Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

What's the best famicom game based on a manga?

I'd say Golgo 13 II, which got released in edited form in America under the name "The Mafat Conspiracy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I've got it on the perpetual backlog, but I've always heard rumblings of good things about the Madara game that was something of an advanced style RPG in the Chronicles of the Radia War spirit.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I went by a used game store today and found this.

I was trying to figure out whether or not I wanted it, and looked at the back

Seeing that the previous owner wrote their name on it was the deciding factor and convinced me to purchase it.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Colonel Roy Campbell? No wonder he went nuts.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

drat, I want to do this. I've never used Tenso, how abouts would I get them to order the clothes and will it cost me an arm and a leg to get it shipped to Vancouver?

Well, I just ordered from K-Lion to my tenso address and we'll see if it works. Didn't want to pay an extra $15 to have them place the order on my behalf so I went ahead and ordered from K-Lion myself, and I hope I did it right because otherwise that would be an expensive mistake.

Tenso seems easy to work with. After registering, you'll need to provide them with a scan of your primary ID (and a bill of some kind if your primary ID doesn't display your current address). You may not need to wait for them to verify this before you go on with the next step.

The next step depends on whether you feel you can muddle through the Japanese webpage yourself or if you are willing to pay to have Tenso do it for you. You'll need to order this and this in Green and in your size, then check out. They do offer free embroidery of a company name, so you should be able to tell them to put ゲームセンターCX on the top at no extra charge. Set your address and pay and hope things go for the best.

Alternatively you can use Tenso's buying service to take care of that, just provide them with the links to the items, and in the comments see if they will have the top embroidered. Having Tenso do that will take some of the headache off of you, at the cost of about $15US.

Looks like the top and bottom together cost around $65. I don't know how much they weigh but I just weighed my jeans and they're 700g so I doubt you'd get off less than 1kg, which means you're looking at $10 service fee plus something like $25-30 shipping.

If you use their buying service, you must pay for the items with PayPal. Either way you can pay for the shipping with a credit card or PayPal.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
Hey, quick question. Can anyone tell me the music that's played at the beginning of Retro Read-Aloud?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bio-Warrior Dan was a great episode. Definitely lived up to its potential. Loved the look and atmosphere in the game as well!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Anyone else having trouble connecting to alluvion.org? I get the error, 'The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.'

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Crap, its some squatter page. This may pose a problem in a bit.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

gunstarheroes posted:

Hey, quick question. Can anyone tell me the music that's played at the beginning of Retro Read-Aloud?
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG-vmVrHOGE

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
While I wait for Alluvion to come back, anyone happen to have the .torrent file for Phoenix, or be able to generate a magnet link? (In utorrent, you just right-click the download and it gives you the option to copy the magnet URI. I dunno how it's done in other torrenters.)

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Crap, its some squatter page. This may pose a problem in a bit.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly, because i have a feeling its about to rain.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Well Alluvion is still down, but theres more than one way to skin a cat

It's no secret that Arino's reflexes and stamina have been going downhill as he gets up there in years, but what about his brain? Watch as Arino's intellect takes on Detective Saburu Jinguuji. Translated and proofread by Zari-gani and Hirayuki

Torrent - http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=476186

Direct - http://depositfiles.com/files/44rbuf8rz

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Thanks for the new episode!

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Thanks team!

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Wohoo.

(The "Saburu" typo is only present in the release post, right? EDIT: Yup)

Adamant fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 23, 2013

epmode
Feb 11, 2008

God I love you guys.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Oh wow, I've always been curious to see how this game shakes out from offhand chatter through the years---the week just got a whole heap better thanks to Team GCCX!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I wish more Saburu Jinguuji games were localized.
Downloading with the speed of light

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That "woooow" sound clip they use when Arino is talking about something perverted always cracks me up.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
It's always a good day to have some more translated Kacho!

Thanks for all the translation work that goes into these eps!

FanofPortals fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 24, 2013

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Thanks, guys. I've been having a pretty bad day so-far, but this will pick me right up. :)

Kaseki
Nov 28, 2007
Fossil of the Sun
Thank you for all your hard work. I love GCCX and all my friends do too. It's always a treat when there is a new SA-GCCX episode!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JamMasterJim posted:

I wish more Saburu Jinguuji games were localized.
Downloading with the speed of light

There were some DS games that were localized as "Jake Hunter" right?

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

There were some DS games that were localized as "Jake Hunter" right?

One, though it was localized twice. It's a compilation title, which contains one original game and 5 ports of mobile phone games, 4 of which are remakes of Famicom games (the game Arino plays in this episode being one of them).

The first localization was titled "Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles", and only includes 3 of the 6 games. The second localization is titled "Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past" and includes everything, in addition to sporting an all new and much improved translation.
Obviously, get the second of these.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Thanks for the new episode!!!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The mystery in the DS port is significantly changed. For one thing, it's modernized quite a bit. For another, the solution to the mystery is different.

Anyway, you guys will be pleased to know that things are going to speed up now that the ugly episodes in the pipe are out of the way. Gutcruncher, after this and Mito Koumon you deserve a nice softball like your current one.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Adamant posted:

Wohoo.

(The "Saburu" typo is only present in the release post, right? EDIT: Yup)

I managed to misspell the file name, ad then forgot how to spell it and used the file name as my guide when I posted and made the torrent :downs:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks guys. I've really been looking forward to this episode and wish they'd do more adventure games in general.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Just got done watching the new episode. Amazing job as always, SAGCCX! :)

Mister Chief posted:

Thanks guys. I've really been looking forward to this episode and wish they'd do more adventure games in general.
I take it you didn't watch the Princess Tomato episode?

To be honest, I think Arino has a much better time doing the detective adventure games since they seem more exciting and require some serious thinking. That still doesn't take away my desire to see him attempt one of the old LucasArts or Sierra point-and-click adventure games, though...

Alternatively, have a special episode where Abe plays through the Telltale Walking Dead game to see if he's really too manly to cry.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I actually did mean murder mystery games like Hokkaido Serial Murders and Night Of The Sickle Weasels. It's fun to watch Arino's thought process and the story develop during the episode.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you for the new episode! Sorry to hear about alluvion.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new episode. The picture with Arino's face merged with the main character's head is amazing.

Major Helper fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 24, 2013

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Major Helper posted:

Thanks for the new episode. The picture with Arino's face merged with the main caracter's head is amazing.

For some reason it made me imagine Arino doing a really bad Columbo impression which made it even better.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the episode! I love these kinds of mystery adventure type games. I agree with MisterChief that it's always fun to hear Arino go through his thought process on the plot. But it's sad, though, that he doesn't consider Inoko MAX a real director!

It was funny how Arino's crazy prediction was correct, but I guess there wasn't enough red herrings or characters to have different clues for the case. I mean, it was sort of obvious whodunit.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I am always amazed by how drat good Arino is at murder mystery-type games. loving :lol: at him calling the hangglider.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

Taratang posted:

I am always amazed by how drat good Arino is at murder mystery-type games. loving :lol: at him calling the hangglider.

I caught that before him, because there's no way they'd mention a detail like that if it wasn't relevant to the story. The mystery was really very basic compared to newer stuff like Phoenix Wright.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Oh, they unveiled the 3DS game's first print and limited edition contents: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201309/22040531.html

Who was the guy who said that they would probably add trading cards here? Because you got your wish.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Megalixir posted:

Oh, they unveiled the 3DS game's first print and limited edition contents: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201309/22040531.html

Who was the guy who said that they would probably add trading cards here? Because you got your wish.

This summer, Arino is Leapfrog
A film by Chan-wook Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Megalixir posted:

I knew it! Sounds like a nice little package, i'll have to try and snag one.