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FISHMANPET posted:

I've got Sickbeard working great for multi episode files (eg S01E22E23) but now I've got a quandry, a single episode that spans multiple seasons (eg S01E26S02E01). Any way I can get Sickbeard to handle this?
No. I can see why someone would want to join a season cliffhanger with its end, and it would make sense for SickBeard to handle that kind of situation if it only kept track of your library, but since it also does file organizing with season folders this is too complicated.
Separate the joined files if you can or download different versions if you have to.

Also I got a dollar that says this is Star Trek Next Gen.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
:ssh:

I'd rather they be split as well anyway. Is there an easy way to split an MKV without having reencode or anything like that?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
There seem to be tools to split MKVs without reencoding, but I can't say I've used any of them.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

FISHMANPET posted:

:ssh:

I'd rather they be split as well anyway. Is there an easy way to split an MKV without having reencode or anything like that?

Easy with mkv toolnix.
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Recently I noticed that when Sickbeard sends stuff to Sabnzbd they are often rejected with the Incomplete NZB file message.
Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? It's driving me nuts...

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Le0 posted:

Recently I noticed that when Sickbeard sends stuff to Sabnzbd they are often rejected with the Incomplete NZB file message.
Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? It's driving me nuts...

Sickbeard doesn't actually send NZB files to Sabnzbd, just the links to where it can download them. If you're getting incomplete NZB errors that's an issue with the file/site.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Keito posted:

Sickbeard doesn't actually send NZB files to Sabnzbd, just the links to where it can download them. If you're getting incomplete NZB errors that's an issue with the file/site.

Ahh yes well after doing some tests, it's actually the goon website that is giving me these incomplete nzb :(
Are there any other indexer worthwhile?

EDIT: I noticed that Sickbeard is telling me that my info for the goon indexer are wrong however I can login fine and I copied the correct API key...

Le0 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 21, 2013

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Le0 posted:

Ahh yes well after doing some tests, it's actually the goon website that is giving me these incomplete nzb :(
Are there any other indexer worthwhile?

EDIT: I noticed that Sickbeard is telling me that my info for the goon indexer are wrong however I can login fine and I copied the correct API key...

The sickbeard indexer seems fine.

SteviaFan420
Apr 20, 2009
Will sickbeard rename and organize a folder full of already downloaded tv shows?

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
Yes, it renames and compiles metadata quite nicely.

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

SteviaFan420 posted:

Will sickbeard rename and organize a folder full of already downloaded tv shows?

do a manual post process and point it at the folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

SteviaFan420 posted:

Are they new shows, or more expisodes of shows that are already listed in Sickbeard?

If it's a new show, select: Add shows, Add Existing Shows

Then do a rename on the show.

In the other case:

Morkai posted:

do a manual post process and point it at the folder